PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

If konami didn't produce such a broken game, most people would be busy playing it.

Im enjoying the new patch released, pace of the game seems better even online. I still haven't delved into this game fully messing around with option files and so forth, think this weekend I will.

please, unscripted gameplay in demos?
no way, you could already tell when the cpu was about to score against you, exactly like it happens right now

the whole pes 2012 experience until now (demos, version 1.00, patches 1.01, 1.02) has been influenced by the arcade turn made by Konami
the only good thing is, it seems Konami is costantly working to improve the game
but to me it was clear since the first demo Konami this year has chosen the arcade path after the more simulative approach in Pes 2011. That's the main element i don't like in Pes 2012

Simulation,do me a favour.When have we ever had a real simulation of football?.Simulation equates to depth of control that you get with car simulators or flight simulators on the pc that use specially designed controller interfaces or expensive computer based simulators that pilots learn to fly in.

Theres a clear difference between simulation and simulated.

Football games as have games in general,have become more watered down with each passing year,its a western obssession with eye candy and the simplification of gameplay mecahnics to appeal to a much broder audience.Your average gamer now lacks any real hand eye co-ordination or any desire to to really put the time into something.

MajorAs games back on the n64s control interface makes pes both on the ps2 and now play like a simple arcade game.Theres no real depth of control because everythings become so simplified,the games playing out your just micro managing.

Take mariokart on the snes for example,easy to pick up but absolutely brutal with the heavy weight karts and the harder cups.Only the real hardcore got the most out of that game.Since then every mario kart game has become more and more watered down to the point that that series has become a shell of what it once was,totally rubber banded much as the iss series on the n64 turned into pes with its restrictive 8-axis passing and totally stat driven gameplay.It became a parody stripped of all the depth of control that majorA laid down.

People make to many excuses for konami and are to forgiving,when fifteen years ago they had the basics right which should mean in this day and age we should be playing something that is on a completely different plain to anything else.

Pes is like doom when we should all be playing something thats comparible to something like halflife2.

I just quickly played demo 1, Napoli v Milan, and then quickly switched to 1.02. I felt the pace of demo1 and then 1.02 to be roughly the same, the difference being that 1.02 feels slow, clunky and your constantly jostling with the controller in terms of player responsiveness and demo1 feels lovely and light (but with the players grounded feel).

I don't know, a guy could insane discussing PES all day. Whilst the keepers were garbage in demo1 and a little better in demo2, there is definitely a lovely response to the passing, shooting and generally in creating moves. As soon is I got back to 1.02, I could just feel 'the rails' element, something I felt they more or less eradicated in the demo releases.

Just a quick PS, Hamsik made a lovely un-triggered run straight from midfield in the demo, a lovely diagonal run passing the strikers and bursting toward the corner flag, something I hadn't seen for a while :) I was like WTF...

I think 1.02 patch was a massive change (in a good way) compared to what i had been experiencing few days ago playing with teams like Lyon.

Now i have decent space and various ways to build up my attack as teamates now move with intelligence, and the game flows much better now in -2.

If Konami keep improving the game in future gameplay patchs as much as they did with the 1.02 patch, then the game will easily be enjoyable for 1year before the next game.

Some people here are saying that pes 2012 is a step back from pes2011. Well, I respect their opinion but i don't agree. Pes 2012 is definetly a very good improvement over pes 2011 in some important areas that really needed massive impovements.

Before patch 1.02, at least imo the game was ideed very inconsistent. When i played with Barça and Bayer the game was really enjoyable, but it was completely rubbish with Lyon and Valencia for example. It seemed to me that the Active Ai was "disabled" to worse teams and the passing speed and how the game flows in general was very inconsistent, it was good with top teams like Barça but totally shit with lesser teams. But in my first impressions with thie new patch I really feel that the game has more consistace now, it flows much better in -2 for all teams, active Ai seems to be "avaliable" for other teams.

BUT (and big but) the biggest problem for me is that while i'm playing the game i really enjoy, but not for much time, and when i turn off the console i don't have that much expectatios to play it again like in the old days. That's the problem, the game is not adicting enough, and the reason for this is the lacking of variety between a match to the other. I don't feel like i play a totally different match from one game to another when, let's say, i play against Man United on a away match and Dynamo kiev in home match.

Tbh, i think the best matchs i ever had in this gen were probably some of the matchs i had in demo 1 despite keepers being horrible. I never had such fun playing with Lazio beating Man U by 1-0 in the first half and trying to hold the win in the whole second half playing in defence, such a very good emotion to it, mainly when clearing a ball from a cross close the end of the match.

Last edited:
I agree with the above. I think, especially on the patch 1.02, CPU defences are so efficient as it makes scoring on zero assistance very tough, as that split second window of opportunity goes very quickly. I think the only way to play at the higher levels is with some level of assistance on.

Anyway to lighten the dark clouds, thoughts I'd post a few goals. Even though I'm not entirely happy with 1.02, I've still managed these with it, some other goals are 1.01, all of Superstar/Top Player, zero assist -

Goal 1 - Pretty basic, but I've never actually scored with the head from a free kick since release so

YouTube - VIDEO0056

Goal 2 - Nice move, multiple passes

YouTube - VIDEO0057

Goal 3 - Gerrard screamer

YouTube - VIDEO0058

Goal 4 - Lucas, lovely strike, direction DID work

YouTube - VIDEO0059

Goal 5 - Charlie Adam...need I say more

YouTube - VIDEO0033

Goal 6 - Lovely take from Carroll

YouTube - VIDEO0039

Goal 7 - Suarez, lovely technique

YouTube - VIDEO0044

Goal 8 - Carroll, lovely left foot smash

YouTube - VIDEO0040

GOAL 5 is an example of what ruin the whole game. Look where the opponents defenders are...they almost standing beside the goalkeeper. I understand if u make a very slow play up and just have possession of the ball that the opponents have time to come back and defend, but even when u make fast straight passes up, the defenders fall back to the penalty area, and if u wait a lil bit more there will be 8 players defending in the penalty area.

Same on GOAL 3. Their defender are gonna make a play up in the field and you steal the ball and in real football this would have been a great opportunity to counter when their players are on their way up in the field, BUT NO. In 2-3 seconds the opponents are 7-8 men on the right side of the ball.

People are disappointed because lack of movement and runs from the AI, but where are they gonna run if there is no space to run into cause the oppontents standing 8 men around the benalty area?

I love this game too but I cannot accept 3 things

1)SHOOT BUG (It often happens I aim on the right and the ball goes on the left)
2)Penalty SYSTEM BUG it really sucks...2012 version one was almost perfect (it only missed lob shoot)...
3)LOB shoots and volley shoots(often it happen players to be like wood and the ball bounce on them) must be improoved dramatically

GOAL 5 is an example of what ruin the whole game. Look where the opponents defenders are...they almost standing beside the goalkeeper. I understand if u make a very slow play up and just have possession of the ball that the opponents have time to come back and defend, but even when u make fast straight passes up, the defenders fall back to the penalty area, and if u wait a lil bit more there will be 8 players defending in the penalty area.

Same on GOAL 3. Their defender are gonna make a play up in the field and you steal the ball and in real football this would have been a great opportunity to counter when their players are on their way up in the field, BUT NO. In 2-3 seconds the opponents are 7-8 men on the right side of the ball.

People are disappointed because lack of movement and runs from the AI, but where are they gonna run if there is no space to run into cause the oppontents standing 8 men around the benalty area?

Totally agree, I just had the dullest game of my life. PC version, Top player, 15 mins, patch 1.02. It was endless me try to put fifty passes together around their penalty area, then them counter. IT WAS SOOOOOoooo slow and tragic.

I'm top of the league after 8 games, on Top Player, great success here there and everywhere AND YET I was almost going to press the reset button and trash my whole season, because I was just so fkin bored I thought what's the point. This version, the CPU defence is even better at pressuring and blocking shots. So it becomes a complete grind, gridlock almost. I could feel my soul seeping away with every passing minute.

Either I haven't installed the patch properly (which I doubt as it says 1.02 at startup) or I'm seeing the CPU park the bus MORE, TOGETHER with increased CPU pressure and shot blocking rendering the game a complete bore fest. And what's with the CPU fouls this version, the CPU is just spamming me off the ball and there's hardly ever a free kick my way. Also in 1.01 I could just fend off the defenders if me attacker had his back to goal, now they are just going through my Vinnie Jones style.

I had 4 games last night and won 1 lost 3 but thoroughly enjoyed it.

I saw no keeper errors.

Still see the AI packing their box a bit too much but at least it was when they went 1-0 up and were defending for their lives as I mounted attack after attack.

Shooting - one shot feels good another is poor. But at least I'm getting power in the shots.
I used Lille and their forwards aren't the greatest (hazard aside) but when I used Spain, Villas shots were powerful and accurate.

I'll play some more tonight that's for sure. I didn't want to stop last night but I have work today!!

Funny you say that its all about the players then. I was Spain/Barca in some games I testes and OMG I scored some scxreamers with Villa I saved. I will even post replay.

1 goal he recieves 25 yards out flicks it up like 1 keepy uppy then boom volleys into top corner.

Then I go my master league dafualt team and they cant shoot for crap

@expander
with "simulative approach" i meant to say, more balanced game, less super players, more difficulty to score

You completely missed the point. The hesitation by the player at the bottom of the screen was controlled by the AI. I was in control of someone else trying to cut out the cross, then the game switched my cursor randomly to another defender NOT in a critical position to help stop the goal.

Did you even read the post? It's not shit defending if the game randomly changes the control to random players then makes those not under your control hover backwards away from the ball, leaving the guy to score. It's amazing how you and Calcio just assume that goal was my fault just because you like the game. Talk about covering your ears and shouting so you can't hear something.....

I'm not totally going from one extreme to another. My initial reaction was that I loved the new patch on Pro level, and stand by most of the improvements I noticed - but just one morning playing it saw the game become far too easy. So I'm naturally not gonna want to play it on that level. But then you move it up a level and it becomes literally the most annoying game I've ever played. It's about 5 years out of date.

You conveniently don't mention the other vid showing yet another shitty animation lock up wher the player just leaves the ball behind, yet you readily jump in and make an assumption that the other vid was a result of user error rather than game issues ruining the game.

But shit defending? Do me a favour. But not to worry, I'm done moaning now because I'm done with the game. Plenty of other things 100% less buggy than this to play. Fair play if you like it, I'd never criticise anyone for liking it, so fair enough I'm done posting about it now.
I have seen players leaving the ball behind, which is a bug.
I have never seen the cursor randomly flicking to a different player. Even if it did, you had time to adjust to select the right man.
I make sure I am always in control when defending.

I firmly beleive this too.

After sending that file out last night, I later went back to it and did Newcastle and Man Utd. Both were overrated and the game was far too fast. Within a couple of games and changes I got them down to tremendous games running at 0 speed.

I think the penny has now dropped with editing 1.02.

Great, any idea when you'll have the file done, or at least can you post all prem teams then I can start ml and test

Cheers

I have seen players leaving the ball behind, which is a bug.
I have never seen the cursor randomly flicking to a different player. Even if it did, you had time to adjust to select the right man.
I make sure I am always in control when defending.

1. Fair enough, the dribble thing is a bug, but one I see all the time.

2. If you've never seen the cursor switch to a random player nowhere near the play, then that's not my fault. Just because you've never seen it doesn't mean that I haven't. And second, how can you say I had time to switch to the right man when you don't have the faintest idea when the cursor switched and threw off the defence. You can't see that in the video, so you're basically saying it was all my fault and not the CPU based on.....nothing at all. The ball was crossed in. It took probably one to two seconds for it to reach the guy in the middle. The cursor switched randomly to someone else miles away from the play, why, I don't know. In that second or two, I desperately used the right stick to try and aim the cursor back to someone in the middle near the play, but by then the AI had already made the defender, who was out of my control, do some bizarre hover backwards without moving his legs and let the guy in on goal. Now you're seriously still contending that's the user's fault? You must be taking the piss.

3. I'm in control of defending for the majority of the time I play the game, but there's nothing you can do if stuff like that happens. People pointed out cursor switching as a major gripe in PES2011, but I didn't see you go on here and accuse everyone of either making it up or it being their fault when it does happen. Seriously, making accusations that it's all the user's fault and not the CPU when you don't even find out the facts makes it look like you're trying to piss someone off.

End of conversation. If you're going to assume something is someone's fault based on your assumptions without knowing the facts then there's really no point.

Last edited:
I had 4 games last night and won 1 lost 3 but thoroughly enjoyed it.

I saw no keeper errors.

Still see the AI packing their box a bit too much but at least it was when they went 1-0 up and were defending for their lives as I mounted attack after attack.

Shooting - one shot feels good another is poor. But at least I'm getting power in the shots.
I used Lille and their forwards aren't the greatest (hazard aside) but when I used Spain, Villas shots were powerful and accurate.
I'll play some more tonight that's for sure. I didn't want to stop last night but I have work today!!

Isn't that to be expected though when shooting stats and posture actually count for something in a game :P

Well after about 8 games tonight I didn't have as much fun as last night.

Every game the AI defence packed the area. There were 9 players back behind the ball. They made no attempt to attack.

I just can't get this shooting right either. Been playing PES since mid 90s and never had a problem. But in 2012 I do.

I've finally seen the attackers waiting for the ball then slowing down allowing defenders to catch up.

This game seems to have a split personality. One minute it's nice the next it's horrible. I really don't know what to make of it.

I really want to like it but as it stands when I turned console off tonight. I don't like it as much as yesterday.

4 games last night were good but tonight's 8 were very un-enjoyable.

They should rename this thread to "thinking out loud". People can't post a positive one minute then come out 10 minutes later blasting the game, then 20 minutes later say they found the perfect blend then change again. Farrrrrrrrrkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk.

Just for the record, I'm loving 1.2 patch. As for this place, it's become so depressing, I cant even be bothered to post anymore.

Couldn't agree more with these posts. This place is turning into a circus!

I only come on here every few days and by that time some people's opinions have changed four or five times (or even more). I respect some peoples opinions on here but their posts get lost in the endless drivel. I swear people just like typing and read their own waffle.

We even get the privilege of reading people's opinions on the game who have based their opinions on reading other people's opinions!!! :CONFUSE: Fuck me, at least play the game before giving your views. Also it would be nice if you could play the game for an extended period of time (longer than 30 mins) before posting your opinion.

Where is Rom and the old school crew hiding anyway? I'd love to know their impressions on the new patch. Maybe they should start a new thread giving their impressions?

Although PES isn't perfect I think SOME of it's imperfections make it more realistic. I certainly haven't seen many of the glaring goal keeper errors peeps seem to get. If a keeper does spill a soft shot now and again or drops a comfortable cross I can deal with that as it happens in football.

My main gripe with the keepers is the angle they run at when you hold the 'rush' button while the ball is on sides of the 18yd box. They run straight at the ball leaving the near post exposed.

@ Frank - Yeah I'm keen as to play some more games mate. Loving the game since the new patch. I'll be on over the weekend.

Cheers

Thing is if you go back and play like PES1 and PES2 on PS2 there is so so so much wrong with these games and so many things make it nearly unplayable. But at the time of release we enjoyed the good parts and played the game. We didnt have forums to waste or days playign the game to evaulate if it were good or not or what was right or wrong with it. We took it as it was warts and all and played it. THen again there was no good FIFA so it was that or nothing.

But really is PES1,2 on PS2 at the time of release more perfect thatn PES 2012. IS there so many more flaws and faults and poor gameplay in PES 2012 as it is today as PES1 was in 2000?

tbh Ive only played 30mins so I cant comment lmao.

But all I know is PES1,2 were at the times amazing to me but go back and play it now I can see its not perect at all. Maybe in the same way PES 2012 is not perfect. Or is it really that bad or are we more harsh?

Sounds good Rob and I agree with your comments mate. Also about the keeper rush. It leaves the angles exposed.

Problem these days is that there are too many modes and achievements to think about (online aspects mainly I'm talking about). Back a few years ago it was basically spend 12 months developing a solid single player game (or local multiplayer) and companies did a more complete job. Now there's a lot more work to do - less time to QA things (given that they have more modes to QA and not necessarily a lot bigger staff? - that's a guess lol) and a basket full of goodies to hedge your bets over.

Give me the old school single player style focus! Make a solid game that can be played offline by yourself or with a friend/s. That's the main gripe I have. It's not PES specific but gaming in general. No matter how good online can be in theory, there's always the possibility it's spoilt by things like rude opponents, server issues, unavailability of opponents etc etc. If these issues all arise and there's no solid core for the single player offline game to fall back on, then I'd be getting frustrated too.

Sure but for a football game the key mechanics off the gameplay has to be the main foucs whether offline/online. Surely the quality test the game engine and make a playable football game. Then they make the modes for offline/online.

As for other games sure GTA/COD etc...they spend 12 months making a multi/singeplayyer game when back in day it was mainly 12 months making only SP.

Yes this is my point though..."then they make time for other modes". Back in the day ALL of the available time would have been for offline play. Now that testing and development time is less. The other modes aren't just put together in 2 weeks - they'd be taking a fair bit of time away from the main game.

I only come on here every few days and by that time some people's opinions have changed four or five times (or even more). I respect some peoples opinions on here but their posts get lost in the endless drivel. I swear people just like typing and read their own waffle.

We even get the privilege of reading people's opinions on the game who have based their opinions on reading other people's opinions!!! :CONFUSE: Fuck me, at least play the game before giving your views. Also it would be nice if you could play the game for an extended period of time (longer than 30 mins) before posting your opinion.

Where is Rom and the old school crew hiding anyway? I'd love to know their impressions on the new patch. Maybe they should start a new thread giving their impressions?

Although PES isn't perfect I think SOME of it's imperfections make it more realistic. I certainly haven't seen many of the glaring goal keeper errors peeps seem to get. If a keeper does spill a soft shot now and again or drops a comfortable cross I can deal with that as it happens in football.

My main gripe with the keepers is the angle they run at when you hold the 'rush' button while the ball is on sides of the 18yd box. They run straight at the ball leaving the near post exposed.

@ Frank - Yeah I'm keen as to play some more games mate. Loving the game since the new patch. I'll be on over the weekend.

Cheers

+1

This thread is filled with schizophrenic people.:CONFUSE:

Yesterday: Love it! - Today: Worst gamer ever. Come here FIFA 12! - Tomorrow: Best PES ever!

Come on! This schizos thing never happened with the previous generation of PES. :RANT:

Well after about 8 games tonight I didn't have as much fun as last night.

Every game the AI defence packed the area. There were 9 players back behind the ball. They made no attempt to attack.

I just can't get this shooting right either. Been playing PES since mid 90s and never had a problem. But in 2012 I do.

I've finally seen the attackers waiting for the ball then slowing down allowing defenders to catch up.

This game seems to have a split personality. One minute it's nice the next it's horrible. I really don't know what to make of it.

I really want to like it but as it stands when I turned console off tonight. I don't like it as much as yesterday.

4 games last night were good but tonight's 8 were very un-enjoyable.

Didnt you just buy it a couple of days ago?

Yeah I traded Fifa on Tuesday.

I sound as messed up as the game.

I felt that in my first 4 games although it was low scoring I enjoyed it. Didnt see many flaws in the game that everyone else was seeing.
So I loaded up the game last night and after a fews mins of the first game I could see Chelsea with 10 men in their box. I was using Lille and had all the possesion but couldnt go anywhere with it. Every shot was blocked - then the ball would fall to the AI everytime and they would just thump the ball back to me.
Then in last 5 mins a long clearance finds Drogba and with their only shot of the game it rolls passed my keeper. I lose 0-1.

I paused the game a few times (using different teams everytime) to see where their players were and whenever I broke the AI got men back at the speed of light! Every team had 9 or 10 men back. Yet they break with a long ball and from no where they have 5 men forward. A soon as I get the ball they dont try and get it back you just see a see of shirts run passed you and stand in the box.

The game is so congested in the middle. It forces you to use the wings and get crosses in. So I get the ball to the wings - whip in a cross (crossing is brilliant in this game) but I never win a header. On the odd occasion I do its a poor header and the ball floats over the bar.

I just want a balanced game. I even played Napoli V Bayern to see if the AI would give me a good game. But it didnt. Bayern were camped in their half.

There are parts of this game I really enjoy but the negatives are just and i say just outweighing the pros at the moment.

I dont want to play 8 games on the bounce and the same pattern of play happens. They camp in their half, break at lightining speed, nick a goal and go back to camping in their half. Can understand Wigan doing that but Bayern and Chelsea?

I dont want 5-4 or 4-3 but a 3-2 or 2-1 would be nice. In my 8 games of cat and mouse last night there was only 1 game that had more than 1 goal in. Most games ended 0-0 or 1-0 to the Cpu.
I dont mind the odd draw but every game is me trying to break down a 10 man defence. I want them to attack me but they dont.

As I said Ive been playing since mid 90s so I know what im doing its not as if never played before but it feels that way and I cant break them down and its not for the want of trying but because I cant get through 10 men sitting on the box.

Last edited:
Yeah I traded Fifa on Tuesday.

I sound as messed up as the game....

I felt that in my first 4 games....

As I said Ive been playing since mid 90s so I know what im doing its not as if never played before but it feels that way and I cant break them down and its not for the want of trying but because I cant get through 10 men sitting on the box.

With due respect, you have to give it time. I think a lot of people here are PES veterans. Every year Konami make changes the control system that requires re-learning. Pes2012 even more so.

Take the shooting for example - lots of complaints about 1.01. The system was fine but needed to be learned. Some people played a few games and started to complain. As a result, the vocal majority forced Konami to simplify the shooting in 1.02. There is definitely a higher level of shooting assistance now.

Plenty of other gripes about the game (in my case especially online), but how are Konami to react when twitter is full of little kids complaining about the colour of Man Utd socks. FFS. The mods here should facilitate a focused feedback to Konami so that the voices of reason can be heard.

But take a step back for a moment and you will see that, despite the irritating flaws, pes 2012 is still the best footie game ever made. I say this having endured most of the games in this video.

YouTube - 2009 - Soccer Games evolution 1978-2008 part 1/2

Last edited:
I hear what you are saying but I just want to play against a team that will give me a game.
I dont want every game to feel like its a training session of you try and break througha 10 man wall because thats what it feels like.
Cheslea, Bayern, Fiorentina to name 3 dont have 10 men in the box and whack a long ball back to the other team.

This and shooting are probably my biggest two problems. I can see through the others as there is a good game in there but I just want to switch on the game and think here we have two teams that want to win and will try to score. Not every game finishing 0-0 or 1-0 due to a cheating breakaway goal.

Also just for clarification what buttons are people pressing when shooting? whats the finese button? Im sure I read there was one?

I hear what you are saying but I just want to play against a team that will give me a game.
I dont want every game to feel like its a training session of you try and break througha 10 man wall because thats what it feels like.
Cheslea, Bayern, Fiorentina to name 3 dont have 10 men in the box and whack a long ball back to the other team.

This and shooting are probably my biggest two problems. I can see through the others as there is a good game in there but I just want to switch on the game and think here we have two teams that want to win and will try to score. Not every game finishing 0-0 or 1-0 due to a cheating breakaway goal.

Also just for clarification what buttons are people pressing when shooting? whats the finese button? Im sure I read there was one?

I think FIFA is better in this respect.

I play crap teams in FIFA they park up in defense or sit back anyway with poor attacks. I play against BRazil they all over me with flair, wonder passes and trick moves.

To everyone disliking the game at the moment (PC), I had the same problem when 1.01 patch came out and here is what I did....

INSTALLED JENKEY'S PATCH....

On 1.01 the games had become lifeless, stale, and it was just one me attack, they defend mess ALL THE TIME.

Many people said that patch 1.02 changed all this, but I couldn't see it. The goalies may have been tweaked slightly, and shooting ever so slightly, but to me it wasn't a great deal, there was no back and forth battle and the games panned out pretty much like 1.01, with the CPU teams parking the bus, no midfield showdowns, with the added irritations that the CPU had become more aggressive with regards to pressuring you, more responsive in terms of tackling your strikers and more psychic in terms of blocking near enough all shots. Many people said the AI came alive again, which I think is just complete bollocks, players were as static as ever.

I was ready to pack in the game again, it seemed like Top Player was just like cheat mode, and even the balanced Superstar mode previously had gone cheat crazy. On top of that players I felt were now becoming sluggish with each patch that KONAMI introduced....in short I was frustrated at the game (even though I was top of the league, the game just felt shit), becoming bored at how the matches were panning out, and ready to give PES a wide break...

UNTIL

JENKEY'S PATCH 3.0...

THIS ONCE AGAIN HAS MADE THIS GAME INTO SOMETHING BRILLIANT FROM THE SHIT FEST THAT IT WAS BECOMING -

People may think I'm some kind of Jenkey bum chum; the fact is he has now released two tweak tools to grossly change the gameplay of the game and to give huge amounts of life into it.

On top of the usual me being able to change the ball weight and shot power to finally keep the fkin ball from zooming off into orbit, he has a gameplay tweak and CPU removal cheat tweak (I'm not sure how he does it, but they work brilliantly). Player responsiveness is nothing short of f'in stunning, the players feel free and the rails element has gone. Passing is crisp, dribbling looks realistic as he has tweaked the dribbling accuracy also. You can also take away the irritating replays, tweak gamespeed (I usually use 95, 100 being the default) but tweaking the gamespeed doesn't break the game as it would by changing it in game, with all responsiveness of the players lost when you decrease the game. Players are actually moving about, but the best part is is that the games also play very sim like. I usually play 15 or 17 min matches, the shots ratios are very realistic, and the possession is very realistic (on Superstar mode anyway)

So, here it is, the reason I'm enjoying it once again -

PES 2012 (patch 1.02)
PESEDIT (latest compatible version with 1.02)
Jenkey's Patch 3.0 (again compatible with 1.02)
- ball weight maxed, shot power 40/45, gamespeed 95, replays off, new curve, new net physic, goaly improvements, added player movement, more responsiveness

If you haven't tried it, at least give it a go!

Cheers

+2

I must say, we played a 3-man offline league last night, Top Player, 15 minute games, Home and Away, -1, with Bolton, Zenit and Ajax. Wow, quite simply the best offline PES league we have ever had. The way each game told it's own story was just amazing. Each game was completely different to the next, with the player and team individuality on a different level altogether. We all agreed, we have never played such a realistic game of football, ever. We all absolutely loved it. People can whinge and moan as much as they like, but when we have 4 hours of pure, undiluted football with every scenario and more being played out before our eyes, I can only feel pity. I have no idea what people are missing. It truly was incredible.

Back
Top Bottom