PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

That's it though, offline multiplayer would eradicate most of the problems people have with the game. However, for most it ain't an option, it's either the horribly ruined online mode or the defensive slog of the offline CPU.

There is the choice of attempting to break down 10 Barcelona defenders who behave like Canvey Island in the FA Cup. Or go online where you'll be undone by 4 laser guided passes from end to end.

how simple is it to install jenkeys patch? just run an .exe?

I would do this.

1) Install the game out of the box.
2) Install PESEDIT latest version (for all the kits, teams, players, and the option to utilise Sky Sports style scoreboards and use the Npower league as division two)
3) Install Jenkey's patch

The PESEDIT stuff will install straight into your PES directory so no faffing about there. Jenkey's stuff will come as a rar, unpack and you'll get about 7 or 8 files, copy them all into the PES directory in which the PES.exe is found.

Jenkey's config file and exe file will be in there together, run the config file to change what you want, then when happy save the settings, exit and run Jenkey's gameplay exe. You'll know if you have done everything right because the normal blue loading circle bottom left will now be red.

Play a few games, see what needs tweaking for you, then go back into Jenkey's config file and edit what you want to make it as close to realistic in your eyes.

For me, the ball weight is always the highest setting, this adds to the low skimming shots count and keeps the ball down. I also increase shot power from the normal to around 40/45, but again that's up to you. Some like a lighter ball, some heavy, some like softer shots, some harder.

You have the option also to add more replay slots, disable blur, add his gameplay element (which dribbling actually looks like dribbling and not stuck to their foot). The game just comes alive, players moving etc etc. I play all this combined with Superstar mode though, so not sure how it will play out with any other mode.

For me, Jenkey's combined with Superstar offers the most realistic gaming experience, combined with the feeling that the CPU is playing like a human and not some cyborg. I really don't feel cheated when they score, headers are realistically even winning and losing them, and the ball just feels more open to bounce anywhere (independently) and not always into the CPU's lap.

The CPU defend well, but you can beat them, similarly you can curtail them, but they will break you down if they see an opportunity.

Give it a whirl dude.

That's it though, offline multiplayer would eradicate most of the problems people have with the game. However, for most it ain't an option, it's either the horribly ruined online mode or the defensive slog of the offline CPU.

There is the choice of attempting to break down 10 Barcelona defenders who behave like Canvey Island in the FA Cup. Or go online where you'll be undone by 4 laser guided passes from end to end.

Have you given 1.2 a go yet Dan ?

Edit- With PEEL Dan, Online is just as good if not better than offline. I'm also really enjoying my ML. I'm a happy camper no matter which way I turn. :)

Last edited:
Is it me or has anyone noticed that the cameras are too slow?
The lag behind the play so you cant see in front you so you have to slow down.
Which means the AI catches up with you?

I would do this.

1) Install the game out of the box.
2) Install PESEDIT latest version (for all the kits, teams, players, and the option to utilise Sky Sports style scoreboards and use the Npower league as division two)
3) Install Jenkey's patch

The PESEDIT stuff will install straight into your PES directory so no faffing about there. Jenkey's stuff will come as a rar, unpack and you'll get about 7 or 8 files, copy them all into the PES directory in which the PES.exe is found.

Jenkey's config file and exe file will be in there together, run the config file to change what you want, then when happy save the settings, exit and run Jenkey's gameplay exe. You'll know if you have done everything right because the normal blue loading circle bottom left will now be red.

Play a few games, see what needs tweaking for you, then go back into Jenkey's config file and edit what you want to make it as close to realistic in your eyes.

For me, the ball weight is always the highest setting, this adds to the low skimming shots count and keeps the ball down. I also increase shot power from the normal to around 40/45, but again that's up to you. Some like a lighter ball, some heavy, some like softer shots, some harder.

You have the option also to add more replay slots, disable blur, add his gameplay element (which dribbling actually looks like dribbling and not stuck to their foot). The game just comes alive, players moving etc etc. I play all this combined with Superstar mode though, so not sure how it will play out with any other mode.

For me, Jenkey's combined with Superstar offers the most realistic gaming experience, combined with the feeling that the CPU is playing like a human and not some cyborg. I really don't feel cheated when they score, headers are realistically even winning and losing them, and the ball just feels more open to bounce anywhere (independently) and not always into the CPU's lap.

The CPU defend well, but you can beat them, similarly you can curtail them, but they will break you down if they see an opportunity.

Give it a whirl dude.

Thanks is that on pes 1.00 or 1.02?

PES 1.02 my friend!!

Peeps, just had the most wonderful game, a 2-1 home loss v Arsenal. Man I'm back LOVING PES AGAIN!!!

Here's the bare bones

Liverpool v Arsenal (Premier League match)
Goals 1-2
Shots (on target) 10-12 (8)(5)
Fouls (offside) 8-3 (1) (1)
Corners 2-3
Interceptions 31-30
Possession 52-48

This game was on Superstar, 17mins, PES 2012 1.02, with Jenkey's 3.0 gameplay tool!!

Brilliant game. Lovely fluidity from start to finish, I scored first an early Enrique header from a Downing inswinging corner (Arsenal can't defend headers, no change there then lol).

Then then hit back with an Arshavin strike which I miscontrolled on the edge of the box, giving the little Russian time to strike a low blow bottom left to an ailing Doni.

Then disaster, a lovely move saw the ball break to Wilshere who hit a slide rule pass to the right wing, an early low cross took everyone by surprise for Chamakh to hit home, near post and hard, 2-1 to the Arsenal.

Then last twenty, I threw everything at them, brought on Bellamy, Henderson as Lucas was getting tired and took a tired Coates off for Jamie, a lovely move in the centre of the park and a lovely lofted through ball which saw Bellamy outstrip the Arsenal high back line, one on one...oh no, wonderful one on one save by the keeper, chance gone.

With literally seconds remaining the ball breaks deep inside my half, I just put my foot through it and it caught the back four out again, this time Kuyt clean through, control, set myself, hit it with defenders bearing down on me....oh no disaster, it beats the keeper but hits the top of the bar....game over, 2-1 to the Arsenal, should have been 2-2, but that's football.

A brilliant game...nothing brilliant in itself, no wonder strikes, just as realistic in my mind as a game comes. There was a period late in the first half where I just couldn't get the ball off them, but last 13 minutes it was all Liverpool. Mixed in with that, we had defenders winning the majority of headers, scrappy midfield play, lovely passing moves from both. Them giving the ball away cheap, me giving the ball away cheap....everything.

THIS IS THE POTENTIAL THAT PES HAS....but I simply cannot play it solely as patch 1.02, it just doesn't play like this....Jenkey, you're a fkin legend!!!!

Last edited:
Have you given 1.2 a go yet Dan ?

Edit- With PEEL Dan, Online is just as good if not better than offline. I'm also really enjoying my ML. I'm a happy camper no matter which way I turn. :)

Not yet mate, I was actually quite enjoying my ML on 1.00, more so than any other offline PES game. I should give 1.02 a go but if the CPU behaves similarly to 1.01 then there's not much point....it may make the game more of 'challenge' but at the expense of any authentic representation of football.

I haven't actually ventured online at all yet, just been put off by the horror stories. Should really get something going with like minded Xbox individuals, but it's so much harder now than it was back in the PES6 days when there was dozens of leagues in that ilk.

I think the consensus is that it's one of the best PES games seriously underpinned by some really basic problems. At times it's a million times deeper and more fluid than PES 2011....yet this time last year I'd probably played about 10x as many games via MLO. Maybe if Konami had just introduced lobbies for Assistance Settings there'd be a much more positive reception.

PES 1.02 my friend!!

Peeps, just had the most wonderful game, a 2-1 home loss v Arsenal. Man I'm back LOVING PES AGAIN!!!

Here's the bare bones

Liverpool v Arsenal (Premier League match)
Goals 1-2
Shots (on target) 10-12 (8)(5)
Fouls (offside) 8-3 (1) (1)
Corners 2-3
Interceptions 31-30
Possession 52-48

This game was on Superstar, 17mins, PES 2012 1.02, with Jenkey's 3.0 gameplay tool!!

Brilliant game. Lovely fluidity from start to finish, I scored first an early Enrique header from a Downing inswinging corner (Arsenal can't defend headers, no change there then lol).

Then then hit back with an Arshavin strike which I miscontrolled on the edge of the box, giving the little Russian time to strike a low blow bottom left to an ailing Doni.

Then disaster, a lovely move saw the ball break to Wilshere who hit a slide rule pass to the right wing, an early low cross took everyone by surprise for Chamakh to hit home, near post and hard, 2-1 to the Arsenal.

Then last twenty, I threw everything at them, brought on Bellamy, Henderson as Lucas was getting tired and took a tired Coates off for Jamie, a lovely move in the centre of the park and a lovely lofted through ball which saw Bellamy outstrip the Arsenal high back line, one on one...oh no, wonderful one on one save by the keeper, chance gone.

With literally seconds remaining the ball breaks deep inside my half, I just put my foot through it and it caught the back four out again, this time Kuyt clean through, control, set myself, hit it with defenders bearing down on me....oh no disaster, it beats the keeper but hits the top of the bar....game over, 2-1 to the Arsenal, should have been 2-2, but that's football.

A brilliant game...nothing brilliant in itself, no wonder strikes, just as realistic in my mind as a game comes. There was a period late in the first half where I just couldn't get the ball off them, but last 13 minutes it was all Liverpool. Mixed in with that, we had defenders winning the majority of headers, scrappy midfield play, lovely passing moves from both. Them giving the ball away cheap, me giving the ball away cheap....everything.

THIS IS THE POTENTIAL THAT PES HAS....but I simply cannot play it solely as patch 1.02, it just doesn't play like this....Jenkey, you're a fkin legend!!!!

I DEFINITELY AGREE mate, never had so much fun playing pes for a while, gamespeed 95 and few other tweaks to the ball and shot physics and voila..this is the best pes ever made. I need also to point that you never feel "cheated" by cpu ,they keep posession ( now playing against barca is a nightmare (superstar level), move the ball constantly and go back if there's no space to give..now pes really shines.....thumbs up for this masterpiece jenkey :APPLAUD::APPLAUD::APPLAUD:

This game is now making me dribble guys,

Just beat CD Nacional 3-1, at home, Europa tie. Brilliant action.

Here's some clips, the usual stuff I'll say, total fairness, some great goals, some great midfield battles, great realistic stats at the end of the game, the game is just now alive.

Clip 1 -

My first goal, won the ball in the centre of the park (something which is virtually impossible with 1.02 on its own), then my forward starts sprinting into space, a lovely diagonal run, which I find, a quick reverse ball into the patch of Kuyt, a lovely drilled finish. They lost possession in midfield and got punished...

YouTube - VIDEO0061

Clip 2 -

People said that keepers were improved in patch 1.02, I didn't see MUCH difference just a little. Jenkey's patch has improved them further....

YouTube - VIDEO0063

Clip 3 -

Their goal, their midfielder takes advantage from a defensive headed clearance from my heading rock Coates, he rifles a shot onto the post and out, but they have enough composure to pass the ball and slot home for the equaliser

YouTube - VIDEO0064

Clip 4 -

Watch how Aurelio (or Enrique I forget the Lb anyway) makes an overlapping run... without Jenkey's stuff I'd be waiting around half an hour for the bastard to move, it is just so seemless and enables me to hold that ball up a split second longer in midfield so that I give the lb enough space and time to pick a nice ball back to Gerrard, Gerrard then back post finesse's one, opening up his body with lovely technique, unlucky....

YouTube - VIDEO0065

Last clip -

This was breakneck counter in the dying minutes with them committing many men forward, just before this you'll fail to see them having an effort cleared off the line almost, then the ball broke my way. Downing breaks the defensive line late on, he was truly the man of the match here picking up two goals. Quick counters are fully on with Jenkey's patch, because player movement enables it. Lovely through ball, Downing has the legs, a first rate save first of all, but Downing isn't to be denied.

YouTube - VIDEO0066

Guys I could go on all day about the difference in my enjoyment now. Only days ago I was writing reams about how fkin dull PES had become, not in the scorelines or anything like that, just the game itself in midfield and build up, so lifeless, me attacking, me keeping the ball forever, them countering, repeat and rinse. I'm not up this Jenkey's ass, don't know the guy from Adam, could be a an 8 year old kid, or a 89 year old classic stamp collector...I don't care...

ALL I KNOW IS THAT THE GAME IS 100x BETTER WITH HIS PATCHES...

Whatever he does, the game is just alive.

I'm not going to bore everyone anymore, it's entirely up to you guys to play the game as you wish. For me I've found my PES heaven, win, lose or draw, the games are just about what I see on the tv, in terms of all sorts of areas - shooting, passing, player movement, scorelines, possession stats, graphical excellence (PESEDIT), player individuality, goalies being good, you can play possession you can play counter, you can play defence, you can tackle in the midfield and win the ball high up....the game checks every box (and I'm a demanding so and so), no more fking about, with this or that, this is THE definitive PES 2012 for me!!!

I have NEVER felt as much compulsion to post clips and snippets as I have at the moment because everything is just so perfect. But I'll only be posting truly stunning goals or moves etc sparingly from now on, I don't want to clog up the forums with shit or take up any more of people's time with me constantly harping on about Jenkey and his bloody patch lol

Happy playing!!

Chimps.....Any news on you're gameplay file ,
Tested you're teams so far and it's almost spot on

Just wondering as I may buy cod for the weekend unless you plan to do the new file today

Its not happy playing unless you have a PC though!

Not at the moment dude.

I bought a 50 inch plasma last year just so I could ditch the PC once and for all and play everything on the PS3. But I became so disillusioned with the PS3 that my quest to make the perfect PES game saw me go to some extreme lengths, I've been carrying tele's up and down the stairs all month, trying this and that setting.

I now have my PC (the one with a gaming card) cabled up to my 37" LCD Matsui, and I'm playing PES solely off this.

The PC has not only given me easy customisation but gameplay tweakage. The PS3 version now feels broke by comparison.

On my PC, I now have stunning graphics, textures, stadiums and turfs, but all the player kits and teams are correct, combined with gameplay tweakability.

Quite honestly, the PES I have loaded up at my disposal is undoubtedly the most realistic/best PES I've ever played, including the WE9LE edition I used to have on my PC!

I must admit I've been one of these schizophrenic people this year, which is never normally the case with me. I've gone from loving the demos to hating the retail game and now I'm really missing it again.

Fifa is a decent alternative but it's still not PES, even with it's faults. I don't know what to do. :CONFUSE:

I must admit I've been one of these schizophrenic people this year, which is never normally the case with me. I've gone from loving the demos to hating the retail game and now I'm really missing it again.

Fifa is a decent alternative but it's still not PES, even with it's faults. I don't know what to do. :CONFUSE:

Yep Im the same.
Nearly traded PES again today for Fifa.
Im so close. I know that Fifa wont give me half as much fun as a good Pro but this years is really trying my patience.

Not at the moment dude.

I bought a 50 inch plasma last year just so I could ditch the PC once and for all and play everything on the PS3. But I became so disillusioned with the PS3 that my quest to make the perfect PES game saw me go to some extreme lengths, I've been carrying tele's up and down the stairs all month, trying this and that setting.

I now have my PC (the one with a gaming card) cabled up to my 37" LCD Matsui, and I'm playing PES solely off this.

The PC has not only given me easy customisation but gameplay tweakage. The PS3 version now feels broke by comparison.

On my PC, I now have stunning graphics, textures, stadiums and turfs, but all the player kits and teams are correct, combined with gameplay tweakability.

Quite honestly, the PES I have loaded up at my disposal is undoubtedly the most realistic/best PES I've ever played, including the WE9LE edition I used to have on my PC!

Yeah i honestly don't know how people can actually like these games on consoles.

I owned PES 2011 on the Xbox 360 AND the ps3 and thought it was sub-par. I blame klash for making me buy it again on the ps3. Then i built a PC and bought PES 2011 and with customisation it was around 7 times better than the console versions.

Yeah i honestly don't know how people can actually like these games on consoles.

I owned PES 2011 on the Xbox 360 AND the ps3 and thought it was sub-par. I blame klash for making me buy it again on the ps3. Then i built a PC and bought PES 2011 and with customisation it was around 7 times better than the console versions.

It just all adds to the experience for me now. Before I wasn't too bothered about graphics and such, FIFA has always owned PES in that regard. Even today I'm 85% dependent on gameplay v anything else, that's why I still always opt for PES over FIFA. But we are approaching the year 2012, and on the PC, I can have stunning grass textures and player models and crowd detail, scoreboards ala Sky Sports and ESPN, Npower second divisions, camera tweaks, gameplay patches the lot, all fully customisable, sitting in my chair, just exporting files into the directory nice and easy with a mouse.

I currently have near enough the perfect lads room now, which I also use for work lol

I have a small form factor PC attached to a 22" monitor for work stuff, and my 37" LCD monitor attached to a PC and Playstation with a sofa three yards away from it. It's gaming heaven.

PES 2012 now on the PC looks a right picture, even the textures of the grass and stadiums just add that extra layer of gaming experience for me.

I figure from now on, I'm going to use the PS3 for shoot em ups and such, and I'm leaving things like football games for the PC, especially PES which requires a multitude of alterations yourself before it even begins to become playable.

This is where FIFA will continue to rule and PES continue to fade, in this day and age you seriously cannot expect people to have the amount of obsessive compulsion and dedication two months after release just to make it fkin work; but that's where we are right now. It's taken me three different purchases, around 100 hours of pissing about with every known PES combination of settings known to mankind, an aching back from carrying this tv and that tv up and down the stairs like a lemon, this cable and that cable etc etc etc, until I have finally come up with something representing football.

Now if Jenkey can rustle up a patch of about 5meg to totally transform the game from a snore fest in which I wanted to ram the disc in the microwave and see the sparks fly, to something that is near enough the perfect football sim (in my eyes), then KONAMI mist be doing something seriously wrong.

It is my opinion that this guy Jenkey deserves a fkin gaming equivalent of a purple heart. Not only does he release all this wicked stuff quickly and accessibly, he has saved me from ditching PES this year and instead I have that old PES feeling back where the adrenaline is running and I'm feeling nervous at 2-1 with ten minutes to go. I really couldn't give a shit about PES two days ago, I really was that pissed off with it. Now I can't put it down.

Good question - can anyone answer it?

My pc that I have is a few years old I was gonna sell it for 200-250.

I play at 1080p full details. So I guess yo coudl pick up a pc for that price.

I have my pc connected to a 24 and 40 inch hdtv and use either ps2/3 pad or 360 controller....classy.

Chimps.....Any news on you're gameplay file ,
Tested you're teams so far and it's almost spot on

Just wondering as I may buy cod for the weekend unless you plan to do the new file today

I am having some difficulty with getting it right. It's better than it was, but I am not happy with it. I can put the file up that I have so far, but I am struggling to get fast players right. Which has meant me spending ages on teams like man city and totenham.

I will put it up soon, but I will be Workng on improving it over the weekend.

I have issues with downloading stuff for PES though.

Last year I download firepacth, PEsedit a number of other patcehs. BUt every patch made my master leagu crash.

Well it was either the patch or the stadiums I downloaded?

SO I gave up.

DO you have nay added stadiums?

One thing I hate about PES is IMO the lack of stadiums. At least in PES5/6 hte had mod with over 200 real authnetic stadiums.

In PEs 2011/2012 etc yo cant make new stadiums only replace current stadiums. But for me the game always crash and I dont know if due to me replacing stadium or patch.

I know for fact last year every time I played a game at cleti park which I imported the game would crash at half time.

Does your current setup work 100% for master leagu, no crashes and you have no repalced stadiums?

New game play file for 1.02. Still very much a work in progress. I have done a lot of stuff to the larger premier league teams and I think it makes them better to use.

I will continue to work on them as at the minute I think there is certain something missing with some teams which I cannot put my finger on or it may just be that I am going around the bend editing this game

http://www.filesonic.com/file/3427232765/CHIMPS102b.rar

So far I have only looked at the premier league, but most of the teams in europe should be ok, just not had as much time spent on them

Back
Top Bottom