PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

It was not a moan just an observation as i have never seen stats written like they are here in the UK or anywhere else, Sky Sports, ESPN, ITV, BBC etc etc have had it all wrong all these years and Konami have got it spot on (although is offside really a foul?). Anyway i retract my observation...PES 2012 is perfect. The stats make perfect sense.

Last edited:
It was not a moan just an observation as i have never seen stats written like they are here in the UK or anywhere else, Sky Sports, ESPN, ITV, BBC etc etc have had it all wrong all these years and Konami have got it spot on (although is offside really a foul?). Anyway i retract my observation...PES 2012 is perfect. The stats make perfect sense.

It's a poor oversight which i've noticed myself. I know it's not a big deal but it seems like the kind of thing they should have picked up on when going over the game before release to make sure there were no little errors like that.

Last edited:
The reason that you are finding those settings work best is because of the team you picked to play the master league.

Using my file the game play is made more difficult, so using a team like Genoa you are going to struggle against some of the big teams in Italy on higher settings. Same with the speed, using bigger teams make the game faster as they have quicker passers, can control the ball quicker and more likely to have fast attacking players, so using a smaller team 0 feels more like the right speed. This is true for the file you are currently using, but the new file I have just put out slows the big teams slightly so that 0 is now subtable for all teams (in my view, I am sure others will still prefer -1)

Ok I understand the logic behind that.Thanks for the explanation.
I've now downloaded your latest file and look forward to playing some more.
Great work.

I just had the most intense experience. Quarter Final of the European Championship, Portugal (me) v Denmark. Denmark had already claimed the scalps of Italy and France in the group stages to qualify first (i finished second to Germany).
Bendtner scored for Denmark in the 18th minute with a header from a corner. Cue me relentless attacking for most of the game in order to claim a deserved equaliser. It just wasn't happening. Their defence played well and perhaps i should have thought about changing my formation. Lindegaard in particular was great for them (i bumped some of his ratings up).
Then in the 78th minute disaster struck. They took a freekick from the side of the pitch about 25 yards from goal that Rolando controlled the ball into his own net from about 7 yards out (NOTE: the goalkeeper should have reacted and came out to clear it as the ball rolled so slowly but as the game is flawed and goalkeepers have no anticipation of the ball unless it's a registered shot/pass to them i accepted it.)
Cue an onslaught from me looking for anything from the game by putting about 7 players up front but Denmark's defence looked as formidable as ever. Then around the 90:20 mark i earned a dangerous freekick on the edge of the box. Up steps Ronaldo to take it. He attempts to curl it into the corner but it takes a wicked deflection which beats Lindegaard all ends up. The 90th minute seemed too late though and i was pretty sure that goal was only a consolation. There was only 2 minutes of added time after all. It turned out not so. After the restart i somehow managed to get the ball to the wing, put in a cross with somebody and there was Nani unmarked in the middle to poke it in.
It was a joyous moment especially after attacking all match for there to be 2 goals in such a small space of time. In fact i rarely seem to score in the 90th minute ever.

Denmark eventually went on to win 4-2 on penalties but the game was fantastic nonetheless. Extra time was a bit uninspired due to the inevitable player fatigue.

Can see what seabass meant when he said he wanted to create the tension and drama of a real match for the player, had some intense matches last night. I don't even think its possible to smoke weed and play this game anymore due to the required concentration.

I'm finding when under pressure and facing an AI team in god like form one of the best things to do is push up, I had games last night where I was getting swamped and my defence was sitting far to deep, I found pushing my defensive line up and taking the fight to the AI reaped rewards. Of course this tactic does not work all the time and even with a strong team you have games where you need to be compact and solid.

Had some poor ref decisions last night that cost me a goal and the stupid twat missed two blatant penalties, felt like he was favoring the AI but it can work both ways, I like the fact you have to careful when timing tackles around the penalty area. Watching match of the day last night showed how many dodgey decisions can fuck you over so at least theirs some realism to it. Just infuriating when it goes against you, in all honesty I dont complain when the ref helps me out haha so maybe I shouldn't moan. Have to say this games fucking addictive.

Can see what seabass meant when he said he wanted to create the tension and drama of a real match for the player, had some intense matches last night. I don't even think its possible to smoke weed and play this game anymore due to the required concentration.

I always thought that was the best way to play PES :CONFUSE:

The 1.02 patch supposedly improves the game plan layout, but I don't see any differences though... anyone know about this?

Last edited:
I always thought that was the best way to play PES :CONFUSE:

The 1.02 patch supposedly improves the game plan layout, but I don't see any differences though... anyone know about this?

Same here, but tell that to the AI who keep taking advantage of my dopiness.

Not noticed any difference to gameplan settings by the way.

I'm finding when under pressure and facing an AI team in god like form one of the best things to do is push up, I had games last night where I was getting swamped and my defence was sitting far to deep, I found pushing my defensive line up and taking the fight to the AI reaped rewards. Of course this tactic does not work all the time and even with a strong team you have games where you need to be compact and solid.

Had some poor ref decisions last night that cost me a goal and the stupid twat missed two blatant penalties, felt like he was favoring the AI but it can work both ways, I like the fact you have to careful when timing tackles around the penalty area. Watching match of the day last night showed how many dodgey decisions can fuck you over so at least theirs some realism to it. Just infuriating when it goes against you, in all honesty I dont complain when the ref helps me out haha so maybe I shouldn't moan. Have to say this games fucking addictive.
Good post mate.
I find having a smoke puts me in the zone.
You are right though, one little lapse in concentration and the AI will punish you. Btw, are you playing at professional level?

Hats off. I'm finding it difficult on Professional but I don't experience the intensity in matches, like you mentioned. Might give Superstar a try.

I think professional offers a great balance and flow to matches, however I need the extra competitive edge the AI provides on superstar. It can be insanely tough, AI is much better at finding holes in your tactics on this level so I feel you have to take more care when setting your team up.

It can be off putting at first, at times it feels as if theirs nothing you can do stop the AI but ultimately it can be very rewarding.

I think professional offers a great balance and flow to matches, however I need the extra competitive edge the AI provides on superstar. It can be insanely tough, AI is much better at finding holes in your tactics on this level so I feel you have to take more care when setting your team up.

It can be off putting at first, at times it feels as if theirs nothing you can do stop the AI but ultimately it can be very rewarding.
Cheers. I've just got through the preliminary round in Euro 2012 on professional. I'm now going to carry on with Superstar settings.
Probably going to get battered, but here goes.

Nice to read some good posts in here since I last logged in on Friday. Nice highlights with the Udinese v Roma game too :)

@ Jimmy - do you set up man marking at the beginning of each game on a per opponent basis? Andy Carrol got taught a lesson haha. I should have done that two weeks ago. Played a mate at my place and Carrol ripped me apart.

Had an insane day yesterday trying to beat Barcelona in the CL semi away leg on proffessional. I was using Montpellier and was leading 3-1 in the 1st leg and didn't struggle much, infact I hit the bar twice.

The second leg was madness. Pique was playing DMF and Iniesta, Villa and Pedro where upfront. The game made sure every high ball wne their way, every referee decision on my side was punished but when I left Abidal for dead and stepped outside of him the ref said nothing as he took me out in the box, same to pique who actually slid and took me out. On the other end they were passing the ball around in record speed that my mind could not comprehend and if it did my players could not keep up.

It took me 8 or so matches to lose by 1 goal the scripting is just bizzare. One goal involved Pique kicking the ball hard and wide to Xavi out on the right. He scissor kicks an inch perfect pass the ball bounces and pedro dives from what must be the edge of the box to connect from 6 yards out. Come on Konami.

Another match saw me go 1-0 up then succumb to 3 own goals and a parry to Barca's CF.

Stop taking the piss seabass I am not a child that cant think logically. There must be better ways to make the AI more competitive than this. Did anyone experience this yet? I am just about giving up on offline except Be a legend as the scripting is just too heavy especially in knockout phases.

Last edited:
I remember playing co-op FIFA world cup a few months ago with a mate and it was just as bad. Win the ball fairly and it's a foul. They'd break your legs and it's play on. Pressure ramped up to the max. They could score at will etc

I can understand that in some scenarios a team will come out and go for it, which means they should create a lot of chances but sometimes it does feel a bit over the top. The weird thing is I go through some games where you can just feel a goal coming and everything falls for them and they will miss 3 or 4 golden chances which go in during other games.

So maybe the concept of trying to recreate the event has a sound foundation but the balance might not be right.

I started a champ's league campaign with Bayern Munich and had a tight 0-0 draw and then copped a 5-1 beating the next game. That was on Professional lol. Although at least a couple of the goals were my fault for trying to pass the ball out of defence and turning it over when I should have cleared it well and truly out of there.

Frank,

Yes, I set all the Man-Marking up before kick-off.

Zee,

That sounds horrific, thankfully, I've not seen anything anywhere near that blatant yet. Thank God.

Frank,

Yes, I set all the Man-Marking up before kick-off.

Zee,

That sounds horrific, thankfully, I've not seen anything anywhere near that blatant yet. Thank God.

Happy to hear that you not experiencing this. I am scared to go on in ML tbh. I eventually settled for the 3-2 loss. Let's see how many Real madrid game/s I get for the final I saw cronaldo was out like messi was with a purple arrow so that's good news. Usually I would just play the competition from scratch but its just too hardcore this year. I wish I had saved a few of those matches just so you can see what I am talking about.

Chimps...tested the file yesterday with klashs tactics....one word...outstanding.

Games are alive, tense and enjoyable

Well done mate...you've saved pes

Chimps...tested the file yesterday with klashs tactics....one word...outstanding.

Games are alive, tense and enjoyable

Well done mate...you've saved pes

Cheers!

I played a couple of games last night that looked closer to real football that I have ever seen from any game. I played Barca v AC Milan using Klash's tactics, which are already in my file of Barca and had a cracking game, but Milan were too good and beat me 2 - 0.

Then tried Munich v Inter and had a brilliant game which ended 0-0 which either team could have won if it was not for a couple of shots just curling past the post and a couple of superb saves each.

Konami need to take notice of what is going on in the community with their game as this modded game now wipes the floor with FIFA.

Been thinking a lot about my battle with Barca at the Noucamp and how they went about their game.

I want PES to be such that when you play barcelona at thew noucamp 2nd leg and them chasing the game. That they shoyuld throw it all at you but I have issues with the fact that Messi, Mascherano and Busquets were not available yet the game did not change. Also the way they picked me apart seemed too unnatural. If Monrpellier ever made it to that stage they may be subject to the same pressure but not like that.

I promise you I can't describe how quick the CPU was making calculations it was pass - move - drag back - heel - layup - cross - volley - goal all in under 8 seconds. I cannot be the only one to have experienced this?

Konami need to take notice of what is going on in the community with their game as this modded game now wipes the floor with FIFA.

Is that PC mate or PS3? I just rebought PES on PS3 (had 360 version before) as Fifa was doing my head in and i would love for PES to wipe the floor with Fifa, Can you get great animations, Great sound, Great gameplay etc etc on the PS3 version or is it just PC?

Is that PC mate or PS3? I just rebought PES on PS3 (had 360 version before) as Fifa was doing my head in and i would love for PES to wipe the floor with Fifa, Can you get great animations, Great sound, Great gameplay etc etc on the PS3 version or is it just PC?

It's for the PS3. I have edited all the players manually in most teams in Italy, england, Spain, germany and the big teams in France, holland and portugal to make the game play more realistic.

My game play file is listed in my sig, along with the full option file it goes with. If you are installing everything, install my latest game play file last as it overwrites the older version that comes with the whole file.

This file has extra teams, players and strips plus more responsive and fluid game play and much better balanced difficulty and speed.

Should i use Klashman's tactics if i am using the pc version with jenkeys gameplay tool. ???

cus i used it last time and i saw that with liverpool all the players ratings when down quite a lot and that also probably implies to other teams as well.

also is it worth using pes stats database for pes 2012 for players stats or shuld i stick with default or use klashmans ?

Back
Top Bottom