PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I don't really feel that I have enough experience wit pre-patch, 1.01 or the new 1.02, but it still feels quite a bit better (mind you only after 2 games). Playing on Professional, -2, the AI seems to pressure less, will even back off occasionally, passing has been great in these two games as well. It's still rock hard, I just got beaten by Napoli 4-2 after going 1-2 up with Ajax. There were some awesome moments, one last minute goalmouth save by the CPU which left me grabbing my hair.

I don't know what they have fixed with the free-kicks, computer had one in a dangerous area and yes it ended inside the net.

I don't really feel that I have enough experience wit pre-patch, 1.01 or the new 1.02, but it still feels quite a bit better (mind you only after 2 games). Playing on Professional, -2, the AI seems to pressure less, will even back off occasionally

The AI pressures even less? Is that possible?

Does it still put 9 men back and look to attack solely by means of counter attacking?

just one word...OMG..bye bye to the onlinecheesefestronaldomessishow.....gamepace has been toned down..you need to build up your play patiently...just took half working day off due to my terrible throatache..aahahah...pes powers....ahahah...

Err no....lol

Just had to play online to get enough points to open up the club lineup option and just had the most awful game of PES I've ever had. I didn't have time to see whether or not the gameplay has improved; I was too busy trying to escape the non-stop pressure whore chasing of a Real Madrid player.

Alas, I do not think that the patch will change online in any way, shape or form. If KONAMI want to be serious about online they would introduce an immediate power drain for players that sprint around constantly. On top of that he was playing with all assists on and me assists off....quite possibly the most harrowing 5 minutes of my life...

I hate online so much that for the next fifty points to buy club lineup I'm going to watch 5 CPU matches....I'd rather do that and poke me eyes out than play another online Real/Barce pressure fest!

PS - Just watched a terrific Man Utd goal on CPU v CPU against Milan, lots of intricate passing, on Top Player, bodes well for Master League maybe?

PC that is mate, I'm going to run with the PC for the afternoon, then give the PS3 version (with update and your gameplay) a go tonight!

Err no....lol

Just had to play online to get enough points to open up the club lineup option and just had the most awful game of PES I've ever had. I didn't have time to see whether or not the gameplay has improved; I was too busy trying to escape the non-stop pressure whore chasing of a Real Madrid player.

Alas, I do not think that the patch will change online in any way, shape or form. If KONAMI want to be serious about online they would introduce an immediate power drain for players that sprint around constantly. On top of that he was playing with all assists on and me assists off....quite possibly the most harrowing 5 minutes of my life...

I hate online so much that for the next fifty points to buy club lineup I'm going to watch 5 CPU matches....I'd rather do that and poke me eyes out than play another online Real/Barce pressure fest!

PS - Just watched a terrific Man Utd goal on CPU v CPU against Milan, lots of intricate passing, on Top Player, bodes well for Master League maybe?

They did..just played few games hammering the usual suspects Barcarunners with my chelsea and the overall pace tempo has been drastically toned down avoiding the same back and forth runnings. On line mode is really addictive now...bye bye sprinting whores..

I'm really hoping the patch can improve the AI in some way, maybe make them play less on the counter attack. Actually I played demo 2 last night and have to say, comparing it to version 1.00, it's identical. The AI behaves in the same way, it gets loads of men back etc. Maybe playing the odd demo match it seemed fine, whereas playing the full game more often it becomes more apparent.

But the full game is crazy, it has a bizarre phenomenon where you leave the game for a few days because you're not enjoying it, then you go back to it and have an amazing match that's thoroughly enjoyable, you think the game is good and maybe it's you're just playing it wrong, then every time the following match turns into an awful AI counter attack fest. Played Spurs v Rangers last night, it was great, hung on for a 3-2 win. Second game, played Germany v Switzerland, and the AI went back to all of its old tricks. I had posessiono of the ball about 45-50 yards out, just over the halfway line, and I stopped and looked at the AI formation and they had all ELEVEN players lining up on the edge of their penalty area. Was insane, wish I'd taken a picture or a video or something :(

Anyways I of course hit a brick wall, get within 25-30 yards and the AI hounds you down with insane pressure (and 2-3 players triple pressing you with no effects on their stamina all game), then the AI lumped a long ball down the pitch straight to a lone AI attacker, who, just the one time in the whole game skated past three defenders (why, I don't know, every other occasion I seemed to win the ball), 0-1, game over.

I'm posting in here not as a direct moan but because the game has two sides, first game always plays fantastic, the rest seem to be terrible. Really bizarre.

I did try to sell this on Amazon but have taken it off now as there were no takers, the poor thing's now selling for just £25 brand new too.

Last edited:
Shooting feels improved also. More weight perhaps. Had Rooney whip a couple just wide with delightful pace and bend. Players from Parma hit a couple wide but with realistic physics. Felt good!

And I slotted a 1 v 1 with Parma into the bottom corner and R2

What should you do first, install the patches and then an OF, or OF first and then the patches from Konami? Or doesnt it matter? Because alst year it did affect gameplay.

Thanks for answer! :)

They have finally got rid of that awful motion blur on replays. :)

edit: Active AI is back also, players making runs and moving into space is a joy again.

Certainly plays more like Demo 2/1.00 than 1.01 :)

Last edited:
Just played a game v England, Ashley Cole kept going on runs beating about 5 players everytime and he also slotted home twice and set one up. He seems FAR to good i dont remember Messi ever being this good????

Been looking at the preset tactics in PES and seeing if i can take a more tactical approach to my games rather than just playing with defaults. However when i try to change any of the sliders in preset tactic 1 it seems that they are 'locked' and dont give me full control over setting them. presets 2,3 and 4 seem fine and i have full control over the sliders.

Anyone know why this is the case?

Just played a game v England, Ashley Cole kept going on runs beating about 5 players everytime and he also slotted home twice and set one up. He seems FAR to good i dont remember Messi ever being this good????

Oh dear. So not much has changed for offline then :(

Jamez, I'll give it a try hopefully tonight at some point and see if there's any difference.

Oh dear. So not much has changed for offline then :(

Jamez, I'll give it a try hopefully tonight at some point and see if there's any difference.

i don't know what game is currently playing...off line: never experienced so much joy even playing on superstar, just hammered pes post patch 1.02 with friendly matches picking different teams and AI is more alive, defensive aspects have been improved quite a lot, the pace of the game has been toned down and full manual now relies much more on player individuality skills, no more cpu parking the bus as they press you with more ratio , midfield has come back to a fighting land as it should have been previously.Quite frankly, defending now is much more rewarding especially on line where "the cristina ronaldo show" is definitely disappeared.Maybe the shooting system is lacking of a bit of consistency due ,perhaps, to the revisited keepers but i need more testing.

i'm really satisfied...good work konami.

can someone tell me if they fixed

1)auto aiming shoots(often it happens I aim the faraway post but the ball goes on the other post)

2)penalty awful system (It is not possible to shoot out of goal)

anyone up for some 2v2 on 360? its getting really tedious trying to get games going, because people have left the clock run down and a random team has been picked they quit which has resulted in me having a 70% completion rate and banned or something from competitions. thanks a lot.

I'm sure haters will not see any dofference. Great job KONAMI!

I think long standing fans of the series are praying for a difference.
But we have to be aware of the placebo effect.
As soon as someone says something good everyone will jump on the wagon and say they have noticed it when they havent.

They have finally got rid of that awful motion blur on replays. :)

edit: Active AI is back also, players making runs and moving into space is a joy again.

Certainly plays more like Demo 2/1.00 than 1.01 :)

OMG, no more motion blur on replays? That's not a gamebreaker, but hell that was irritating.

I think long standing fans of the series are praying for a difference.
But we have to be aware of the placebo effect.
As soon as someone says something good everyone will jump on the wagon and say they have noticed it when they havent.

defnitely it's not placebo effect
the game right now is improved in many areas, some slightly some more noticeable
as someone pointed out, Active Ai is now more active, goalkeepers are improved (not completely fixed), gameplay feels more alive
shooting is improved too, less authomatic crossing and shooting
online is noticeably slower
no blur in replays anymore

Um, I just got handed a 1-5 drubbing...by Fulham. Oh, yeah something's changed alright. I'm going to have a couple more games but not feeling at the moment. I'm a bit gutted as I just wiped my perfect settings off the drive to give this a go from scratch. Danny Murphy dribbling through players like fun...hmm more testing needed, but if it's like this it's going to be deletion. This was on Top Player mind, need to try it on Superstar. At one stage Fulham scored 5 goals from 5 attempts!

Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but - apart from the tweaked goalies and the supposedly slower online - is this basically just back to pre-patch?

Actually regarding the problem with not being able to shots that people seem to be having, is it a case of not being able to direct 'control shots' too? I'm not going to have any sympathy for people looking to score powerful shots (via only pressing B) and them not going in the corner you want in any given situation. Where as in contrast control shots should be way more accurate but less powerful.

Um, I just got handed a 1-5 drubbing...by Fulham. Oh, yeah something's changed alright. I'm going to have a couple more games but not feeling at the moment. I'm a bit gutted as I just wiped my perfect settings off the drive to give this a go from scratch. Danny Murphy dribbling through players like fun...hmm more testing needed, but if it's like this it's going to be deletion. This was on Top Player mind, need to try it on Superstar. At one stage Fulham scored 5 goals from 5 attempts!

My beating was 7-0, worse defeat I think I've ever suffered vs. AI on PES. Granted it's only one match but oh deary :CONFUSE:

Haven't had a chance to try it yet, but - apart from the tweaked goalies and the supposedly slower online - is this basically just back to pre-patch?

Online speed seem unchanged to me - hectic as ever if one plater is on pass assist (only PC tested so far).

Goalies still parry too much - in my last game - 5-goals, 4 were rebounds from the keeper. The 5th sailed right past his head.

:FAIL:

Back
Top Bottom