PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

@Jimmy G-Force

The impact of using different strategies is what i noticed too. I talk about it with LTFC a couple of days ago. Defending is so much easier now, since i make a tactic were my CBs and DFMs man-marking their opponents (i don't use it the hole time, just depending on the situation. I use it for closing out games or prevent countering after a corner etc). I switch between 4 different tactics a game and sometimes i pause the game and make a unique tactic (like special man-marking) if i got problems with a special player or team. I use a pressure tactic and a tactic were i let my team fall behind ans use both during a game. It can really change the flow of the game.

I think it is great that you have to react during a game now. That you have to think about your opponent game by game. Little things like man-marking their best midfielder or changing formation from 4-4-2 to 4-2-3-1 can change the output of a game completely. The tactical impact is huge this time.

Last edited:
@ Expander. I've got two words to say to you. Piss off.
If I like someone's post because I think it is an accurate assessment of the game or football in general, then it's my business to like it.
It's not gushing as you called it.
Time for you to go back to your imaginary reviewing of football games (there are only two anyway), or developing, or whatever it is you do in your fantasy world.

Oh,my hearts broken and my whole worlds fallen apart,and didnt you play under the BRIAN CLOUGH once,or was that before you woke up from your fantasies of grandure.

Thanks for plucking these from the vault for me,what a great read they are.

Jimmy im bullet proof(sorry,thats one of yours).Is this the best you can do,and wasnt it you a year ago claiming the powers that be at evo web were trying push you out,and it was all a big conspiracy against poor old jimmy.Self deluded springs to mind,your not that important.

What do i care,pes is dead and your one of the remaining few desperately clinging on,clutching at straws because your life lacks any real substance and pes is all you have.It was all a bit of fun,while it lasted,but back to my day job and my real life.....making football games.

You see,i know everything about you,you know everything about me,we know everything about are lifes.Who am i?,well the answers in your last post,work out the subtext inspector morse!,or arent you clever enough.
so your what they call a "wanker", thanks for clarifying that for me

By the way thanks Robbery for the tactical advice the other day, I've only briefly given it a go but it worked the first few times when games were tight. Didn't really need it for my final game as I was already being battered 5-0 by Villarreal....!

Haha, well the other games were okay, your tactic closed out the games nicely for a few narrow wins,not sure what happened to Villarreal though! Crazy stuff, was 4-0 down by half time!

At least the consolation of the other wins was enough to prevent me from going totally mad.... :))

This game is so hard. Has anyone managed to take their FL default team and win the Champions League?

Haha, well the other games were okay, your tactic closed out the games nicely for a few narrow wins,not sure what happened to Villarreal though! Crazy stuff, was 4-0 down by half time!

At least the consolation of the other wins was enough to prevent me from going totally mad.... :))

This game is so hard. Has anyone managed to take their FL default team and win the Champions League?

What were these tactics you used please share

@LTFC

Oh yes, this game is really hard. Unforgiving at times. I remember last week i was playing with Porto and was down 0-3 at At. Madrid at halftime. One of those games were they scored after a few minutes, then scored by a corner and get me with a counter. I was just standing there and watching the show :D

Sometimes i think it is a little bit to hard at professional level. A little bit over the top maybe. But i think the game is growing on you and this week it seems i can handle things a lot better. I improved the speed of my player switching, using more tactical options, looking at my opponent before every game and trying to find the right tactic for every opponent. Somehow things come together slowly and i have much more success. CPU don't score every game against me anymore, in my current Bundesliga season i'm still unbeaten after 13 games.

But there is a lot of room for improvements. Today i struggle a bit scoring. Yesterday i win against Ajax and Hamburg 4-0 and today a draw 3 games and only score 2 goals. Somehow it is very different from game to game and day to day. But overall i think it is still tough but not as much as it was a few days ago. I believe it will be easier with every game you play.

And no, i don't even play with FL default team. It is enough of a challenge with original teams. Ask me again in a few days, no lets say month :D

Woah!! Never mind winning the Champions League, doubt anyone has even qualified for Europe yet with defaults, at least on Pro or above.

Haven't won a cup in any mode yet, though the other night I got to the Final of the European Championship with England.
Got out of a group containing France, Ukraine and Sweden, beat Holland with a 120th minute winner in the quarters, then beat hosts Ukraine in the semi.
Just when I thought I had the hang of the game, Portugal spanked me 4-1 in the Final :(

Just another quickie for those Zero Assisted players. It's a little tip from TC811, that I've only recently remembered and started to use to brilliant effect. For those nasty little short passes that can sometimes go astray, try holding R2 when pressing X. This gives you a controlled pass where the weight and direction are given a slight assistance. It works very well for putting together first-time passes with perfect weight over short distances. If your not already doing it, try it, it's helped me massively. :)

Just another quickie for those Zero Assisted players. It's a little tip from TC811, that I've only recently remembered and started to use to brilliant effect. For those nasty little short passes that can sometimes go astray, try holding R2 when pressing X. This gives you a controlled pass where the weight and direction are given a slight assistance. It works very well for putting together first-time passes with perfect weight over short distances. If your not already doing it, try it, it's helped me massively. :)

Good tip and here's another one for anyone who uses manual passing with left trigger, it sounds obvious buy you really have to be firm with the desired direction(no good just flicking the analog in the general direction of your desired target). To get those acute eye of the needle passes you have to be ultra precise and firm with the analog, the variation you can achieve is marvelous. The passing system on zero assist and especially full manual makes great use of the sensitivity of the analog. Konami have struck a good balance between user input, stats and other contextual mechanics such as body position, momentum when playing the pass etc.

I do feel their needs to be a bit more error with long passing on zero assist and with the manual modifier, don't get me wrong I love the long passing but the power feels a bit contextual sometimes, in pes 2011 the power was sometimes too exaggerated but I feel the long passing was more rewarding.

Overall love the game, at times it turns me into an animal(pesrage haha) but offline and local multiplayer(with like minded players) is better than ever. 4 weeks in only just starting to boss games on superstar, pes 2012 is definitely a huge challenge and a grower. PES 2012 rewards your footballing brain like no other game before despite some cheap balancing acts in offline master league.

Last edited:
Oh,my hearts broken and my whole worlds fallen apart,and didnt you play under the BRIAN CLOUGH once,or was that before you woke up from your fantasies of grandure.

Jimmy im bullet proof(sorry,thats one of yours).Is this the best you can do,and wasnt it you a year ago claiming the powers that be at evo web were trying push you out,and it was all a big conspiracy against poor old jimmy.Self deluded springs to mind,your not that important.

What do i care,pes is dead and your one of the remaining few desperately clinging on,clutching at straws because your life lacks any real substance and pes is all you have.It was all a bit of fun,while it lasted,but back to my day job and my real life.....making football games.

You see,i know everything about you,you know everything about me,we know everything about are lifes.Who am i?,well the answers in your last post,work out the subtext inspector morse!,or arent you clever enough.

Expander, who are you exactly?

R u a pervert ? :CONFUSE:

Ah, the beauty of thinking outside of the box with PES. This is how you stop that 'scripted' goal. From kick-off Suarez whips one in, I had set Muamba to Man-Mark Carroll, watch him track Carroll, shoulder barge him to let Andy know he was there, hold him off, then clear with his head to stop an almost guaranteed Carroll headed goal.

Watching that back was as nice as scoring. :)

YouTube - Muamba Man-Marks Carroll

Sweet, you remembered my tip.

Nope, the player wont run unless you release R2 then press it again. :)

So there are essentially three ways to trigger a player run?

1) using L1+pass, you get the old-style assisted pass that lasers towards the second player and triggers a run
2) using pass+R2, you get a first time pass (subject to pass assistance) and the player run
3) using R2-pass+R2, you get a slower, weighted pass that results in a player run.

I don't really use L1+pass anymore, does it still have that same behavior?

Another tip that I forgot to mention, try using Offside Trap On in Tactical Assistance. Watch Muamba casually step out to leave Carroll offside. Brilliant this.
YouTube - Man-Mark/Offside Trap

Another great tip for those who like to play a possession game with a high D-line.

Just thought i would ask this question here. While playing pes 2012 tonight with a mate, my ps3 crashed twice. I have applied the 1.02 update along with chimps gameplay file.

I'm not saying it's the file that is causing it, i just wondered if anyone else has had this problem.

Thanks in advance

@ Expander. I've got two words to say to you. Piss off.
If I like someone's post because I think it is an accurate assessment of the game or football in general, then it's my business to like it.
It's not gushing as you called it.
Time for you to go back to your imaginary reviewing of football games (there are only two anyway), or developing, or whatever it is you do in your fantasy world.

Expander's probably the guy that UVW Maps the modeller's meshes - is that why he's a bitter troll...? :FAIL:

(As someone who has spent time in the games industry and now teaches 3D whilst developing, I can offer a technical comeback...)

I've been on an impassioned defence on PESGAMING forum this week peeps, if you have the time and are interested here is my last of my big posts, I'm fighting a bit of a lone figure, but I don't care, my Fire Patch Vietnam version, is the closest to what I see as total football on a computer! Viva la Pes for me! lol

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=87971

What's it got over the pesedit patch that you were using?

What's it got over the pesedit patch that you were using?

Hmm, placebo or not etc, but the games seem to be more lower scoring affairs, I had a 5-1 against me, but generally it's 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, 2-2. The range of goals both for me and the CPU seems to be great, and I can play it Superstar, 15 mins. Also and these are the big issues for me the CPU seem to keep ball better and the shot count is generally around 12/13 mark, which I feel is more realistic than the 18/19 shot count, there is also a greater feel of 'battle in midfield'. Keepers are excellent too.

Now for the weird thing which I'm not too sure is what -
I run PES2012, 1.02, with the Fire Patch Vietnam. I see no specific mention of gameplay changes within that patch (or set of patches 1.3, 1.31, 1.32, 1.33, 1.33compatible) but the PES.exe files does change frequently. The game definitely isn't ordianry 1.02 patch on its own, so here I'm at a loss....whatever the combination, it's working and working a treat.

I have put 3 videos up to show the gameplay, and I'm back thinking PES is the greatest show on Earth.

Hi folks.
I've waited a few days before posting this as I needed to test if what was happening was placebo effect or true.Now this refers to offline play.
Like many of you I have been unable to find a way of fully enjoying a gaming experience with PES 2012.
I've played patched,unpatched,Pro,Top Player,Superstar,League,Master League and just about any combination available to you just to try and find something that plays a consistent game.
On just about every level I've quit the game for all the same reasons voiced regularly here.The scripting,unstoppable goals,or just going from great game one night to unplayable the next being the most frustrating.
However,I now seem to have found a combination which,dare I say it,has been the most enjoyable single player experience in any PES edition.It has played consistantly over 4 consecutive days and eliminated virtually all the the worries I had with the game and should at the very least allow me to play a football game through the dark winter months.
Firstly I've used 1.02 patch with Chimps truly excellent and constantly updated file.Kudos to him. Even using that was'nt the way to enjoyment so I did something that I have never done before and which any true PES player will recoil from.
I switched to the default Regular difficulty and default 0 game speed.This played with zero assistance passing,shooting and semi switching has suddenly,for me,given a wealth of enjoyment playing a league season with Genoa in Serie A.
Now before you all stop laughing and tell me to learn to play the game ,can I just say that while I would call me competent at playing PES I'm sure there are many far better players who visit this forum.
My only defence is that I now have a game I enjoy.I have seen no scripted goals.Been caned 6-0 by Juventus due to inept teamplay on my part.Beaten Napoli 3-2 after their abysmal first half saw me comfortable at 2-0 and then had the kitchen sink thrown at me in the second only for ME to get the winner in the 84th minute.I'm just loving it.
So,to anyone who is struggling big time with this game I can only suggest you give it a go.After all,these are the default settings.So maybe we have just overlooked the obvious when it comes to playing this game.

Back
Top Bottom