PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I've only played the 360 and PS3 versions and there is no doubt the 360 version looks and plays better. Surprised to hear you thought the 360 version was better than PC.

i think perhaps jenkey and yair possibly make it harder to dribble, thus some of the individuality leeks out.. not sure.. but i had to admit the game seemend to have more individuality on 360. Now you guys have to remember, i have been saying this since 2010, you need to have a partner on your team a human, to make this game click against the cpu... shit this was even the case back in WE8.

Dear Sir/Madam

Is there some kind of hack on the XBOX360LIVE whereby your opponent drops but you get blamed for it? ie: you lose the match 3-0 and your completion percentage falls? I only ask because I tend to pwn games (0-0 mind you) only for my opposition to drop. It just happened to me after I dribbled through the whole team and got a free kick on the edge of the area. Coincidence?

It's annoying because I only play for entertainment (if I had got a chance to take the freekick I would have used my goalie and blazed it over the bar --har-har)...LOL.

Seriously, it's annoying.

A friend from ISS DAYS on the SNES. XX

Cheers!

--
FIFA = NEVER !!!

Hey Guys,

Can anyone help me with defending long through balls online please? I just started an MLO last week and and getting really frustrated with it now.

I seem to be losing every game 3-2 or 4-2 because I cannot defend long through balls. It seems like every opponent has a fast striker/winger and when they win the ball off me they are doing a long through ball, usually chipped over my defence, and either my defenders let it run straight past them without intercepting it, or the opponents player is so fast they get to the ball first and do a simple pass across goal for a tap in.

So I am losing most games despite having 60%+ possession and totally dominating.

I am close to giving up on it now. Is there anything I can do to help defend against this?

- Better defender? (My defenders current average of 70)
- Play a deeper defensive line? (i tried this but seemed to have little effect).
- Something else I am not doing which will help me defend this?

Any help with this would be great

Been trying to enjoy league mode offline on the PC, but cannot get past the amount of ridiculous changes that the cpu makes to their starting lineups. I have tried changing everyone's form to max with wild's editor, and although it helps, I still often play against teams without their stars.

Is there any way to fix this?

I've actually been using your patch yair. Great work btw! Currently on 1.6. However, the cpu still puts out weakened lineups against me with players out of their preferred positions as well. :(

With the amount of stuff wrong with the gameplay does anyone really care about the soundtrack? And cant you have a custom one anyway? You could in PES2011.

With the amount of stuff wrong with the gameplay does anyone really care about the soundtrack? And cant you have a custom one anyway? You could in PES2011.

It's an odd survey, that's for sure. Like you say, just offer custom soundtracks. Job done.

On another note, that fucking Strepsils advert in the bottom right-hand corner has just scared the shit out of me.

Konami are going survey daft they really do seem to have ran out of ideas.

Another day, another ''genuis'' post to raise a smile.

So, just to clarify :

i) You accuse Konami of only listening to certain feedback, while also dreaming up wild conspiracy theories about what motivates those who offer alleged selective feedback.

ii) Following on from the last point, you therefore suggest Konami should be listening to ''real fans'', or that they should consider a more western approach to development which can and does often come in the form of feedback surveys, be they made public or otherwise.

iii) Konami release surveys the wider community to allow further feedback and the charge now is that they have no ideas.

Sweet. Jesus.

Last edited:

So, just to clarify :

i) You accuse Konami of only listening to certain feedback, while also dreaming up wild conspiracy theories about what motivates those who offer alleged selective feedback.

ii) Following on from the last point, you therefore suggest Konami should be listening to ''real fans'', or that they should consider a more western approach to development which can and does often come in the form of feedback surveys, be they made public or otherwise.

iii) Konami release surveys the wider community to allow further feedback and the charge now is that they have no ideas.

Sweet. Jesus.

God help us if they need help selecting a soundtrack. Do they really need feedback to select a few tracks for their game? They already have custom soundtracks so why even bother asking millions of people what tracks they want in their game.

Concentrate on fixing the shit gameplay and we might finally see a decent PES again instead of wasting resources on music that most of us will either turn off or replace with our own.

Last edited:
God help us if they need help selecting a soundtrack. Do they really need feedback to select a few tracks for their game? They already have custom soundtracks so why even bother asking millions of people what tracks they want in their game.

Concentrate on fixing the shit gameplay and we might finally see a decent PES again instead of wasting resources on music that most of us will either turn off or replace with our own.

Once again, you put on a remarkable display of highlighting your complete lack of knowledge as to how games are made.

Question:

What ''resources'' are used to put music into a game and how do these resources directly impact on development in other areas?

I know the answer and I am sure many, many others also know the answer but instead of giving you the facts I want to know what resources you think are utilised to get music into a game.

This should prove rather amusing, especially the part where you try to tie it all in with development in other areas.

@Jamezinho - Sensi Soccer, or specifically SWOS, proved to be the PES5/6/ Wii version of it's time for me. Even though there was better hardware available and even though there was better tech being used, PS1 footy games in the early days were not quite what I hoped for, thus I found myself setting up the Amiga more than I would have liked to get a footy fix I found satisfying. Then ISS pro came along in 97. ISS Deluxe was good before then, but SWOS was still dependable.

Last edited:
Alternative, alternative and alternative. With a little bit of dance thrown in. I don't like to bracket music and hated filling in this survey. However, if Konami decide to release more in order to obtain feedback I would be more than happy to oblige.
If they don't put Shine on You Crazy Diamond, live at The Empire Pool 1974 in 2013 then they have lost another long time customer :TTTH:.

Alternative, alternative and alternative. With a little bit of dance thrown in. I don't like to bracket music and hated filling in this survey. However, if Konami decide to release more in order to obtain feedback I would be more than happy to oblige.
If they don't put Shine on You Crazy Diamond, live at The Empire Pool 1974 in 2013 then they have lost another long time customer :TTTH:.

Said it many times but I want a preposterously epic score to be layered over PES. They already have the CL stuff, some of which borders on Lord of the Rings scales of epic. Mix that up with thematically appropriate stuff in other modes and it least it would distance itself from trying to be cool n' trendy like FIFA.

They already nod to existing franchises in the Konami stable, so why not borrow some of the music featured in those games. Castlevania : LoS has some stupidly epic music which, tweaked ever so slightly or remixed, could be awesome in PES.

I'm thinking...

MAIN PES THEME :

YouTube - Castlevania Lords of Shadow OST : The Hunting Path

TACTICS/FORMATION SCREEN :

YouTube - Castlevania Lords of Shadow Music - Belmont's Theme

:D

Who cares if it is ultimately absurd. I am not saying use these exact tracks in the form they are in these links, but something that is really quite absurd, love/hate would be quite charming. Compliment this with the elevator music of old; bring it back home with a twist. As genuis says, folk put their own music in anyway so why not?

Last edited:
LOL, I played SWOS to death, what a game! Couldn't you progress through to manage anyone in the world, like England from Liverpool for example?!? Brilliant stuff.

Yes, my move from managing Brighton & Hove Albion to taking on the Tirol Innsbruck job raised eyebrows at the time, but I had a lovely few seasons in Austria.

@ Alan - epic, anthemic classical scores would do it for me. I love the Champions League theme in PES. It gets me in the mood for the occasion. More of that style of music would set PES apart from the hip and trendy global pop found in Fifa, which I find incredibly dull and lacking context to the game.

So, just to clarify :

Sweet. Jesus.

the feedback form Konami released to a bigger audience is a good idea, however the timing of the feedback being released is awful. it takes a couple of years at least to get a high end product on the HD consoles and PC so why couldnt they have been smart enough to do this far earlier than now? PES 2013 is out in a few months. It's not good enough.

You know what I would of done? Via a properly run official website I would have a open survey refreshed every so often and put a couple of people in charge to keep on collating this feedback and giving it to the team, on going wider audience feedback with marketing promoting the site and the feedback form to gaming websites,twitter and facebook. On going widespread access to tell the team your opinion on the series, not 8 or so months before release in 2012 for a series that has needed a dramatic kick up the backside for a long time,not just now.

I feel like I have been posting the same post every two weeks since the release of PES 2012 but I actually really feel this time that I have found a way to truly enjoy the game. After a couple of BAL seasons I went back to regular league, Prof. level with Liverpool. The BAL playing seems to have increased my skills in regular play as I am getting much better results now. It still requires an immense amount of concentration as just a split second of my thoughts straying off the action on the pitch and the CPU will have a big punishment in store.

The amount of work you need to put into this game is huge, but when it finally clicks it's all worth it.

At least that's how it looks like right now.

Last edited:
Once again, you put on a remarkable display of highlighting your complete lack of knowledge as to how games are made.

Question:

What ''resources'' are used to put music into a game and how do these resources directly impact on development in other areas?

I know the answer and I am sure many, many others also know the answer but instead of giving you the facts I want to know what resources you think are utilised to get music into a game.

This should prove rather amusing, especially the part where you try to tie it all in with development in other areas.

@Jamezinho - Sensi Soccer, or specifically SWOS, proved to be the PES5/6/ Wii version of it's time for me. Even though there was better hardware available and even though there was better tech being used, PS1 footy games in the early days were not quite what I hoped for, thus I found myself setting up the Amiga more than I would have liked to get a footy fix I found satisfying. Then ISS pro came along in 97. ISS Deluxe was good before then, but SWOS was still dependable.

You think licensing music tracks is free? Put that money into the gameplay department as it is them that need the most help not the sound department. Asking millions upon millions of people what music track they want in the game is pointless.

I feel like I have been posting the same post every two weeks since the release of PES 2012 but I actually really feel this time that I have found a way to truly enjoy the game. After a couple of BAL seasons I went back to regular league, Prof. level with Liverpool. The BAL playing seems to have increased my skills in regular play as I am getting much better results now. It still requires an immense amount of concentration as just a split second of my thoughts straying off the action on the pitch and the CPU will have a big punishment in store.

The amount of work you need to put into this game is huge, but when it finally clicks it's all worth it.

At least that's how it looks like right now.

Spot on. It's just a shame it flys over so many peoples heads. This game has so much depth it's staggering. And any game worth it's salt, and with any true depth, isnt one that can be picked up immediately. It takes time, alot of time. In fact, this is the most complex PES by a country mile. And my article will break it down technically, and in huge depth.

Last edited:
You think licensing music tracks is free? Put that money into the gameplay department as it is them that need the most help not the sound department. Asking millions upon millions of people what music track they want in the game is pointless.

As I suspected, you don't have a clue what resources are used to put licensed music into a videogame.

Licensed tracks are not something that the ''sound department'' handle.

Last edited:
Spot on. It's just a shame it flys over so many peoples heads. This game has so much depth it's staggering. And any game worth it's salt, and with any true depth, isnt one that can be picked up immediately. It takes time, alot of time. In fact, this is the most complex PES by a country mile. And my article will break it down technically, and in huge depth.

One thing I'm noting as an improvement on 2011 is how varied gameplay is. I'm not talking about differences between opponents, although I feel them a lot more now than for the first few... months of playing. What I mean is how the game doesn't allow me to "settle in" for a tactic that gives me advantage every time. Once I had the ball at my players' feet in 2011, I usually had a good idea where I which my options were to advance in the attack. In PES 2012, I have to scan the pitch alot more and rethink things with every pass.

One thing I'm noting as an improvement on 2011 is how varied gameplay is. I'm not talking about differences between opponents, although I feel them a lot more now than for the first few... months of playing. What I mean is how the game doesn't allow me to "settle in" for a tactic that gives me advantage every time. Once I had the ball at my players' feet in 2011, I usually had a good idea where I which my options were to advance in the attack. In PES 2012, I have to scan the pitch alot more and rethink things with every pass.

Exactly.

People complain about how tight it is at the back, when really, that's exactly how it should be. You have to be able to retain possession and hold the ball until options appear. Or make your own options, triggering runs to use or not use. All this has a huge effect on how the CPU around you react. The patience required is very realistic, it isnt about getting from A to B via the shortest route or quickest time, because that will just lead you smack bang into a brick wall. Unless you have an abvious counter and/or a break in numbers.

This game forces you to re-think how you need to play the game to get the most success, there are no gimmes. The CPU is ultra-organised, reactive and tight within each unit. You need intelligence and skill to break them down, and that's what a lot of people find hard. The game doesnt reward you for trying to take the quickest route possible, it rewards patience and options. The matches that are playing out for me in ML feel truly incredible. I have to earn everything with Boro, and it's no coincidence that when I play well, my team plays well. There are so many subtle touches of brilliance at every avenue and every skill-set or technique, and those have to be used to make the difference. R2 is an amazing button, that does more than people realise.

It truly is a masterpiece this game in my opinion, there is nothing that you cannot do. I have some amazing videos to upload once I've written this article.

Last edited:
The beauty of the Blimp Camera is it shows just how brilliant this Active A.I is, you can see the movement all over the pitch. It shows so much more when you jog with the ball instead of sprinting, also, getting your foot on the ball, coming back on yourself and having a look up for available options. There are plenty there if you look. Switching play from one side of the pitch to the other is very important. The CPU will defend in units, and it gets tighter once you get into the final third. Dragging play to one side of the pitch before switching with passes along the deck or in the air will find you all the space you need to get in around the back.

Patience, that's the keyword this year.

The game does defend in units but their positioning isn't realistic. No team sits so deep that it creates an empty void in midfield where you can easily step into, yet this is commonplace in PES. And as I keep saying, active AI or not, if the CPU plays in an identical fashion regardless of the teams playing then something's wrong. I see no realism in Barcelona playing in an identical fashion to Wigan, both sitting deep and hitting you on the counter.

The other problem stems from pressuring. The CPU sprints around the packed defensive areas at full speed, non stop, for 90 minutes with no stamina effects at all. Again, completely unrealistic.

I appreciate the patience and skill needed to break down the AI in PES2012 and as a videogame, does provide a challenge, but the way the CPU sets out to play is totally unrealistic.

Back
Top Bottom