PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I tweeted that to Jon Murphy with a video while the demo's were out. I think they've left it in there because it's trying to simulate a player under pressure clearing the ball. Problem is, 90% of the time it looks totally out of place lol

This is the first time to post here. I just wanted to say that I beleive this game, PES2012, is the best football game ever, and nothing should be compared to it! All you need to discover the amazing depth of this game is real football's mind and some patience.

For a while I thought you were talking about a different game, but then I was confused by your inopportune opion about this preeminent game! I may suggest you have some torubles of understanding the influnce and the effect of even the slightest touch of the different buttons. What you can acheive out of this game is beyond our most of imaginations. If you don't like this game, please try to re-relate to the game different technics and keys. If you failed to do so please discard this game without looking back; it is not for you!

I think Konami is way far from others, that even its gamers have no idea about the work accomplished!

:CONFUSE:

Last edited:
pes 2012 is a gpu game apparently i have set the atistropic and antialising to 16X the highest ever for a pes game and guess what it's running how it should on 0 speed and top player, i just had a friendly with austria playing as brazil and won 3-0 on top player

:BOP:

my final verdict of the game and i mean final is 8.5

very playable but could have been better with simplicity

This is the first time to post here. I just wanted to say that I beleive this game, PES2012, is the best football game ever, and nothing should be compared to it! All you need to discover the amazing depth of this game is real football's mind and some patience.

For a while I thought you were talking about a different game, but then I was confused by your inopportune opion about this preeminent game! I may suggest you have some torubles of understanding the influnce and the effect of even the slightest touch of the different buttons. What you can acheive out of this game is beyond our most of imaginations. If you don't like this game, please try to re-relate to the game different technics and keys. If you failed to do so please discard this game without looking back; it is not for you!

I think Konami is way far from others, that even its gamers have no idea about the work accomplished!

A wind up, surely!?!?!?! :CONFUSE:

PES's defensive AI is more compact and more intelligent than FIFA's. When it works that is. So not half the time unfortunately.

What I noticed on PES 2012 (I'm using semi-assisted settings by the way) is that quite often the AI controlled player will try closing down the ball carrier. So if you try moving the player under your control towards the ball carrier, you can end up dragging your team out of shape because there's two of your players going for the ball and no one marking the guy who's about to receive the pass.

I've found it quite good to use the highlighted player to close down the next pass or close down space and let the AI take care of the ball carrier. If he's too far away I'll use 2nd press to move him closer and/or tackle.

I started doing this on FIFA World Cup/FIFA 11 and it worked well there also. I didn't realise until recently that it was so effective on PES also. Of course, you want to press the ball carrier yourself when the AI is too far or they're near your penalty box :P

Anyone else noticed that?? I also noticed that player runs occur more if you hold the ball briefly instead of passing it forward quickly. It's like the guy in front of you realises he's not going to get the ball there and then makes a dash forward.

The thing with R2 is it's timiming and influence is such a significant factor and the effect it has on player behaviour varies. It can be used in every aspect of the game, whether taking a first touch, threading an accurate pass between two defenders. The timing and duration of use change what players do in every single facette of the game. Pressing R2 after shooting, while the power guage is on results in a controlled shot. If you hold it in before, but release it as he shoots, the player side foot it. If you hold it in from before you shoot till after the shot is away, the player composes himself and uses good technique but removes little power. The same timing mechanism is applied to R1, and other actions. If Konami had to produce a manual for all this it would probably be as thick as telephone directory. The game is too deep, and the price factor deem it an unfeasible exercise.

This +1000

I get bored of people talking shit about a game they don't even try to understand or deeply know. I've playing Winning Eleven series since Ps1 days, and there are things that are far beyond the tips in the manual. The whole thing you could do in PS2 is still there, plus the new ones. To me, despite the fails here and there, PES2012 is an amazing piece of football gaming, and the best one I ever dreamed.

haha..pes 2012..d best game ever(if u think the AI 'cheats' or is too difficult, lower the difficulty level)

Although a little simplified, you ARE right!

The constant bitching this year about this and that is just total bullshit. From the demo's, I was getting my ass handed to me every game by Napoli. So guess what I did? Practised like fk!

I make no bones about my efforts as I fully deserve the rewards for persevering with the game. I've gone through the difficulty levels and can play at Superstar level (or TP whichever) and get something out of it. Defending is such an art form. I use everything manually so I'm in control all the time of the teams shape, I don't use ANY pressure buttons, just the manual run around, position, and jockey hold. But you still get people coming on here saying 'oh, that's how you defend; after FINALLY having the penny dropped that you just can't tackle and pressure every player constantly!

I agree. Just in the last few days I've had a couple of spankings from the AI where they've played great football and won, not some kind of cheating glitch. and the defending...well suffice to say that 90% of the online games I've played result in me getting fouled almost every time someone tries to get the ball of me, whereas I'll concede not even a quarter of the fouls. My conclusion - too many people don't know how to use the defending buttons. But they'll have you believe it's just the superhuman dribbling from the AI that sucks.

Dear angry people, put the guns down! Forget about winning or losing and go for training mode for some time. Play with the different buttons and try to understand the distant effect of each one regarding passining, moving, dribbling, shooting, clearing, and receiving the ball. Skills plus timing plus situation would creat thrilling amount of real football moves and wild entertaining that you might not experince anywhere else!
If you fail to reach such level after sometime or you can't enjoy the outcome then go for boxing or some thing fits you better. This game is for pure, skilled footballers.

:APPLAUD:

Either Jimmy has a new account he uses when he's drunk or his semi-literate twin brother has joined the forum.

:P

I did indeed PJ, but as he has since posted even more praising comments, im assuming he does genuinely enjoy the game alot.

haha the wave icon was in no way intended as any nkind of sarcastic gesture, but thanks for waving back :)

I´m a PES player but this year for the first time in years, I bought FIFA 12 for PC. I write here because it seems to be an active thread so you can give me your point of view. The fact is that FIFA 12 has amazing graphics.... or not.... so thats the problem, good presentation, graphics but PES 2012 has something I like... Scoring a goal in FIFA 12 seems more satisfying... or not... I mean, lost of doubts after deciding what game to buy this year and finally choose FIFA 12 for PC. The point is, should I give up FIFA 12 and play PES 2012? Why? Reviews are clear in favour of FIFA 12 but...... PES 2012 has the same menu structure as PES 2011 but.... Better gameplay? FIFA 12 players seem for me like if they were saketing on ice.... But.... individual movements are better... or not....
So many "but..." eh? What do I gain playing PES 2012? What do I loose not playing FIFA 12?
Sorry if you don´t like this but I would like your feedback about it.
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

I´m a PES player but this year for the first time in years, I bought FIFA 12 for PC. I write here because it seems to be an active thread so you can give me your point of view. The fact is that FIFA 12 has amazing graphics.... or not.... so thats the problem, good presentation, graphics but PES 2012 has something I like... Scoring a goal in FIFA 12 seems more satisfying... or not... I mean, lost of doubts after deciding what game to buy this year and finally choose FIFA 12 for PC. The point is, should I give up FIFA 12 and play PES 2012? Why? Reviews are clear in favour of FIFA 12 but...... PES 2012 has the same menu structure as PES 2011 but.... Better gameplay? FIFA 12 players seem for me like if they were saketing on ice.... But.... individual movements are better... or not....
So many "but..." eh? What do I gain playing PES 2012? What do I loose not playing FIFA 12?
Sorry if you don´t like this but I would like your feedback about it.
THANKS IN ADVANCE.

I see where you coming from...or not.

Fifa is the all round better game but lacks a bit of fun that you can get from the PES series.

I did indeed PJ, but as he has since posted even more praising comments, im assuming he does genuinely enjoy the game alot.

haha the wave icon was in no way intended as any nkind of sarcastic gesture, but thanks for waving back :)

I still think he's at the wind up to be honest but either way my comment was only a wee joke.

I always think the wave is only ever used because there's no "middle finger" emoticon but I'm glad you didn't mean it that way. :P

Juliovodoo: You should rent PES 2012 to give it a try, then you can make your own mind up. Asking an entire forum for their opinion will only confuse you further.

I always think the wave is only ever used because there's no "middle finger" emoticon but I'm glad you didn't mean it that way. :P

No mate, definitely wasnt a middle finger substitute, I enjoy the banter here and a the difference of opinions, but never take anything personally, after all, its only a game ;-)

Thanks for your answers. I already have PES 2012, a friend of mine lend me the game, and that´s why I´m confused now, believing tha FIFA 12 was the best but as FLAW3DGENIUS said, it seems a little more enjoyable than FIFA 12, but I don´t know if this is due to the fresh air of a new game or it´s just a fun and a better game.
I´ve always wanted to play THE BEST GAME every year, (that´s clearly FIFA 12 by the reviews) but i´ve never taken care of reviews (but players reviews) and player reviews says it´s good enough even better than FIFA 12 in AI and gameplay and even graphics with the appropiate patches (turf, kits...) Champions league... Uefa league... Real faces...

Fifa 12 is clearly the better football game, unfortunately it isn't perfect, some things regarding momentum and inertia are lacking and the singleplayer-AI is a bit predictable, but compared to PES 2012 it is miles better in most regards.

I have already decried the awful ballphysics, the shooting, the animation... in PES 2012, as well as the incredible cheating going on, the many rails limiting you... but there is more wrong:

Team styles and card-system are messing with the game on top of the mess created by the inferior engine. Besides a brandnew "revolutionary" engine, PES 2013 needs to get rid of all these styles and cards and get back to basic, a system based on stats only.

Back
Top Bottom