PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

In need of some help here, Went back to 1.00 and deleted Chimps edit file however when i do this the option file goes even though it's still all in the PS3, When i install Chimps single Edit file the option file is back...What do i need to do to get the option file working without the Chimps Edit file?

You probably have to delete the edit file as you've done then re-apply the option file so you have a clean edit file with OF applied but without the chimps edit. Is that what you want?

You probably have to delete the edit file as you've done then re-apply the option file so you have a clean edit file with OF applied but without the chimps edit. Is that what you want?

Yeah although i did have the option file in there before adding Chimps, Really hope i dont need to delete 600 files one by one and then copy 600 of them again one by one :RANT:

Hopefully not, for your sake!

By the way - I was thinking of going through some team's formations/tactics and ensuring all 4 slots are allocated with some kind of tactic, rather than standard, and give none of the teams an all out defence setting. Wonder if that would affect anything...

Yeah although i did have the option file in there before adding Chimps, Really hope i dont need to delete 600 files one by one and then copy 600 of them again one by one :RANT:

You wont have to delete all the 600 files, but you will need to send Goalgerd a PM and ask him for a link to his basic Edit File,(Without Chimps Edit). You can then just copy that over your current Edit File.

Help please....I've imported chimps' latest gameplay file for V 1.02 and re-started my ML with swansea and for some reason they're now in the champions league. How has this happened and how can I fix it???

What settings do u guys use for Jenkey's tool.

i use 95 game speed
17 min match
new gameplay mode
curving shot
goalnet physic
removal of ai cheating
shot power 36
and ball weight 2

what settings do u think is the best for pes ?

i use 95 game speed
17 min match
new gameplay mode
curving shot
goalnet physic
removal of ai cheating
shot power 36
and ball weight 2

Very similar to you, but I toned the gamespeed down. If you watch a CPU v CPU match a few times, you start getting a few tips and stuff. I guess it depends on the PC too, but realism for me at the moment is

90 Gamespeed (I still have the response, but not all players can turn and run like Suarez for example, less fluid yes, but more sim like)
17 min match
The middle bit the same as yours
Shot power 45. Because the gamepeed is toned down and players are not going 100mph, you to re address the balance with a slightly floaty ball, so I crank this up to 40-45, I've settled on 45.
Ball weight - minus one

You wont have to delete all the 600 files, but you will need to send Goalgerd a PM and ask him for a link to his basic Edit File,(Without Chimps Edit). You can then just copy that over your current Edit File.

Cheers mate, put in the edit file that came with the original OF :EASY: Gameplay is fantastic at standard 1.00 very lifelike.

Last edited:
played 10 games on the trot just now online as man city with same four sets of tactics and all of a sudden just like pes 11 something be it scripting or whatever has kicked in. my players either under my control or ai controlled seem to run and stop for a split second before running again when it seems like they are going to win the ball player switching is erratic sometimes in that i am going for the ball with one player and moving the direction stick when all of a sudden it switches to another player thus making both players in effect move away from the ball allowing my opponent to get the ball.players seem to wait for the ball and not move towards it and in one game against barca i was 2-0 up and cruising when to me it seemed the whatever is controlling the game was doing its utmost to get him back into the match the game finished 2-2.

if you play with the same team and same set of tactics all the time then you know instantly when something is not right its not because who i am playing or the team he has chosen is better its because the ai of the game his trying to predict the outcome of the match. this is seriously pissing me off,
i can understand to a certain extent it happening offline but online as well give me a break seabass and i aint mentioned the referees when playing against barca real madrid and ac milan touch there players foul they hack you down near the box no foul and definetly no advantge rule for me if i am anywhere near getting clear on goal.AAARRRGGGHHH!!!

The part of the referees seems pretty realistic to me...irl football i have the same impression about big clubs.
As for the rest of the post (and don't take it personal, because you are probably right): i sometimes think the world would be a better and happier place without online gaming. But then again, i'm starting to get old.

i use 95 game speed
17 min match
new gameplay mode
curving shot
goalnet physic
removal of ai cheating
shot power 36
and ball weight 2

I use 90 game speed and -1 in the actual game.
15 minute match
new gameplay mode
curving shot
goalnet physics
removal ai cheating
ball weight 2
shot power 40

I use 90 game speed and -1 in the actual game.
15 minute match
new gameplay mode
curving shot
goalnet physics
removal ai cheating
ball weight 2
shot power 40
So if you remove the AI cheating, Console or PC, what is actually achieved?
The AI is less scripted in attack, defence or does it just obliterate complete out and out scriptedness? Don't get me wrong I would love to try the PC version with all the modification options that are available.
But. I don't want to make the game any easier.
The AI is scripted i'll admit that. However the script only occurs when it has to. The AI turn screw when they are in a corner, or trying to score the all important goal. How do you define AI cheating and how do you get rid of it without making the attacking and defending options simpler for the user?

Last edited:
So if you remove the AI cheating, Console or PC, what is actually achieved?
The AI is less scripted in attack, defence or does it just obliterate complete out and out scriptedness? Don't get me wrong I would love to try the PC version with all the modification options that are available.
But. I don't want to make the game any easier.
The AI is scripted i'll admit that. However the script only occurs when it has to. The AI turn screw when they are in a corner, or trying to score the all important goal. How do you define AI cheating and how do you get rid of it without making the attacking and defending options simpler for the user?

From my experience the game doesn't get any easier, instead if you choose his gameplay AI tweak it makes the CPU better if anything; they hold the ball up more and are more patient. They can string together better more realistic moves if haven't covered properly enough.

What it does top is the silly stupid stuff that was in the game, the things that were triggered to put you at an almost impossible disadvantage, things like -

1) Purposefully moving a team mate out of position without your consent, for example a left back or right back, enabling the lofted through ball. There the CPU would also noramlly manufacture a goal chance for the CPU by moving perfectly positioned players like CBs for the incoming cross, thus enabling soft headed goals.

2) Challenges are fair. By that I mean that without his patch I get the feeling that I have a much less than 50% chance in all aerial challenges and that he ball just seems to bounce favouring them mostly. With patch it's 50-50, it doesn't make the CPU cheat more, just makes them more sophisticated in attack and defence.

3) Goal keeping gaffes, passing bar more responsive etc etc, these things are ironed out.

4) The game play is more free. By that I mean this; out of ten games without the patch you would probably encounter 8/9 teams that would park the bus, even if they were Chelsea or Man United or whoever. With this patch the games are more realistic in how they will pan out. All the top teams will give it a go, and generally most other teams will too. Now and again you get the odd team that WILL park the bus but that's just football. For example I played a Europa league game against some team can't remember now, and the score was 2-2 at Anfield, the return leg they only needed a draw to go through and the match finished 1-1 and they did park the bus.

Vitoria beat me 2-0 at home, so teams will now attack you. The effect this has is this; the CPU becomes more realistic and clever in attack as it attacks more often, BUT the trade off is (like yourself) they can be open to the counter. This gives the game a lovely balance than before, where every team basically played defensively and all they did was counter. Games became frustrating affairs.

Because players move around move with the CPU as they are more eager to give it a go, the game will open up all over the pace (not just crazy end to end, but you can manufacture nice moves because there will be more space on offer).

IN SHORT, I am totally satisfied with the game now. I am halfway through a master league now and have just been dumped out of the Europa League (with 11 pts mind lol), but I can tell you with these mods PES 2012 is now right up with the best games ever.

What else doe the patch do -

Evens out the stats - Now I'm an obsessive about this, it has been one of my quests since day one regarding footy games, for a footy game to be a sim it must have simulated elements within it, like possession stats, shots, yellow cards, free kicks etc etc before because of the nature of the games I would end up with possession with 60-65%, totally unrealistic.

I recently went on my overall statistics screen and found this to be truly quite interesting, since using the patch here are my stats since I stared my Master League (bear in mind there's a few other games thrown in there like exhibition etc) -

http://youtu.be/FcMfVlPSBis

Please bear in mind the games I play on are Superstar, a minimum of 15 mins and most likely between 17 and 20 minutes (I have recently just settled on 18 minute games!) So I think it's a really good representation of real football stats!!

Look at my highest percentage of possession, just 57%, quite brilliant the game now balances itself.

So basically the patch just cuts out all the OUT AND OUT CPU blatant cheating stuff, makes them more eager to build up play and makes them more diverse in attack.

If you want some gameplay and goals vids then go here -

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=88082

I highlight ALL the variation that Jenkey's stuff offers!!

Help please....I've imported chimps' latest gameplay file for V 1.02 and re-started my ML with swansea and for some reason they're now in the champions league. How has this happened and how can I fix it???

I haven't got a clue. You could try and start the master league again or drop the teamwork stats of you players by a couple and maybe that reduction will drop the out of the champions league

i use 95 game speed
17 min match
new gameplay mode
curving shot
goalnet physic
removal of ai cheating
shot power 36
and ball weight 2

What's this "goalnet physic"?
What's different?

I haven't got a clue. You could try and start the master league again or drop the teamwork stats of you players by a couple and maybe that reduction will drop the out of the champions league

Cheers mate. I did in fact increase the stats of a couple of the players slightly who I thoght were underated (Sinclair, Allen, Willams...couldn't resist it being welsh!!) - that must have caused it!

Does this mean that the 4 highest rated teams start off in champions league rather than last seasons top 4?....strange, I'm sure that wasn't the case in PES2011.

Cheers mate. I did in fact increase the stats of a couple of the players slightly who I thoght were underated (Sinclair, Allen, Willams...couldn't resist it being welsh!!) - that must have caused it!

Does this mean that the 4 highest rated teams start off in champions league rather than last seasons top 4?....strange, I'm sure that wasn't the case in PES2011.

I had improved Swansea quite a bit as well before hand. I didnt realise it would work like that. It will be interesting to see which teams are in champions league places then for all of europe.

I am just trying out a few teams before selecting a side for starting my master league. Oddly, in a way that only ever happens with PES, the game play on mine seems to have changed to be less responsive. This sometimes happens and then I reboot it, but it happened all yesterday.

Sometimes when I scroll though screen they judder when they refresh, this normally goes with slower game play. Hopefully it will stop, but it makes me wonder what differences there are out there with my files on other playstations.

That is my game play file I wrote for 1.01. It works with 1.00. In what way do you think it's better than playing on 1.02 konami patch?

I ask as i still want to improve the game

The CPU does not get 9-10 players camped in the box when defending and they hold a much higher realistic line rather than half of them camping in the 6 yard box although im sure this is down to the game being 1.00 rather than 1.01 or 1.02.

Also shooting in 1.00 is spot on, always goes in the general direction you aim no more crazy shooting with the CPU taking over and it choosing the direction.

Last edited:
played 10 games on the trot just now online as man city with same four sets of tactics and all of a sudden just like pes 11 something be it scripting or whatever has kicked in. my players either under my control or ai controlled seem to run and stop for a split second before running again when it seems like they are going to win the ball player switching is erratic sometimes in that i am going for the ball with one player and moving the direction stick when all of a sudden it switches to another player thus making both players in effect move away from the ball allowing my opponent to get the ball.players seem to wait for the ball and not move towards it and in one game against barca i was 2-0 up and cruising when to me it seemed the whatever is controlling the game was doing its utmost to get him back into the match the game
PES12 is has more scripting online than any of the previous versions. The stonger teams always get boosted further while weaker teams get the shaft.

anybody know whats the best patch to use for pes 2012 PC ????

currently using jenkey gameplay tool
jenkey stadium (how do i install addition downloaded stadiums ???)
pes edit patch 2.2 ( see no reason using any other patch ? )
sky sports scoreboard.

what else can i add to this.

i know about mxsonic camera but i dont know what settings to use, anybody know any good settings ?

My theory on this could be, its a way of fixing MLs where you start with one of the qualified Champions League teams on PES2011 but inDiv2 with MLdefault squads yet still end up in the champions league..
Making it were the strongest teams enter for the 1st year means you can enter ML with Manchester United (my team of choice) as ML defaults without the issue of Champions League and ultimately higher funds taking away the challenge of it.. just an idea?

Any one else think that the colour used for lighting at night is shocking?

Through the day the turfs look excellent, but at night some turfs look very unatural?

I am looking for a team to start my master league with and as with most years I also look for the best stadium to play in. I know its not realistic if you use a team and then have them in another stadium, but you spend far more time looking at the pitch, than the stadium.

Some that are normally always good like the San Siro, look awful at night. I was up for ages last night trying to find stadium that looked decent for both day and night games and resorted to playing about with the colours on my tv and in game. Even with R at +6 and B at -6 (these may be the other way around), it still looks odd.

My best bet at the minute is to use a made stadium and change the lighting to orange and fiddle with the colours in game and my tv, to get it looking natural

Any one else think that the colour used for lighting at night is shocking?

Through the day the turfs look excellent, but at night some turfs look very unatural?

I am looking for a team to start my master league with and as with most years I also look for the best stadium to play in. I know its not realistic if you use a team and then have them in another stadium, but you spend far more time looking at the pitch, than the stadium.

Some that are normally always good like the San Siro, look awful at night. I was up for ages last night trying to find stadium that looked decent for both day and night games and resorted to playing about with the colours on my tv and in game. Even with R at +6 and B at -6 (these may be the other way around), it still looks odd.

My best bet at the minute is to use a made stadium and change the lighting to orange and fiddle with the colours in game and my tv, to get it looking natural

Chimps, I haven't been on here for a while, just want to know the update on your gameplay file for PS3? I didn't want to install it until you had done the vast majority of editing etc, how are we looking? Would you say it's a good to go for a prolonged Master League?

Thanks,

Sorry to say it, but for me PES 2012 and Fifa 12 on xbox360 (played both offline) are just boring scripted games that are far, far away from capturing what real football is like and about.

Now having them played for a few months I would give them both 60%, if 100% means a good simulation of the fun and thrill of real football.

Football as a videogame needs a new vision, a completely newly developed gamecode instead of the incrementally improved versions Konami and EA are forcing upon us.

This consolegeneration was imho a complete failure regarding football.

Last edited:
Amazing really when you consider how powerfull next gen consoles are.
You only have to look at the COD series to see that.

Why has football games suffered so badly? It makes no sense.

Chimps, I haven't been on here for a while, just want to know the update on your gameplay file for PS3? I didn't want to install it until you had done the vast majority of editing etc, how are we looking? Would you say it's a good to go for a prolonged Master League?

Thanks,

I don't think I will be updating it for a while. The majority of editing is done.

I have had another one of them occasions where I thought I was loosing the plot. I went to start a master league and tried one game with a few teams and then stopped and since then the game seemed slower in all modes. After a couple of days of thinking it would correct itself, it didn't so I started playing at +1, which was decent, but passing looked too fast. So I started increasing the speed of some players and testing it on 0 and struggled to get it to feel right.

After a few frustrating days I then go to play the master league and select a team, I find it feels unresponsive, so I edit them and then try them again, my first game is then at night and the game plays completely different and looks way too fast.

After all this, I decide to just go back to my previous released file in my sig.

I swear this game plays different depending on what stadium you are on. I choose a team and then my first game is at night on a pitch which has diagonal stripes. Because of how much time I spend editing I can spot any difference and to me the game feels faster. I then come out and edit the stadium, change the pattern and lighting and play a game on it and it feels slowed down.

I did all of my editing and testing on the new Juventus pitch, I would say that one of the most important things to get right when you are starting your master league is to try different stadiums to see which plays and looks the best at day and night and set it as your home stadium.

I think this could be a reason why people see this game so differently. I have always said that the stadium makes a difference. In this years game some seem ok on -1, others need +1.

I wish I had an editor like they have on the PC with a stadium server that allows you to select the time and stadium for each game in the master league. I would prefer to play all my games during the day and wouldnt mind sticking with one stadium if it kept the game play the same

So, I would say that given the mutliple ways this game can play, my file in my sig is still probably as best as I can get it for now and I all of this has made me less likely to try and improve it so I will be starting a master league and trying to keep the conditions of thethe same, which may meen change a lot of teams stadiums on my own ps3

I don't think I will be updating it for a while. The majority of editing is done.

I have had another one of them occasions where I thought I was loosing the plot. I went to start a master league and tried one game with a few teams and then stopped and since then the game seemed slower in all modes. After a couple of days of thinking it would correct itself, it didn't so I started playing at +1, which was decent, but passing looked too fast. So I started increasing the speed of some players and testing it on 0 and struggled to get it to feel right.

After a few frustrating days I then go to play the master league and select a team, I find it feels unresponsive, so I edit them and then try them again, my first game is then at night and the game plays completely different and looks way too fast.

After all this, I decide to just go back to my previous released file in my sig.

I swear this game plays different depending on what stadium you are on. I choose a team and then my first game is at night on a pitch which has diagonal stripes. Because of how much time I spend editing I can spot any difference and to me the game feels faster. I then come out and edit the stadium, change the pattern and lighting and play a game on it and it feels slowed down.

I did all of my editing and testing on the new Juventus pitch, I would say that one of the most important things to get right when you are starting your master league is to try different stadiums to see which plays and looks the best at day and night and set it as your home stadium.

I think this could be a reason why people see this game so differently. I have always said that the stadium makes a difference. In this years game some seem ok on -1, others need +1.

I wish I had an editor like they have on the PC with a stadium server that allows you to select the time and stadium for each game in the master league. I would prefer to play all my games during the day and wouldnt mind sticking with one stadium if it kept the game play the same

So, I would say that given the mutliple ways this game can play, my file in my sig is still probably as best as I can get it for now and I all of this has made me less likely to try and improve it so I will be starting a master league and trying to keep the conditions of thethe same, which may meen change a lot of teams stadiums on my own ps3

So your saying that the pitch markings slow it down, if so which one makes it slower, I'm using you're file on -1 and it still seems a bit quick

Any chance you can post the slowest stadium lighting and pitch conditions and I will try it.

You're def right I started a ml last night first home game at night and it was faster than normal, ps I use all edited prem league stadiums

Last edited:
Sorry to say it, but for me PES 2012 and Fifa 12 on xbox360 (played both offline) are just boring scripted games that are far, far away from capturing what real football is like and about.

Now having them played for a few months I would give them both 60%, if 100% means a good simulation of the fun and thrill of real football.

Football as a videogame needs a new vision, a completely newly developed gamecode instead of the incrementally improved versions Konami and EA are forcing upon us.

This consolegeneration was imho a complete failure regarding football.

Totally agree, i cringe when i read that PES 2012 is the most amazing simulation to date...seriously what game are these guys playing??? The reviews from PES fansites have been a total joke this year.

Same with Fifa so far away from a simulation it's unreal, the thing Fifa has on PES is it's a very playable game but the football really doesnt mimic real life at all.

Back
Top Bottom