PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

If you want to try the game play file first, before installing the full file you can. But if you then install the full file, you will need to install the latest game play file again over it

Do you know if the option file works with 1.00? I just had my first game with the PS3 version 1.02 and was clean through on goal with Young only for the defender to catch up quickly then Young proceeds to stumble not once but twice and lose the ball :RANT::RANT::RANT: Unless your tactics stop the stumble happening?

Do you know if the option file works with 1.00? I just had my first game with the PS3 version 1.02 and was clean through on goal with Young only for the defender to catch up quickly then Young proceeds to stumble not once but twice and lose the ball :RANT::RANT::RANT: Unless your tactics stop the stumble happening?

My file definitely stops this.

The defender wouldn't catch him unless he was a faster player than him in real life and he would be far less likely to stumble

Been thinking a lot about my battle with Barca at the Noucamp and how they went about their game.

I want PES to be such that when you play barcelona at thew noucamp 2nd leg and them chasing the game. That they shoyuld throw it all at you but I have issues with the fact that Messi, Mascherano and Busquets were not available yet the game did not change. Also the way they picked me apart seemed too unnatural. If Monrpellier ever made it to that stage they may be subject to the same pressure but not like that.

I promise you I can't describe how quick the CPU was making calculations it was pass - move - drag back - heel - layup - cross - volley - goal all in under 8 seconds. I cannot be the only one to have experienced this?

I play offline master league on superstar, despite my love for the game some of the scripting can be ridiculous. I solely play offline and sometimes matches with mates but it can be infuriating when the game decides to fuck you over. Still addicted though.

- refs not giving blatant fouls, 2 seconds later your penalized for a fair tackle.

- deflections acting like perfect passes for the AI

- Cursor change not working in time, that split second can make all the difference and the game knows it.

Their are other subtle things that I like to call balancing acts, sometimes you can of course perceive scripting when in reality its just the stats, tactics etc playing out or maybe a case of PESITUS striking haha. Scripting of course has to be part of a football game but konami need to tone it down a bit as it can be quite insulting to the gamer.

Should i use Klashman's tactics if i am using the pc version with jenkeys gameplay tool. ???

cus i used it last time and i saw that with liverpool all the players ratings when down quite a lot and that also probably implies to other teams as well.

also is it worth using pes stats database for pes 2012 for players stats or shuld i stick with default or use klashmans ?

I would recommend playing against a team before changing their tactics and then playing them afterwards.

Having a team play against you how they would in real life, is not a gaurantee that they will give the best game they can in the game.

Funny, i also play with Udinese (a league) and i play a totally different formation:

GK: Handanovic
LB/WB: Armero
CB: Benatia
CB: Neuton
RB: Isla or Basta
CMF: Pinzi
CMF: Asamoah
CMF:Abdi
LW: Barreto
CF: Di Natale
RW: Torje

Asamoah and Abdi are my most important players.

what tactics do u use. default udinese quick counter slides ???

also do u use the preset 4-3-3 or do u move the wigers etc. ?

I play offline master league on superstar, despite my love for the game some of the scripting can be ridiculous. I solely play offline and sometimes matches with mates but it can be infuriating when the game decides to fuck you over. Still addicted though.

- refs not giving blatant fouls, 2 seconds later your penalized for a fair tackle.

- deflections acting like perfect passes for the AI

- Cursor change not working in time, that split second can make all the difference and the game knows it.

Their are other subtle things that I like to call balancing acts, sometimes you can of course perceive scripting when in reality its just the stats, tactics etc playing out or maybe a case of PESITUS striking haha. Scripting of course has to be part of a football game but konami need to tone it down a bit as it can be quite insulting to the gamer.

From my experience, Jenkey's patch eliminates most of the scripts. I've been playing football games on the console since ISS 64, but this year I also picked up a pc copy just to give his patch a go and see what all the fuss is about. I think he succeeded in toning down the cheating, and personally I feel it makes the other flaws much more bearable as you at least get the sense you're playing a solid, fair game of football. I could really enjoy a game on PS3 only to concede a lame goal from a corner which might as well have been a cutscene. Haven't experienced it on PC so far.

what tactics do u use. default udinese quick counter slides ???

also do u use the preset 4-3-3 or do u move the wigers etc. ?

I play either possession game or quick counter depending on the adversary. If it's one of the strongest teams, i play quick counter, otherways i play possession game.
I use the default 4-3-3.

I've started the season bad: a loss in San Siro against Milan and then an away draw against Inter. Won all the other matches (12 in a row now). I play on professional level.

Just installed the option file (took close to an hour, cheers Konami for making me do it 1 by 1) and now about to install Chimps tactics...do i do it the same way as the OF?

Just installed the option file (took close to an hour, cheers Konami for making me do it 1 by 1) and now about to install Chimps tactics...do i do it the same way as the OF?

Yes. There will only be one file this time and it will overwrite the file of the full option file

It's.not just tactics it's every player edited

The game play file link is

http://www.filesonic.com/file/3946748555

Last edited:
Yes. There will only be one file this time and it will overwrite the file of the full option file

It's.not just tactics it's every player edited

The game play file link is

http://www.filesonic.com/file/3946748555

Played two games so far, certainly more enjoyable than 1.01 and 1.02, dare i say it...it could be as good as Demo 2. It seems to strike the right balance between Demo 2 and the final game although i am only 2 games in right enough but those two games were very promising.

What difficulty do you play on? I was on Pro there and beat Juve with Inter 1 nil, Second game Fulham hammered me 3-1 me being Chelsea :CONFUSE:

Played two games so far, certainly more enjoyable than 1.01 and 1.02, dare i say it...it could be as good as Demo 2. It seems to strike the right balance between Demo 2 and the final game although i am only 2 games in right enough but those two games were very promising.

What difficulty do you play on? I was on Pro there and beat Juve with Inter 1 nil, Second game Fulham hammered me 3-1 me being Chelsea :CONFUSE:

I also play on pro with this patch seems great

I play on Top Player, but I am used to it. I still only win a third of games though, once I get a proper formation sorted out and start a master league it will probably need a few season before I win it and after that it will still be challenging to win the league each year.

Glad you're enjoying

Chimps - I know you explained the editing process a few pages ago but have you revised any methods since Patch 1.02 came out?

Ideally there would be a spreadhseet or jpeg's so us Xbox players could use to make the same updates and then have it incorporated in an option file along with Klashman's tactics. I could try this and ask Daymos to include it in his file for the 360.

In the abscence of such a large helper :P, if you could give me some refresher's (if anything has changed from the first lot of edits you did) then I could have a go myself.

p.s. I noticed Buffon had huge goalkeeping stats but his ball control was around 60. I remember you said that stat should be turned up as well for keepers but given Buffon's other high stats, is it still necessary?

Right guys i badly need help with shooting, im seeing at least 30-40% of my shots head straight down the middle, The shooting system must of changed since the demo's as i had no problem whatsoever on both of them?

HELP!

Does anyone have any tips for shooting and heading? My shooting is getting better but my headers (on goal, not clearances) are awful, every single one loops slowly over the ball. I mastered the timing on Fifa 12 but I just can't figure it out in PES

Edit: Didn't refresh to see Flaw3d Genius asking the same thing as me. Flaw3d, someone said that you need to exagerrate the direction you point the stick in more this year. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
The way I do it is:
- charge up power bar to desired level
- with the power meter on screen, hold up or down (so 12 o clock or 6 o clock on the controller) UNTIL contact is made.

To get more power while you're dribbling, I try and do a tap of the sprint button or double tap then follow the sequence above. This "usually" gets enough space between your foot and the ball to generate a good leg swing. Triple tap or the speed burst works better but there's a good chance you'll lose the ball before you can shoot since it pushes it so far in front of you.

Last edited:
Does anyone have any tips for shooting and heading? My shooting is getting better but my headers (on goal, not clearances) are awful, every single one loops slowly over the ball. I mastered the timing on Fifa 12 but I just can't figure it out in PES

Edit: Didn't refresh to see Flaw3d Genius asking the same thing as me. Flaw3d, someone said that you need to exagerrate the direction you point the stick in more this year. Hope that makes sense.

I remember someone in here gave a really good tip for headers a few pages back. From memory it was roughly:
- once you put a cross or corner in, use R2 to move your player away from the ball slightly and run towards it (i.e. so you're not standing still and trying to generate the power yourself).

i THINK that's what the other user said. I've done that and it works well. You can even take just enough of a step backwards to come down over the ball and keep it down or on target.

But someone please come in and confirm this.

The way I do it is:
- charge up power bar to desired level
- with the power meter on screen, hold up or down (so 12 o clock or 6 o clock on the controller) UNTIL contact is made.

To get more power while you're dribbling, I try and do a tap of the sprint button or double tap then follow the sequence above. This "usually" gets enough space between your foot and the ball to generate a good leg swing. Triple tap or the speed burst works better but there's a good chance you'll lose the ball before you can shoot since it pushes it so far in front of you.

Right say im running through clear on goal straight down the middle to put it in the top right bin i would normally hold down 5oclock direction + Power but this is where im going wrong?

Is it 6 oclock and 12 no matter what angle your coming in from?

Yeah, you definitely need to go more to 6 o' clock than before. I wouldn't say full on 6, but further than before. I know we're talking very tiny changes in direction but I think it matters.

Right say im running through clear on goal straight down the middle to put it in the top right bin i would normally hold down 5oclock direction + Power but this is where im going wrong?

Is it 6 oclock and 12 no matter what angle your coming in from?

I always hold 6 and 12 no matter where I am coming from. This may or may not be right but it tends to work for me.

You said you hold 5 o clock + Power. Does that mean you hold direction and then press power while you're holding direction? If so, try pressing power then re-aiming to 5 o'clock. I find the shot doesn't go where I aim unless I hold direction again after I power up and make sure to hold it until contact is made with the ball.

for me, the game becomes better and better...
this years online code is the best konami brings out in pes history...and yes pes 6 was not as good as pes2012
i started pes2012 with zero assistence and found it very hard and unenjoyable...then i go to 3 assistence and got a feeling how to pass and saw how the players run...now after this "lesson" i m back in zero assistence with the knowledge of passing and the game is very enjoyable for me...for all who dislike this year pes give it a try with 3 pass assistence and learn how the ball has to pass and then go back to zero assistence...for me it s very good

Chimps - I know you explained the editing process a few pages ago but have you revised any methods since Patch 1.02 came out?

Ideally there would be a spreadhseet or jpeg's so us Xbox players could use to make the same updates and then have it incorporated in an option file along with Klashman's tactics. I could try this and ask Daymos to include it in his file for the 360.

In the abscence of such a large helper :P, if you could give me some refresher's (if anything has changed from the first lot of edits you did) then I could have a go myself.

p.s. I noticed Buffon had huge goalkeeping stats but his ball control was around 60. I remember you said that stat should be turned up as well for keepers but given Buffon's other high stats, is it still necessary?

The changes I made for 1.02 were largely around how players move and their speed. All changes to each team were then tested by playing with them or against them and the further changes made depending on how their difficulty and speed seemed. Testing any team should be avoided if you have a load of players on red arrows or too many on bad form, instead look for team to have mostly green and a few yellow, if not go back to the team select and try again.

I dropped passing speed further with only the very best players having this as 80 or 81 (literally only a handful of players in the game should be able to pass at 81 and not in the same midfield) and the then dropping this to a 78, 77, 76 and further as the player quality decreases. For the most part anyone with passing below these was left as they were, though some teams that were particularly easy to play against, I increased their passing speed from the default, very low numbers to the lower 70’s. This is a major factor in how fast the game plays and in doing this and some other small changes the game plays well at 0 speed, which means its smoother.

Central midfields with explosive power or top speed higher than 82/83 also make the game look way to fast, especially if one of them gets a red form arrow. This doesn’t affect many players in the game, but can make teams with them look far too fast and easy to use. This is also true with some defenders, but its less of a rule with them, again you need to experiment with the team.

Players with very high dribbling speed, dribbling accuracy like Messi and Ronaldo need these reduced. Virtually no one in the game should have these above 90, with 88 being about right for the best and then dropping this to mid-eighties for other really good dribblers and then lower for the rest. One thing you can do is to try and raise the response of players with mid-range dribbling skills to keep them decent. Players with very high dribbling makes them look like they are on ice. I have literally spent 40 minutes trying to get players Lennon and Bale, to look right and not be too easy to use.

Dribbling speed, some defenders have this set very low, this needs raised in all players to at least the low or mid 70’s or they will not being able to react quick enough to stop passes or loose balls or forwards going past them and will look clunky and unresponsive

Players with low balance below the mid-seventies should have it raised. If you get a good winger or forward and this is set too far below 80 they will be easily brushed off the ball and stumble.

Forwards and wingers will not be able to cause you problems or be very effective if they have top speed and response below 81. I find increasing this to 80 – 84 for most depending on their natural speed makes the game look much more realistic and make a lot more teams playable and challenging to play against. Very few forwards or wingers should have these stats above 88. Like dribbling it’s a fine line between a normal player and a player who is too fast to unbalance the game. A handful of very fast players should have this as high as 91, but rarely will this be combined with very high dribbling stats or they will be too easy to use.

Keepers, ball control plays a massive part in how good keepers are. Raising this to around 70 will make a big difference. 80 will create a superstar if combined with other good keeper stats.

Most players should have ball control to at least 70, this should then rise up to 80 for good players and mid-eighties for very good players and then high eighties for brilliant players such as very creative midfielders.

Back
Top Bottom