PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

My pc that I have is a few years old I was gonna sell it for 200-250.

I play at 1080p full details. So I guess yo coudl pick up a pc for that price.

I have my pc connected to a 24 and 40 inch hdtv and use either ps2/3 pad or 360 controller....classy.

What spec does it need to be in order to play something like pes and how do you get 360 controller to work on it? Thanks.

When you said that the teams I had done so far were almost spot on, what do you think they were missing?

i think that once the players are right its getting the formations correct eg pushing the midfielders up etc.

myself personally i would not use the long ball option at all as they really do just ooof it.

the main thing i can see is the pressure, as ive said anything above 10 is too much.
i played against chelsea with spurs and put their pressure on 7 which i feel is about right.

their first tactic was possession game but as soon as they kicked off the cpu changed it to long ball so i deleted that setting and did a few variations of posseion game and standard tactics.

i will have another play tonight with various teams and report back
thanks again for youre help

What spec does it need to be in order to play something like pes and how do you get 360 controller to work on it? Thanks.

Well my pc easily plays this game on 1080 and high details. I dont know the minimum. I can only tell you by reading the box but maybe its not as good as my pc.

BUt if you want my specs you are talking

3gb ram ddr2.....buy for like 20-30 quid

5770 1gb graphics card..............used 50-60 quid

2.23ghz CPu dual core intel (which I overclocked to 2.8)...used about 20 quid

Off course you also need case, Power supply etc...

But you can buy sysmtms better than mine already build up for like 300 quid or thereabouts on webistes like Aria I think. rg..this is 300 quid and I reckon would play PEs well at high detials.

http://www.aria.co.uk/Systems/Gamin.../+FREE+Steam+Voucher+DiRT+3!+?productId=46774

I have 360 controller for windows. It just plugs in usb slot and works automatically.

Thanks

What are the pros and cons of pc gaming?
Also regarding online gaming do you have to pay like xbox live?

online is free.

There really are no cons of PC gaming for me.

For me the only things considered a con are to a newbie or non techy guy. For example, often for games you have to apply patches and install and know where file locations are etc...This is simple stuff but if you are not used to using a PC could be confusing at 1st.

Also, its not as plug and play as a conole. You have to boot up etc then load game. thats a con I guess.

Also you can get problems and crashes and stuff that is rare but at times can happen due to problems perhaps with your hardware/drviers/software and stuff. You dont get issues like this on a console. it just works out the tin as they say.

The pros:

Well the main pros are most things are moddable as we discuss PES but any game. MOdders can fix and edit files for most games to enhacne gamign expereince etc..

Better grahpics. A decent PC can deliver much more stunning quality graphics than console.

Power. Also more power means faster loading times, more players online, more frames per second etc..

PATCH 1.02 IMPRESSIONS...

I preferred version 1.00 to version 1.01, but very happy overall with the new patch, i think this patch offers a good balance between version 1.00 and 1.01. The game has firmly clicked for me, now Iv'e said that Norwich will beat me 5-0 in offline master league:CONFUSE:

- Long passing has a bit more variation, I feel long passing was better on pes 2011 but thankfully the patch has improved this area for me, I notice more error and variation at 0 pass assist. Manual long passing with LT is not as free as last year though.

- Keepers more consistent, last night De Gea made some outstanding saves and held onto shots he would have parried in version 1.00, I am one of the rare people who like the individuality in pes's keepers despite some horrendous errors from time to time

- Shooting has more zip and slightly weightier.

- Games feel more considered than 1.00, I play at -2 speed feels great to me.

- AI can sit a bit too deep at times but not as frustrating to play as version 1.01 which almost felt like playing fifa 11 AI(not a complement btw). Games have more variation.

- Crossing still too automated but pace has more variation and overall feels more satisfying, however the game needs manual cross back.

These are my initial impressions after 8 matches, superstar difficulty -2 speed 0 pass assist.

I would do this.

1) Install the game out of the box.
2) Install PESEDIT latest version (for all the kits, teams, players, and the option to utilise Sky Sports style scoreboards and use the Npower league as division two)
3) Install Jenkey's patch
dude.

Ok i have isntalled but what I to do with all the options inside the setup. Nothing?

enable...stuff?
enb series...etc...

Just had 1 quick game without editing anything. It played nice

Ok i have isntalled but what I to do with all the options inside the setup. Nothing?

enable...stuff?
enb series...etc...

Just had 1 quick game without editing anything. It played nice

The first screen of Jenkey's I just leave untouched, everything unchecked leave unchecked, to be honest I haven't got a clue what half of them do either.

Just change the actual gameplay options and away to go!

On the PC spec thing, I have an old AMD Athlon Dual core, pretty basic graphics card, 2gb ram, etc and have no problem getting the game to look good. I'm guessing that a newer rig these days and you could crank the LOD up to the highest setting no problem!

kool.

Having been playing pes12 and fifa12 and looking back at pes5/6 etc...Dotn you think that FIFA12 moreso represents the next gen Pes3-6?

It seems to me the balance between simulation/aracde is more like old PEs on fifa 12. Whereas new PEs is more advanced simulation?

Somewhat?

I mean FIFA 12 is just like an advacned pes4 or something

kool.

Having been playing pes12 and fifa12 and looking back at pes5/6 etc...Dotn you think that FIFA12 moreso represents the next gen Pes3-6?

It seems to me the balance between simulation/aracde is more like old PEs on fifa 12. Whereas new PEs is more advanced simulation?

Somewhat?

I mean FIFA 12 is just like an advacned pes4 or something

Pes is no way a simulation, to be a simulation you have to mimic real life, what part of PES 2012 mimics real life?

Running aimation? No
Shooting animation? No
Passing animation? No
The single crossing animation? No
Occasional bit of play? Yes
The look/Graphics? Maybe 50/50
The sound? God No

PES is no way a simulation, Same as Fifa that is not a simualtion either but it does do more things that are considered sim like. In the end both games are trying to be realistic but both fail badly.

Pes is no way a simulation, to be a simulation you have to mimic real life, what part of PES 2012 mimics real life?

Running aimation? No
Shooting animation? No
Passing animation? No
The single crossing animation? No
Occasional bit of play? Yes
The look/Graphics? Maybe 50/50
The sound? God No

PES is no way a simulation, Same as Fifa that is not a simualtion either but it does do more things that are considered sim like. In the end both games are trying to be realistic but both fail badly.

yes ive seen this argument before in this thread.

I dotn mean full on sim like flight sim etc..

But what I mean is FIFA 12 feels more like old PEs than new PES in many ways especially pick up and play and arcadey type stuff.

yes ive seen this argument before in this thread.

I dotn mean full on sim like flight sim etc..

But what I mean is FIFA 12 feels more like old PEs than new PES in many ways especially pick up and play and arcadey type stuff.

Both games this year are pick up and play especially PES this year which is by far the easier of the two games to play, my wife's wee bro is hopeless at Football games but he does enjoy playing them......he's beat me twice already with PES, With Fifa i beat him by double figures everyother game and he hasnt came close to beating me.

Personally i think both games are very much like PES on PS2 with both games missing the magic from PES on PS2. :)

It just all adds to the experience for me now. Before I wasn't too bothered about graphics and such, FIFA has always owned PES in that regard. Even today I'm 85% dependent on gameplay v anything else, that's why I still always opt for PES over FIFA. But we are approaching the year 2012, and on the PC, I can have stunning grass textures and player models and crowd detail, scoreboards ala Sky Sports and ESPN, Npower second divisions, camera tweaks, gameplay patches the lot, all fully customisable, sitting in my chair, just exporting files into the directory nice and easy with a mouse.

I currently have near enough the perfect lads room now, which I also use for work lol

I have a small form factor PC attached to a 22" monitor for work stuff, and my 37" LCD monitor attached to a PC and Playstation with a sofa three yards away from it. It's gaming heaven.

PES 2012 now on the PC looks a right picture, even the textures of the grass and stadiums just add that extra layer of gaming experience for me.

I figure from now on, I'm going to use the PS3 for shoot em ups and such, and I'm leaving things like football games for the PC, especially PES which requires a multitude of alterations yourself before it even begins to become playable.

This is where FIFA will continue to rule and PES continue to fade, in this day and age you seriously cannot expect people to have the amount of obsessive compulsion and dedication two months after release just to make it fkin work; but that's where we are right now. It's taken me three different purchases, around 100 hours of pissing about with every known PES combination of settings known to mankind, an aching back from carrying this tv and that tv up and down the stairs like a lemon, this cable and that cable etc etc etc, until I have finally come up with something representing football.

Now if Jenkey can rustle up a patch of about 5meg to totally transform the game from a snore fest in which I wanted to ram the disc in the microwave and see the sparks fly, to something that is near enough the perfect football sim (in my eyes), then KONAMI mist be doing something seriously wrong.

It is my opinion that this guy Jenkey deserves a fkin gaming equivalent of a purple heart. Not only does he release all this wicked stuff quickly and accessibly, he has saved me from ditching PES this year and instead I have that old PES feeling back where the adrenaline is running and I'm feeling nervous at 2-1 with ten minutes to go. I really couldn't give a shit about PES two days ago, I really was that pissed off with it. Now I can't put it down.

true dat

I'm in the process of downloading your suggested mods. I hope it's as good as you say.

Both games this year are pick up and play especially PES this year which is by far the easier of the two games to play, my wife's wee bro is hopeless at Football games but he does enjoy playing them......he's beat me twice already with PES, With Fifa i beat him by double figures everyother game and he hasnt came close to beating me.

Personally i think both games are very much like PES on PS2 with both games missing the magic from PES on PS2. :)

I don't know about this year but i always found that Fifa was never a pick up and play multiplayer title as such. Not in a situation when one person used to it (after having played the game for a couple of weeks) plays it versus a newcomer. The person used to the game (without being a master) always gets used to the the 'tricks of the trade' pretty quickly and by that i mean the specific way in which you should attack in order to score, how not to defend etc. The key here is that you have to learn these tricks. If you play against somebody who knows them and you don't then you will get absolutely thrashed.

The oddity about Fifa is that because of these 'learned tricks' it means that the game is always relatively balanced between two people used to the game so long as you're used to them (which doesn't take long to do). You can pretty much match another person who is used to them regardless of how much time you both spend on the game (though obviously i'm not talking about radical differences timewise). That's what i've always found. I guess i'd say that the game isn't very deep because of this. You get to a certain point after playing the game for a small period of time and that's the level you'll always be at. Same thing with COD IMO.

PES is more pick up and play in a way i agree but it's only because it takes so freaking long to master hence the gap isn't that big between a newcomer and somebody who understand it after a small period of time, not until the latter person has spent time (and it takes ages) playing the game in able to master it. The gap between two players in PES can be much higher than the gap can be in FIFA IMO but not after a small period of time like a couple of weeks. We still have many people on this forum who have played it for that long and are nowhere near mastering it.

Feel free to disagree i don't mind.

Here's an example that may be relevant. I hadn't played Fifa 11 in a couple of months. Somebody asked me for a game so i said yeah. Now they aren't even a good Fifa player but they were used to the way the game played. I had forgotten. I found myself 4-0 down in like the first 30 minutes. Suddenly i remembered the trick for defending. I went on to win that match 5-4. It highlighted the difference between somebody who doesn't know how to play the game (i.e me in the first 30 minutes) playing against somebody who did. When i remembered (post 30 minutes) how to play the damn game i absolutely schooled him because i am generally better than him at the game.

Last edited:
I don't know about this year but i always found that Fifa was never a pick up and play multiplayer title as such. Not in a situation when one person used to it (after having played the game for a couple of weeks) plays it versus a newcomer. The person used to the game (without being a master) always gets used to the the 'tricks of the trade' pretty quickly and by that i mean the specific way in which you should attack in order to score, how not to defend etc. The key here is that you have to learn these tricks. If you play against somebody who knows them and you don't then you will get absolutely thrashed.

The oddity about Fifa is that because of these 'learned tricks' it means that the game is always relatively balanced between two people used to the game so long as you're used to them (which doesn't take long to do). You can pretty much match another person who is used to them regardless of how much time you both spend on the game (though obviously i'm not talking about radical differences timewise). That's what i've always found. I guess i'd say that the game isn't very deep because of this. You get to a certain point after playing the game for a small period of time and that's the level you'll always be at. Same thing with COD IMO.

PES is more pick up and play in a way i agree but it's only because it takes so freaking long to master hence the gap isn't that big between a newcomer and somebody who understand it after a small period of time, not until the latter person has spent time (and it takes ages) playing the game in able to master it. I played PES 2011 for a year, i'd say i still didn't master it for instance. The gap between two players in PES can be much higher than the gap can be in FIFA IMO but not after a small period of time.

Feel free to disagree i don't mind.

thats spot on.

FIFA has many advanced skills and many ''best'' tactics/gameplans used to score goals. But once you know them you know them. thats that. And fair games between to expereinced players. Also 2 people who pick up fifa never played before its a fair match.

I think PES has more depth inside it soemwhere.

But for me on simple terms fifa can be as easy as x,x,x,x, shoot...Though I guess you could say same for PES. BUt i dunno...tbh I have mindfuked myslef trying to overanylse all these games so much I dont have a clue about anythign anmore really lol.

All I know is, a month of playing fifa I am much better and enjoyig it more. Its so rewarding when you can master skill moves and key players like robinho etc and then use them effectively. Also masterign defense takes a bit time with the new system. Well after 1 month I still enjoy online/offline.

PES 2012 I havent played much becaue Ill be honest I woudl play 2-3 games and get bored and want to play FIFA. this was all on 1.00. I dont know why the games seem kinda dull and lack life. FIFA has so much more life to it. I think the player models in FIFA are bigger and I like the dynamic camera. I think maybe the fans, atmosphere, animations, camera angles and player models all conrtibute to making PES a less exciting game to play?

I dont know? It was just the way I was feeling

I think what PES has on it's side compared to Fifa is for those people who like to just pick up and play everynow and then is they are able to score amazing looking goals from anywhere on the pitch within minutes. It's why my Wife's brother and her Dad buys PES every year and not Fifa.

Fifa you dont generally see scissor kicks from 25 yards out flying into the top bin and it tends to be far harder to score outside the box than in.

thats spot on.

FIFA has many advanced skills and many ''best'' tactics/gameplans used to score goals. But once you know them you know them. thats that. And fair games between to expereinced players. Also 2 people who pick up fifa never played before its a fair match.

I think PES has more depth inside it soemwhere.

But for me on simple terms fifa can be as easy as x,x,x,x, shoot...Though I guess you could say same for PES. BUt i dunno...tbh I have mindfuked myslef trying to overanylse all these games so much I dont have a clue about anythign anmore really lol.

All I know is, a month of playing fifa I am much better and enjoyig it more. Its so rewarding when you can master skill moves and key players like robinho etc and then use them effectively. Also masterign defense takes a bit time with the new system. Well after 1 month I still enjoy online/offline.

PES 2012 I havent played much becaue Ill be honest I woudl play 2-3 games and get bored and want to play FIFA. this was all on 1.00. I dont know why the games seem kinda dull and lack life. FIFA has so much more life to it. I think the player models in FIFA are bigger and I like the dynamic camera. I think maybe the fans, atmosphere, animations, camera angles and player models all conrtibute to making PES a less exciting game to play?

I dont know? It was just the way I was feeling

All I know is that after the initial play of FIFA, I can more or less pick up and play it as good as when I left it. What I mean is, the other day I didn't play FIFA for 2 weeks, I then played it and immediately won my first game 3-1 v Arsenal, on World Class, 8 minutes. I simply cannot do that on PES. I don't think it's possible for me to leave PES for two weeks and still have that killer instinct on the controls. With FIFA it's different; once you have mastered the sweet spots the game is more or less very mundane. In PES, there are no 'set ways' to do anything, the game just unfolds in real time and things are what they are. In FIFA I know for example that if I get to point x and position my player point y, then a simple one two will get me an almost certain chance of scoring. These are weak spots, easy exploits.

FIFA 12 is the most 'flatter to deceive, illusory game' ever. The build up play is purely trimmings in FIFA, like a code just kicks in and says right the CPU will now keep the ball for 8 minutes of game time, just like that, regardless of whether you're Barcelona or Burton Albion. The CPU has one killer move against you ALL THE TIME and it's the ace up its sleeve; the way it manufacturers itself to the edge of the eighteen yard box leaving you one on one and gaping for air as the attacker finds an extra gear and just turbos it past an unresponsive defender; and what have you got in your locker to stop him....the five yard contain button, which is THE most useless tool in history, like a chocolate teapot or a glass nail. Not only can the CPU trigger off shots with this so called contain function in place, it can also basically drift to your 18 yard box whereby it can pass the ball across the goal for tap ins.

I get sucked into this FIFA bollocks all the time....everytime I've having a bad PES day at the office I think I'm missing out on something with FIFA, it always plays better (in your head) when you're not playing it. It only takes around five minutes with it again to appreciate just how good PES is, especially a Jenkeyfied version!!!

^^ah i liek how you put that. Thats a good way to word it. PES is like real time events. It just unfodls as you play it you down know what will happen. Its dynamic like real life. And I think thats were it gets the simualation tag even though the game sontrols is in itself rather simplistic and arcadey.

FIFA probably has more complex controls? But the game plays in rather set ways.

^^ah i liek how you put that. Thats a good way to word it. PES is like real time events. It just unfodls as you play it you down know what will happen. Its dynamic like real life. And I think thats were it gets the simualation tag even though the game sontrols is in itself rather simplistic and arcadey.

FIFA probably has more complex controls? But the game plays in rather set ways.

Yeah the scripting in PES is a million times better than the scripting in Fifa and it's something Konami has always been better at....

The way the ball falls perfect for you from a clearance for that volley or half volley from the outside of the box to get that amazing feeling, or the way your lash in a inch perfect cross for the diving header.

Fifa tends to be down to more user control hence why it doesnt quite spring up those amazing moments you get in PES. Fifa would be a far better game with setup plays like PES but it seems to be the opposite of what EA are trying to do which is a shame.

Amazing game just then. My spurs v stoke in a friendly. They BATTERED me. Long balls, long throws, winning the second ball and playing football around my box. Amazingly realistic.

Spurs were too, once I could get on the ball, Parker, modric, bale and vdv tore them up and Adebayor immense in a loan role up top.

Great game, had everything - great shots, saves, build up, tackles, last ditch headers, near og, red card for a vdv after a vicious 50/50 which prob would have seen both off IRL. Ironically stoke won it with a really nice bit of football.

Played up to jones, back to goal. He held it up, back heel to soares who's first time cross was turned in by Walters.

Sort of gameplay you only get from pes. If this is a sign of things to come then I'm excited!

Back
Top Bottom