PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Cheers will give it a try

How much did you increase kicking power ?

90s...even though this may seem a high stat for average players, I find it necessary to ensure they can shoot realistically...after all, everyone can kick a ball hard!!!!

Played a great game with shank118 on this game. scored a blinder and 2nd goal i scored was fantastic build up play.

really love playing against none ping pong assisted idiots online for a change.

Shooting in this game reminds me a bit of PES 4. You need to press the button longer. I have no problems with it, although I've had so little time for PES that I still haven't quite mastered it. I'm not a fan of the sometimes random direction thing though.

Shooting in this game reminds me a bit of PES 4. You need to press the button longer. I have no problems with it, although I've had so little time for PES that I still haven't quite mastered it. I'm not a fan of the sometimes random direction thing though.

Try Pitch Side Camera. Most PES veterans use wide and so did I up until a few days ago. For some reason I decided to switch mid-game and the change in how the game feels astounds me. I'll elaborate & explain a little later, but I'll just say that the randomness is not so, and everything just feels right.

Try Pitch Side Camera. Most PES veterans use wide and so did I up until a few days ago. For some reason I decided to switch mid-game and the change in how the game feels astounds me. I'll elaborate & explain a little later, but I'll just say that the randomness is not so, and everything just feels right.

Yes I agree with that. The game plays at different speeds at the different cameras. Try Live Broadcast as well.

As promised:

A tip for the people having trouble scoring, and perhaps those struggling with passing on 0 bars pass support. I’m sure most veterans use Wide Cam when playing. This has been the obvious choice for good PES footballers over the years. I suggest changing to Pitch Side. It seems the game was designed with that camera angle primarily and then just ported to the others. Don’t ask me why each camera isn’t independent and affect the gameplay accordingly. We all know Konami is renowned for taking “shortcuts”.

With Pitch Side camera everything feels right. Passing is instinctive and true, and feels alot less inconsistant. You get a greater feel for player movements and intentions with this cam, hence less wrong footing. The intricate football that is possible will blow your mind. The AI intervention is almost non-existent, we’ve all experienced this, where we aim at a man 5 yards away and after putting little power on the pass, somehow the ball is despatched to the bi-line over 20 yards away. There are less player selection issues where the AI picks the wrong target man, despite the ball virtually hitting the intended target.

The shooting feels right. It’s amazing how it felt broken with every other camera but once I switched to Pitch Side it just felt right. This still puzzles me, but is a welcome mystery.

There’s alot more I could say about the camera and how drastically it changes every facette of the game and how it feels. No doubt, there is an opportunity cost, you sacrifice a bit of viewable area, and sometimes you cannot see the ball due to players obstructing your view but it’ll happen maybe once or twice throughout a 15 minute game.

1 last thing, R2 is your best friend in PES 2012. Whether trapping a pass, making a pass, shooting, dribbling or defending, the timing of when in the scenario or animation, that you press R2 will result in different a behaviour/reaction from your player. For accurate passes hold it in while passing. It’s fantastic for close knit intricate pass and move football. For shooting you can use it after you’ve powered up to go for a controlled shot. I personally almost never shoot without R2, but I use R2 before I shoot as I release R1 if running and hold it to sort of compose my player and get him into a rhythm, so to speak. I hold it in till the shot is away and this increases technique, accuracy, and actually removes little power from the strike. I’ve used this method since PES 2010 with great effect.

This is just the tip of the iceberg, and the depth of this game is immense. The thing with PES is the individuality, and just as every team and player feels and plays differntly in the game, no matter how similar the stats or formation, each human player has different instincts and plays a differnt style due to his natural way of thinking. Ultimately the 1st step is figuring out your style, and then you devise a way to utilise a team in a way that complements your ability.

I am there.... :)

What's the 360 section like? I just played some games on another league and there's no vetting for gameplay style...so I came up against someone who didn't use the pass button (just through ball and shoot...from ANYWHERE!). And at 0-0 and half time, he changed his formation to have 9 men in his own half and 1 striker in my half...:RANT:

Hilarious.
The game has only been out two months and it is the first time any of us have had this option. I don't think that's bad going really.
Wish I would have done it sooner to be honest mate.
uhh what? the option to play with zero assist was on the FIRST freaking demo released in august nevermind retail copy :SHOCK:

uhh what? the option to play with zero assist was on the FIRST freaking demo released in august nevermind retail copy :SHOCK:
Yes I know I hammered them to bits. To be more specific, this is the first time the option has been available in the entire PES series.
I was using zero assistance on both but found it a little more difficult in the retail version.
It was always my intention to completely drop to zero. I wanted to completely get the hang of the game, strategies, tactics etc first.
We will have to get a game going on PSN sometime.

Is there a trick to scoring screamers? The shots seem very weak, in PES2011 loved scoring from distance.

You really need a good shooter for that, strong foot, a lot of momentum.

Problem being the ai decide where the shot goes and given that there are 9 AI players stuck in box 9/10 are deflected.

Back
Top Bottom