PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Observation about playing off-the-ball defence:

If you're playing positional, off-the-ball defence with the two sticks and cursor switching, you may have noticed the effect the player you are controlling has on other players in your defensive unit. This can be problemmatic when inadvertant but also useful when intentional.

So, for example, if I am in control of my LMF and I drop him down into my defensive left wing to try and double up (with my SB)on the CPU ball-carrier, I notice that, at times, my SB will feel "displaced" from the zone. I think he feels that if I fill the zone on the defensive wing with my LMF and track a ball-carrier, that he should vacate the zone because he is not needed. Sometimes, when I had hoped to double-team, the effort is lost because the SB leaves unless I press square to force him to join the player I am controlling (but I don't like to press the buttons on defense). However, this can also be useful. If my LMF has high defensive attributes I can find success in my defensive wing and allow my SB to drift into the box to defend the near post cross or to drift to the edge of the box to defend a late-arriving CMF for a long-shot. Very useful (but totally ineffective if you try this with a WF as his defensive attributes won't be high enough, he will likely get beaten, and then your SB will have to rush to your aid, if available.)

On the problem side, I've noticed that if you are in control of your SB and are tracking a run or whatever and your drift inside such that you cross beyond the near CB, your CB will often vacate his position and drift into the defensive wing. Inadvertantly, you have forced your CB out of position (because he is trying to "cover" the zone vacated the SB you are controlling). This leaves you very, very vulnerable. The CPU is too smart and you will get killed. Although it seems nice that the CB covers the vacated wing, you end up with your SB trying to defend straight up in the box.

This displacement seems to happen more subtly when you are defending with midfielders and you move into another team-mates "zone", though I have found that my SB will displace if I track a run into the defensive wing using a midfielder. As I said, this can be very useful because it pushes the now-extra man (in the zone) into another zone as an extra man. In fact, when the CPU is barrelling down the wing, I try my best to track that run with a SMF to allow my SB to attend to other duties.

Of course all of this requires that you have Pressure on a reasonable level and not some insanely high number where everyone is running everywhere all the time.

I don't know if that made sense.

Caveat: at times I find myself by chance controlling one of my forwards in the defensive zone. So I might be controlling an second striker or attacking midfielder (in a formation with a single CF) in my defensive zone. At the moment it seems like a reasonable idea because I now have an extra man on defense and my odds increase. But if you might have read my previous post on the necessary failures of parking the bus, this is hardly ever a good idea. The CPU is just too good at times. So yes, I might regain possession on defense but when I turn to play out I have almost no options. I can probably get the ball to my other forward, but then they have no where to go. You've got to have the opportunity to give and go beyond the circle. I can't tell you how many times I've felt a glow of pride having won the ball in the defensive end with a forward and then been dispossessed in a matter of seconds somewhere around the center circle. In short, leave your forwards to pick their noses...

Last edited:
I can't tell you how many times I've felt a glow of pride having won the ball in the defensive end with a forward and then been dispossessed in a matter of seconds somewhere around the center circle. In short, leave your forwards to pick their noses...

This is a problem in real life football. Teams that defend deep with everyone behind the ball, unless their transition is very quick, they can turn the ball over quickly because they just don't have the support going forward. Sometimes leaving them up at the halfway line is a good strategy but it depends on how your tactics are set up. Hopefully you don't have too many times where everyone of your players is behind the ball.

The rest of your post makes sense. I think I posted some similar observations recently and it's how I used to defend on previous FIFA games. Try not to double team and leave gaps exposed, just switch players sparingly and cover the space and passing lanes.

Performing some tweaks upon Chimps work at the moment - specifically giving every player in the game the side-step dribble Index Card and making 75 for dribble accuracy the minimum for all players. Most are there or there abouts anyway so it isn't drastic a change-up. This is all in a bid to smooth out some rough edges (side-step abomination!) and make the game that little more fluid and responsive while not compromising on overall individuality and balance.

Generally happy with my results thus far but there was one instance of side-step mayhem which surfaced and has been saved. We have all seen it before but I am on a personal crusade now!!

If you're playing positional, off-the-ball defence with the two sticks and cursor switching, you may have noticed the effect the player you are controlling has on other players in your defensive unit. This can be problemmatic when inadvertant but also useful when intentional.

So, for example, if I am in control of my LMF and I drop him down into my defensive left wing to try and double up (with my SB)on the CPU ball-carrier, I notice that, at times, my SB will feel "displaced" from the zone. I think he feels that if I fill the zone on the defensive wing with my LMF and track a ball-carrier, that he should vacate the zone because he is not needed. Sometimes, when I had hoped to double-team, the effort is lost because the SB leaves unless I press square to force him to join the player I am controlling (but I don't like to press the buttons on defense). However, this can also be useful. If my LMF has high defensive attributes I can find success in my defensive wing and allow my SB to drift into the box to defend the near post cross or to drift to the edge of the box to defend a late-arriving CMF for a long-shot. Very useful (but totally ineffective if you try this with a WF as his defensive attributes won't be high enough, he will likely get beaten, and then your SB will have to rush to your aid, if available.)

On the problem side, I've noticed that if you are in control of your SB and are tracking a run or whatever and your drift inside such that you cross beyond the near CB, your CB will often vacate his position and drift into the defensive wing. Inadvertantly, you have forced your CB out of position (because he is trying to "cover" the zone vacated the SB you are controlling). This leaves you very, very vulnerable. The CPU is too smart and you will get killed. Although it seems nice that the CB covers the vacated wing, you end up with your SB trying to defend straight up in the box.

This displacement seems to happen more subtly when you are defending with midfielders and you move into another team-mates "zone", though I have found that my SB will displace if I track a run into the defensive wing using a midfielder. As I said, this can be very useful because it pushes the now-extra man (in the zone) into another zone as an extra man. In fact, when the CPU is barrelling down the wing, I try my best to track that run with a SMF to allow my SB to attend to other duties.

Of course all of this requires that you have Pressure on a reasonable level and not some insanely high number where everyone is running everywhere all the time.

I don't know if that made sense.

Caveat: at times I find myself by chance controlling one of my forwards in the defensive zone. So I might be controlling an second striker or attacking midfielder (in a formation with a single CF) in my defensive zone. At the moment it seems like a reasonable idea because I now have an extra man on defense and my odds increase. But if you might have read my previous post on the necessary failures of parking the bus, this is hardly ever a good idea. The CPU is just too good at times. So yes, I might regain possession on defense but when I turn to play out I have almost no options. I can probably get the ball to my other forward, but then they have no where to go. You've got to have the opportunity to give and go beyond the circle. I can't tell you how many times I've felt a glow of pride having won the ball in the defensive end with a forward and then been dispossessed in a matter of seconds somewhere around the center circle. In short, leave your forwards to pick their noses...

Some very interesting points and observations regards ''off-ball D'' It has me wonder that with it being a viable and effective way in which to play the defensive game, if Konami should therefore implement some kind of visual indicators to aid the player when performing defensive duties. Of course, you should able to switch such indicators off but even then - so long as they do not clutter the screen and are transparent in design - having them on wouldn't be a bad thing. Maybe even giving the user the ability to select how transparent/opaque such on-screen help presents itself for defence or even offensive play could be considered. It works very well in...you guessed it...NBA2K12.

Performing some tweaks upon Chimps work at the moment - specifically giving every player in the game the side-step dribble Index Card and making 75 for dribble accuracy the minimum for all players. Most are there or there abouts anyway so it isn't drastic a change-up. This is all in a bid to smooth out some rough edges (side-step abomination!) and make the game that little more fluid and responsive while not compromising on overall individuality and balance.

Generally happy with my results thus far but there was one instance of side-step mayhem which surfaced and has been saved. We have all seen it before but I am on a personal crusade now!!

How fluid they move is a mix of a few stats and oddly having some higher and having the wrong ratio of them, can make their movement un-natural.

How a player turns is down to response, dribbling speed, dribbling accuracy and explosive power.

I played around with these for literally hundreds of hours as they are the hardest things to get right and they changed with every konami patch.

If you give a player response of 79, dribbling speed 79 and explosive power at 84 and speed in the lower 80's they will look realistic and be good at dribbling.(I used stats based of this for a lot of best attacking midfielders) Where as someone with these all set to 82 will not seem very good at dribbling, yet will have higher dribbling stats.

I found that for slow players using a higher response say about 82 - 85 works well, especially for forwards. This was they are still able to turn and look fluid.

If you combine high (all in the mid 80's) dribbling speed, explosive power, response and top speed you will get player that moves possibly too well and unabalances the game and can look un-natural.

If you want forwards to stay ahead of slow defenders, I found that they need a top speed of at least 83-84 and then increase that for faster players. Same with wingers.

The annoying thing this year was that in 1.02 players with response below 80 and decent dribbling, would knock the ball one way and then turn, which looked amazing and looked like best wingers do in real life. In 1.03 they removed this, which having just finished editing a lor of players to do this, really pissed me off. However, they also did something where players with high response didnt seem floaty or skate around, which was more of a problem.

Try experimenting with different ratios in response, dribbling speed, explosive power and top speed. Try - 78, 81,83, 85 and then try 83, 78, 84, 85 and see the difference in how they turn.

How fluid they move is a mix of a few stats and oddly having some higher and having the wrong ratio of them, can make their movement un-natural.

How a player turns is down to response, dribbling speed, dribbling accuracy and explosive power.

I played around with these for literally hundreds of hours as they are the hardest things to get right and they changed with every konami patch.

If you give a player response of 79, dribbling speed 79 and explosive power at 84 and speed in the lower 80's they will look realistic and be good at dribbling.(I used stats based of this for a lot of best attacking midfielders) Where as someone with these all set to 82 will not seem very good at dribbling, yet will have higher dribbling stats.

I found that for slow players using a higher response say about 82 - 85 works well, especially for forwards. This was they are still able to turn and look fluid.

If you combine high (all in the mid 80's) dribbling speed, explosive power, response and top speed you will get player that moves possibly too well and unabalances the game and can look un-natural.

If you want forwards to stay ahead of slow defenders, I found that they need a top speed of at least 83-84 and then increase that for faster players. Same with wingers.

The annoying thing this year was that in 1.02 players with response below 80 and decent dribbling, would knock the ball one way and then turn, which looked amazing and looked like best wingers do in real life. In 1.03 they removed this, which having just finished editing a lor of players to do this, really pissed me off. However, they also did something where players with high response didnt seem floaty or skate around, which was more of a problem.

Try experimenting with different ratios in response, dribbling speed, explosive power and top speed. Try - 78, 81,83, 85 and then try 83, 78, 84, 85 and see the difference in how they turn.

Thanks for breaking it down for me, chimps. Much appreciated.

Yeah, they really need to be getting rid of a whole stack of rubbish moves and transitions, keep the good ones and get the balance right. At the very least, give guys like yourself more tools to make it more of a grounded, enhanced simulation experience.

I'm back in business when it comes to PES :).

Got a new laptop today and it runs PES 2012 perfectly on the highest settings - still need to get a controller to enjoy it fully, but once that's sorted I'll definitely be patching up PES like the good old days :D.

Might take a look at some of the gameplay mods too, could be interesting!

Cheers guys :).

Already kitted it out with the Smoke patch (very easy to apply), taking a look at yair's now :).

The graphics really are incredible on here, so much crisper and more detailed than the 360/PS3 versions, really didn't expect such performance from a £300 laptop! Shows how quickly hardware moves on I suppose!

If it wasn't for a couple of mates of mine who love playing PES at my place or online against me, I'd just buy the game on PC...but I do need to upgrade my video card and get a widescreen monitor anyway ;)

Hmm it seems that when I boot the game up using yair's patch (2.7), the Smoke patch is not applied.
It works fine on the original pes2012.exe, but using yair's I get the default badges etc.

Shame because I quite liked the changes in the gameplay, especially the shooting. Any way around this issue?

YouTube - WE 2012 J-League DLC Video

A quick video showing the download process getting the new J-League DLC released today for WE 2012, and how it looks in-game.

Pack Boots

dp03_01_r.jpg
dp03_02_r.jpg

dp03_03_r.jpg
dp03_04_r.jpg

dp03_05_r.jpg
dp03_06_r.jpg

dp03_07_r.jpg
dp03_08_r.jpg

Balon:

dp03_15_r.jpg

Source: WENB

Nice to see you back in the house, Rob old bean. :)
Cheers :).

Silly me, all I needed to do to get yair's patch working properly was to apply kitserver to the right .exe file - I've been out of the modding scene way too long :LOL:, with PES5/6 I'd know the patching methods inside out!

For @lons_pl
:CONFUSE: Fox engine become to look really really good..
full.jpg

try to guess what is Real and what is recreated with Fox Engine...

the answer is here

The meetings with the board of directors will look amazing. And the ultimatums from the chairman of Palermo/Catania will be terrifying.

Well, if it doesn't run at full 1080p it will be no different to about 95% of current games on consoles. Titles which say 1080p on the back of the box are not saying that it is native 1080p, only that it can scale to 1080p. There is a database out there on the net that has every title made available on both PS3 and 360 and the number of native 1080p games is incredibly low in number.

As for 60fps, fair point but what we are seeing here is more proof of concept in stills as opposed to a game with characters, effects, physics and AI in place. Obviously - or perhaps not, we don't know what really awaits in the next generation - the addition of those key ingredients will impact on the end result... if those are screens from a game, which they aren't.

The really significant thing though is that the comment made (I am not saying you said it, Flawed, before I go any further) is no doubt operating under the assumption that FOX Engine is being built for current hardware. It isn't but it is.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that FOX Engine, like so many other new middleware solutions, is being built with the future as it's focus and the ''scalability'' not being on what it does in the future (though of course that will be part of the plan by it's very nature) but how, or if, it scales backwards to current hardware specs.

Curdstar - After reading what you were saying about NBA 2k12, I downloaded the demo last night. I have never played any other sports games than football since the PS2.

I have to say I am impressed. The graphics are a cut above any football games. I am thinking getting the full game, do you know if there is options to remap the controller in the full version?

Well, if it doesn't run at full 1080p it will be no different to about 95% of current games on consoles. Titles which say 1080p on the back of the box are not saying that it is native 1080p, only that it can scale to 1080p. There is a database out there on the net that has every title made available on both PS3 and 360 and the number of native 1080p games is incredibly low in number.

As for 60fps, fair point but what we are seeing here is more proof of concept in stills as opposed to a game with characters, effects, physics and AI in place. Obviously - or perhaps not, we don't know what really awaits in the next generation - the addition of those key ingredients will impact on the end result... if those are screens from a game, which they aren't.

The really significant thing though is that the comment made (I am not saying you said it, Flawed, before I go any further) is no doubt operating under the assumption that FOX Engine is being built for current hardware. It isn't but it is.

I have absolutely no doubt whatsoever that FOX Engine, like so many other new middleware solutions, is being built with the future as it's focus and the ''scalability'' not being on what it does in the future (though of course that will be part of the plan by it's very nature) but how, or if, it scales backwards to current hardware specs.

This is true. To be quite honest i think people overestimate just what current consoles can do. A game like COD runs at 60fps and has to opt for a sub-HD resolution in order to cope (it is native at 600p). I have no doubt too that the fox-engine is being looked at more with the future in mind, not current console tech. No way would a company opt to create a new engine with the 1-2 years left of this gen. That's just silly. Engine development costs big bucks after all.

What games are coming out this gen that use the fox engine? I thought it was being created for nxt-gen games rather than both now and in the future.

I still expect 1080p to be the norm nxt-gen and expect sports games to be 60fps as they are now.

Last edited:
Curdstar - After reading what you were saying about NBA 2k12, I downloaded the demo last night. I have never played any other sports games than football since the PS2.

I have to say I am impressed. The graphics are a cut above any football games. I am thinking getting the full game, do you know if there is options to remap the controller in the full version?

I'll take a look the next time I am on and Pm you my findings. if you are talking about shot controls you can use square as opposed to the RS. If you are talking a complete re-map i will need to take a closer look.

All going well and you do pick it up, just wait to you see the gameplay customisation options that game has and that is even before I mention the player edit options!

What games are coming out this gen that use the fox engine? I thought it was being created for nxt-gen games rather than both now and in the future.

I still expect 1080p to be the norm nxt-gen and expect sports games to be 60fps as they are now.

Well, their might not be full-on FOX Engine branded games coming out for current systems (nothing has been confirmed as yet mind) but these engines have various components/assets, some of which could conceivably scale backwards so as they could be used for current systems.

Frostbite 2 is technically scaling backwards to allow it function on consoles, as is CryEngine 3. Both these engines are also not maxing out on current PC tech either I would wager and that can take a couple of years.

If there is one thing though about the future of tech it is that it is never that easy to read. We all pretty much know that something is happening regards new hardware but we don't know for absolute certain the distribution model, if Blu-ray makes the cut (I reckon it will, at least in the first SKU's)or how we will interact/control the games that will be served up. I remember back in the 80's when NES and Master System were on the way that mags like CVG spoke of how a simple d-pad and two button set-up with each button designated it's own commands would take some getting used to as we were all using Kempston/Atari/Quickshot joysticks in which the multiple buttons all did the same thing and were there only to cater for preference of how you held the thing in your hands. Even the Wii-U's specs have not been completely finalised along with the controller. Everything is pretty much proof of concept until they start making the things in bulk.

Well, their might not be full-on FOX Engine branded games coming out for current systems (nothing has been confirmed as yet mind) but these engines have various components/assets, some of which could conceivably scale backwards so as they could be used for current systems.

Frostbite 2 is technically scaling backwards to allow it function on consoles, as is CryEngine 3. Both these engines are also not maxing out on current PC tech either I would wager and that can take a couple of years.

This is why Konami should of had a new engine for PES 2013 rather than PES 2014! The way games are produced now (everything worked on PC and ported to console's) it makes perfect sense...Give us it now then perfect it for nxt-gen so we dont get another 2 year's of "next year". Another year with this really old engine is asking for more trouble as this will now be the 7th game this gen surly if they could of made a really top notch game with the current engine we would of had it by now.

Dice and Crytek have got it right!

Last edited:
This game gets a lot of critism.

Well I was at my bros last night and only play 2 player offline me vs him...We mustve played a good few hours and had some great games. Was plenty fun. Never had time or care to anyalse the game and all small detials but for pick up and play it was pretty cool.

I been playing fifa 12 for so long it feels different.

For me PES feels like the ball has so much more freedom its not stuck on rails. In fifa I feel like the ball is always stuck on a rail, fixed path, fixed lines. If you know what I mean, hard to explain.

But in PES the ball and shots, passes etc feel like a real ball and can go anywhere on the picth , any height, angle, spin etc.....whereas on FIFA it always feels like the ball is on a fixed path. Off course manual on FIFA makes it less like that but still something about fifa makes it feel less natural than PES, though i do consdier FIFA the better game I did have a lot of fun with Pes last night.

Well I was at my bros last night and only play 2 player offline me vs him...We mustve played a good few hours and had some great games. Was plenty fun. Never had time or care to anyalse the game and all small detials but for pick up and play it was pretty cool.

For me PES feels like the ball has so much more freedom its not stuck on rails. In fifa I feel like the ball is always stuck on a rail, fixed path, fixed lines. If you know what I mean, hard to explain.

But in PES the ball and shots, passes etc feel like a real ball and can go anywhere on the picth , any height, angle, spin etc.....whereas on FIFA it always feels like the ball is on a fixed path. Off course manual on FIFA makes it less like that but still something about fifa makes it feel less natural than PES, though i do consdier FIFA the better game I did have a lot of fun with Pes last night.

The true test is spending 3 or 4 weeks with PES.

A lot of us come on here and complain about this and that, and try and give feedback to KONAMI or even just to get it off our chests. There are some annoyances in the game.

BUT - IMO, it doesn't change the fact that when it plays like it should, it's an unbelievable game, and a true representation of football.

My main gripe with FIFA is for example is just the grid like formations it has. Everything is set in a certain way, and you move the grids from different areas of the pitch with diagonal working your way up the pitch balls. You then basically just spend a good few seconds in and around the opposition box, coming back on yourself, and eventually things open up. There is no variance in pressure with regards to the situation either a player/ball is in, so it's all very methodical and mundane. The AI is in short, quite crap.

The CPU then tries to glitch you one on one where your defensive AI team-mates stand round leaving everyone to attend their one on one battles, whilst the CPU's defensive units act intelligently and cover each other. Then once the CPU has got you on the corner of the 18 yard box, unless you have differentiated clearly acceleration and speed stats with the sliders, the CPU will out-reflex unnaturally so each and every time.

It's bland, and the programming and goals scored against you feel cheap. FIFA shines in animations, ball physics and the fact that it has working acceleration. We all know about the presentation too so no need to go into that.

PES on the other hand unravels before you. The game feels just so organic, and the ball can literally bounce everywhere and anywhere in relation to deflections, midfield scraps, aerial battles and just natural laws of physics. This is why it is difficult to 'pin down' PES on say even Superstar mode, because every game (even if it is subtle) will be different, just by virtue that the ball isn't confined ala FIFA.

I firmly believe in these areas too

1) I honestly believe that the dribbling collision system is twenty times better than the Impact Engine of FIFA's, even though it was something boasted about by EA for this year. Collisions are way finely tuned in PES.

2) A general game - in PES, 15 mins on Superstar literally anything can happen. Yesterday I had a 1-1 draw in which Lampard scored THE best goal from long distance I've ever seen. In it's context it was perfection. I scored a penalty, and there was several yellow cards, free kicks, corners, aerial battles etc etc. FIFA on the other hand is just a robust, but lifeless game.

3) The intelligence of players, pressure and defensive systems - much more advanced in PES, you can't JUST simply go from A-B-C like in FIFA, you have to work the ball around because it isn't grid like, sometimes the CPU will barely pressure in an area, and sometimes three defensive players may hunt you down.

4) Cheapness - both games can be cheap, but FIFA is by far the cheapest. PES has scripted issues like the lofted through ball-cross-headed goal in some game, but FIFA's cheapness is massive. 45/90 minute goals literally every game, CPU literally making your player run completely the opposite way, or making your players bump into each other. Sudden loss of any power/direction with passing to balance the game. Weird and strange momentum issues. Just basically the game goes nuts taking the control completely from the player. So PES can be frustrating, but FIFA I find far more.

Now, people complain about the defensive lines in PES, but people have been harping on about realism for years. Well sorry to say guys, but if you want realism then PES' defensive system is 100% accurate.

IRL, a huge,. huge majority of goals AREN'T scored from patient build up play ala Barcelona. In fact, I'll bet you rarely see a goal after prolonged possession with any normal team. The reason - it's just too difficult to execute. Remember Chelsea v Arsenal at the start of the season where both teams chose to play a high line..it ended up 65-64 or something!

Most goals are scored either from set-plays, counter attacks, or defensive errors. Also, these days, how many times do you see the team with the most possession lose the game, or even the better team lose the game?!? Look at this weekend for example. Liverpool dominated Arsenal in both possession and attack pressure, yet Arsenal scored twice with two long ball one passes. Look at Spurs today, it was all Spurs first half, and Man Utd are cruising.

You HAVE TO HAVE VARIETY if you want to be successful on PES. Mix the game up, short passes, long cross field passes, keep possession amongst your back four, play deeper to teams with counter attack to draw them onto you etc etc. Most people I would think play PES in one way, and that is pass, pass, pass going forward, and playing lots of people up the gameplan screen. Then the pitch gets gridlocked with all the players and players complain about low defensive lines, the game being samey etc etc.

I tend to have a few golden rules when I play PES -

1) If you are going to have a spell of possession make sure it's a really long one, I mean keep hold of the ball, keep hold, keep hold some more, and then some more. Eventually a gap may come.

2) On the counter look to attack with blistering pace; if you can't get up the pitch in three passes say, then the game will slow down and the CPU will have time to counter your threat.

3) Play plenty of long balls and early balls, especially down the flanks. This breaks the game up, catches the CPU out, and gives you good field position.

4) Play laterally, be comfortable going from side to side, working the CPU across the pitch.

5) Set your tactics accordingly. If the game is getting congsetd and you want more space than have good long passers in the team and have people running away from the ball in the tactics setup. If you want to play a Barcelona type game then have good technicians in midfield with people coming toward the ball carrier. Remember when you commit your men forward (especially your middle two CM's) in an attack then if the move breaks down then obviously the CPU will counter quickly and directly.

The fact is overall, I really love PES this year. I am probably overly critical in some areas, but I recently had a go on the PS3 again over the weekend, and even that is ten times better than FIFA just because it gets what football is all about. So whether it's the PC version or PS3, PES at its best this year is a really complex deep game. It's also a wonderful reality checker. I have played this game non-stop since the demo's and I still haven't found one fool proof way of winning. I outplayed Shalke tactically in a glorious Europa League Quarter Final leg 2-0, then came down to earth with a pump against a physically dominate Stoke who battered my CB's (in hindsight I should have played Coates to nullify the aerial threat).

But that's what PES gives me, constant thoughts and thinking about tactics, players, playing styles etc. In FIFA, I really couldn't give a shit, as it just doesn't matter. For example, in PES when Stevie G gets it and in space, it's shooting time, and when Adam gets anything on his left it's shot time too. When Downing is on the wing one on one, it's take on time. The game is just so wonderfully contextual, that I don't think FIFA can replicate the subtleties of it. I also fall in love with players on PES. I promoted this kid Schmizu (sp) for Liverpool, and he's a little pygmy. But I love him, he gets brushed off the ball easily, he's tiny, but I just love him, he has determination, he's feisty, he's lightening quick in defending space for me, and always is eager to take his man on. It's this kind of thing that I just don't feel with FIFA, however nice it looks.

I can confirm that what is "say" @pes4lyfe ! If you play FIFA a long time,with all this FIFA's arcade gameplay, shots, passes, bugs and bla bla bla... and then you start to play some PES2012, the taste is really nice and you start to be surprised by how Konam have managed to recreate real football, real football experience with the game. Yeah players looks more like cartoons and animation are.. strange, but it's feel like a football , FIFA miss that part. But then if you start to play more games , vs CPU, you again start to see the problems and things that are done wrong and again you give up and returns to online mode of FIFA and so .... vicious circle in which there is no winner.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom