PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

PES 2010 was the same big shit like PES 2008 and PES 2009. Only graphics in particular lighting was brillant. Of course pace was slower than in PES 2008/2009 but gameplay was crap. PES 2011 is a first decent next gen game. I quess PES 2012 will be strong like PES 5 was on PS2.

My feeling almost...

Pes 2011 is great and impressive to some extente, but not polished as it should be. Although, Pes 2011 is the beginning of a new era for pes's series, there's clearly a HUGE pontential on it after a sequence of crap games, and now pes 2012 has all the ingredients to be the best ever.

So i see very similarity between what we have now with pes 2011 compared to what we had at the beginning of the last gen with Winning ELeven 7 or pes3.

Pes 2011 = We7
Pes 2012 = We9

Mark my words.

Last edited:
Just a lil' reminder,

Discuss PES all you want without getting personal, because its silly and adds nothing here.

Anymore indirect/direct insults and posts will be deleted and warnings given ;) Please respect everyone here and take your personal issues elsewhere.

Regards,

197.gif

Don't get me wrong. Pes 2011 overall is easily more realistic than we7, but its not as enjoyable as we7 because it's not well polished as the games from last gen use to be, it's far from it actually.

A polishe and tweaked version of pes 2011 is probably enough to be the best ever and definetly the most realistic one by a mile, but pes 2012 seems to be more than that if those first impressions are true. O_o

Yes, that's similar to what i say about PES5 still being the greatest because of impact at the time.

Most of PES 2011 advantages over PES 5 are things which are unfair to knock PES 5 for. (Dribbling, Ai etc..) I mean it still has better ball physics than PES 2011 even now.

I want to know peoples thought s on this as i want to show PES 2011 at it's very best here. This is why I'm not too worried about PES 2012 much since they have showed and promise to fix the games big pitfalls and the rest of the game is already there.

When i say the AI in this game is the best on any football game, this is what i mean. here is a video showing what the AI can do when you set them up with the tactics in the just PES thread:

video here :) :

http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2256250&postcount=267

I want to know peoples thought s on this as i want to show PES 2011 at it's very best here. This is why I'm not too worried about PES 2012 much since they have showed and promise to fix the games big pitfalls and the rest of the game is already there.

When i say the AI in this game is the best on any football game, this is what i mean. here is a video showing what the AI can do when you set them up with the tactics in the just PES thread:

Good video Klash,Barca really looked the part there. I noticed your goal was against the run of play but well taken. I love it when the AI decides to play them crossfield balls, looks very intelligent.

BTW i had to rewind to see barca's second goal, for a moment i got lost in the vibe of your soundtrack.:COOL:

But yeah this current engine is a Rolls Royce,unfortunatley so far only the Lada engineers have been tweaking it.

Yes, all the gameplay patches and formations come together and look amazing. Thing is even on the default Konami setting, as long as you set the CPU teams up properly the game still is great play :) .

Making a small video on animations they need to bring back from PES 2010. PES 2010 was robotic, very robotic. BUT some of the motion capture animations were great. I mean JUST the animations separately, not the transitions which where bad! Shame about the running and general rigidness and broken elements.

I feel that so many good animations where left out from PES 2010 to 2011, PES must of started working on PES 2011 in late 2008, early 2009 after the failure of PES 2009 and seeing just how much more advanced FIFA 09 was.

Must of taken them a long time to organize and get then new game running properly.

The same old camera angle choice over the last few year i found isnt very good..im sure on early pes maybe pes2-5 you could alter a certain camera angle for your liking....i hate the 'Broadcasting' & 'Wide' angles cos they just dont seem to be for my personal choice....'Player' is a definate no use....vert wide's good for legend mode, but for masterleague etc waste of time.....

Hopefully the beta will allow much more people in this year, it was hard to find a game last year at times.

What also didn't help was FIFA fans who hated pes signing up just to piss about and say, 'THIS GAME SUXXZZ' Or even make videos saying, THIS IS WORST GAME EVER!!!

The gave 500 keys out but apparently only 380 people actually played the game on the 360.

Wonder what the method of selection will be this year.

Last edited:
only fifa i liked was 2009 for a month PES2009/2010 i really enjoyed B.A.L mode....pes2011 i love the masterleague this time but strangely could get into B.A.L mode at all, it seemed to easy to get selected etc compared to PES09/10 version where could drop into reserves if playing poor.......................................

PES2011 is enjoyable not perfect but huge improvement, i just hope they have tweeked this version and it could be a classic:))

What also didn't help was FIFA fans who hated pes signing up just to piss about and say, 'THIS GAME SUXXZZ' Or even make videos saying, THIS IS WORST GAME EVER!!!

The gave 500 keys out but apparently only 380 people actually played the game on the 360.

I would imagine they would want more than last year to test the servers more, it was decent enough for me, played a load of games only having game spoiling lag in half a dozen games or so.

Hopefully they will give some codes to this site to distribute amongst its active posters.

It also told me how to read in german, some guy posted I was the "son of a whore" in his native tongue. :))

i dunno about the console versions of PES but the pc versions you had to sign up and create a konami ID account.

they should allocate the beta based on people who have played PES11 via from their konami ID account.

I have asked my contact if they could allocate to fan sites initially before letting it be a free for all, will see what I get back.

13:12 - 13:18 is an example of one of the recurring things that really put me off this game. Your LCB receives the ball, with Pedro not far away and about to press. You would think that your LB would just pull wide, backpedal towards the sideline to offer his teammate the easy passing angle in front of Pedro. Instead, he makes this illogical dart infield, running directly through Pedro (thereby going as far as is possible to not create a passing angle), and ends up standing in the exact same spot on the pitch as one of your midfielders already is.

It's this lack of appreciation of space, of opponents, of teammates and of the ball that shows where the AI has a great deal of improving to do, imo.

His movement irks, too. He runs forward, facing the way he's running rather than the ball, then comes screeching to a stationary halt like he's reached the edge of a cliff. When do you see footballers move this way? They vary their pace, they usually move while facing the ball, they change direction with their legs and hips. It's never so stop-start.

Was the beta code in last year only avaliable for those who signed in the official konami website ?

I got the mlo beta last year, but it was becaus someone gave me the code.

This year i want to recieve the code directly from konami, so i already signed in their official website.lol

But let's hope there is a beta demo in the first place.

13:12 - 13:18 is an example of one of the recurring things that really put me off this game. Your LCB receives the ball, with Pedro not far away and about to press. You would think that your LB would just pull wide, backpedal towards the sideline to offer his teammate the easy passing angle in front of Pedro. Instead, he makes this illogical dart infield, running directly through Pedro (thereby going as far as is possible to not create a passing angle), and ends up standing in the exact same spot on the pitch as one of your midfielders already is.

It's this lack of appreciation of space, of opponents, of teammates and of the ball that shows where the AI has a great deal of improving to do, imo.

His movement irks, too. He runs forward, facing the way he's running rather than the ball, then comes screeching to a stationary halt like he's reached the edge of a cliff. When do you see footballers move this way? They vary their pace, they usually move while facing the ball, they change direction with their legs and hips. It's never so stop-start.

My english is not very good, soi can't undesrtand perfectly all your words but i got the point, speceally when i watched the video...

I gotta say I have to agree with you. This lack of movement in de defence and midfield to open the free space close to sidelines is one of my main complanits.

But i've found a way to minimize this problem in formation settings. First you need to have lb and rb (of course:CONFUSE:) and then go to team style and set compactness to play wide (14 to 20).

But this dont fix perfectly because this is a matter of off ai off the ball movement imo. A player goind wide to the sidelines is an obvious decision to recieve the ball in a safe place.

Last edited:

anything positive? :CONFUSE:

The run wasn't bad for me, i mean it would annoy most people but it's not something set in stone with the game, it's just my settings. Didn't annoy me at all. I set my players to play pretty close together, also i stuck a pretty defensive minded player at Left back so that wasn't Fabio Coentrao btw, Coentrao would be booming down the wings! That's probably was the reason he was running in field. I mean if you look at Barca's full back all game against me constantly booming down the flanks and offering space out wide, so it's an individuality + tactics thing. I didn't mind him stopping either, i could of used him to keep possession a bit more in the middle but instead just wasted the ball out on the left :|

The game slows down the longer minutes you play. First touch matters more as you could seem the majority of attacks where patient and i wasn't really in huge rush to charge forward.

Also it was just so hard the entire game really. I'm surprised you didn't comment on the intelligent possession the Ai kept against me and because of their technique and you can't just steam in and barge them, they are so fucking hard to beat :LOL:the best i've done against them was a draw with Madrid. Mind you, that game i had 2 players sent off by the end, had to injure Messi and Villa they had 67% of possession overall. I was backs to the wall!

@ DuduBR9 nerf is right in that they do make so very annoying runs at times but in general they get the basics right. Also they can produce some very classy runs like you see Barca's equalizer how Pedro just waits on my defers blind side to wait for the pass. Although you will get many occasions when they just run offside stupidly or not bother to get forward etc.. Then again, dosen't every football game do that or am i missing something?
----------------------

Everyone here's a video requesting to bring back animations for pes 2012!

PLEASE read the text!
YouTube - PES 2012 Animtions request

Last edited:
When was the Beta out last year? Don't think I'll bother signing up, may as well wait until full release so you can appreciate it in all it's glory.

Nice vid Klash - I noticed at 4:28 there was a volley struck into the ground, I'm not sure if it's just my memory failing me but I can't remember seeing these in PES 2011.

Me and my mate used to call them "Gerrard volleys" :P I'd like to see them return!

When was the Beta out last year? Don't think I'll bother signing up, may as well wait until full release so you can appreciate it in all it's glory.

It was mid-August I think.

I'm in two minds about it too. As great as it was last year to try PES2011 early it did take some of the magic away from full release in October.

Come to think of it your right. I like that brand new sho wow feel one has. But then what about the demo?

Then again if I wasn't rainbow flicking the shit out of it Goalgerds video would never have been made LOL

Come to think of it your right. I like that brand new sho wow feel one has. But then what about the demo?

Then again if I wasn't rainbow flicking the shit out of it Goalgerds video would never have been made LOL

You should be proud, you made an impact for the better.

I'll definitely play the demo as at least it's only a couple of weeks to wait for the full game after that. Another problem with the beta last year was handing it back and not being able to play the game again for another month. That was tough.

Please someone send this to Konami. 1st touch and R2 shooting animations were very good in PES 2010, but they're not in PES2011 :RANT:

Also GK animations, one handed saves and even a save with his foot :WORSHIP:

I have put it on PES fan, will put it on PES gaming also i think!

Wow there are many good animations. Hard to say what animation looks betters.

They are very needed!

That Diego trapping animation should be used for intercepting passes too.

You're right. That was a crazy ass month and there's just no way you could've played PES2010. I mean even Jimmy G smashed his disk.

Yeah i remember that, then his backup plan of playing Pes5 bit the dust when his disc was too scratched to play.:LOL:

Wow there are many good animations. Hard to say what animation looks betters.

They are very needed!

That Diego trapping animation should be used for intercepting passes too.

I know, again, imagine how sexy PES 2011 would had been with them in :COOL: The marchisio one for me looks fantastic. PES 2012 is looking good for animations though but it would do no harm to add those ones back in!

Back
Top Bottom