PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Meh. I don't really see much difference. Jenkey is one man (genius) and does a much better job of fixing their game. The day people like Juce and Jenkey stop modding the pc version is the day I'll probably stop buying PES.

Does anyone else feel shooting has improved? I found shots that would previously not travel as quick because you were trying to dig them out from your feet now have more power. Not massively but just enough that you can't say oh dear that looks so slow. lol

Maybe they've improved the touches with the ball so it's not as close to your feet when you're dribbling towards goals?

Either way it feels heavier now and I've been mucking around in free training with running towards one post but hitting it across the player's body towards the other post. Feels better and you think "ooh just dragged it wide past the post" instead of ballooning it off into the distance.

Maybe they've improved the touches with the ball so it's not as close to your feet when you're dribbling towards goals?

I noticed it right away, dribbling looks and feels less clumsy, RT/R2 dribbling in particular now feels excellent and you feel far more in control of it, it just feels less loose in general and its a major improvement for me.

I actually got on with the 1.01 patch and found some great games in there on Master League but this is just so far ahead of that now, like the finished version of the game, still got pissed off when the keeper dived away from the goal at the near post to let a wide angled shot past him though, haha.

The thing is now with the improved dribbling there seems far more individuality which I did not feel before in ML to encourage me to replace some players, also the quicker heavier chipped through ball is now an absolute godsend, it was totally broken before this release in its floatiness.

Well I've pit FIFA in my bag and at lunch time may well trade it for Pes.

Anyone know how much hmv are giving trade for Fifa? They are selling pes for £32 so if I get £25 for FIFA I'll be happy.

One of the benefits of working on PES at Konami must be laughing your tits off at all the things people think they see in a relatively minor update.

Shooting in PES2012 is NOT addressed by 1.02. If anything it feels a bit worse.

Everything else feels exactly the same. If 1.02 was really as marked a change as the believers believe, wouldn't it be so obvious as to be undeniable?

Enjoy your placebos fellas. I hear they put sugar in them.

Well I've pit FIFA in my bag and at lunch time may well trade it for Pes.

Anyone know how much hmv are giving trade for Fifa? They are selling pes for £32 so if I get £25 for FIFA I'll be happy.

I'm thinking of doing the same. How schizophrenic am I this year?:P

Nothing wrong with the game at all but if PES is back to its demo goodness I don't know if I really need it.

I noticed it right away, dribbling looks and feels less clumsy, RT/R2 dribbling in particular now feels excellent and you feel far more in control of it, it just feels less loose in general and its a major improvement for me.

I actually got on with the 1.01 patch and found some great games in there on Master League but this is just so far ahead of that now, like the finished version of the game, still got pissed off when the keeper dived away from the goal at the near post to let a wide angled shot past him though, haha.

The thing is now with the improved dribbling there seems far more individuality which I did not feel before in ML to encourage me to replace some players, also the quicker heavier chipped through ball is now an absolute godsend, it was totally broken before this release in its floatiness.

The weightier ball physics have definitely improved the chipped through pass and shooting. It's a tiny difference but enough to really fix them.

One of the benefits of working on PES at Konami must be laughing your tits off at all the things people think they see in a relatively minor update.

Everything else feels exactly the same. If 1.02 was really as marked a change as the believers believe, wouldn't it be so obvious as to be undeniable?

Just been reading some comments on WENB and most have said the same as you. Nothing has changed. Keepers are still poor and shooting is is still awful.

Im caught between rock and a hard place as I love PES but have fifa and it dont give me half as much fun a classic PES.

Do I trade FIFA for PES? Im sick of thinking about it!!!

I'm thinking of doing the same. How schizophrenic am I this year?:P

Nothing wrong with the game at all but if PES is back to its demo goodness I don't know if I really need it.

I notice a lot of your posts and comments have the same view as me.
You just want a classic PES and although Fifa is good its not PES is it?

Ive owned 3 Fifas and 1 PES12 already!

Im all over the place this year.

It's certainly not a placebo effect at all, about a month ago Jon asked me for feedback, it was a massively long email full of criticism I gave him back, this update coming from 1.01 is night and day for me, but then I never found issues with shooting in 1.01, I think some people have just not played it enough to become accustomed to the game, such as the shooting, I call this the "I am shit but will call the game shit instead" effect.

And I actually had a good 6 hours with FIFA at the weekend too, I like it and will keep both if that's ok?

The good thing is, some things are provable. I use to have a lot more ball possession playing against the AI and after the new patch i have less ball possession. That is what the statistic screen told me after every game. It is not a huge difference but it changed from 70-65 to 60-55.

Game speed has changed too and this is most obvious. It is not possible not to see this.

Shooting is hard to tell. I "feel" the ball has some more weight in some shooting-situations. But "feel" is nothing i could prove. So you may have a point here.

Last edited:
The weightier ball physics have definitely improved the chipped through pass and shooting. It's a tiny difference but enough to really fix them.

See, this is what disturbs me about life post-patch in the next-gen era. Your comment presupposes that it's a definite, settled fact that there are now 'weightier ball physics'. I object to the smuggling in of your perception as a settled fact. I don't see it myself and nor do many others.

I know from the past two years when the same post-patch hysteria took place that it's a waste of time trying to establish any kind of objectivity in the community about patches. Hell, in PES2010 there was a boots n balls DLC that was hailed as the greatest ever gameplay patch. Then as now, the emperor remains butt naked.

I was and still am enjoying PES2012, for the record, but it remains this morning pretty much the same game it was yesterday morning.

"OMG! If you can't see the changes you must be BLIND...!!!"

Like I say, I'm fully aware of where the argument goes after this point, so I'll just bow out. Which leaves the floor wide open for the patch-atistas to whip up the familiar frenzy, but so be it.

Just been reading some comments on WENB and most have said the same as you. Nothing has changed. Keepers are still poor and shooting is is still awful.

have to disagree there, the majority of people on their forum are saying the pace is slower, ball weightier, more active AI, tackling hugely improved (almost no superhuman AI dribbling), keepers improved etc.

See, this is what disturbs me about life post-patch in the next-gen era. Your comment presupposes that it's a definite, settled fact that there are now 'weightier ball physics'. I object to the smuggling in of your perception as a settled fact. I don't see it myself and nor do many others.

I know from the past two years when the same post-patch hysteria took place that it's a waste of time trying to establish any kind of objectivity in the community about patches. Hell, in PES2010 there was a boots n balls DLC that was hailed as the greatest ever gameplay patch. Then as now, the emperor remains butt naked.

I was and still am enjoying PES2012, for the record, but it remains this morning pretty much the same game it was yesterday morning.

"OMG! If you can't see the changes you must be BLIND...!!!"

Like I say, I'm fully aware of where the argument goes after this point, so I'll just bow out. Which leaves the floor wide open for the patch-atistas to whip up the familiar frenzy, but so be it.

Fucking hell you're paranoid man. Get a grip. Just because we have a differing opinion, don't go accusing me of 'smuggling in opinion as fact'. I always state it's just MY opinion if you bother to read other posts, as I've also told people that I'm in no position to say whether they should re-buy the game or not. What, do I need to add some kind of disclaimer every time I post an opinion that this represents just me and not undeniable fact?

This is a forum to share opinion, and you're basically telling me and others to not state our opinions because you don't see the same as me? That's bullshit.

Oh, and don't go quoting "OMG! If you can't see the changes then you must be blind" as if it was me who said it. Now you're putting words into people's mouths. I never said that. It's entirely your right to say you don't see any difference, but I and many others do and we should be allowed the right to state that opinion without sarcasm from the likes of you taking the piss just because you disagree, like you did when you made some smart arse comment about everyone "enjoying their placebo, I hear they put sugar in it". You try and claim that some of us are telling others what to think when in actual fact you're the one doing it more than anyone.

Last edited:
I notice a lot of your posts and comments have the same view as me.
You just want a classic PES and although Fifa is good its not PES is it?

Ive owned 3 Fifas and 1 PES12 already!

Im all over the place this year.

Yep, it's a really odd year for me in terms of football games. I'm feeling torn between two games. Fifa is such a solid, playable product that does almost everything well, and PES in comparison is quite archaic, but.....there's still nothing like that feeling PES can provide when it shines. Fifa can't touch it.

Ideally I'd like to keep both as each has its own appeal to me, but I'm so short of funds I may have to chose one or the other. I'll give it a few more days of impressions to see how the patch reaction pans out.

In this moment if somebody say that keepers are poor it's means smoke something really bad. What do you want? superhuman? Now keepers are good enough. Some animations looks not realistic but basic are good.

I dont think people would have a problem with the keeper "parrys" if they parried them into saftey rather than letting the ball hit their hands like they are a wet piece of lettuce and into the strikers path for tap in.

Yep, it's a really odd year for me in terms of football games. I'm feeling torn between two games. Fifa is such a solid, playable product that does almost everything well, and PES in comparison is quite archaic, but.....there's still nothing like that feeling PES can provide when it shines. Fifa can't touch it.

Ideally I'd like to keep both as each has its own appeal to me, but I'm so short of funds I may have to chose one or the other. I'll give it a few more days of impressions to see how the patch reaction pans out.

Whatever decision I make by 1pm I will stick with for year.
I cant keep going back and forth back and forth.
Fifa has everything you need in the game but if you are long term PES fan something is missing from Fifa. Cant quite put my finger on it.

Whatever decision I make by 1pm I will stick with for year.
I cant keep going back and forth back and forth.
Fifa has everything you need in the game but if you are long term PES fan something is missing from Fifa. Cant quite put my finger on it.

the something missing in Fifa is individuality, that's the only thing
when EA will nail that Konami will be in real trouble
anyway till now there is too little individuality in Fifa

edit:in this patch you see individuality a bit more than before

My perception is thus;

On the PC, the game definitely feels slower than before, on the PS3 nothing much has changed it's definitely still too fast (on gamespeed 0).

This new patch - the CPU have more possession, they are more willing to spend more time passing the ball around your eighteen yard box. It's early doors but on Top Player, I feel cheated more now. Some through balls from the CPU are just going through my defenders. The CPU in defence is just awesome, no space whatsoever to even trigger off shots. Keepers? Haven't really noticed a difference. AI attacking? Rampant, whilst they are having more possession (which is a good thing) I have been savagely beaten by Man Utd, Man City, Fulham and Newcastle. Previously I prided myself on my defence now I'm shipping goals in for fun, with even Fulham having laser guided Barce esque traits....Danny Murphy yesterdat was still blitzing past my defenders, so I don't think tackling has been altered that much.

So...if you're asking right now what I prefer between out of the box with patch 1.02, and my totally modded patch 1.01 with Jenkey's tool for ball weighting etc, I'd have to go with the latter.

I'll put a caveat to that though and say that last night I played on Top Player, and it was a bit insane, today I'm going to play with Superstar so this will be the acid test for me. I give everything a fair crack so I'll give this the best effort today and report back. But from what I can see at the moment, Jenkey's with increased ball weight and shot power is far better than this patch!

My next dilemma is which version to get - 360 or PS3?

Ah the eternal problem.....I had the same dilemma. Opted for the 360 in the end because I think it looks much nicer. I don't really care that much about option files though as I usually play one of the licenced leagues already in the game. I guess it comes down to weighing up the graphical difference, which controller you prefer and whether editing is an issue or not.

I use the data migration cable to apply the option files directly to the hard drive on the 360 so it's much, much quicker and easier than the arduous copy and pasting on the PS3. I used the Daymos option file for PES2010 which was pretty damn good.

Back
Top Bottom