PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

A couple of questions regarding chants:

1. Do the chants work the same as PES2011 i.e. repeat over and over with little break between them?

2. Are there any professional sounding chant packs out there? I've got loads of chants saved on my laptop but most are really poor quality, lack fade-in/outs and the volume levelling is all over the place. I normally end up erasing them because they sound crap.

Yes, would be good if dive worked when you time it well. Like the times you get a little nudge forcing your player into a stumble. Time your dive right and you should get a freekick. Time it too early or late and it should be a yellow. Has anyone dived successfully? It's a pretty pointless inclusion right now other than for pissing about.

As the button combination is too complicated, I use the link feints for diving.

And it works if you time it right. When your player starts to stumble that's when you dive. If you've timed it right the ref will give you a free-kick.

Like i said in a previous post, the difference of opinions on this game are quite startling. Some like it, some don't. Some like it then don't.
Patch 1.02 has definitely made the game more football orientated, and much more difficult. The balance between open attacking football, or defensive patient build up styles of play are there for all to see. The delicate balance between arcade and simulation is also there for all to see.
Post ps2 era, there has been absolutely nothing on this generation of consoles that has even touched this.
Pes for life and death.

Like i said in a previous post, the difference of opinions on this game are quite startling. Some like it, some don't. Some like it then don't.
Patch 1.02 has definitely made the game more football orientated, and much more difficult. The balance between open attacking football, or defensive patient build up styles of play are there for all to see. The delicate balance between arcade and simulation is also there for all to see.
Post ps2 era, there has been absolutely nothing on this generation of consoles that has even touched this.
Pes for life and death.

I disagree.

I have two versions at the moment, a modded PC version (with Jenkey's) and a PS3 version.

For me, balance is the key in football games, I am aiming for as close to simulation as possible with regards to all sorts of areas.

1) The modded PC version - Superstar, 17mins, zero assists

Key word - BALANCED - games ebb and flow, I have periods of possessive dominance, the CPU have periods of possessive dominance. I don't have to MAKE the game do anything, I just plays out and things fall into place. Because of the added ball weight and shot power, shots are now more realistic and stay lower and passes are more crisp.

After 17 minutes against a good/world class team, possession is normally around the 52/53% mark for me, I can play a free game and mix things up with short passing, long ball play, because I know that the CPU in Superstar is totally fair. By fair I mean this; headers are won equally, the ball bounces equally, I have as much chance of skinning their players as they have of skinning mine. I can use momentum/inertia against the CPU and craft moves in tight areas to give space somewhere else because the CPU is very good, but has that human touch.

I can counter them if they dish up possession in the wrong areas, I can press them high up the pitch if I wanted. Players move about, from the midfielders to the strikers, goalies are more robust, the stats at the end of the game show a realistic affair. I have mentioned possession but things like shot count are realistic, cards and fouls realistic. All this is included whether I win, lose, or draw. It's about as close to realism as I can get a game.

2) PS3 version - Superstar, 20mins, zero assists

FUCK ME....this is the general pattern, because passing isn't crisp etc it allows for the CPU to get behind the ball easily even if you have crafted the space. I had a match against Norwich last night....I had 68% possession lol.

Norwich rarely attacked apart from the good old counter. To win at this level, you have to keep the ball for ages, I mean like 5-7 minutes of actual in-game time. The game inevitably falls into me attack for long periods, them counter pattern for the full 20 minutes. Shots are blocked, the CPU have an advantage over you with regards to fouls etc where the referee waves play on when they barge you out of the way. Players like Gerrard get constantly dispossessed as the CPU man just runs through him.

Shots are still floaty, there's much more noticeable scripting. Headers are generally won by the CPU, your defenders get pulled about left, right and centre, and if the CPU gets to the wing and crosses just watch in awe as your red arrow CB tries to play the offside trap inside the six yard box. I won 1-0; enjoyment factor 0, game soul factor 0.

So there's my side by side comparison of the two modes I have at my disposal. One mode I just play the game and it feels alive but with everything turning out realistic, and the other mode where I consciously have to MAKE IT WORK.

Now, if the PS3 mode had the CPU keeping possession as much as you have to, then it may add to the overall experience, but at the moment I see no joy whatsoever in me camping 25 yards from their goal, and having close to 70% possession.

Judging by that comment then you should just play pc version.

On ps3 it's good as long as you don't play 15 minute matches, chimps patch has made it much better and I'm finding the possession spot on.

So go and play pc and stop dissing the ps 3

Judging by that comment then you should just play pc version.

On ps3 it's good as long as you don't play 15 minute matches, chimps patch has made it much better and I'm finding the possession spot on.

So go and play pc and stop dissing the ps 3

Right, okay Nadge, thanks for that contribution.

For a second there I thought this was a forum, and I thought I had the right to say what I felt as I paid for the PS3 US version (£40), the UK version (£40) and the PC version £30....I am obviously wrong Nadge, and I bow to your direction.

PS

On another note, and I've noticed this across the forums, PS3 owners are very precious when it comes to criticising their little console, I just don't get it.

Do you think that I have some sacred affinity to the PC? Do you think there is an anti-PS3 movement afoot? Do you think that I like going up and down stairs carrying this tv and that, changing this setting and that - for a month? Nothing would please me more than to use one version of the two that I bought for the PS3 in the comfort of my living room where I bought a 50" plasma just so that primarily I could play my beloved PES in comfort with quality. But that's not the case. Neither is it the case I can play the PC version on its own, without modding it significantly.

But it is what it is at the moment; and at the moment the PC version, in my opinion, is now near enough perfect, whereas the PS3 version (and I'm still on total hold with my opinion until Chimps does his magic with his patch) is rubbish.

But having said ALL THAT NADGE, what is the point of even discussing these things in detail and at length, you're right, I have no right in posting what I think. Thanks for correcting me.

I disagree.

I have two versions at the moment, a modded PC version (with Jenkey's) and a PS3 version.

For me, balance is the key in football games, I am aiming for as close to simulation as possible with regards to all sorts of areas.

1) The modded PC version - Superstar, 17mins, zero assists

Key word - BALANCED - games ebb and flow, I have periods of possessive dominance, the CPU have periods of possessive dominance. I don't have to MAKE the game do anything, I just plays out and things fall into place. Because of the added ball weight and shot power, shots are now more realistic and stay lower and passes are more crisp.

After 17 minutes against a good/world class team, possession is normally around the 52/53% mark for me, I can play a free game and mix things up with short passing, long ball play, because I know that the CPU in Superstar is totally fair. By fair I mean this; headers are won equally, the ball bounces equally, I have as much chance of skinning their players as they have of skinning mine. I can use momentum/inertia against the CPU and craft moves in tight areas to give space somewhere else because the CPU is very good, but has that human touch.

I can counter them if they dish up possession in the wrong areas, I can press them high up the pitch if I wanted. Players move about, from the midfielders to the strikers, goalies are more robust, the stats at the end of the game show a realistic affair. I have mentioned possession but things like shot count are realistic, cards and fouls realistic. All this is included whether I win, lose, or draw. It's about as close to realism as I can get a game.

2) PS3 version - Superstar, 20mins, zero assists

FUCK ME....this is the general pattern, because passing isn't crisp etc it allows for the CPU to get behind the ball easily even if you have crafted the space. I had a match against Norwich last night....I had 68% possession lol.

Norwich rarely attacked apart from the good old counter. To win at this level, you have to keep the ball for ages, I mean like 5-7 minutes of actual in-game time. The game inevitably falls into me attack for long periods, them counter pattern for the full 20 minutes. Shots are blocked, the CPU have an advantage over you with regards to fouls etc where the referee waves play on when they barge you out of the way. Players like Gerrard get constantly dispossessed as the CPU man just runs through him.

Shots are still floaty, there's much more noticeable scripting. Headers are generally won by the CPU, your defenders get pulled about left, right and centre, and if the CPU gets to the wing and crosses just watch in awe as your red arrow CB tries to play the offside trap inside the six yard box. I won 1-0; enjoyment factor 0, game soul factor 0.

So there's my side by side comparison of the two modes I have at my disposal. One mode I just play the game and it feels alive but with everything turning out realistic, and the other mode where I consciously have to MAKE IT WORK.

Now, if the PS3 mode had the CPU keeping possession as much as you have to, then it may add to the overall experience, but at the moment I see no joy whatsoever in me camping 25 yards from their goal, and having close to 70% possession.
Just to clarify.
The comments in my post were referring to online games and offline multi player only.
Online speed is still just a little fast, but the game plays out much better than it did with patch 1.01. In that version i could easily win games online and it felt very arcadey. Now I have to think about how i'm going to break down the opposition. The game now requires you to play it as if you were in a real football match.
Of course this all depends on who you play and what settings they are using.
I don't really play that much offline but if I did, it would definitely be on the PC version.

Right, okay Nadge, thanks for that contribution.

For a second there I thought this was a forum, and I thought I had the right to say what I felt as I paid for the PS3 US version (£40), the UK version (£40) and the PC version £30....I am obviously wrong Nadge, and I bow to your direction.

PS

On another note, and I've noticed this across the forums, PS3 owners are very precious when it comes to criticising their little console, I just don't get it.

Do you think that I have some sacred affinity to the PC? Do you think there is an anti-PS3 movement afoot? Do you think that I like going up and down stairs carrying this tv and that, changing this setting and that - for a month? Nothing would please me more than to use one version of the two that I bought for the PS3 in the comfort of my living room where I bought a 50" plasma just so that primarily I could play my beloved PES in comfort with quality. But that's not the case. Neither is it the case I can play the PC version on its own, without modding it significantly.

But it is what it is at the moment; and at the moment the PC version, in my opinion, is now near enough perfect, whereas the PS3 version (and I'm still on total hold with my opinion until Chimps does his magic with his patch) is rubbish.

But having said ALL THAT NADGE, what is the point of even discussing these things in detail and at length, you're right, I have no right in posting what I think. Thanks for correcting me.

Magic done (hopefully) for premier league teams. I will be trying to get the other European teams done today, though my girlfriend is probably at the limit of getting sick of it and I have a match this afternoon

Played a few games last night on professional with ten minute matches and had some most enjoyable matches. It's like a different game i.e. more balanced and realistic with less crazy pressuring and bus-parking.

Professional still offers me a decent challenge as I'm not the best player. I think the ten minute time frame works much better for the this game too. Finally I'm a happy camper. :))

Professional will be too easy for me, so the only option is top player or the one that suits me best, superstar. I also have to play a minimum of fifteen minutes. I also don't mind spending longer in possession trying to break a team down, provided the Cpu keep the ball somewhere near enough 45 per cent of the time. What I have now on the PS3 is ridiculous possession stats in my favour. I hate Fifa, but it's times like this I wish KONAMI would just implement a little bit of Fifa's illusory build up play code, where the cpu just makes me chase around a little.

sorry but i used jenkeys patch, updated to the new patch, and fucking hated it. 1.0 is still where it is at, not even sure what jenkeys patch really does to be honest. I played 1.0 without it and I was happy. Played last night with all the new stuff and it was same issues as before.

sorry but i used jenkeys patch, updated to the new patch, and fucking hated it. 1.0 is still where it is at, not even sure what jenkeys patch really does to be honest. I played 1.0 without it and I was happy. Played last night with all the new stuff and it was same issues as before.

+1 for 1.00

Look at someone like Gascoigne, thick as shit, but ask the players that played with him and against him about his footballing brain, and they'll tell you that someone like him just did, he had the extra time as half the game was already laid out in his head.

Yes Gascoigne always knew how he would get wasted after a match.:BRMM::SHOCK::YAWN::CONFUSE:

jenkeys patch with 1.02..

Yeh I tried that and played 3 games last night....I dunno, the games seemed dull often 4 or 5 players all run to my man on the ball when near the box liek a pack of wolves lmao

They need to fix this. Ive heard of doubleteam but qaudrouple team lol.

jenkeys patch with 1.02..

Yeh I tried that and played 3 games last night....I dunno, the games seemed dull often 4 or 5 players all run to my man on the ball when near the box liek a pack of wolves lmao

They need to fix this. Ive heard of doubleteam but qaudrouple team lol.

I can't disagree with this. I find it less annoying than the CPU packing the box though.

Patch 1.03, Konami introduce 'Ultra-superstar' difficulty; 11 players lined up on the goal-line, on each others shoulders, creating an impregnable defensive wall. HARDCORE FOOTBALL SIMULATION CHALLENGE.

Only way to score is by unlocking PES6's Adriano and shooting with the power maxed out, maiming anyone who gets in the way of it.

Last edited:
I can't disagree with this. I find it less annoying than the CPU packing the box though.

so jenky coudltnfix this?

Does 1.00 have this issue

so its either cou pack the box or run at you liek pack of wolves.

I dont understand why they have this. It should be only 2 players at max pressure and rest hold their postition.

Weirdly even when they team up on you I see no teammates in space which is odd

Patch 1.03, Konami introduce 'Ultra-superstar' difficulty; 11 players lined up on the goal-line, on each others shoulders, creating an impregnable defensive wall. HARDCORE FOOTBALL SIMULATION CHALLENGE.

Only way to score is by unlocking PES6's Adriano and shooting with the power maxed out, maiming anyone who gets in the way of it.
Quality.

Jenkeys newest patch, Ball weight full (4), shot power 38, curving shot, new net physics and game speed 95 plays the best for me. The games I've played over the last few days have been the best since the full game came out.

:WORSHIP:

Mentioned earlier that I don't really play that much offline, so decided to start a CL campaign. Wish i'd done it earlier.
Used AC Milan, Professional difficulty, 20 minute matches.
Cruised through the group stage: P6,W5,D0,L1. GF17, GA11.
The other three teams in the group were Zenit St. Petersburg, Panathinaikos and KRC Genk.
Pretty realistic statistics I thought. AC Milan would probably cruise through this group in a real CL.

Onto the knockout stage where i was drawn against Shakhtar Donetsk.
First leg 3-2, where I scored the winner deep in injury time. Out of all the games i'd played so far this was the first where I noticed the opposing team defended very deep, parking the bus. It only happened when the game was at 1-1 though. I suspect with them playing at home and with it being the knockout stage they were playing for the draw. Still pretty realistic.
Got a little crazy in the second leg with me winning 10-1, the 1 being an own goal. 13-3 on aggregate then.

Time for the Quarter Finals, where I was drawn against Real Madrid. First leg at the Bernabau, 4-1 to them. They were on it aided by some terrible defending by me.
Second leg at home was a real thriller. Van Bommel was sent off after 20 minutes and I was 3-0 up at half time and heading for the semis with the away goal. For the first time on this PES (except for the occasional online game), I was like fucking yes get in. Went 4-0 up after the break and was loving it.
Then it all went tragically wrong. They came at me like they did in the first leg and tore me to shreds, winning 5-4, 9-5 on agg.
Two of their goals were identical but very cheeky. The goalkeeper ran out on both occasions on his own accord. Higuan was clean through, then stopped and calmly rounded him and put it away. I was sat there open mouthed after that, as I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Twice.
This game was completely end to end. Marvellous stuff.

The possession was very even over the whole eight games, with me slightly edging it in most. 55% being the highest. Not quite sure about the stats in the last game as I was still in shock.

Definitely going to play a lot more offline now, especially if there is more drama like this. There was me after about four games in thinking Professional was too easy. How wrong I turned out to be.

Last edited:
New update for 1.02 PS3 -

http://www.filesonic.com/file/3505744535/CHIMPS102D.rar

All premier league teams edited and tested specifically for 1.02 konami update.

Top teams in Italy, Spain, France and Holland also updated.

Players unrealistically rated either improved or decreased so that the game is much more balanced. The game should now be more challanging and more fluid and smooth, yet slightly slower.

Further updates to follow with more teams re-edited for 1.02.

Me likes it!

New update for 1.02 PS3 -

http://www.filesonic.com/file/3505744535/CHIMPS102D.rar

All premier league teams edited and tested specifically for 1.02 konami update.

Top teams in Italy, Spain, France and Holland also updated.

Players unrealistically rated either improved or decreased so that the game is much more balanced. The game should now be more challanging and more fluid and smooth, yet slightly slower.

Further updates to follow with more teams re-edited for 1.02.

top man

Back
Top Bottom