PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I can't play anything other than Superstar, for me it offers the perfect challenge. Played two games last night, lost 1-0 and then drew 0-0. Can never get the kind of buzz of the game in any other lower levels. So I go Superstar as a base, and then look to make the make realistic from there using whatever gameplay patch comes out. I tried PS3 again last night and when my player failed to stop a twenty yard through ball which let in a Persie goal, it was console off time again. I just hate this game on the console.

I play on Top Player and don't notice any scripting. Teams will regularly spurn easy chances, miss place passes, make mistakes.

Went to buy PES 12 again on 360 and because there is so little of them in circulation i couldnt get a copy, Went to 2 different Game stores, HMV and Tesco, Not a single brand new or pre owned copy in any of them.

only thing that sucks about this game... you have to be sober to play it...
played sat night, drank beers all night.. lost2, tied 2, won i think one or two... played yesterday(sober), went undefeated in three straight wins...

Went to buy PES 12 again on 360 and because there is so little of them in circulation i couldnt get a copy, Went to 2 different Game stores, HMV and Tesco, Not a single brand new or pre owned copy in any of them.

Buying on the high street is a rip off. It'll be the end of HMV. A new copy from Amazon delivered to your door is cheaper than a pre-owned copy in the city.

Man, that re-mapping of R2 and L2 works wonders. it will take some time to rid the muscle memory I have of the old scheme but so far, so good...apart from that bloody side-step animation which to be fair i find myself being able to snap out of easier. Still, it HAS to go as it is currently; it's horrific.

EDIT : Well, that was easily the best game of PES2012 I have had. Finished 2-2 AET with both teams second goals coming in extra time. I was River plate against the CPU's Metalist Kharkiv

Top player, 15min match length and -2 gamespeed using Chimps tweaked file(essential in my opinion) but the biggest game changer of all and without doubt the root of my enjoyment was re-map of R2 to L2 and L2 to R1. Now Super Cancel has been re-mapped to simply holding down both triggers it has completely opened the game up for me. My second goal was down entirely to Super Cancel being mapped in a more intuitive fashion than the default setting; a simple goal which was no more than a through ball across the deck during a quick counter but with Super Cancel now being so easy to do I was able to make that vital adjustment to make the run (perfectly timed) so decisive. I would go as far to say it is the most satisfying goal I have scored in the game yet, despite it's relative simplicity.

Going to post an editorial on this on WENB and will be sure to thank ern dog and the others who have recommended this change up.

Last edited:
Man, that re-mapping of R2 and L2 works wonders. it will take some time to rid the muscle memory I have of the old scheme but so far, so good...apart from that bloody side-step animation which to be fair i find myself being able to snap out of easier. Still, it HAS to go as it is currently; it's horrific.

EDIT : Well, that was easily the best game of PES2012 I have had. Finished 2-2 AET with both teams second goals coming in extra time. I was River plate against the CPU's Metalist Kharkiv

Top player, 15min match length and -2 gamespeed using Chimps tweaked file(essential in my opinion) but the biggest game changer of all and without doubt the root of my enjoyment was re-map of R2 to L2 and L2 to R1. Now Super Cancel has been re-mapped to simply holding down both triggers it has completely opened the game up for me. My second goal was down entirely to Super Cancel being mapped in a more intuitive fashion than the default setting; a simple goal which was no more than a through ball across the deck during a quick counter but with Super Cancel now being so easy to do I was able to make that vital adjustment to make the run (perfectly timed) so decisive. I would go as far to say it is the most satisfying goal I have scored in the game yet, despite it's relative simplicity.

Going to post an editorial on this on WENB and will be sure to thank ern dog and the others who have recommended this change up.

I played against River Plate last night in the master league cup game and was held 2-2 in an excellent game with both teams scoring in injury time before beating them on pens.

Use of super cancel is essential with through balls, especially lofted ones and a decent player receiving the ball makes a difference too. It's all about timing.

Apart from the ludicrous scripting at times and some silly flaws I actually think pes 2012 is underrated, love the game the more I play it iv'e had some amazing battles with the AI on superstar. The depth of this game tactically is incredible.

Apart from the ludicrous scripting at times and some silly flaws I actually think pes 2012 is underrated, love the game the more I play it iv'e had some amazing battles with the AI on superstar. The depth of this game tactically is incredible.
Totally agree, i play on top player level 0-1 assistance and i have to say i am enjoying offline and online games. Haven't played pes6 for months and i never thought i'd say that.

Posted a new editorial on WENB front page and just wanted to say thanks to those of you in here who inspired it. Thanks to ern dog for the re-map advice and others for their input.

Maybe it's not the right topic to ask, but just a quick question: which PES do you guys prefer, 2011 or 2012, and why?

Last edited:
Maybe it's not the right topic to ask, but just a quick question: what PES do you guys prefer, 2011 or 2012, and why?

I played pes 2011 to death and loved it, offline ML was immense loved the feel of the players and the diffencre in agility took me a while to appreciate it but for me it was a superb football sim.

Up until a few weeks ago I would place 2011 and 12 on a par but now 2012 edges it for these reasons...

- Semi assisted cursor switch and Right stick options provide less frustration than 2011's erratic system.

- Player individuality is just as good as 2011 but with better response times. This felt disconcerting at first as I was happy with the way it was in 11 but its more in line with real football.

- Shooting has more variation

- AI more dynamic tactically on superstar and if you force it to be creative its on another level to top player AI in 2011. Rush in and lose position and it will just take the piss out of you. At times however the game can be infuriating with its handicap/rubberband/scripting what ever the fuck you wanna call it, 2011 was just as bad in the scripting area though.

- 2012 feels more polished aesthetically, feels more finished than 2011

- Manual passing with left trigger more responsive, 95% of the time the animation perfectly matches what you intended.

- Defensive system more about positioning and more team based than 2011

- Active AI although a gimmicky fifesque name really builds on what PES 2011 started.

I prefer aspects of 2011(manual crossing, no pathetic cut scenes etc) but 2012 has grown on me by the day.

Minutes before finishing with watching National Geographic - Megafactories - EA Sports FIFA 12. I'm astounded by brainwashing in this episod and how many false things were said just to be shown EA Sports and in particular the FIFA 12 best and most perfect game and how "other games " are bad. I know it's PR, it's advertising policy, but this is looks really funny for a man who really knows how things are and remain truly mass audience ripped through abluden only that FIFA is the most proper solution for each football fan who wants to play football game.
"We are perfect ,first , only and the best " This is triggering all the time, but this is not true .

Last edited:
Minutes before finishing with watching National Geographic - Megafactories - EA Sports FIFA 12. I'm astounded by brainwashing in this episod and how many false things were said just to be shown EA Sports and in particular the FIFA 12 best and most perfect game and how "other games " are bad. I know it's PR, it's advertising policy, but this is looks really funny for a man who really knows how things are and remain truly mass audience ripped through abluden only that FIFA is the most proper solution for each football fan who wants to play football game.
"We are perfect ,first , only and the best " This is triggering all the time, but this is not true .

Yea it was funny looking this on National Geographic. The best game ever. What a bullshit.

Not sure why you's keep posting money songs, do you honestly think EA need to pay an obscure TV channel to say their game is good to create sales?

It's not a reason. Game is something deeper than money. You have got it? Game + huge money doesn't mean best game ever. Game have to have soul. Money can give you only high tech but not soul. Today most of people look only for money, advert,fashion and this kid of shit. Fifteen years ago i played brillant games with soul on Amiga without propaganda shit of money, money and money.

Last edited:
It's not a reason. Game is something deeper than money. You have got it? Game + huge money doesn't mean best game ever. Game have to have soul. Money can give you only high tech but not soul. Today most of people look only for money, advert,fashion and this kid of shit. Fifteen years ago i played with brillant game,soul on Amiga without propaganda shit with money, money and money.

Many people think Fifa 12 is the best game ever, it's just an opinion as the best game ever is down to choice there is no definitive answer.

Of course many people think that FIFA 12 is the best game ever because these days money in industry means "THE BEST!" It's bullshit. I'm old Amiga,Atari,Psx gamer and for me word "best" has different meaning.
Fifa12 may be the best football game uptodate not because of money as you think but because there's no another good football game on the market and EA are making good progress with their game (despite being slow steps but the market made them lazy)
Until new footy games step in the market ,I can't see there will be a true competition to EA (Tech and gameplay wise ) As konami proved through 6 years !!! that they don't have a clue about introducing a new tech into their game.
Let alone the drastic change Konami makes between an acceptable demo to a poor highly scripted retail version.
That's my opinion ;)

It's not a reason. Game is something deeper than money. You have got it? Game + huge money doesn't mean best game ever. Game have to have soul. Money can give you only high tech but not soul. Today most of people look only for money, advert,fashion and this kid of shit. Fifteen years ago i played brillant games with soul on Amiga without propaganda shit of money, money and money.

So true!

So the next data pack is going to be released on Tuesday. Apart from transfers, the extra content is going to be 8 new boots, the new Finale ball and kit updates for Spain, Germany and Japan.

A bit underwhelming really.

Of course many people think that FIFA 12 is the best game ever because these days money in industry means "THE BEST!" It's bullshit. I'm old Amiga,Atari,Psx gamer and for me word "best" has different meaning.

Surly best means what game you like the best due to how it plays? People that like Fifa or PES think its their best game not because of how much EA or Konami put into the game money wise but how it plays.

Of course your going to get old school die hards like yourself who swear by Sensi or Kick Off 2 on the Amiga and dont get me wrong i loved those games back then and they were the best games around at the time but both PES and Fifa surpass those football games from yesteryears gone by.

No point getting wound up to be honest. It's not as if we are being fed complete misinformation, FOX news style, here. The fact of the matter is that the FIFA franchise is a success story.

however, there are reasons we stick around to play and comment on PES, even when it isn't at it's absolute best - we want it to be the best or better because FIFA isn't doing something right for us (and a couple of million more at least) and while FIFA proves as successful as it is, I wouldn't expect them to change things that much. FIFA12 is a very, very good representation of football as it is on the tele and it makes for a great videogame experience. They don't and I reckon won't, ever aspire to me much more than looking the part. Sure, they will bring new features and technical advancements into the mix but if they made a full-on, demanding football sim that tried to capture that balance of purity and complexity that professional football is to play, they would drop sales and very quick. Most of the gaming populace are not like me and you, they want to get home from school, college or work and stick a game on that will instantly gratify them.

I'm not saying FIFA is an entirely simple game but it is one that prioritises instant gratification over deeper tactical play. This is why I know PES or A.N. other will always be around because as much as there may not be the same amount of hardcore players who want a football videogame experience that has or aspires to have a different outlook on the beautiful game, there is an audience who do want that experience and it is not a small audience at that...it just isn't as big of an audience as FIFA's.

Who knows, maybe an independent film/doc will be released that pitches PES as the Steve Wiebe of the tale to FIFA's Billy Mitchell :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom