PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Yair, how has this altered the gameplay? Is the AI more realistic now or are they still content on just packing the box every game?

Just to let people know i have discovered something. Its actually not new its been around since pes 5 for as long as i remember.

Go into training shoot and aim were ever. Ball doesnt go were you want.

Now go to shoot but dont have you finger on the analogue stick, power up the shot then aim. Ball goes more in the direction. This has to be fix by konami for pes 13 or we need to get this to them and have it fixed in a patch.

Taking my finger off the analogue stick is not practical and akward.

Just to let people know i have discovered something. Its actually not new its been around since pes 5 for as long as i remember.

Go into training shoot and aim were ever. Ball doesnt go were you want.

Now go to shoot but dont have you finger on the analogue stick, power up the shot then aim. Ball goes more in the direction. This has to be fix by konami for pes 13 or we need to get this to them and have it fixed in a patch.

Taking my finger off the analogue stick is not practical and akward.

I have been saying this for weeks. Whenever someone asks about shooting, that's the method I've suggested (as well as some others around here). Not to say "every" shot goes exactly where you want but it works most of the time.

It may be impractical and awkward to some but it also has its advantages I suppose. What if you're running or facing one direction but want to hit the ball across your body? Aiming after you've powered the shot will allow this. Aiming only in the direction you're facing means you hit every shot straight on basically.

What if you are square on/side on to the goals and want to hit a first time shot on goal? Aiming after you power up would allow you to do this.

I have been saying this for weeks. Whenever someone asks about shooting, that's the method I've suggested (as well as some others around here). Not to say "every" shot goes exactly where you want but it works most of the time.

It may be impractical and awkward to some but it also has its advantages I suppose. What if you're running or facing one direction but want to hit the ball across your body? Aiming after you've powered the shot will allow this. Aiming only in the direction you're facing means you hit every shot straight on basically.

What if you are square on/side on to the goals and want to hit a first time shot on goal? Aiming after you power up would allow you to do this.

Very good point! I didn't realise this :)

how is this not a freekick or sending off??
02192689-ccce-6cb5.jpg

Just downloaded the patch on PS3 I dont see any 0 assist Lobbies:BRICK::?:ROLL::CRY::OOOH::COAT:

Only quick match filter for similar players Fuck U Konami if this is the case because you misled us

you must select before "0 assist" in your passing assistance settings and then go online for quick matches.No passing lobbies,just filters.

Last edited:
Just downloaded the patch on PS3 I dont see any 0 assist Lobbies:BRICK::?:ROLL::CRY::OOOH::COAT:

Only quick match filter for similar players Fuck U Konami if this is the case because you misled us

Jon Murphy only mentioned quick match filters mate, so some of us figured there won't be any 0 assist lobbies. It's not ideal definitely, I would rather have lobbies.

still playing on 1.0, played with two others on my team in master league, got smashed 5-2, then 2-0, won 3-2, then tied 2-2. SO much fun. The game is addicting. When I play just against the cpu by myself, i dont have that much fun. But with other peeps, game is a fantastic amount of fun... Im always learning and doing new things. Need to try 1.3...

p.s.
aiming after shooting definatley works!

This is the game play file I have been working on, which was written for konami 1.02.

It has much more realistic player movement and no player skating at all. I will give more details of it later when I get the chance, but it's well worth trying out if your still on 1.02.

It should also improve the game play on 1.03, but I am yet to test it and I am waiting for feedback on konami;s new patch before I install it

http://www.filesonic.com/file/4253788905/CHIMPS102F.rar

It was written specifically to improve the master league experience. I have even ammended stadiums for each team in the game to the ones that play best at night and day, as some, especially the ones others made for 2011, play awful on 2012.

(just had it pointed out to me that this file has teams mixed up, its how i set my master league up, I will correct this and put up a new file)

Last edited:
Arrrhhh!:RANT: Just went to carry on with my ML, which I've been playing for weeks, and when the game uploaded it was like it was the first time Ive used the disk i.e. asked me for seetings/avatar etc.....and my edit file seems to have gone...including my saved ML....furious.

My option file seems to have been effected too as certain embles and kits no longer work ...but some do!!!

I play on PS3 with Goalgerds file anyone else experienced this. Any help???? I guess I've lost everything and need to start again, as well as upload all the individual option file folders (hundreds of them!!)?????

ok guys I've freed up some time and am ready to get some games over the holydays. Couple of questions, any help appreciated.

1. What is, in your view, the best option file around? No stat changes, please.

2. lofted through passes. When I hit them hard (up to max power bar) they are either long and powerful kicks like in Pes 2011, or really weak and short. I haven't yet figured out what I'm doing differently in each case.

Arrrhhh!:RANT: Just went to carry on with my ML, which I've been playing for weeks, and when the game uploaded it was like it was the first time Ive used the disk i.e. asked me for seetings/avatar etc.....and my edit file seems to have gone...including my saved ML....furious.

My option file seems to have been effected too as certain embles and kits no longer work ...but some do!!!

I play on PS3 with Goalgerds file anyone else experienced this. Any help???? I guess I've lost everything and need to start again, as well as upload all the individual option file folders (hundreds of them!!)?????

I had something similar when i used Goalgerds file.. my ML data corrupted but nothing else was effected..
I've had no problems since switching to GTM's files

PES2011 would have been a good game but player switching bug and bad defensive ai made it unplayable. You may aswell go right back to pes6/pes5/we9le if you don't want to play pes2012 because everything inbetween has been shocking.

PES2011 had its good points, but most of its good points are in PES2012. It also had a lot of very, very bad points - some of which are also in PES2012, but for the most part they've been removed. People forget very quickly: the awful player switching, defenders running away from through balls, the ludicrous catch-up, the way a simple one-two would make opposing defenders freak out like they'd just seen the mothership, the total lack of movement ahead of the ball, the very limited dribbling, the way opponents (and the AI!) could just pressure mindlessly and swamp your man on the ball, and because the game was still pretty unresponsive you couldn't avoid it - he'd just get bumped over, go into that motherfucking STUMBLE ANIMATION and lose possession. I enjoyed it for quite a while, but looking back PES2011 was clunky, rigid, buggy and ultimately frustrating.

The shooting was less automated, I'll give it that, and long shots were much more satisfying - but it would be wrong to suggest that the shooting in PES2011 was actually good. It was just bad in a different way. Goalies were better, but again, not by much - oh, and the tactical settings were much deeper and more rewarding. Can't think of too much else that was actually better, though.

Personally I'd take PES2012 any day. The zippy arcadiness of it irritates me, but you can overcome that by playing sensibly, and finding opponents who also play sensibly. There was basically nothing you could do about PES2011's clunkiness, because it was in the actual game. A lot of the problems with PES2012 come from how people play the game (and how the game allows them to play). I mean, even when you play it "properly" it's still a very long way from perfect, but for me it offers much more freedom than the last one.

Last edited:
Reactions: H_G
PES2011 had its good points, but most of its good points are in PES2012. It also had a lot of very, very bad points - some of which are also in PES2012, but for the most part they've been removed. People forget very quickly: the awful player switching, defenders running away from through balls, the ludicrous catch-up, the way a simple one-two would make opposing defenders freak out like they'd just seen the mothership, the total lack of movement ahead of the ball, the very limited dribbling, the way opponents (and the AI!) could just pressure mindlessly and swamp your man on the ball, and because the game was still pretty unresponsive you couldn't avoid it - he'd just get bumped over, go into that motherfucking STUMBLE ANIMATION and lose possession. I enjoyed it for quite a while, but looking back PES2011 was clunky, rigid, buggy and ultimately frustrating.

The shooting was less automated, I'll give it that, and long shots were much more satisfying - but it would be wrong to suggest that the shooting in PES2011 was actually good. It was just bad in a different way. Goalies were better, but again, not by much - oh, and the tactical settings were much deeper and more rewarding. Can't think of too much else that was actually better, though.

Personally I'd take PES2012 any day. The zippy arcadiness of it irritates me, but you can overcome that by playing sensibly, and finding opponents who also play sensibly. There was basically nothing you could do about PES2011's clunkiness, because it was in the actual game. A lot of the problems with PES2012 come from how people play the game (and how the game allows them to play). I mean, even when you play it "properly" it's still a very long way from perfect, but for me it offers much more freedom than the last one.
Spot on analysis Pere.
Apart from the slightly weightier ball physics and the ball itself, 2012 is far superior to the last offering.

If you can find someone to play against, PES 2012 can actually be excellent because it brings about that freedom and unpredictability you rarely get with the offline game vs the AI. Obviously, some of the shooting and animation niggles are still there but the gameplay is great. If only they can translate that to playing vs the AI, then I'd think a lot more people would enjoy the game.

I just had a session on this today, my first experience with the full game actually - Me and a mate played a lot of offline multiplayer (versus and co-op) and ranked 2v2 online.

I don't get what all the fuss is about this year, I actually really enjoyed my time with the game although I suppose I'm talking from first impressions rather than having extended play-time to justify my views.

The best thing about the game for me is the ability to retain possession of the ball just by turning away from the opponent and putting your body between him and the ball, this can also draw fouls to win free kicks in dangerous areas, and something I was particularly impressed by was how I was able to even win a couple of penalties by nipping the ball away from over-zealous defenders in the box who clattered into me with standing tackles - previously, in pretty much every football game, penalties were only given for sliding tackles, big thumbs up from me in this department.

Another thing I liked was the defending, and how the AI is now smarter in how it covers dangerous areas and cuts out threats more efficiently, but also how the actual tackling is more difficult. PES 2011's sprint pressuring was a nightmare - the newer, more responsive dribbling plus the more difficult tackling plus the more disciplined defensive AI means that a much more intelligent approach is required towards both defending and attacking.

Something I disliked however was the passing - the ground passes were often unpredictable when they perhaps shouldn't have been (simple unpressured 10 yard passes being underhit, or missing the target by quite a distance) and the long balls felt quite scripted and restricted.
One of my favourite things about PES 2011 was how I could get my playmaker on the ball and set one of my front men or wingers away with a 50-60 yard lofted manual pass into space.
This aspect seems to have been removed somehow... Even using the manual modifier button, my long balls would more often than not end up finding the chest of the recipient or an opponent rather than the open space I aimed into, odd...
As others have mentioned repeatedly, I also found the shooting to be pretty shit - PES 2011 nearly had it nailed for me, they just needed better and more varied physics, but they've completely changed it, and for me, screwed it up.

Another (minor) gripe would be how they've done away with the hexagon on the team selection and player profile pages, the new system is confusing and downright ugly...

Overall though, I think it's a fairly impressive upgrade from PES 2011.
I still won't be buying it though as I'm only home for a few weeks, so my time on the game will be limited to whenever I'm at that mate's house who has the game :P.

Last edited by a moderator:
You're pretty spot on there with everything Rob - well when playing against another human anyway. If he's on xbox live, give us a shout and we can play a few games ;) Merry Xmas bud.

Agree completely. There were a hell of alot of issues with PES 2011. My last stint with that game, the few months before PES 2012 was released, were very frustrating as the issues were now very clear, and actually affected almost every aspect of the game in some way. It was almost a chore to play it, due to us having mastered alot of techniques and the deeper understanding illustrated just how bad certain mechanisms were.

PES 2012 is light years ahead. To a certain extent, it's to be expected that people have a short memory. This is like euphoric recall, really. The good times are exaggerated and remembered as being far better than they actually were, whilst the bad fade away and seem insignificant. Just as PES 2011 was a revolution and unimaginably superior to PES 2010, so is PES 2012 to last year's release, if not more. The improvement all round is epic in my opinion. Yes Konami have the habit of breaking things that are working, or not completing certain elements as thoroughly as we would like, but the stuff they get wrong shouldn't demerit what they get right. Look at the games properly, and see for yourself how vast the differnce is. For me just one aspect settles this argument, as generally PES 2012 reflects the true skill of the player in most areas of the game. This is the ultimate acheivement by Konami, in as far as I am concerned, and where PES 2011 was found wanting badly. I play with no assistance, in a league of some seriously talented individuals and the football that was possible in PES 2011 is from the stone age when compared to PES 2012. They can't honestly be compared. Count the glitches in both and I assure you you will be surprised at just how bad PES 2011 really was.

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=81278&highlight=glitches+bugs+exploits

A quick browse of the link above may refresh our memories.

Back
Top Bottom