PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Ok, but I wonder if we will be able to use for example the Samsung’s 3D up conversion technology to up convert regular 2D PES12 content into 3D. It wouldn't be proper 3D gaming but those stadiums would still look f'ing amazing :D

Couldn't they just switch to Fifa buttons before the match?

He did the next match and lost 3-0 He was Man City, i was Rubin Kazan :LOL:

To be honest i'm pretty sure you can't get significantly better at Fifa the more you play it, which is pretty weird for a computer game to say the least. You get to a certain level in Fifa really quickly and then you never get any worse or any better. It's an odd phenomenon. It's probably why we can all go back to Fifa and if we were beating everybody before then we go back to that as soon as remember the buttons. Everybody i know who plays Fifa just stays at the same level and always has done regardless of play time.

It's probably why so many people enjoy it too, because you can master it to your level (i.e the level you're capable of and will always be at therefore) within about 3 games.

100% agree. this is bang on. I tell you, this is one thing with FIFA weather it's arcadey or simulation like which needs a big change. Even though it's a good video game, they don't even need to sort out all the unrealistic aspects but ONE thing which needs looking into is the general gameplay balance and depth.

When you play against someone else who 'knows' FIFA. You could play 5-6 games against him and have the same 1-1, 2-1 results all the time. Whoever wins is lucky and just edges it. The games are so tight. Because the game balance is not good at all. In fact it's poor even in terms of a video game. Because of the scripted shooting, poor passing, and all the skilled dribbling etc.. which gets you nowhere against someone who pressures u like mad!

Also unless your a skill monkey. Everyone who 'know's' fifa plays exactly the same way! Because of the terrible imbalance to lofted through balls, crosses and 45 degree shots which are scripted go in. The problem i believe is too little things are super effective and many things are totally in effective against players who 'know' FIFA. This has always been a issue in FIFA but especially now in FIFA 11 we see it at it's worse. 09 was quite bad for this, 10 I'd say less so and the world cup game.

One thing i do hope is that this contain gimmick helps the balance so you actually get 'good' at the game and improve rather than get to a certain level and just stay there because of awful game balance.

That's creative man. I dig.

Ok, but I wonder if we will be able to use for example the Samsung’s 3D up conversion technology to up convert regular 2D PES12 content into 3D. It wouldn't be proper 3D gaming but those stadiums would still look f'ing amazing :D

Even though it would look fantastic, but I'd rather they use whatever extra resources they'd use for 3D on things that are more important now. Once they're done with all the footballing matters then they can add all the fluff they like.

Last edited:
Even though it would look fantastic, but I'd rather they use whatever extra resources they'd use for 3D on things that are more important now. Once they're done with all the footballing matters then they can add all the fluff they like.

3D untucked shirts and nets. That's all I care about. :P

I am very happy with the gameplay-improvements. How long did the game suffer from lack of running players off the ball? Seems we get it now :)
Also the better player-switching is great. I always have problems in defence because of wrong selected players...

And the player switch on set pieces, specially goalkicks, for how long have people requested that? Since PS1 days... People should praise it more imo, I can't wait to try it and see what chances can I create from being able to move players around on set pieces.

But that's what I said, the King existed because everything else was pure crap when compared. :))

Let's be fair, the PS2 winning eleven games were sublime in their own right, playable and addictive right until the next release, few games had that sort of playability and depth, let alone sports games.

And the player switch on set pieces, specially goalkicks, for how long have people requested that? Since PS1 days... People should praise it more imo, I can't wait to try it and see what chances can I create from being able to move players around on set pieces.

This is the aspect I'm most worried about, my nightmare scenario is a sure fire was to get a header everytime from a corner, that would be a gamebreaking bug, especially online.

People will start figuring it out very quickly, then the game would degenarete into long hopeful passes and shots with the sole aim to get a corner thus giving you a point blank header everytime, defenders should still get a huge advantage.

This is the aspect I'm most worried about, my nightmare scenario is a sure fire was to get a header everytime from a corner, that would be a gamebreaking bug, especially online.

People will start figuring it out very quickly, then the game would degenarete into long hopeful passes and shots with the sole aim to get a corner thus giving you a point blank header everytime, defenders should still get a huge advantage.

I really do hope you can control a player to mark the runner. I said it on the Fifa forum recently but clearing a ball away from defence is much much much easier than the attacker scoring. I hope there's a learning curve for both learning how to defend and attack in this scenario effectively though, albeit still making it easier for a defender to defend as long as long as both people are at the same level of skill in each seperate area.

The more I play PES 2011 the more I enjoy it, can't fucking wait for 2012 just hope konami don't change to much from 2011, especially the passing with LT modifier which is perfect, hopefully the pass support wont mess with this to much.

Despite some illogical and pes rage inducing flaws I thought the gameplay of pes 2011 was criminally underrated and misunderstood, I hope konami stick to their vision and don't listen to the mainstream as I for one love pes 2011 on a par with my other favourite pes 5.

I also can't wait for the day we have a fully working manual player switch.

The more I play PES 2011 the more I enjoy it, can't fucking wait for 2012 just hope konami don't change to much from 2011, especially the passing with LT modifier which is perfect, hopefully the pass support wont mess with this to much.

Despite some illogical and pes rage inducing flaws I thought the gameplay of pes 2011 was criminally underrated and misunderstood, I hope konami stick to their vision and don't listen to the mainstream as I for one love pes 2011 on a par with my other favourite pes 5.

I also can't wait for the day we have a fully working manual player switch.

Well, you'll no longer need to use the modifier.

What do you mean with fully working manual player switching?

Well, you'll no longer need to use the modifier.

What do you mean with fully working manual player switching?

A manual cursor change that works(more responsive, selects the right player etc) and doesn't overide your input.
The current manual(unassisted) cursor change is fucked although semi assisted isn't to bad.

Last edited:
[/B]

A manual cursor that works(more responsive, selects the right player etc) and doesn't overide your input.
The current manual cursor change is fucked although assisted isn't to bad.

Normal cursor changing (L1) is supposed to be 100% fixed, plus you can now select the players with the right stick (pointing towards them, just like in FIFA).

Normal cursor changing (L1) is supposed to be 100% fixed, plus you can now select the players with the right stick (pointing towards them, just like in FIFA).

Yeh heard about that in the podcast I think, good news. I can live without right stick switching I just hope L1 switching is responsive and as polished as the system was last gen.

At times the cursor change(semi assisted) limits your freedom especially when performing manual cross or manual pass so hopefully they have it nailed this year.

You believe than this pes 2012 are similar at pes6 but with graphic next gen and good physics?

no, but that's a good thing. PES 6 wasn't good. I say some of the FIFA games such as world cup 2010 was better even. I mean PES 5 was awesome, the ones before very good. But PES 6 no. It was dubbed down, Too much about sprinting. AI was weird at times. it was in a way the same old shit.

no, but that's a good thing. PES 6 wasn't good. I say some of the FIFA games such as world cup 2010 was better even. I mean PES 5 was awesome, the ones before very good. But PES 6 no. It was dubbed down, Too much about sprinting. AI was weird at times. it was in a way the same old shit.

Well it wasn't PES5 but it surely isn't THAT bad? I did enjoy it until I got the 360 version, which I did enjoy as well.

It's not that bad. It's an exaggeration. It was still a very good game, it just wasn't as well balanced as 5.

Hey My fellow South African. PES2011 looks amazing in Full HD 3D the conversion the Samsung panels make is surprisingly good. It's very distracting though as you tend to look at too much lol.

If we get PES6-esque gameplay with updated graphics, I'll be sticking with 2011!

In order, the PES series for me (ones I've played);

PES 2011 > PES5 > PES3 > PES4 > PES6 > PES 2010 > PES 2009 > PES 2008.

Yes, but I think PES 2012 will be at the left part of that list, according to what we have heared, read and seen. Looks like Konami has put the highest priority on the gameplay...

Well it wasn't PES5 but it surely isn't THAT bad? I did enjoy it until I got the 360 version, which I did enjoy as well.

It wasn't shit, but it was overrated,
bit like FIFA 09 in many ways. The PC/PS2 version still had the classic pes formula but wasn't a classic game!

enjoyed PES 5 a lot more, prefer PES 2 and 3 also compared to PES 6.

I see PES 6 as a disappointment really but it was so overrated and people liked all the sprinting etc.. konami when down the wrong route.. badly!

the xbox 360 version was pretty horrendous though. Me and northzzz can vouch for that :)

Back
Top Bottom