PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I have been playing on Long Cam for a while but tried out Live Broadcast cam last night. Not sure if it's placebo but the passing and play in general on zero speed felt slower than some of the other camera angles.

Anyone else care to try?

I've mentioned this before as well Frank. The game plays at different speeds at different cameras. I guess nobody reads my posts. :APPLAUD:

Ah! bugger!

Not sure if it's in the game then or because of my patch. I am going to try and make things a bit tougher and also look at if forwards stats need reduced, but getting the balance is difficult as if I don't get it right the opposition won't threaten as much

Quick question on this, if you do another update on your file, will I need to re-start my ML for these updates to take effect, or will they autmoatically be incorporated into my exisiting ML? Same goes for the update that Goalgerd has done??? Thanks

Disaster has just struck.

Playing about with the game and my ps3 turns itself of and beeps 3 times. Happens now every time I try to start it.

This has happened on the same day my computer has done virtually the same thing, even down to the number of beeps ( although the pc also has one long beep before three short ones )

Any ideas? I hope to sort the pc by checking the memory and that everything is plugged in right,but I am clueless about h ps3 and have already tried the fan test

Quick question on this, if you do another update on your file, will I need to re-start my ML for these updates to take effect, or will they autmoatically be incorporated into my exisiting ML? Same goes for the update that Goalgerd has done??? Thanks

Master league creates a new database of player stats when you start it and it loads this each time you load it, so you need to start a new master league to see the changes

Playing about with the game and my ps3 turns itself of and beeps 3 times. Happens now every time I try to start it.

This has happened on the same day my computer has done virtually the same thing, even down to the number of beeps ( although the pc also has one long beep before three short ones )

Any ideas? I hope to sort the pc by checking the memory and that everything is plugged in right,but I am clueless about h ps3 and have already tried the fan test

you got old fat ps3?

I had this, its YLOD. 3 beeps. fan test worsen it. IMO its a goner. Need to buy a new one.

Yeah, just realised it's the YLOD. I am going to look into getting it repaired or may get a new one tomorrow.

I repaired mines using the internet YLOD fix guides. heat gun, resolder et...

But it didnt last long and broke again so I bought a slim.

YLOD fix is only temporary.

Bad thing is you lose all your saved game data etc. on your hard drive as its imposibble to access.

you could try get it repaired 1st before you buy a new one,could save you a few quid,il keep working away with the file until you get sorted

I'm not 100% but i think that is telling you it's something to do with your video card. I would try re-seating it.

Sorry forget that , i thought you were talking about a pc.

Last edited:
yo should I/can I return my Pes 2012 for PC. Can you even return Pc games. Well amazon offer 30 day no problems money back.

Thing is I have not gave it a chance.

The problem is I only have so much time and when I want to play a footy video game I just put on FIFA 12.

Now when I played PES 2012 it seemed ok but not great and I defo had not adapted to it.

But so many people here and eslwhere slating the game and with my addiciton to FIFA 12 why keep? thing is I only have like 1-2 weeks to return to amazon. So I either.

1. Beast the game for 1 week and decide if I like (though tbh I dotn have time and I like to play fifa)

2. Just return.

Plus I can always buy later date, maybe cheaper in Jan/Feb with new patches also?

I just think if possession football is what you adopt and excel at, then dont be suprised to have the upper-hand in this statistical stakes. Or do I have that wrong ?

This is correct, unfortuantely this game has been built on counter/attacking football. If you play possesion football you will end with the most % of play. Despite the tactics to play a certain konami haven't wired it down properly.

Hoping for the future that Konami can code how certain teams play irl and inplement it into the game. So Barca play a patient possesion game, Napoli counter on the wings, Stoke an ugly long ball game etc...Give us 10-15 different styles of play where we can actually see the effect.

They need to follow in the same steps as ea and watch and research a game of football, ea result has been to replicate the game of football across the board which is great as they have a great base to further build upon.

This is correct, unfortuantely this game has been built on counter/attacking football. If you play possesion football you will end with the most % of play. Despite the tactics to play a certain konami haven't wired it down properly.

Hoping for the future that Konami can code how certain teams play irl and inplement it into the game. So Barca play a patient possesion game, Napoli counter on the wings, Stoke an ugly long ball game etc...Give us 10-15 different styles of play where we can actually see the effect.

They need to follow in the same steps as ea and watch and research a game of football, ea result has been to replicate the game of football across the board which is great as they have a great base to further build upon.

It's the same with every PES I can remember. I could get beaten 4-0 and I'll still have at least 60% of the possession, even against the likes of Barcelona. The AI plays the same no matter who it is, defend, defend, counter. All the time.

Sorry to bring up the 'other' game in a PES thread but its relevant here, I dont know how EA did it this year but FIFA12 us the first videogame I've ever played where the AI plays patient football with the right teams, and you'll often find that an away tie at the Camp Nou will see the AI dominate possession of the ball, and threaten, without the need for through balls or slalom style dribbling on the counter attack. I just can't find anything realistic in the way PES AI teams attack.

It's the same with every PES I can remember. I could get beaten 4-0 and I'll still have at least 60% of the possession, even against the likes of Barcelona. The AI plays the same no matter who it is, defend, defend, counter. All the time.

I am not sure about the CPU is only using counters. I have seen many teams passing the ball around. Maybe it is different on different levels though.
I think the higher levels play a bit more defensive after the patch but in general there are plenty teams playing a passing game.
It may depend on your own playing style. If you play a passing game yourself, you can expect defensive opponents.
In my games the CPU attacks plenty. That's because I play low pressure until the ball is about 10 meters past the middle-line.
That way you get a completely different match than with high and severe pressing.

I'm not 100% but i think that is telling you it's something to do with your video card. I would try re-seating it.

Sorry forget that , i thought you were talking about a pc.

Yeah, I thought it was the video card or memory being displaced. I am going to tackle the pc later.

Ps3 sorted, £180 for slim one. Going to put my old one on eBay as spares and may sell the new dual shock I get with the new console

Sorry to bring up the 'other' game in a PES thread but its relevant here, I dont know how EA did it this year but FIFA12 us the first videogame I've ever played where the AI plays patient football with the right teams, and you'll often find that an away tie at the Camp Nou will see the AI dominate possession of the ball, and threaten, without the need for through balls or slalom style dribbling on the counter attack. I just can't find anything realistic in the way PES AI teams attack.

I know what you're saying but the issue with FIFA is that possession football is just illusory, it is just programming for the CPU to play possession football, just for the sake of it. In PES teams are geared to attack to quickly and too directly, I understand your point here and agree with you that it is too overpowered. But at least it is what it is. In FIFA there is another problem altogether. Played Burton Albion the other day as Liverpool, one moved must have consisted of about 50 passes from then, I'm not shitting you, all the possession football is just illusory therefore and pretty programming to say, hey look I can keep possession. Then all of a sudden a script will kick in that engineers a CPU chance, it's normally in the shape of the one on one at the corner of the box leaving your guy one on one and helpless. This is how FIFA scores its goals.

So in my mind FIFA's gameplay is the more devious, it tries to be subtle but after a few dozen games or so you realise that FIFA is really shit in the AI department, and so to even this out it uses cheap possessive tactics and cheap goals (normally one on one, or crosses for the six yard tap in).

Infuriating!

Installed the game, patch 1.01 and the DLC and then my game play file. Boot up the game and find the game play is now much faster on my new PS3.

I have said before there is times when I get it playing how I want it and I refuse to install the slightest thing like a boot pack or any other file as the least thing seems to change this game.

No wonder people have such a different oppinion of the game.

i played 2 v 2 local with mates last night, -1 speed. THIS is where it is at. -2 the game becomes unresponsive and a slug fest. We had many great games, chrisy ronaldo is done so well it is nba2k like. He played and moves and shoots just like the real one... this game still has something special to offer. It just is taking time to click like all iterations...

GET MATES, GET BEER, PLAY 2 v 2 -1 speed on pc with pesedit, good times for all

Infuriating!

Installed the game, patch 1.01 and the DLC and then my game play file. Boot up the game and find the game play is now much faster on my new PS3.

I have said before there is times when I get it playing how I want it and I refuse to install the slightest thing like a boot pack or any other file as the least thing seems to change this game.

:CONFUSE: Oh my god. Game is faster on a PS3 slim!? This is getting ridiculous. Different tv sizes, different resolutions,different platforms all play at a different speed. Have you tried playing with the PS3 settings?

I finally managed to play PES on PC yesterday and player movement and ball speed is slower, less jerky movement and there is no FIFA-esque 'skating' effect like PS3.

Infuriating!

Exactly Chimps, I've never played a game that differs so wildly depending on which platform, gamepseed, aspect ratio, camera angle, patch, OF's, etc etc as this one. Using a variety of settings and depending in what mood I'm in the game probably plays about a dozen different ways. Even an aspect ratio change from 16:9 to 4:3 on the PC makes the gameplay change radically. It's a weird game.

With Chimps explanation about his own OF i spend two days editing the player stats from Bayern and Bayer Leverkusen. First it was just for fun but now i'm surprised how much of a difference it makes.

The following Video is a match (First half, stopped at 30 minutes)between CPU vs CPU, Speed at 0, Difficulty Topplayer without edited player stats.

YouTube - FC Bayern vs Bayer Leverkusen (CPU vs CPU) - PES 2012

The next Video is a match between CPU vs CPU, Speed at 0, Difficulty Topplayer with edited player stats.

YouTube - FC Bayern vs Bayer Leverkusen (CPU vs CPU) - Editierte Version - PES 2012

Unfortunately it is difficult to show you the real thing with a video. The speed is always a little higher, you have to keep that in mind watching. But i think it is good enough to show you the difference in gameplay. Please look at the movement speed, passing speed, shooting, playing style and you will notice how different both versions are.

And keep in mind it is speed 0 and Topplayer!

Exactly Chimps, I've never played a game that differs so wildly depending on which platform, gamepseed, aspect ratio, camera angle, patch, OF's, etc etc as this one. Using a variety of settings and depending in what mood I'm in the game probably plays about a dozen different ways. Even an aspect ratio change from 16:9 to 4:3 on the PC makes the gameplay change radically. It's a weird game.

I have said for years that there is stadiums the game players better on. It always players slower and less responsive when playing at night as well.

I wrote the game play and tested it using the new juventus stadium as I think the pitch looks best.

I have just installed the full OF and with the strips and the game play has slowed and unbelievably now became slower than it was originally on my old ps3.

No wonder konami put the choice of 4 speeds in. I reckon they could do with a choice of 10 speeds so that they could take into account any setting, tv or option file you have on.

With Chimps explanation about his own OF i spend two days editing the player stats from Bayern and Bayer Leverkusen. First it was just for fun but now i'm surprised how much of a difference it makes.

The following Video is a match (First half, stopped at 30 minutes)between CPU vs CPU, Speed at 0, Difficulty Topplayer without edited player stats.

YouTube - FC Bayern vs Bayer Leverkusen (CPU vs CPU) - PES 2012

The next Video is a match between CPU vs CPU, Speed at 0, Difficulty Topplayer with edited player stats.

YouTube - FC Bayern vs Bayer Leverkusen (CPU vs CPU) - Editierte Version - PES 2012

Unfortunately it is difficult to show you the real thing with a video. The speed is always a little higher, you have to keep that in mind watching. But i think it is good enough to show you the difference in gameplay. Please look at the movement speed, passing speed, shooting, playing style and you will notice how different both versions are.

And keep in mind it is speed 0 and Topplayer!

Once you get it perfected for a couple of teams, it gets easier and faster for others.

Glad the instructions were of help

I just had the greatest two games with Napoli. Last night I played Benfica in the CL, 1 single point from the group! Horrible, on professional. Now I have played two games with Napoli, first one against Valencia, came back to win 2-1. Next game against Rubin Kazan, 2-0. I think the main difference is how much better Napoli is. Passing is good with the occasional misplaced pass. Benfica was the exact opposite.

Lavezzi is a monster. two goals against Valencia, two assists against RK.

Back
Top Bottom