PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Intel pentium 4 3.0ghz
windows xp sp3
vga 1gb
ram 1,5gb
hdd 80gb
can i play pes 2012 with my computer?
Please answer me..

I think a lot of people are starting to really get to grips with the game this last month or so, which is a testament to the longevity of the game, do you think guys? !

Certainly.

Thankfully I spent over 100 hours on the demo's to gain a very good understanding of how the game works. The more depth the game has, the harder it is to just pick-up-and-play. Also, many 'old school' PES players assume they have a god given right to be able to just boot it up and be automatically good at it. That's not how it is, and nor should it be. Taking the time to learn the philosophy of every new PES is the most satisfying period in my opinion. It comes with a lot of frustration and cursing, but you take it on the chin and stick with it. You then reap the rewards and begin to see what others don't. But that is next-gen PES for me, a different animal in so many areas than old-gen. A much more simulated approach that is light years away from what we had way back when. I just switch off these days to a lot of posts on here because I simply cannot understand certain members mindsets. We read from completely different song-sheets. Although I will say, this PES took until 1.03 to become the truly amazing game it is.

Every year we see members play PES, get frustrated, sell it, and play Fifa. Within a few months, many move back and start to appreciate everything that they loved about PES. The game somehow clicks. Some obviously still stick with Fifa and that's cool. As long as your playing and enjoying your football, it matters not which philosophy you personally buy into.

Last edited:
Certainly.

Thankfully I spent over 100 hours on the demo's to gain a very good understanding of how the game works. The more depth the game has, the harder it is to just pick-up-and-play. Also, many 'old school' PES players assume they have a god given right to be able to just boot it up and be automatically good at it. That's not how it is, and nor should it be. Taking the time to learn the philosophy of every new PES is the most satisfying period in my opinion. It comes with a lot of frustration and cursing, but you take it on the chin and stick with it. You then reap the rewards and begin to see what others don't. But that is next-gen PES for me, a different animal in so many areas than old-gen. A much more simulated approach that is light years away from what we had way back when. I just switch off these days to a lot of posts on here because I simply cannot understand certain members mindsets. We read from completely different song-sheets. Although I will say, this PES took until 1.03 to become the truly amazing game it is.

Every year we see members play PES, get frustrated, sell it, and play Fifa. Within a few months, many move back and start to appreciate everything that they loved about PES. The game somehow clicks. Some obviously still stick with Fifa and that's cool. As long as your playing and enjoying your football, it matters not which philosophy you personally buy into.

Pes will always be my footie game of choice (with flaws or without) but i play with Chimps ps3 patch and it's a very good patch. I've never really given 1.03 a go - is the gameplay that good - similar to the demos in any way? I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Pes will always be my footie game of choice (with flaws or without) but i play with Chimps ps3 patch and it's a very good patch. I've never really given 1.03 a go - is the gameplay that good - similar to the demos in any way? I'd be interested in your thoughts.

Patch 1.03 without any Stat tweaks is by far the best experience I have had with any football game, ever. Very well balanced on Professional level, 15 minutes games and Zero Assistance. I use the GTM World option file as well.

Last edited:
Patch 1.03 without any Stat tweaks is by far the best experience I have had with any football game, ever. Very well balanced on Professional level, 15 minutes games and Zero Assistance. I use the GTM World option file as well.

Thanks, is the GTM World option file for the ps3 as i've not come across that one - doesn't it override patch 1.03 though?

I put a tenner each way on Seabass in the National, he just came in 3rd. So near yet so far, got him at 18-1 as well........

I'm gonna do a ML with either Ajax or Marseille, so if I choose the latter then I can't be arsed with all the copying and pasting of option files as their leagues are fully licenced. I just wanna get on with playing it. But there are times when I really wish I had a good gaming PC though, I saw someone's video today of his PC version running Arsenal v Chelsea in a night match, and it looked fantastic. High res, far nicer lighting, puts the console versions to shame. Wish I had one! :(

No i don't, i'll probably stick with Chimps work. I'll probably end up the pc version and patching that. Cheers anyhow.

I have just released a game play file the PC which works PESEDIT patch and the game play tools from Jenkey, Nesa and Yair.

I have been trying to get a decent video of the game play for it, but its tricky using my phone

I put a tenner each way on Seabass in the National, he just came in 3rd. So near yet so far, got him at 18-1 as well........

I put a fiver on at 20/1 to be first during the week but if i knew the jockey was going to be a woman i wouldnt of bothered that's just throwing money away although to be fair she done well. On a plus point i never knew Horse Racing could be so exciting i was screaming at the TV for the 2nd half of the race.

Well I sold the game back in November way before patch 1.03 was released, and I'm not sure Konami even advertise using R2 to tackle - don't their tutorial videos tell you to use R2 + X to jockey then release R2 to move in for a tackle using X? This method barely even works. I tried using R2 only to put a tackle in and it works wonders. Really strange Konami don't tell people this because it's led to a lot of people being frustrated!

Yeah that's the way i was defending and pretty sure that's how Konami tell you to defend. I do find though that the results are pretty similar but with R2 defo having the edge.

Konami really need to address the balance of attack & defend as right now it's far easier to attack which for me it should be easier to defend.

Looks really good. I'm very tempted by a PC now, aside from lots of other games, PES2012 looks so much nicer. I doubt I'd change the gameplay as I'm really enjoying the game as it is, but having custom camera angles, far better graphics and customisation is really tempting.

I'm gonna do a ML with either Ajax or Marseille, so if I choose the latter then I can't be arsed with all the copying and pasting of option files as their leagues are fully licenced. I just wanna get on with playing it. But there are times when I really wish I had a good gaming PC though, I saw someone's video today of his PC version running Arsenal v Chelsea in a night match, and it looked fantastic. High res, far nicer lighting, puts the console versions to shame. Wish I had one! :(

You don't need to spend mega bucks on a gaming PC to get pes to run well. A decent CPU and a card like an AMD 6850 or a Nvidia 460 gtx will get you 60fps at 1080p. Also ddr3 ram is pretty cheap at the moment as well so no need to skimp on that.

I agree with you about the superior graphics of the PC. My brother has a PS3 and playing pes on that is like watching a slide show in comparison to my PC.

Really starting to appreciate work horses in teams more and more this year. Almost every day I'm finding something new out in both a tactical sense and player individuality sense. Lucas for example, is probably my most important player in the Liverpool team. His positional play and work rate enables Gerrard to sit in front of a midfield triangle and break play up. Also the importance of that/or those midfield players who sit and do nothing spectacular is absolutely key in my philosophy. They are so important. I also have my defensive tactics down to a tee now, and this is another area where I really think the player has to sit down and work out, and nail for themselves. For example, I play a 4-5-1 system sometimes and 4-4-1-1 system at others. It's important to know what your gameplan is in terms of where you want to 'start your defence' against the CPU. This is an area, where if the player is erratic or non-disciplined, can exploit fully with dribbles and passing triangles.

Learning where your defensive line is, incorporating the right amount of pressure slider and formation goes a long way to getting enjoyment out of the game. My philosophy is such that I employ a defensive line of 14 for example, and reasonable pressure of 12. I am willing for my lone striker to cut off passing lanes high up the pitch, but once the ball breaks from their defence I am willing to concede ground. I then decide where I start my defensive technique, which is primarily from around 30-35 yards out. It's a fine line, for me at least, it's about getting as fast to the opposition player as possible within a reasonable distance to make the CPU think again about dribbling, but once I'm there it's a patient defensive approach, looking for runners off the ball and being particularly aware of the 1-2. I rinse and repeat this over and over until I am well versed in how my team operates.

Getting to know your team seems one of those throwaway cheap lines, but this year of all years, I feel it paramount that you know every players strengths and weaknesses to fit into your tactical scheme.

One can only judge when PES2013 comes out of the box.

I sincerely hope that they don't tinker with the demo in response to casual players frustrations as they have done in 2011/2012.

The demo's were excellent, the actual game a little bit of a let down.

Personally as in all sport's sims I've tried to play I want an accurate simulation or as close to one as is possible.

In that requirement, there must be scope for the casual gamer to have their own preferred settings.

AI still need's improving in terms of defence and attack and tailored to a team's abilities represented by it's individuals and capable of operating only to those levels. It's a bit like the nonsense in F1 2011 when you can drive a Williams to first place race after race. One does not want to see lesser sides play like the top teams.

That does not mean they cannot upset the odds with clever tactics or a determined performance. Something which PES5/6 captured well.

Animations are not that bad aside from the goalkeepers. Not only do they need to be improved the goalkeepers intelligence and range of attributes need looking at.

Can they not mo-cap some top class keepers ? In game content with a modding community PES has is not a problem as such but the stadium editor needs more additions.

It would be nice if there were more ready built stadia or the option to purchase these through DLC. More slots for national anthems although 32 is fine for the largest tournament of all and more slots in general for editing.

Dynamic weather would be a nice addition but the subtleties of football need better representation. Konami should ignore those people who complain of missed passes, poor first control and get rid of those obtuse angle passes which simply do not occur in the real game.

More immersive stadium elements could be arguing over free kicks and the shoe shuffles that associate with it.

And a less scripted commentary. Have the prospective commentators ad lib more.

When will PC games go to PC-BR ? You can fit far more data and more and more people have BR in their PC.

One can only judge when PES2013 comes out of the box.

I sincerely hope that they don't tinker with the demo in response to casual players frustrations as they have done in 2011/2012.

The demo's were excellent, the actual game a little bit of a let down.

Personally as in all sport's sims I've tried to play I want an accurate simulation or as close to one as is possible.

In that requirement, there must be scope for the casual gamer to have their own preferred settings.

AI still need's improving in terms of defence and attack and tailored to a team's abilities represented by it's individuals and capable of operating only to those levels. It's a bit like the nonsense in F1 2011 when you can drive a Williams to first place race after race. One does not want to see lesser sides play like the top teams.

That does not mean they cannot upset the odds with clever tactics or a determined performance. Something which PES5/6 captured well.

Animations are not that bad aside from the goalkeepers. Not only do they need to be improved the goalkeepers intelligence and range of attributes need looking at.

Can they not mo-cap some top class keepers ? In game content with a modding community PES has is not a problem as such but the stadium editor needs more additions.

It would be nice if there were more ready built stadia or the option to purchase these through DLC. More slots for national anthems although 32 is fine for the largest tournament of all and more slots in general for editing.

Dynamic weather would be a nice addition but the subtleties of football need better representation. Konami should ignore those people who complain of missed passes, poor first control and get rid of those obtuse angle passes which simply do not occur in the real game.

More immersive stadium elements could be arguing over free kicks and the shoe shuffles that associate with it.

And a less scripted commentary. Have the prospective commentators ad lib more.

When will PC games go to PC-BR ? You can fit far more data and more and more people have BR in their PC.

What's this they changed the game from the demo's due to feedback from casual players? I've never heard that before do you have a source? I have always been under the impression the Demo's were far easier to play than the full game., Infact after 2 weeks playing Demo 2 i could win on Top player no problems at all...really struggle to score in top player with the final game and really struggle to stop the CPU scoring.

1.03 is much superior to the demos, in near enough every respect. The absence of individuality in those preliminary codes was fucking atrocious.

You don't need to spend mega bucks on a gaming PC to get pes to run well. A decent CPU and a card like an AMD 6850 or a Nvidia 460 gtx will get you 60fps at 1080p. Also ddr3 ram is pretty cheap at the moment as well so no need to skimp on that.

I agree with you about the superior graphics of the PC. My brother has a PS3 and playing pes on that is like watching a slide show in comparison to my PC.

my 5850 ati is more than enough for it for stable full hd 60fps
pes is easy on the hardware side, its sensible to the software/windows side
u need to tweak some things to get it smooth as silk

Looks really good. I'm very tempted by a PC now, aside from lots of other games, PES2012 looks so much nicer. I doubt I'd change the gameplay as I'm really enjoying the game as it is, but having custom camera angles, far better graphics and customisation is really tempting.

The turfs and add boards make a massive difference to what the game looks like. I think konami would do well to introduce the ability to import them into the ps3 and xbox versions and not lock any of the default stadiums to editing.

What's more, defensive individuality is completely lost, since even if you have Maldini as defender against Moscardelli, he still can dribble Maldini so easily...

Many defensive cards have been removed, every defender is in danger when CPU decides to go through your players, there is no difference at all between defending with top class defenders or with an average defender. Tell me, where is our dear Pes individuality? Where is the balance between attacking and defence?

Those are extreme exaggerations. There ARE noticeable stat differences between defenders, and the defensive system is nuanced, flexible and sophisticated once you get to grips with it. The training tutorial doesn't give you the full picture and cannot solely be relied upon.

Top defenders have a greater likelihood of winning tackles with a higher success rate and better tracking and blocking, as I've found in my MLO team when I'm playing with De Jong/Mvilla/Toulalan shielding my back four or Kompany/Gallas/Gamberini repelling dangerous forwards. But that's a greater likelihood as I mentioned not a foolproof one, as even they, Maldini and co. are not perfect. And it's true, just like in real life even attacking players on hot form have an annoyingly greater chance of nicking the ball off you when they have their tails up.

I agree with the removal of the defensive cards that helped to add further strengths to some defenders, I'd like them back along with the judicious removal of some attacking cards like the unnecessary and overpowered speed merchant card.

Compared to PES 2011 you can tell there is more of an attacking focus, just like there was from PES5 to PES 6, but, it is not COMPLETELY unbalanced. They've still given us a flexible system for defending that can help to balance out the attacking.

With all due respect it seems you haven't yet mastered the defensive system to a decent degree if it seems this troublesome for you.

There are a few tutorials on this site and others that give greater understanding and more depth to the ways you can use the defensive system to your advantage, if you haven't already found it out yourself.

Last edited:
What's this they changed the game from the demo's due to feedback from casual players? I've never heard that before do you have a source? I have always been under the impression the Demo's were far easier to play than the full game., Infact after 2 weeks playing Demo 2 i could win on Top player no problems at all...really struggle to score in top player with the final game and really struggle to stop the CPU scoring.

demo less scripting, thats why its easier
demo more free, full game scriptfest gal0re

u can call this a fact, just look through all the gameplay patch threads

Every video game is a script fest. How else do you write games? ;)

same lame(lami?) excuse if someone is writing about this issue, boring..
u know how i(and others) mean it, stop this crap
off course there are scrips, i mean cheat scripts, overdone way too strong "momentum", call it however u want..

in a way u disrespect people like yair and others with such statements, think about it..

Back
Top Bottom