PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

New update for 1.02 PS3 -

http://www.filesonic.com/file/3505744535/CHIMPS102D.rar

All premier league teams edited and tested specifically for 1.02 konami update.

Top teams in Italy, Spain, France and Holland also updated.

Players unrealistically rated either improved or decreased so that the game is much more balanced. The game should now be more challanging and more fluid and smooth, yet slightly slower.

Further updates to follow with more teams re-edited for 1.02.

Rapidshare/Megaupload etc please

Cheers mate

Patch 1.03, Konami introduce 'Ultra-superstar' difficulty; 11 players lined up on the goal-line, on each others shoulders, creating an impregnable defensive wall. HARDCORE FOOTBALL SIMULATION CHALLENGE.

Only way to score is by unlocking PES6's Adriano and shooting with the power maxed out, maiming anyone who gets in the way of it.

Bro - as I've said before - add me on Xbox if you want some good clean online games. Robo and I are in a community (there's at least him, me and another guy I know that all play "football" and play with respect and sportsmanship).

Already have mate, think we tried for PES 2011 but were never online at the same time being on opposite ends of the globe. :P

Besides, I don't have a gold account at the minute since PES 11 was the only game I ever played online I never bothered to renew it. If there's an active group I'll sign up for another month just to give it ago, as I can definitely see it being a decent game against sensible opposition.

GT; SensiDub6

Already have mate, think we tried for PES 2011 but were never online at the same time being on opposite ends of the globe. :P

Besides, I don't have a gold account at the minute since PES 11 was the only game I ever played online I never bothered to renew it. If there's an active group I'll sign up for another month just to give it ago, as I can definitely see it being a decent game against sensible opposition.

GT; SensiDub6

Ahhhh that's right. I always was looking out for Dannyfc :P

Have you fully used your 3 trial months with Xbox live? I'm pretty sure you can get 1 free trial month under 3 separate email accounts - so my mate tells me. Whether you want to do it now or around the Xmas break I'll be on a fair bit and can give you some games.

I hope they leave it as it is, but I don't think they will. I have spent a lot of time editing it for 1.02 and will be sick if they change it again for 1.03 any time soon

WENB have said to expect more patches, If they fix the defensive lines that would be enough for me to buy it back, Playing Fifa 12 last night and PES 2012 demo2 the defensive lines are very similar and extremely realistic in their positioning but due to this having to protect the keepers in PES 2012 because they are awful it has just totally messed Pes up.

Fired up the game last night and had two friendlies of Spain (me) V Holland.

First game it was all me but I couldn’t get the ball in the net and with 10 mins to go Holland put together a nice flowing move which ended with Roben rounding my keeper for a nice finish. Full Time 0-1.

Second game. The match ebbed and flowed with me having most of the chances. In the 80th minute a loose ball fell to Iniesta who smacked it in the top corner from 25 yards. Game over? Not quite. In last minute Robben got down the right and whipped in a low cross which everyone slid into and missed……..except Elia who tapped home. So on to penalties. I scored 3 and saved their 3!!

Two good games. Will start a Master League tonight.

Really am thinking of swapping my 360 for a PC to get the best out of this game. The patches people do look and sound great.

Nice post Makky, it's nice to hear about people losing and taking it on the chin rather than whining 'cheat' like little bitches.
Thanks Jimmy.
I would still like to win a CL on Professional difficulty, but you will never hear me whingeing if I don't.
There was no cheating or scripting at all by the CPU AI in those QF matches.
I simply wasn't good enough.

I tell you one thing i do actually think is an underrated merit of this game. The difference in playing good teams and bad teams. They generally do not feel the same from my experience.

I started a league with Wigan and so far have played Newcastle, Blackburn and Arsenal thus far. First match against Newcastle they felt pretty good but not that special. I lost 2-1 pretty fairly because my defence played poorly. I then played Blackburn who felt thoroughly worse and as such i beat them 2-0. Then it came to Arsenal and they absolutely bossed me out of the game and i lost 3-0. They were simply much much better then me. Though they scored a fucking terrible goal where Wilshere bicycle volleyed it from outside the area and Chamakh scored from Al Habsi's parry. I've noticed that with the newest patch these kind of bicycle shots have been creeping back in.

My difficulty setting has been Professional and I switched Jenkey's scripting AI off (i'm not sure what it does exactly but since it's been off i haven't felt any evidence of horrible scripting so i assume it does something).

One of these days i played one of the best games ever in all pes (since pes 2), and i'm not talking about games that end up in 7-0 or anything like that! i'm talking about a Real Madrid 4-3 Barcelona (me being real).

The game started equally, and by the half-hour i was down 0-2, until in the last minute of the first half in a fast counter, Ronaldo put the ball between the legs of Valdes! Half-time - Real 1-2 Barça

The second half was diabolic!!! Barça did not pass to my midfield once until 70min and in that time the score was already in 4-2 (thanks to Valdes! it could have been 6-2 or more). From the 70 or 75min, Barça reacted and reduced to 4-3 in the 80min.

But it was the quality of the game that i really enjoyed! Very challenging, great moves, everything was incredible! Great game of FOOTBALL!!!

Yo. I've been giving the latest update a go these past few days. Firstly for a few exhibition matches and then in my unedited-stats ML career. I don't personally like it and have reverted back to 1.00, my edited option file and the ML I started with that. New version reminded me too much of 1.01 but with a couple of general improvements elsewhere. Which wasn't enough for me.

Got used to the heavier pressure in exhibition matches, but then when I got to Master League, I went from experiencing all sorts of matches to experiencing the same kind of matches, over & over. It's tit for tat goal-scoring (if I can keep up the pace). If I scored a goal, they would do too, regardless of me flicking to any of my formation presets, backing off, pressurizing... It's the way it happened. The last straw was a 5-4 defeat to WBA, injury time winner, with yes their 5th attempt of the game. Deflection pinball in midfield, free-kick for nothing to the side of my penalty area and then this. Joyous moment

Frustrating as hell - but it does happen in real life. Maybe the animation of him not looking like he is going to clear it makes it look worse but there's confusion, lack of reaction etc and the ball bundles in off his foot. Sometimes they hit the post and stay out and sometimes they roll in.

I'm finding a recurring theme here and it's not pointed at anyone but it seems that people want to be in control. If something happens and it represents football realistically but you didn't mean it or you couldn't stop it, then people get upset.

For example, in a real game, when a striker is heading towards goal and tries to hit a shot to the corner but hits it weakly or straight at the keeper (which happens a lot in real life) it's annoying for him and for the fans but he knows there was something not quite right about the way he hit the ball. If it happens on PES, where someone aims for one side and it goes straight or weakly at the keeper, instead of acknowledging that the same scenario in real life could have yielded the same outcome, it's cheating or lazy programming - "why do I keep trusting Konami?" bla bla bla bla.

As my very devout FIFA playing friend says, FIFA is about how good the person on the controller is, not necessarily how good the player on screen is. This was in response to a discussion about how on PES, Messi is quite visibly one of the best players in the game, but on FIFA he's okay but not standout because he lacks physical strength and presence and his dribbling can't be utilised as well.

If you want full control of your gameplay experience, play FIFA and maybe play full manual. It's rewarding when it comes off but once you master it, the game and shooting can still become "samey". But if you're playing PES, respect that it's not consistent with some things, because if they were that consistent in real life, scorelines would be a lot higher and we would see a lot less mistakes...which is not true.

Not to bang on about it but it dawned on me that since i've put on Jenkey's patch and installed patch 1.02 that i haven't had one unfair result. As well as a couple of exhibition match i've played, I'm playing in a league with Wigan and all the results have been justified.

My scores are lower too. Before i was complaining about every single game ending in a high score. Now i haven't changed anything about my play and the past couple of matches have been 1-0, 0-2, 3-0, 0-3, 5-2, 2-1. Okay they aren't that low but they're certainly lower than all the 4-4, 4-3 and 5-4 games that i was getting all the time before. Is it down to the anti-scripting thing being turned on? It's no longer i score you score from the computer.

I am going to complain about something though. The CPU is absolutely awful at anticipating my defenders. If they get 1 v 1 they never bother to a) run in a direction other than straight forward so i always seem to be able to just slide tackle them or B) (if they're too far ahead to be caught) Never really pay much attention to my keeper's position. I'll just charge him at them drawing him far from his line. They could just take it round him but they never do. They just shoot at him. Sometimes it works and they score if it goes through his body but mostly he'll save it.

I won't be held responsible for the CPU's downfalls though. I'm not going to let them score in a situation like that because they can't do so conventionally.

Interesting - I always get pumped for bringing the keeper out then getting sidestepped or they do a fake shot and score into the empty net. Once I get install an OF I might look at making some of these changes that chimps has been and then I'll commence proper ML.

Not to bang on about it but it dawned on me that since i've put on Jenkey's patch and installed patch 1.02 that i haven't had one unfair result. As well as a couple of exhibition match i've played, I'm playing in a league with Wigan and all the results have been justified.

My scores are lower too. Before i was complaining about every single game ending in a high score. Now i haven't changed anything about my play and the past couple of matches have been 1-0, 0-2, 3-0, 0-3, 5-2, 2-1. Okay they aren't that low but they're certainly lower than all the 4-4, 4-3 and 5-4 games that i was getting all the time before. Is it down to the anti-scripting thing being turned on? It's no longer i score you score from the computer.

I am going to complain about something though. The CPU is absolutely awful at anticipating my defenders. If they get 1 v 1 they never bother to a) run in a direction other than straight forward so i always seem to be able to just slide tackle them or B) (if they're too far ahead to be caught) Never really pay much attention to my keeper's position. I'll just charge him at them drawing him far from his line. They could just take it round him but they never do. They just shoot at him. Sometimes it works and they score if it goes through his body but mostly he'll save it.

I won't be held responsible for the CPU's downfalls though. I'm not going to let them score in a situation like that because they can't do so conventionally.

Absolutely spot on, something I noticed when I used his initial beta patches many weeks ago.

I had to reinstall my drive yesterday, too much clutter and what not and put everything back on from scratch. Put all the PES stuff back on and continued to play. During the use of Jenkey's I had some awesome games; I had a few low scoring one-nils, I had the average 2-1 type games, but I even had a 6-2 v CD Nacional in the Europa Cup, a wonderful one off display where everything went right for me. All this on Superstar. The football I can now play on Jenkey's is quite something at times. The CPU maintain a higher percentage of possession than in ANY other variation of the game, when I'm at my peak I can get to 60% possession, but normally it'a around the 55/56% area, which to be honest ain't bad.

If there's one issue with Jenkey's stuff, and people are going laugh cos that's all I've been harping about, but it's the fact that the game is now perfectly balanced is causing a little issue for me. It's just TOO FAIR, if you know what I mean lol! I have no issue with any of the goals the CPU score, but because of the fairness factor and I know it's a dual of the best, I feel more confident that my PES powers can outshine my CPU's. Saying that I lost 2-1 to Wigan and lost to Man Utd 2-1, so lost two out of my last 5 games. But I don't feel powerless if you know what I mean....it's hard to explain.

When I loaded my stuff up yesterday I forgot to change anything, and so just went into the game. Fulham were all over me, they went two nil up inside 30 minutes, one goal was straight out of the Barcelona school of goal scoring, one two's around the penalty area, and a stunning low drive Johnson finish.

I was so overwhelmed I checked the settings to find that, indeed to God, I had used the default Jenkey settings. The two bits of Jenkey's that interest me the most are the GAMESPEED and REMOVAL OF CHEAT SCRIPT, it's quite astounding their impact. Gamespeed was set to default but the normal default is a little too fast for me, so I normally use 95. And I normally have the 'removal CPU script' checked. With these things set to their default (ie 100, and unchecked removal CPU script) the game is radically different again.

SO...I'm kind of stuff between a rock and a hard place. I've had so much fun using Jenkey's, with all the stuff set appropriately, it's not like I'm running away with the league either, I'm fourth. The games have been a triumph, and it's quite possibly the best PES/footy experience I've ever had....

and yet, ever the perfectionist, at the moment it feels just TOO perfect.

The game as it stands, using the mods, is near enough football perfection, it give it a 9/10. He's even added the keeper swinging on the bar animation like they do sometimes, or was that in the game anyway, I don't know?

BUT, what I'm going to do today as an experiment is leave the CPU script cheat in and see how my games pan out, Fulham really surprised me last night and at the end of the first half they had 53% possession, this never happens to me, and is probably my Holy Grail that I get a realistic football game, possession stats wise, together with the threat they pose combined with fairness for me and the CPU.

I'll report my findings!

Started a Master League last night with Ath Madrid.
Signed Neymar (£12m) and Dzeko (£24m) to strengthen my attack as I only really had Falcao.
Ive also put half of them on the transfer list.

One little thing that annoys me re ML is loan players. On Fifas mode a loan player will go back to his club at the end of the year where as on ML they wont. Great if you have a good loan signing like me in Diego but bad if (like me!) you have about 3 players that are dog turd. I cant get rid of them!!!

Interesting - I always get pumped for bringing the keeper out then getting sidestepped or they do a fake shot and score into the empty net. Once I get install an OF I might look at making some of these changes that chimps has been and then I'll commence proper ML.

I used to get that problem with bringing keepers out then started to bring them out half way and then as the forward got to the box, run out at them again. It may be down to that tactic or that I improved my keepers in the option file, but it rarely ever happens now

If you improve keepers, dom't just change the obvious stats, up their ball control. This seems to make a big difference, especially if you put it up to the 70-80's.

Back
Top Bottom