PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I will put up another link when I get back to my pc.I did meen to have another kink up, but have been very busy lately

Hi chimps-with-quiffs, used your previous files for pes2010 amd 2011 which kept me playing pes all year, would love to try this if you could put another link up. thanks in advance.

Should this be played without the konami updates? I am getting that annoying stumble when players pressure me. Does playing without updates get rid of this?

Hi chimps-with-quiffs, used your previous files for pes2010 amd 2011 which kept me playing pes all year, would love to try this if you could put another link up. thanks in advance.

http://www.filesonic.com/file/3946748555

Full option file with Goalgerd
http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=86537

Gameplay option files
PES 2009 PS3 - http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=50495
PES 2008 PC - http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=45624
PES6 PC & PS2 - http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=36137

Hey chimps. Great work with the gameplay edits. Unfortunately, I'm on the PC, which brings me to my question. Is there any practical way at all, that you could post the changes that you did to each player and then I do the changes myself? I'd understand if you dont wish to undertake that though, as there doesn't seem to be any way besides you going through each player one by one, which would take ages! In that case, your post above would be very useful.

I'm guessing global edits won't quite have the same effect as what you do right? Because like you mentioned before, you look through every player and that's different to global edits.

My last question would be, do these changes that we make affect online play? I play online a lot, so if I make these changes, would it revert automatically to the original database online, or do I have to have a backup of my original OF to switch whenever I go online?

Edit: How do these changes affect ML? For example youth players etc. Sorry if any of these are noob questions.

Last edited:
As I posted in the not happy thread:

So who saw the Napoli v Manchester City game?

Those 3 goals were pure PES.
- glancing header at the near post which was dealt with poorly by the defender and keeper
- a backpass that went to the striker, who hits a shot parried straight to the striker
- a side footed shot that basically went under the keeper

There was also a 1 v 1 that went against the post and a few shots hit straight at the keeper.

If these events happened on a game of PES, some of you would be screaming blue murder! I understand some of you feel it's the lack of control that gets you upset but it's games like the one tonight where I feel that PES recreates so well. It's not always beautiful football that beats you. Sometimes it's luck or a mistake...

As I posted in the not happy thread:

So who saw the Napoli v Manchester City game?

Those 3 goals were pure PES.
- glancing header at the near post which was dealt with poorly by the defender and keeper
- a backpass that went to the striker, who hits a shot parried straight to the striker
- a side footed shot that basically went under the keeper

There was also a 1 v 1 that went against the post and a few shots hit straight at the keeper.

If these events happened on a game of PES, some of you would be screaming blue murder! I understand some of you feel it's the lack of control that gets you upset but it's games like the one tonight where I feel that PES recreates so well. It's not always beautiful football that beats you. Sometimes it's luck or a mistake...

I totally agree. I've been quiet on here of late because a) I've been having my own ding dongs over at PES Gaming b) the negativity on this thread is just astounding and c) because I've been having a blast with the game.

Here's something I rustled up Calcio, just why PES is head and shoulders above FIFA, and just why PES is superior in almost every area. I hope the whiners on here will take note! I have been experimenting with this and that, and appreciate that the gamespeed (in both FIFA and PES actually is a little too fast, I've toned that down now, but these videos were to display gameplay more than anything so keep that in mind)

I tried to post the entire thread here but you're only allowed a certain amount of characters, so here is the link if anyoine is interested!

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=88035

just why PES is head and shoulders above FIFA, and just why PES is superior in almost every area.

I've been following your quixotic quest to convince the world of PES2012's qualities with some interest. But you're obsessed with FIFA! Everything you write about PES2012 seems to end with "... huh, unlike in FIFA, where... [etc.]"

I challenge you to praise PES2012 without reference to FIFA at all for the duration of at least one week.

Because think back to the old days. When did PES ever need defending, and when it did, when was FIFA ever in the picture?

I'd like to see and hear more about PES2012's own qualities in its own respect. Is it only a good game in relation to another game's perceived shortcomings, or is it a good game in its own right? That's the question, I think.

I've been following your quixotic quest to convince the world of PES2012's qualities with some interest. But you're obsessed with FIFA! Everything you write about PES2012 seems to end with "... huh, unlike in FIFA, where... [etc.]"

I challenge you to praise PES2012 without reference to FIFA at all for the duration of at least one week.

Because think back to the old days. When did PES ever need defending, and when it did, when was FIFA ever in the picture?

I'd like to see and hear more about PES2012's own qualities in its own respect. Is it only a good game in relation to another game's perceived shortcomings, or is it a good game in its own right? That's the question, I think.

You miss the point completely.

I'm not obsessed with FIFA, in fact it hardly crosses my mind. Mu huge post over on PES Gaming was in fact to response that I was posting analysis of PES games, giving minute by minute account of why PES is so good, whilst also trying to teach the whiners about defensive aspects, and attacking play.

I was then challenged by some FIFA boys over on there, who said that I should, in the interest of fairness, at least compare and contrast.

Which I did. I had already uploaded Bolton and Arsenal videos for PES, and it just so happened that the two games on FIFA were Bolton and Arsenal.

I actually feel a little patronised that you would suggest that I obsess about FIFA; nothing could be further from the truth. I rarely play it, only rented it to disprove some myths that both FIFA players and indeed certain PES players are touting.

Such phrases like -

FIFA is more sim - how I challenge them? How can a sim have only one mode of CPU build up play, have no corners in 2x20 minutes games (40 minutes), have scripted goals left, right and centre, have no aerial game to speak of....I could go on, but I addressed this in my post.

I don't need a week not to mention FIFA pal, I'm quite happy discussing PES all day and all night (as the song goes), but IF I AM CHALLENGED OVER THE VALIDITY OF MY CLAIMS with opposer's saying about FIFA, then what am I supposed to do, compare PES to Sensible World of Soccer?

PES superior in almost every way than Fifa? Are you comparing PES 12 to Fifa 06? You cant be comparing it to Fifa 12 as Fifa 12 does tons of things better like...

Graphics
Sound
Animations
Defence system
Commentary
Shooting
Career Mode
Licenses (over 550 teams)

The only thing PES does better is the core gameplay but even that is as almost as tiresome as Fifa.

Last edited:
PES superior in almost every way than Fifa? Are you comparing PES 12 to Fifa 06? You cant be comparing it to Fifa 12 as Fifa 12 does tons of things better like...

Graphics
Sound
Animations
Defence system
Commentary
Shooting
Career Mode
Licenses (over 550 teams)

The only thing PES does better is the core gameplay but even that is as almost as tiresome as Fifa.

Disagree 100%

Please see this if you want me to back up my arguments. ESPECIALLY THE DEFENSIVE SYSTEMS which I go through at GREAT DETAIL!!

Then come back and say that PES is inferior!

Disagree 100%

Please see this if you want me to back up my arguments.

It's a great read, sure enough. I read the whole thing quickly, and might have missed your discussion of FIFA12's control settings (semi-assisted, manual etc.) and the new gameplay sliders? Or would you say that it's important to experience how a football game plays out of the box? If that's the case, how does that principle apply to the whole PES2012 experience? You wouldn't want to operate a double standard, I'm sure.

My experience of PES2012 is that your claims for it might be proven right long-term. I find it a great game, and think that those who've abandoned it are missing out. But how about that week-long challenge to talk about it without mentioning FIFA even in passing? I'd like to see you muster a similar impressively detailed argument for PES2012 solely in reference to its past iterations, and what we've come to expect from the series. How PES matches up to itself, not to another game.

So you're arguing that Konami's game's is miles better than EA's, yet you're basing this on a heavily modded PC version that radically alters game's core gameplay? That's not an argument that PES, as in the PES that Konami release, is 'brilliant' at all. You're basically saying the dude who does the gameplay patch is a genius and should be a game developer?

Sorry but how does that make Konami's product better than EA's? EA's game is a finished, un-edited, un-patched game straight out of the box, the other is a game you yourself have slated were it not for the brilliance of a member of the general public completely altering the core mechanics of the game's AI.

So then how have Konami, and not Jenkey, made a superior product?

So you're arguing that Konami's game's is miles better than EA's, yet you're basing this on a heavily modded PC version that radically alters game's core gameplay? That's not an argument that PES, as in the PES that Konami release, is 'brilliant' at all. You're basically saying the dude who does the gameplay patch is a genius and should be a game developer?

Sorry but how does that make Konami's product better than EA's? EA's game is a finished, un-edited, un-patched game straight out of the box, the other is a game you yourself have slated were it not for the brilliance of a member of the general public completely altering the core mechanics of the game's AI.

Very good point. if you compare two games you have to compare both official versions...not an heavenly patched with the original game. That is unfair to FIFA.

Although i prefer PES (because it's more of a simulation, i already explained that, searcht that post if you are interested), but FIFA clearly is the better game as a finished product and as a game (but not as a football simulation).

PES is a good football simulation with plenty of flaws (one of the biggest that the AI cheats).

Disagree 100%

Please see this if you want me to back up my arguments. ESPECIALLY THE DEFENSIVE SYSTEMS which I go through at GREAT DETAIL!!

Then come back and say that PES is inferior!

Having played both games extensively the points i make are plain to see but if you think PES is superior at everything then i guess there is nothing else to say.

Been away from the forums a while but I notice people are generally more positive about the game now. Guess everyone learned their trade or are coming to terms with some stuff in PES 2012, like me for instance.

Truth is, PES 2012 could be brilliant if it wasnt so half-arsed. We need better animations, less scripted moments and a couple features that just SHOULD be on any football game on the market. Changing clubs during ML comes to mind. Even on Top Player, there are times the game finally clicks and makes me feel I've never had such a good experience playing a football game.

It's a shame really, PES 2012 could be great.

Again, missing the point.

I categorically stated what I was reviewing and so there's no secret agenda there. I have also categorically said that PES PS3 isn't that great.

My post was in relation to the fact that FIFA fanboys saying how good their product is 'out of the box', and that you cannot get ANYTHING out of PES no matter what. I disagreed.

Essentially the KONAMI PES engine has always been there, it just that patches like 1.02 have just frozen the game up, for what reason I do not know.

Listen guys, I never stated that it was an apples v apples analysis, I was clear from the start. I argued that I had a version of PES that wasn't just better than FIFA out of the box, but that it was quite possibly the best football game of all time.

But I'm getting tired, really tired of lots of people. And you lot are probably getting tired of me. So the feeling is mutual. After today I'm going to follow the post I made on PES Gaming for a few days to see if I can gleen any feedback in making my product better and more sim (from the videos I have learnt already for example that gamespeed needs to be turned down and on further experiment today I set at number 83). I have two 'simulations videos' of the most realistic games all in now, in terms of game pace, and all the usual stuff I argue.

SO without further ado peeps, I bid your farewell from the forums, this honestly has become the most pessimistic place on Earth. Have fun playing whatever game you choose, I know I will.

Having played both games extensively the points i make are plain to see but if you think PES is superior at everything then i guess there is nothing else to say.

I have both games and FIFA looks more like football but I don't think it plays more like football when you really start dissecting it. Enough said I think though.

buddy - how did you get on with the shooting tips you got the other day? did they help?

I have both games and FIFA looks more like football but I don't think it plays more like football when you really start dissecting it. Enough said I think though.

buddy - how did you get on with the shooting tips you got the other day? did they help?

Yeah core gameplay in PES defo feels more like football than what Fifa does. However he was saying PES is superior in everything.

Tbh it made no difference, I then changed to directions 3oclock and 9oclock and again it made very little difference although i thought the accuracy increased a bit and scored a peach with Robben, although it could of been placebo with me just wanting the game to be great (will get it posed up :)

Hrmm ok. As long as you scored a peach though :P Yeah post it up mate.

One thing I notice though is sometimes I go 1 v 1 and hit it at the keeper but I look down at my hand and I actually aim to 9 o clock, which is straight at the keeper instead of to one of the posts.

Maybe the technique we explained does work but if the ball is too close to the player's foot there's not enough time for the direction to register after the power bar is up. That "might" explain some of them? Who knows.

Re: PES 2011 Discussion thread

When this game clicks it really clicks. Not all at once but brick by brick.
Like pieces of the jigsaw, one by one falling into place.
R2 is key in this one, the benefits from mastering it's uses can totally change games, or in my experience can totally redefine the way you play.
Offline is the new online for me. I'm halfway through the Premier League ML season, lying in fourth with a slightly modified Arsenal team. Battling on Professional. My first five games were at superstar level though.
Has anybody tried this level? Man U Pearson said it was insanely tough. I just thought it was just insane. Unbelievably difficult. I managed to win one out of five and was involved in a 6-5 thriller which Chelsea won.
It definitely increased my awareness and understanding of the game though.
I'm still going to go back up to that level depending on the match and would highly recommend it to anyone who would like to improve their overall perception of the game.
For someone who has caned this for god knows how long, I have been tactically naive. It's coming together beautifully now though.

Hrmm ok. As long as you scored a peach though :P Yeah post it up mate.

One thing I notice though is sometimes I go 1 v 1 and hit it at the keeper but I look down at my hand and I actually aim to 9 o clock, which is straight at the keeper instead of to one of the posts.

Maybe the technique we explained does work but if the ball is too close to the player's foot there's not enough time for the direction to register after the power bar is up. That "might" explain some of them? Who knows.

Here the goal, This was me pressing 3 o'clock direction when normally for the ball to go in that part of the net i'd be aiming between 5-6.

YouTube - PES 2012 Robben

Gorgeous finish there!

Now it's a tough one to decipher because his foot actually looks to aim one way but then it skews off the side of his foot slightly which is why the ball swerves away. So I'm not sure which post you actually aimed at there and if it went where you wanted.

Honestly though, looking at the finish, it doesn't matter :P

Here the goal, This was me pressing 3 o'clock direction when normally for the ball to go in that part of the net i'd be aiming between 5-6.

YouTube - PES 2012 Robben

I think you can take any direction straight out of the equation here. You have tried to shoot on his lesser foot, but due to his technique, he has opted to use his stronger foot by pulling off a Rabona. Amazing goal that.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom