PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

ifpik6.jpg

if u follow the link u posted , u will simply find that this video is posted using jenkey's gameplay patch with tweaked shooting power to maximum
so the fact is this is NOT the default konami gameplay but it's a modded gameplay with a gameplay patch .

wvbll0.jpg

it's like playing fifa and setting all the sliders to maximum then posting a video showing a faulty gameplay

some console gamers may not be familiar with word "gameplay patch" and other editing work on pc , but we basically pes editors on the pc editing section so we know things like this by heart.

i could post hundreds of videos from fifa goal compilations where van der sar scores from a free kick to show how arcady fifa is but i didn't do that

Last edited:
I hope that is not directed at me, as I was simply asking a question.
sorry if i misunderstood.
but this place becomes all of a sudden like an official EA forum
i even think that fifa is much more criticized in it's own official forum that it's currently being here.

I'm with you Makky, this version is very much like the PES 5's of this world. What I mean by that is it takes an awful long time to even begin to delve into the games depth and see it's inner beauty. I absolutely love this game, and it is, on Zero Assistance, the most compelling and simulated version of PES ever.

It is a million miles away from the pick-up-and-play arcade feel of the likes of PES 6. The problem is, in my opinion, it's too deep for the average gamer. I truly believe that. It's ridicously under-rated. Also, I've never played a PES game where the CPU Ai gives me more of a challenge than a human. I rarely play online now, and that's testament to the games amazing offline experience.

When I read that 'the game is shit', 'Konami have fucked up' blah blah blah, I'm literally gobsmacked. :CONFUSE:

first of all i remember you've been saying how deep this game was since beta 1. now you say it takes a long time to delve into it? how did you know that at the start then? player individuality is at its best my arse. this game has less pronounced player individuality than fifa, which on its own is a lifetime achievement!!

seriously though, you pull a lot of 'adam from wenb' from time to time. i have seen you contradict yourself on a vast number of occasions, like when the new patches come you suddenly start saying 'this and that' were shit previously but now they are fixed but when you comment on the state of the game before the patches or installmanets, it is always as if everything is perfect and apparently us mortals don't understand football like apparently mr professor of football who plays football games all day and hasnt touched a real football for about eternity does.

first of all i remember you've been saying how deep this game was since beta 1. now you say it takes a long time to delve into it? how did you know that at the start then? player individuality is at its best my arse. this game has less pronounced player individuality than fifa, which on its own is a lifetime achievement!!

seriously though, you pull a lot of 'adam from wenb' from time to time. i have seen you contradict yourself on a vast number of occasions, like when the new patches come you suddenly start saying 'this and that' were shit previously but now they are fixed but when you comment on the state of the game before the patches or installmanets, it is always as if everything is perfect and apparently us mortals don't understand football like apparently mr professor of football who plays football games all day and hasnt touched a real football for about eternity does.

Complete and absolute garbage! No way in hell is fifa more pronounced on player individuality. PES2012 by far has improved on this aspect. If you playing a left footer on the right you see the consequence of it. If your striker is right footed his stats, body position and other factors dictate how successfully he will strike the shot. As far as I am concerned this comment just highlights your lack of understanding of the game.

There are things I get annoyed with on PES2012 but it isn't the garbage you lot make it out to be.

Seriously evo-web what has become of you.

Complete and absolute garbage! No way in hell is fifa more pronounced on player individuality. PES2012 by far has improved on this aspect. If you playing a left footer on the right you see the consequence of it. If your striker is right footed his stats, body position and other factors dictate how successfully he will strike the shot. As far as I am concerned this comment just highlights your lack of understanding of the game.

Here we go another.....players like Messi, Pique & Rooney and the majority of other professional players all play Fifa these days after switching from PES due to it being a better representation of football.....Are you saying you understand football better than these guys? Jimmy so far seems to be the only one that considers himself to understand football better than Messi and co so are you the second?

It's not mandatory to like every single instalment of PES because your a member of the site.

Last edited:
Here we go another.....players like Messi, Pique & Rooney and the majority of other professional players all play Fifa these days after switching from PES due to it being a better representation of football.....Are you saying you understand football better than these guys? Jimmy so far seems to be the only one that considers himself to understand football better than Messi and co so are you the second?

It's not mandatory to like every single instalment of PES because your a member of the site.
I would love to play you a game online. Zero pass assistance.
Unfortunately you would probably say 'I'm not on the same platform as you' and miss out on a very competitive match.
Even Pes4lyfe had the courage to back up his own convictions and play a few games online. He was a very good opponent too. @Jamezinho. Ok the negativity on this thread won't damage the franchise but it is damaging the reputation of this site. Flawed, put your money where your mouth is.

Last edited:
I would love to play you game online. Zero pass assistance.
Unfortunately you would probably say 'I'm not on the same platform as you' and miss out on a very competitive match.
Even Pes4lyfe had the courage to back up his own convictions and play a few games online. He was a very good opponent too. @Jamezinho. Ok the negativity on this thread won't damage the franchise but it is damaging the reputation of this site. Flawed, put your money where your mouth is.

I think you have me wrong im not saying im pure amazing at the game infact i play very little of it now, im just baffled how people say the reason why people dont like PES or they play Fifa is due to them not understanding the game of football....i mean c'mon try tell Messi he has no clue about football lol, but sure we can hook up for a game if you want. PS3 - Jiehaaaa23 (not just now though been drinking since 7)

Last edited:

Oh please you have been here since release and bitched and moaned incessantly and yes I do believe that is all you are here to do. What you doing is beyomnd stating an opinion it is trolling. Hell you didnt even take a break over christmas. EA phoned the cheque is in the mail.

Messi was qouted as saying he is done with games in general and recently signed a mega deal with EA. Rooney/ ronaldinho/ Kaka etc, etc has always been a EA cover stars this is the second time you have brought up this rubbish. They are endorsed you numbskull.

You should change your username to flawed logic cause there isnt much genius residing there mate.

Also highlight the line where I say that he lacks football understanding. I said he lacks PES understanding

Its also not mandatory to troll for 50 odd pages.

Last edited:
At one point in time alot of these posts would have angered me, now I genuinely just laugh at the blatant ignorance displayed by so many posters, whom, in my opinion, wouldnt know football if it was rammed so far up their arse that they had Mitre Delta's as eyeballs.

These posters can call me arrogant as much as they like, it means nothing to me, I couldnt give a shit. None of these posters have ever shown any understanding of football in my opinion. And not video games, ,just football in general. They dont even speak football, their language and wording isnt the type of banter that is exchanged between those that have played the game. I just cant take those people seriously at all.

I had planned on writing another huge essay breaking down PES 12 on Zero Assistance in a technical manner( Which is the only way I believe this game was meant to be played, adhering to the Evolution and the vision) but I just cant be bothered anymore. It's pointless.

I'd just rather agree to disagree, I only value the opinion of those that I respect, those that highlight a genuine understanding of football. So, I'll be that blind fanboy for those other people. And they will be, in my eyes, casual video gamers that have, to this day, not once highlighted any real understanding of football.

And that is that.

Last edited:
Ignore em Jimmy there are people here who still like to read opinions from people who have an actual interest in the game. Like you I choose to silently watch the thread and dont respond to the garbage. I couldnt help getting sucked into it this morning and feel like a moron for it, I blame lack of sleep as the PES tourney ended late lastnight and I logged in for reasons unbeknown to me.

Please post your thoughts mate else do it elsewhere

Ignore em Jimmy there are people here who still like to read opinions from people who have an actual interest in the game. Like you I choose to silently watch the thread and dont respond to the garbage. I couldnt help getting sucked into it this morning and feel like a moron for it, I blame lack of sleep as the PES tourney ended late lastnight and I logged in for reasons unbeknown to me.

Please post your thoughts mate else do it elsewhere

Zee, I have no problem folk hating the game, that's their choice and I can truly understand their reasons. I dont expect these said people to understand why or how this game is designed to replicate football and the relevant techniques. I mean, going back 3 years, no-one on this board even understood the inclusion of the 'First-Touch', the most important fundamental in football, and the base for which all follows. Everyone labelled PES 2010 unresponsive because of this feature. Typical ignorance.

This version of PES is so far advanced on Zero Assistance in every technical area, but it's just too much for non-footballers to understand. If that comes across as arrogance to the less informed, then so be it. That's natural. Those who understand why it's in place or the one's that can truly appreciate what Konami have done are the only people I can relate to. It's just a shame that those 'football people' are very few and far between on Evo-Web these days. Most have left and gone to PEEL, others post very infrequently due to the constant ignorance portrayed by so many.

It's a sad state of affairs, but I'm just sticking to the FL thread from here on in. I'm 100% done with the rest. I dont have the desire, heart or effort anymore. It's like preaching Christianity to Muslims.

I hear ya mate I see you have been taking a pounding from the local experts. Geez you even been labelled Adam :LOL: takes some doing mate and I must commend you on your fanboyism. By the way the donkeys were flying high again lastnight but lost in the dying seconds of the final to an unfortunate goal....took out PSG, Marseille and Palermo though.

Oh god, not the "i am the only one who understand football" again!

yes yes jimmy, you are the king of understanding football....

There are things I get annoyed with on PES2012 but it isn't the garbage you lot make it out to be.

First of all, player's foot matters in FIFA as well, and to your disgust, in a more pronounced way than in PES. Second, I have lost count on the number of perfect ping pong crosses made by a player's uncomfortable foot in PES.

So what has become of Evo-Web? It is just not a place for a small group of people who think they are the only people who understands football and the rest of the world can f off, isolated in a forum and asskissing each other on a commently basis thinking how great they are. Tbh this forum has been like this since forever but with the 2012 release a lot of pro-konami people who lived with 2011'a annoyances realised enough is enough after a sub-par industry standard title.

I've totally respected you Jimmy in the past and you seem generally to be a good guy but seriously, the last few posts were unnecessarily arrogant.

I'm certainly done with the PES side of this forum, there's good discussion to be had in the threads about other games on here but the PES thread has degenerated into one side who hate the game getting unnecessarily offensive and personal to the point of trolling, and the other side stating that if people don't like the game then they have no understanding of football or games in general. I don't understand what gives people the right to think they can get offensive on here, or also why other people can confidently state that their football 'knowledge' is so superior to everyone else's. What makes one person so much more 'informed' than someone else? I played for a professional Championship club at youth team level once but I in no way pretend that's any qualification to pretend my knowledge is superior than anyone else's.

I call bullshit on both sides of the argument and I'm done with it.

And before thinking you understand football, even the greatest coaches have different understanding of the game to one another. Different philosophies in fact. And football is changing all the time. It is so detailed, so vast and dependable on various aspects and details that unless you have passed at least level 2 coaching course I'd politely ask you to keep your understanding of the game to yourself and your small community of followers.

First of all, player's foot matters in FIFA as well, and to your disgust, in a more pronounced way than in PES. Second, I have lost count on the number of perfect ping pong crosses made by a player's uncomfortable foot in PES.

So what has become of Evo-Web? It is just not a place for a small group of people who think they are the only people who understands football and the rest of the world can f off, isolated in a forum and asskissing each other on a commently basis thinking how great they are. Tbh this forum has been like this since forever but with the 2012 release a lot of pro-konami people who lived with 2011'a annoyances realised enough is enough after a sub-par industry standard title.

Funny you joined in 2011 yet the forum has been like this forever...is that you bwa Spectre?

After playing nothing but FIFA for the last month I popped PES in this morning, I totally agree with the guys saying PES is a better technical representation of football. I had a chance where I played a ball to Ordaz in the box, he was holding off the defender and managed to roll off him and take the ball, there was now a chance for a shot which I took and it rolled harmlessly to the keeper. I had another look at the situation in replay and seen that I had snatched at the shot and got a bad connection, if I had waited just a fraction of a second longer I could of hit the shot with more power and I would of been in a position to hit it into the top corner instead of at the keepers feet. I never once looked at a replay in FIFA and thought to myself that I should of done something different with regards to timing or body position to have produced a different outcome, I never had the feeling any of that mattered in the game, I dont think I ever hit a shot that did not go where I was pointing and with the power that I had applied. PES gives me the impression that all of that stuff is important and when something doesnt happen as I wanted I can look at the replay and usually see why. I still think FIFA is a better game but PES does take more of a sim approach, that was obvious whith in the first few seconds of playing. FIFA does an awful lot of things better than PES but its quite shallow in certain aspects, I guess that will never change.

Last edited:

Messi and co don't play FIFA because it's a better sim. They play it because it's more immediately authentic (presentation, animations, licenses etc). I remember somebody recently distinguishing between authenticity and simulation - I think it was a good way of articulating the difference.

As for the whole 'footballers play this' - it doesn't exactly work at the extremes, nor should we expect it to. Do we think professional footballers look for the same depth in a football game as people who are as much about games as football? Do we think Rio Ferdinand gives two shits whether momentum is correctly simulated? Do soldiers play ArmA 2 or Modern Warfare 3? I can only really see drivers wanting to play sims because it's the only case where taking part in the game is close to the activity itself.

For what it's worth, it should be blatantly obvious that FIFA is not coded to simulate how a team plays or organically flows, probing for space in attack and closing gaps in defence. It doesn't know how to create a proper Barcelona experience, beyond extremely accurate first time passing and control. All manual controls are not realistic; they give the illusion of realism by slowing play down and making you take fewer risks but they bring their own problems and divergences from the sport, and take more of your own planning and application out of the football world and into the gamepad.

My feeling is that it's a lot easier to try and recreate FIFA's animation and ball physics tech than it would be for FIFA to try and mimic PES's understanding of how short 1-2-3 passing can be a better option than player 1 just turning with the ball, or how a more alert player can get the jump on a defence with a higher top speed. Just recently EA had a guy called Darren Cross write a guide to attributes in FIFA and said that high acceleration with low top speed was pretty useless. This was one of Paul Scholes' key characteristics in his goal scoring days.

Last edited:
Messi and co don't play FIFA because it's a better sim. They play it because it's more immediately authentic (presentation, animations, licenses etc). I remember somebody recently distinguishing between authenticity and simulation - I think it was a good way of articulating the difference.

I never said they play it because it's a sim as i have said many times both games are no way anywhere near sim like, My point is apparently people that play Fifa or dislike PES 2012 dont understand football which is bullshit as people like Messi or Rooney far understand the game of football more than people on a gaming website.

As for the rest of your post i know you dont like Fifa im not keen on it either so telling me Fifa is shit is pretty pointless as i know how average it is.

Last edited:
In their case they aren't looking for a sim. It's not their understanding of the sport that is in question but their ability/willingness to take time to get to grips with an otherwise inferior game. But within the confines of a gaming website the argument has some validity provided it is only applied where relevant.

In their case they aren't looking for a sim. It's not their understanding of the sport that is in question but their ability/willingness to take time to get to grips with an otherwise inferior game. But within the confines of a gaming website the argument has some validity provided it is only applied where relevant.

Back in the day it was reported that the majority of footballers played PES when it was more sim than Fifa, Recently Darren Bent admitted he like everyone else he has switched to Fifa by your logic footballers used to prefer the more realistic game but not any more? That's just Nonsense tbh to suit your point!

Not sure why Sim gets banded about with football games much, you dont honestly believe that PES is a true representation of football? I know you creamed yourself about how amazing the game is after play testing it at Adam's but surly it's not because you think the game is a top sim? Dont get me wrong im not saying how can you like the game i can understand why you think the game is amazing but not because you think it's a sim surly?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom