PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

These floaty ball physics are getting the best of me. Tomorrow is do or die for this game. I'll uninstall it for good.

I've been playing it (yeah for the past two hours!) and this may be the "new patch placebo effect" thing but I think Konami finally finished their game! Keepers are super reactive, everything is very responsive, and above all, stats and tactics seem to be respected again, with teams no longer camping on the back and slow players being easily overtaken by fast player! I'm loving it :D

Great news Anderson, it wont be placebo because every new patch has been different. Sounds like a winner! Cant wait for tomorrow now :BOP:

I'm not joking! That's my general feel after a few matches. Still waiting for the moment that effect wears off, could be at any moment...

Nice to hear that.. probably test it tomorrow.

One question though regarding cpu ai attacks.. Do they pass around more and occasionally have slow build up ?

In recent 1.03 and i use purefootball gameplay patch, when attacking, cpu ai still keeps pushing/dribbling straight forward even if i got 2 mid and 4 back in front of him and he is alone :JAY:

Can they just play like some human player :P. Send it to the wing,back to mid or even play it around in the middle, send it to the back and not like spamming sprint button.. :RANT:\

Does this patch provide this cpu ai playing style ?

Last edited:
They seem to do a bit of both, but need to pay more attention to it to know how much it changed.

Keep us updated. These are the major problems I see with version 1.00 (that I prefer to 1.03):

- Goalkeepers aren't reactive, especially regarding second ball-situations.

- Playerswitching-issues.

- Catchup-bug /gamedesign.

- Defenders don't cover strikers waiting in the goal-area for an easy header.

- Highballs over the head of the striker leads to the striker to stop his forward-run, go back and then go forward again, ruining the opportunity.

- Loose balls go more to the CPU than to me, deflected balls tend to go into my goal... these little bias-things that amount to cheating.

I hope some of these problems got solved without reducing freedom, fun and realism (like 1.03 did).

Long low lateral passes in PES are not good.
When I pass low with my LB to my RB with full power, the ball will go to the CB. Sometimes the ball goes a bit further but still the CB will chase the ball, not the RB.
Even when I use LT (manual) + full power pass I still can't reach the other side of the pitch when there's someone else inbetween. Only high passes can do that.

They need the driven long ball from fifa (LT+Long ball) used to spray passes across pitch about 1 foot of the ground. Next step is a driven pass with height(a paul scholes) hoping to see it in PES 2013. Adds variation from simply ground or high floating passing.

I wonder if you can double tap the cross button to hit a driven pass across field, but just off the ground. Normal cross button at full power hits a switch of play but in the air. If you hold down the modifier the ball should be more lofted. So maybe it's there but we need to experiment.

Guys, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this but look what I found! http://dl.metaboli.com/Patchs/PES2012_Patch1.06.exe

It's the new patch, for the PC digital download version (the one I had). A couple of hours ago I decided to go to the usual place where these patches are and changed the address from 1.03 to 1.04. This showed up: http://dl.metaboli.com/Patchs/PES2012_Patch1.04.exe and the 1.06 showed up! It doesn't have any "fix list" but the exe was compiled last Monday.

OSdOa.png

72tKQl.jpg

No DLC has been prompted to download as of yet, that's expected anyway.

I've been playing it (yeah for the past two hours!) and this may be the "new patch placebo effect" thing but I think Konami finally finished their game! Keepers are super reactive, everything is very responsive, and above all, stats and tactics seem to be respected again, with teams no longer camping on the back and slow players being easily overtaken by fast player! I'm loving it :D

What? So they jumped from 1.04 to 1.06? :?

Thanks dude. I notice all the PES announcements happened at 11am over there which is 7.30pm here. I guess it would be something similar, give or take. Hoping to throw in the game tonight and try it out!

Question to anderson – had you been playing PES2012 every day over the last few months? Because if not, with respect, you're in no position to form a good judgement of what changes (if any) a gameplay patch has made. I noticed you've said elsewhere that the shooting seems improved but actually just the same, which is bizarre. It's looking like another placebo-packed weekend in the world of PES...

Question to anderson – had you been playing PES2012 every day over the last few months? Because if not, with respect, you're in no position to form a good judgement of what changes (if any) a gameplay patch has made. I noticed you've said elsewhere that the shooting seems improved but actually just the same, which is bizarre. It's looking like another placebo-packed weekend in the world of PES...

As soon as 1.06 is available for offline-download for xbox360 I will inject it onto my partly xbox360-formatted usb-stick and compare it back to back with version 1.00 and 1.03.

By the way I tested out if there was a possibility for short, quick, hard passes with R2 or without it... there really isn't a possibility for that in PES 2012.

So a new control-mechanism to separate direction (or recipient-choosing) from the power-bar. I think it's intuitive to use the left-stick's analogue-ability to signal to the game if the recipient is intended to be far or near or something inbetween and then to have the freedom to decide which power you would want to use for that pass to the intended recipient using the usual powerbar when pressing the pass-button.

Another thing that needs improvement is the activation of the second player. I think it's best if the second player were always activated to receive a shout with the right-stick where he should run to. The time to press right stick in and to wait if the activation happened, sometimes it works, sometimes not, is just too long and the opportunity is gone.

Last edited:
What? So they jumped from 1.04 to 1.06? :?

Why not? For all we know, konami might be sharing version numbers between PES and WE. Last one for PES was 1.03. When they released J-League DLC for WE only, there was also WE-specific 1.04 game update, mainly to add new submenu for J-League.

If they are about to release 1.06, then 1.05 might be the only 'missing link'. What happened to it? Is it perhaps reserved for another WE J-League DLC/update combo? Or was it simply scrapped during development?

Why not? For all we know, konami might be sharing version numbers between PES and WE. Last one for PES was 1.03. When they released J-League DLC for WE only, there was also WE-specific 1.04 game update, mainly to add new submenu for J-League.

If they are about to release 1.06, then 1.05 might be the only 'missing link'. What happened to it? Is it perhaps reserved for another WE J-League DLC/update combo? Or was it simply scrapped during development?

We has 1.05, http://t.co/SZ9Mfb2k

I´m a we user ;)

Regards!

Ah thanks. Didn't know that. Thought they might've done a mistake but good to know.

Anyone know if it's out yet?

EDIT: Oh just checked and it's out!

Last edited:
So how are the goalkeepers?

Are they reactive and good with second balls?

And how is ballcontrol? I found it too good in 1.03 which took out some of the randomness and realism of 1.00.

And are some of the bugs solved like the catch-up-bug and the bug that leads to defenders to leave strikers alone in the goal-area for easy headers?

Back
Top Bottom