PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I think I would have to agree. The CPU keeps possession and varies buildup play. I've played Superstar and had less possession than the CPU.

I gave up, however, because of PES rage; watching replays of my CBs drifting away from the striker at the critical moment are so infuriating.

But still, it is amazing gameplay...I just couldn't do it (for my own health).

Tell me about it mate, some of the scripting can be hideous but the game just keeps growing me, in part thanks to your excellent defensive tips.

Well.
Just had my first game of pes12 since Nov 11 and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was Bayern and played River Plate.

I dominated early possession but found myself 0-2 down after 30 mins.

I get goal back just before half time.

2nd half i play some beautiful football and get win 4-2 that includes a scorcher from Schwinstiger and a locket chip from Gomez.

Possession stats are me 62% them 38%.

I had 8 shots on target they had 4.

Played on game speed -2.

Gonna get option file now but just a prem one. If I remember correctly the massive file I put on last time I had game slowed the menus down to a standstill.

Well.
Just had my first game of pes12 since Nov 11 and I thoroughly enjoyed it.

I was Bayern and played River Plate.

I dominated early possession but found myself 0-2 down after 30 mins.

I get goal back just before half time.

2nd half i play some beautiful football and get win 4-2 that includes a scorcher from Schwinstiger and a locket chip from Gomez.

Possession stats are me 62% them 38%.

I had 8 shots on target they had 4.

Played on game speed -2.

Gonna get option file now but just a prem one. If I remember correctly the massive file I put on last time I had game slowed the menus down to a standstill.

Those possession stats are a feature of the game this year. You can easily enjoy 65% possession per game on Professional, quite routinely.

But possession equalises a lot more the higher difficuty levels you go. Up on Superstar, the CPU passes it around a bit, often defends higher up the pitch, and can keep you down to 55% possession in a tough game.

PES2012 is a great edition of the series, I have no doubt whatsoever, and I'm a next-gen sceptic who always yearned for the certainty of the PS2 days.

Well, in PES2012, after many ups and downs, I believe I've found it. That thing we're all looking for? It's right under our noses.

I'm a bit disappointed that PES2013 has started getting so much attention on this forum, just at the point when PES2012 is passing into its richest period for me and many others, and when so many are just (re-)discovering it for the first time.

There's still 6 months of PES2012 to go. The time for looking forward to PES2013 is not yet here, IMO.

Yeah if your on 360 the option files are a nightmare as like you say the menu's take forever to load as does the shirt selection screen etc Just not worth it.

Daymos has found a way round this but you need to buy his option file on a USB stick.

I "think" the price is covering the USB cost and postage. I'm not from the UK so I don't know how much a USB stick is, but you do get to keep it and use it for other things. The load times are not excessive. I turn off auto save on my Master League so I can just save at the end of my session. Saves a lot of time. Plus I have the Bundesliga and Championship too :) And he spends a LOT of time getting the editing done.

I tried doing an Australian League last year for myself and it takes an eternity lol. I wish Konami would have teamed up with someone for an online editor instead of myPES.

I just put version 3 on. Only 380 files as I think Daymos trimmed it down.
Might put the chants on now.
I won't be playing ML as I remember how dreadful it was.

I hope the PES team in Japan has seen that video. This is what we should be getting out of the box.

I have posted it on two of the PES facebook comments about next years games.

The turf is one the most baffling parts to new versions of PES. People can see just how easy it is to produce and import much better turfs into the game and it makes a massive diffence to the look of the game, yet some stadiums have had the same tired looking turfs for years.

What, as in another patch? I really hope not, I'm really loving patch 1.03 at the moment, I don't wanna download anything to screw it up.

If it's as good going from 1.02 to 1.03 im all for it :BOP:

edit: Your right about not being able to go back to 1.03, think it's best waiting for others to try it then.

Last edited:
I'd save the current update onto an external hard drive but I can't on 360 as you can't see the update file, unlike on PS3 :(

At least that way I could roll back to 1.03 if 1.04 isn't any good. I'm wary of this, I don't trust Konami enough to lose patch 1.03 on blind faith that they'll actually improve the game. Patch 1.02 is a case in point.

I'm still on 1.00 because the later versions have this parking the bus mentality and the reduction of shooting-freedom to cover up the goalkeeper's incompetence.

This sounds really harsh given the massive work that goes into those option files, but today I put the Daymos 360 file onto my 360, tried it, and immediately deleted it. There's nothing anyone can do, as you can't import images, so the option file makers have to draw everything using the in-game editor. They do an admirable job, but it still looks terrible. Kits and badges look incredibly pixelated and blocky.

The core gameplay seems to have been affected too, which is weird as I don't think it touches the game itself at all, but I swear my game since installing the option file, on zero speed as I normally play, suddenly runs at twice the speed, everything feels automated, it's terrible.

Option file deleted, gonna have to put up with no edited kits :(

They do look pixelated...but only up close. In game I wouldn't look at them and say Oh God I can't play this game lol. I wonder if the PS3 version looks better because you can import images?

They do look pixelated...but only up close. In game I wouldn't look at them and say Oh God I can't play this game lol. I wonder if the PS3 version looks better because you can import images?

Option files look alot better on PS3 but in gameplay cams the LOD is worse. :DOH: Also option files dont have any affect on loading but you need to copy 600 odd files on USB to the PS3 one by one lol.

Can't win either way lol. Well I might prefer spending time up front loading them up if they don't affect load times later.

Maybe Ronaldo had some extra LOD in his manbag :P

I put Daymos option file on and it looks great. Especially the Brazil kit. I will say that when selecting a team for a match that's when the badges look blocky and of course they are not in HD.

I've also gone from game speed -2 to -1 as its just that tad quicker. -2 was a bit too slow.

Personally I don't find that at all, even on wide cam the edited kits look really blocky and almost pixelated. Up close, and they are a bit of a mish mash of pixels. But by it bizarrely speeds up my gameplay is anyone's guess. I removed the files, and it's now back to normal ...

And yeah, the PS3 option files are far superior because you're importing png files with the actual real images on them, rather than having to draw them on in the PES editor, which is why the 360 ones look so blocky.

I feel a bit harsh saying they look bad, it must take him months to make and to be fair he's doing the best possible job the hardware will allow him to do, so it's a brilliant effort. But personally I'd have non-official kits etc with the xbox's graphics than edited ones that look pixelated even from a distance.

There are so many good gameplay elements in pes 2011 demo and pes 2012 demo2 that combined with the nice visuals from pes 2010 could result in a masterpiece. I really think pes 2013 could be the returno of the king.

I honestly feel that 1.03 is still way inferior to demo 2.

Lets see what 1.04 brings.

Those possession stats are a feature of the game this year. You can easily enjoy 65% possession per game on Professional, quite routinely.

But possession equalises a lot more the higher difficuty levels you go. Up on Superstar, the CPU passes it around a bit, often defends higher up the pitch, and can keep you down to 55% possession in a tough game.

PES2012 is a great edition of the series, I have no doubt whatsoever, and I'm a next-gen sceptic who always yearned for the certainty of the PS2 days.

Well, in PES2012, after many ups and downs, I believe I've found it. That thing we're all looking for? It's right under our noses.

I'm a bit disappointed that PES2013 has started getting so much attention on this forum, just at the point when PES2012 is passing into its richest period for me and many others, and when so many are just (re-)discovering it for the first time.

There's still 6 months of PES2012 to go. The time for looking forward to PES2013 is not yet here, IMO.

This.

By the way if someone has still problem with the CPU-AI scoring easy throughball-goals on top-player or superstar, the solution is to move the defensive line back.

Unfortunately the AI in PES 2012 is not clever enough to play a high defensive line and use offside-traps consistently and reliably, so it's better to put the defensive line back a little or even more than a little.

This game is the best football game ever made my a fucking mile. Hopefully xpjrx will let me expand on this if he lets me write on his blog. No patches, 15 minute matches superstar -2 0 pass assist, version 1.03 patch.

Have dropped you a PM mate. Get writing.
That video a few pages back of the Bayern goals with the modded turf and adboards looks the shit!!!
Love the new nets and the way the net tension is tighter and the ball pings back out after a firm shot.

As I mentioned a few pages back about L2 uses ... I find holding L2 as the ball aproaches with pace and pushing the LS in the direction i wish to move, gives me a smoother more transitional movement, also, 'stabs' of the L2 button when dribbling can see your player jink and take touches away from the defender (all relating to individual stats, technique, dribble accuracy, balance etc) it can be used in the same way R2 is used when dribbling but often gives a less pronounced direction change than R2 does so good for subtle movements.

Also Holding L2 whilst dribbling (without print) employs a 'close control' method where you can turn more tightly with the ball, and it shields it a little, making your player less prone tothe stumble.

I also use L2 sometime in place of the lobbed through ball (L1) modifier, to give a slightly more manual, floated chip pass into space.

Trial and error but I find L2 does wonders for my game.
After over 300+ hours of gameplay and 14 seasons of Master League, im still finding little nuances and levels of depth within PES12 that i hadnt realised. The game is soo deep and whilst not flawless it plays a truly stunning game of football. The best PES to date IMO.

If PES 13 has a tightened up ML Mode, Some new turfs, better looking nets, and they get rid of the need for super cancel, but the same gameplay as PES12, then i'll probably piss, shit and mess myself sexually through sensory overload.

Have a new Post up on PESUltra too if anyone fancies a read.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom