PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Not sure, they never change for me. You are setting them up initially from the front screen though, yeah ? In Personal Data Settings or whatever it's called ? Second from the right on the front screen ?

This really is good news and it proves they are indeed listening to us.
Nice one Konami.

Tbhi think Adam knew they were coming as for years on his forum he has always ridiculed people for creating online petitions for PES then all of a sudden he makes one up himself? I dont buy it!

PR stunt between him & Jon Murphy.

Tbhi think Adam knew they were coming as for years on his forum he has always ridiculed people for creating online petitions for PES then all of a sudden he makes one up himself? I dont buy it!

PR stunt between him & Jon Murphy.
Maybe. Maybe not. Who knows.
That's a very cynical way of looking at it tbh.
At least they are doing it and it's what the majority have been asking for.

I am curious though as to HOW they'd filter it? :CONFUSE:

Or is it simply a lobby by another name where you can go and it will still be a mix of assisted and unassisted users where you enter at your own risk? or is every setting defaulted to off? :WHISTLE:

I pray the solution is a great one :PRAY:

Once you get used to it, the shooting is ok.
At first i hated the shooting, now i think Konami want to simulate the evolution of the balls irl: balls get lighter and lighter and shooting is different from 10 years ago. Maybe it's just a coïncidence of course...

Once you get used to it, the shooting is ok.
At first i hated the shooting, now i think Konami want to simulate the evolution of the balls irl: balls get lighter and lighter and shooting is different from 10 years ago. Maybe it's just a coïncidence of course...

i thought shooting was great in pes 2011, i play as spurs and can never hit a powerful shot even with v der vaart, might edit some stats to see if it improves it

Quick question for anyone who knows....

Finally got the long awaited new pc, which marks the end of console gaming for me, (bf3 looks ridiculous)just trying to sort out pro now. I've had it running through jenkys patch with the great stadiums, and yairs patch, that plays fantastically. Just looking for a guide to make sure i install everything properly, anyone know if I can run both together? What do I need to do with kitserver? Can I run yairs file through jenkeys gameplay config, if so what file do I then use to load up the game etc?

Cheers

Zero assistance lobbies is a great move by Konami but it's sill not gonna stop people from choosing Real Madrid and sprinting 75 yards with Ronaldo before going for pinpoint crosses. Over. And over.

Zero assistance lobbies is a great move by Konami but it's sill not gonna stop people from choosing Real Madrid and sprinting 75 yards with Ronaldo before going for pinpoint crosses. Over. And over.

I respectfully disagree bud, that would contradict the reasoning in my book. Those who play Zero Assistance play for a fair simulated experience for the most part, and Real and Barca dont fit into that philosophy. If you want to play with the big boys then your doing it for the advantage, that includes the most obvious advantage which is Passing Assistance. And probably 4 Bars.

I see no point in going Zero Assisted then playing with very 'Assisted' teams.

Yeah I don't know what to expect. Not all zero assisted people are "proper"* PES players imo but atleast it cuts out the frustration and insecurities when facing an opponent.

I am sure it will be a lot less though as you don't go 0 assisted when you want to player football proper.

Edit: by proper I mean non exploitive and varied not finding a sweet spot and going for it over and over again.

I respectfully disagree bud, that would contradict the reasoning in my book. Those who play Zero Assistance play for a fair simulated experience for the most part, and Real and Barca dont fit into that philosophy. If you want to play with the big boys then your doing it for the advantage, that includes the most obvious advantage which is Passing Assistance. And probably 4 Bars.

Sounds idealistic. Even when playing in manual lobbies in Fifa 09 people would pick the very best teams a lot of them. It was never as bad as the assisted lobbies because it was people looking for a challenge but it was still an issue.

Until there's another incentive not to use just the big teams i feel it'll always be there in some shape or form.

Knowing konami, the implementation will be faar from ideal, and I will probably be sticking to PEEL for the beauty of unassisted passing.

Yeah i think it'll just be lobbies like they have at the moment. I.e Europe 0 pass assistance lobby. I'm not sure how much of the game they can really change with a patch.

Whilst on the subject of lobbies, i quite like the lobbies feature to be honest rather than just pressing random match. It doesn't get enough praise on here. It could do with some refining though as it is a bit basic but it's decent enough to see who you are playing. Does it still show you the last 5 teams the player who you played against played with? PES 6 did a damn good job of letting me accept or decline offers from Inter/Brazil whores, and by accept or decline i just mean decline.

Last edited:

Yeah fair point, I guess people who want to win online at all costs are not likely to choose an option that requires more skill!

i thought shooting was great in pes 2011, i play as spurs and can never hit a powerful shot even with v der vaart, might edit some stats to see if it improves it

Sorry dude but if you need to edit stats to hit a powerful shot, you're not doing it right. I'm not being a smart ass but you didn't say sometimes you said "never", which means you're not teeing the ball up properly. Make sure it's not right under your feet when you hit it. A tap or double tap of the sprint button is sometimes enough to create a bit of space before you shoot. And you have to hold the button longer than PES 2011....usually.

Nope, Tell me the differences.

Any pass assistance is easy to pick up. The pace of the ball very seldom varies on assisted. The passes have a similar pace regardless of who's passing the ball. Also on assisted there is somewhat of a magnetic force where the ball pulls towards the recipient.

On 0 assistance you notice that the ball sometimes loses momentum when under hit and when playing 1 - 2 passes there is a tendency to pass the ball behind the runner. Also quick passes in a small area are usually slow and almost like a layoff rather than a pass. You get players on 0 assist that pass it incredibly well but you can always expect an errant pass especially by the defenders or atleast players with weak passing stats.

I also think player reactions vary depending on which assistance setting you use. On some settings, it seems that players are wrongfooted more and seem to skid along when the ball is not directly at their feet or in their anticipated path.

I like the idea of a passing-lobby. i try to play a simulation without any assists, but a lot of my opponents want their points so they set passing assist on 4 bars. at the moment it´s frustating to see that no ball goes off the pitch with every shortpass. well done Konami! best simulation ever haha

Any pass assistance is easy to pick up. The pace of the ball very seldom varies on assisted. The passes have a similar pace regardless of who's passing the ball. Also on assisted there is somewhat of a magnetic force where the ball pulls towards the recipient.

On 0 assistance you notice that the ball sometimes loses momentum when under hit and when playing 1 - 2 passes there is a tendency to pass the ball behind the runner. Also quick passes in a small area are usually slow and almost like a layoff rather than a pass. You get players on 0 assist that pass it incredibly well but you can always expect an errant pass especially by the defenders or atleast players with weak passing stats.

I know there is a difference with 0 bars but i was saying 1-4 bars i dont see any difference.

Why is there a power bar if it makes no difference whatsoever with bars 1-4 and why does it not have any effect?

edit: PES 2012 down to 17.99 now at play...and i just rebought it for £35 last week :(

Patch News

Zitat:
Hello PES community, just a quick email/post to inform you about the upcoming update that we are planning to apply for PES 2012 on PlayStation3, Xbox 360 and Windows PC versions.

As a result of continuous feedback from our users we’ve once again worked on certain improvements to the performance of goalkeepers, this time stopping balls from long-distance shots.

We’ve also added the option to search for opponents based on their pass support settings, which will replace Friendly Match or Player Match (depending on version) in Quick Match mode. The Speed Star skill card will also be adjusted to improve realism.

We have also been able to identify some minor issues which occur on very specific occasions. Our commitment is to continue to deliver the best football experience to all our fans, so the next patch will also fix the following:

* Issues with one or more players given a red card in a match, but 11 players available after loading formation

* In the myPES application, we have corrected the situation where a draw result is given after win/lose on the penalties

* Occasionally meaningless numbers were appearing when accessing the Community menu from the Community Card

* Formation data in the Formation settings on the Game Plan screen can only be saved from the P1 controller

* Game data can be saved/loaded for both sides if you exit the Data Management menu while your opponent is saving/loading the game data and then enter the Data Management menu again on the Game Plan screen

* Also, some situations where the game was hanging out or freezing have been solved. Included those on the Online, Become a Legend and Edition modes, and while selecting some Game Plan combinations.

We’ll be busy soon again with the Winter Transfer Window updates and I am sure we’ll be in touch again to talk about that. Anyways, hope you enjoy the Holidays and have a great 2012!

Cheers,
Jon

Back
Top Bottom