PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

My game keeps freezing, either Daymos OF cripples it or my Hard-drive is on it's last legs. Think it's the latter. :CONF:

Shame as I was getting along with it recently. Top of D2 pre-patch Top Player. Utilising a big lump up-front by playing very direct, old school no-nonsense football that would make early 90's Wimbledon proud. :SMUG:

@Chimps-with-quiffs

Thank you very much for taking the time and giving us some explanation about the changes you've made. Really appreciate it! Now i know how to start and can play a little with the stats.

I'm not going to edit all the players in the game i'm not that crazy and you have to be some kind of crazy for sure doing this - football crazy by all means :)) I'm rather buying the uk version of this game i guess.

But to get an idea about "what is possible with stats changing" your explanation helps a lot. I'm going to take 2,3 teams and try it out by myself.

@jimmy
thx for your explanation

can someone please describe me how to do the curved shoots
is it holding r2 + shoot or how to handle?
thx:)

@Chimps-with-quiffs

Thank you very much for taking the time and giving us some explanation about the changes you've made. Really appreciate it! Now i know how to start and can play a little with the stats.

I'm not going to edit all the players in the game i'm not that crazy and you have to be some kind of crazy for sure doing this - football crazy by all means :)) I'm rather buying the uk version of this game i guess.

But to get an idea about "what is possible with stats changing" your explanation helps a lot. I'm going to take 2,3 teams and try it out by myself.

That's how I started and before you know where you are you thinking you will do the big teams across europe, then you think you will do 1 league and then it never stops

My game keeps freezing, either Daymos OF cripples it or my Hard-drive is on it's last legs. Think it's the latter. :CONF:

Shame as I was getting along with it recently. Top of D2 pre-patch Top Player. Utilising a big lump up-front by playing very direct, old school no-nonsense football that would make early 90's Wimbledon proud. :SMUG:

I had to remove my Daymos option file, it kept doing something similar and causing my xbox to hang for up to half a minute when navigating some of the menus, most notably coming out of a game mode and back to the main menu for example. Drove me up the wall, I'd rather have no edited Premier League kits (I never want to play with English teams in ML for some odd reason) and the game worked properly than have all the kits and feel like the game's constantly crashing.

Not sure why this is happening, it's the first time I've used an option file on 360 so maybe this is par for the course. Don't know.

Iv'e also done some edits to tactics ltfc, I have a great mixture of tight matches, open matches slug fests etc without the patch on superstar whereas with the patch it almost felt like a better version of fifa 11(not a complement by the way.

Pretty much agree with what you say LTFC, great challenge yet more free than with the patch if that makes sense. -2 allows you to dictate the pace and gives more variety to matches, when using higher difficulties the speed increases anyway due to different factors so this speed represents a good balance.

Well I'm holding out hope that it continues in the same way the game played last night, a hard challenge despite the game being even in physical challenges and tighter AI defending without the need for ten man defences. That's all I need really :)

I had to remove my Daymos option file, it kept doing something similar and causing my xbox to hang for up to half a minute when navigating some of the menus, most notably coming out of a game mode and back to the main menu for example. Drove me up the wall, I'd rather have no edited Premier League kits (I never want to play with English teams in ML for some odd reason) and the game worked properly than have all the kits and feel like the game's constantly crashing.

Not sure why this is happening, it's the first time I've used an option file on 360 so maybe this is par for the course. Don't know.

Weird... I have that option file as well and it hasn't been causing me any problems at all...

I installed the patch and dlc before I installed the option file, don't know if that has anything to do with it...

Well I'm holding out hope that it continues in the same way the game played last night,a hard challenge despite the game being even in physical challenges and tighter AI defending without the need for ten man defences. That's all I need really :)

Don't hold your your breath LT, no two PES nights ever play out the same.

It's the sheer volume I think. Last year there was about a third of the files on the OF, and even then it took an age to load as well.

I'm with you tbh with regards to English teams. Much prefer the fantasy element of foreign teams. The Championship teams are a bit naff really anyway, mostly outdated squads with 90% of the stats completely unrelated to the respective players.

Suppose I'll have to remove it and start ANOTHER ML. :RANT:

Just been playing with the Chimps + Goalgerd effort, early indications guys but I miss say, personally, I'm not that impressed. That's not to say that they haven't done their best but I enjoyed the game more out of the box. Just had 63% possession against Chelsea on Top Player, not good. I thought the edits were to make the CPU pass the ball around more, Chelsea hoofed almost every ball and gave possession away cheaply nearly all the time. Sigh, I'm a bit disappointed as I traded in FIFA/Need for Speed to get the PS3 UK version when I already have the US version just to play the game with this option file.

Also Torres scored the lamest 5 mph shot I've seen for days on PES, I thought this OF fixed keepers ?!? Can anybody else give feedback perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

PS - deleted the patch 1.01 and it plays better, but I'm 3-0 up v Chelsea as Liverpool at HT and have had 62% possession, Chelsea are just lumping everything.

Last edited:
Just been playing with the Chimps + Goalgerd effort, early indications guys but I miss say, personally, I'm not that impressed. That's not to say that they haven't done their best but I enjoyed the game more out of the box. Just had 63% possession against Chelsea on Top Player, not good. I thought the edits were to make the CPU pass the ball around more, Chelsea hoofed almost every ball and gave possession away cheaply nearly all the time. Sigh, I'm a bit disappointed as I traded in FIFA/Need for Speed to get the PS3 UK version when I already have the US version just to play the game with this option file.

Also Torres scored the lamest 5 mph shot I've seen for days on PES, I thought this OF fixed keepers ?!? Can anybody else give feedback perhaps I'm doing something wrong.

Oof! our first negative review. Have you defintitely got the game play file on and are you on 1.01 of the konami patch? Are you playing on Top Player and which team did you use against Chelsea?

I ask these as knowing the stats of what Chelsea where before and what they are in my version, I cannot see how playing against them now would be easier. The keepers are also much better in the edited game play file and at times I have thought I have even made them too good

Just to check these are the steps you need to do

1. Install 1.01 patch
2. Install the full option file -

https://rapidshare.com/files/3846500469/PS3.rar

3. Install the game play file -

http://www.filesonic.com/file/2832683775

Last edited:
Is there any chant packs for the PS3 or something? Something to give the game a bit more atmosphere when playing?

My game keeps freezing, either Daymos OF cripples it or my Hard-drive is on it's last legs. Think it's the latter.
Ok, I have found there is a scenario that causes my PS3 to freeze. Based on a bit of experimentation, i can safely, & confidently, attribute PES2012 as being the cause. I, out of habit, compulsively monitor my opponents team whenever he pauses the game during a match. I've would always use the Man Marking option to glance at opposition players' form while noting any changes made to team shape & line up. On numerous occassions in the 2nd half my PS3 froze, at the exact same place, which is as I try to exit the Man Marking menu. This has happened in the 1st half as well, but the likelihood of it occurring increases as the game does. I haven't seen 1 freeze up since I stopped checking the form of opp players. I just thought I'd mention this as it might help someone else.

Oof! our first negative review. Have you defintitely got the game play file on and are you on 1.01 of the konami patch? Are you playing on Top Player and which team did you use against Chelsea?

I ask these as knowing the stats of what Chelsea where before and what they are in my version, I cannot see how playing against them now would be easier. The keepers are also much better in the edited game play file and at times I have thought I have even made them too good

Just to check these are the steps you need to do

1. Install 1.01 patch
2. Install the full option file -

https://rapidshare.com/files/3846500469/PS3.rar

3. Install the game play file -

http://www.filesonic.com/file/2832683775

Yeah think so mate. Copied all the files over, took about forty forty minutes or so, this was after installing the UK game, installing patch 1.01. Then applied the 7.5ish MB file, then ran a game. The first game I watched was Barce v Man Utd and was impressed. So decided to play a game.

Chelsea were just unable to maintain any possession against me, this was on Top Player, can't do Superstar yet as have to unlock it. I must say I wasn't too fussed post patch, Won 2-1 v Chelsea had massive possession and Torres scored a really lame slow goal.

So I tried it pre-patch and it seemed better, lovely and responsive etc, but was 3-0 up against Chelsea at half time with 62% possession. Again the CPU were just giving the ball away. I was Liverpool by the way, any thoughts?

Yeah think so mate. Copied all the files over, took about forty forty minutes or so, this was after installing the UK game, installing patch 1.01. Then applied the 7.5ish MB file, then ran a game. The first game I watched was Barce v Man Utd and was impressed. So decided to play a game.

Chelsea were just unable to maintain any possession against me, this was on Top Player, can't do Superstar yet as have to unlock it. I must say I wasn't too fussed post patch, Won 2-1 v Chelsea had massive possession and Torres scored a really lame slow goal.

So I tried it pre-patch and it seemed better, lovely and responsive etc, but was 3-0 up against Chelsea at half time with 62% possession. Again the CPU were just giving the ball away. I was Liverpool by the way, any thoughts?

Try against other teams. It may just be that Liverpool have been made better and Chelsea need made tougher to play against or their starting line up edited.

I have had feedback from a lot of people across 4 sites and you are the first person to say that it's easier than it was before and that keepers aren't much better.

A good few people have said they have needed to drop down from Top Player so that they could even get a shot in. I will have a look at Chelsea, but can remember play game specifically between Chelsea and Liverpool and them being really good games.

One way to make sure that you have the game play updated is to look at the rest of the teams in the Premier league (especially the smaller ones) and look their teamwork and tenacity and all players should have these in the 80's.

Try against other teams. It may just be that Liverpool have been made better and Chelsea need made tougher to play against or their starting line up edited.

I have had feedback from a lot of people across 4 sites and you are the first person to say that it's easier than it was before and that keepers aren't much better.

A good few people have said they have needed to drop down from Top Player so that they could even get a shot in. I will have a look at Chelsea, but can remember play game specifically between Chelsea and Liverpool and them being really good games.

One way to make sure that you have the game play updated is to look at the rest of the teams in the Premier league (especially the smaller ones) and look their teamwork and tenacity and all players should have these in the 80's.

hey mate doesnt the formation editor for the pc make this easier to replicate on the pc?

Trying again v Chelsea, first half not great. 63% possession, winning one nil, dominated them all half. Will report second half back then play a different team.

Just won again v Chelsea, they put up a better fight this time it seemed but still way, way too much possession for me. Had 63-37% possession, 12 shots to their 6, 6 on target for me 4 for them. They just don't seem to want to pass to each other. I used the default team lineup for me and obviously the cpu stayed the same. Most of my team were on green.

Going to have a bash against Stoke or Fulham or something.

Trying again v Chelsea, first half not great. 63% possession, winning one nil, dominated them all half. Will report second half back then play a different team.

Like I said, I may need to increase the odd team. By the the sounds of it you have played a game and a half against the same team and posted on two forums that you weren't impressed.

I have edited over a hundred teams manually and this is the first version of the file put out for feedback.

I'm not having a go, I'm just stating my findings. What do you want me to do lie?!?

Played another game v Manchester United, better than the previous game, won 2-1 against them, I had 58% possession, outshot them 12 to 7, 5 and 2 on target.

Still having too much possession though, still the CPU aren't holding onto the ball. I think the game now has a wonderful balance to it, everything seems equal, like the aerial headers, crosses attacking and defending, it seems like your on the same level playing field, but it's just too easy for me at the moment.

Will report back some more findings.

I'm not having a go, I'm just stating my findings. What do you want me to do lie?!?

Played another game v Manchester United, better than the previous game, won 2-1 against them, I had 58% possession, outshot them 12 to 7, 5 and 2 on target.

Still having too much possession though, still the CPU aren't holding onto the ball. I think the game now has a wonderful balance to it, everything seems equal, like the aerial headers, crosses attacking and defending, it seems like your on the same level playing field, but it's just too easy for me at the moment.

Will report back some more findings.

I want feedback and will be looking at chelsea after your comments. I just thought it was over top posting on multiple websites very negative comments after one game

I want feedback and will be looking at chelsea after your comments. I just thought it was over top posting on multiple websites very negative comments after one game

Err, I go on all the PES forums, wanted to see if anybody would respond that they found something similar. Going online a minute to get some points so I can buy superstar level ,will report back using that setting then.

Err, I go on all the PES forums, wanted to see if anybody would respond that they found something similar. Going online a minute to get some points so I can buy superstar level ,will report back using that setting then.

When I get the chance I will have a look at Chelsea. Some teams will be easier go play against. I suspect man utd may also need some work

Just played a half against Chelsea with Liverpool and 2-0 down at half time. Possession 52 - 48. They hit the bar and post too

Played them for a third time guys, I don't know what to say. Won 2-0, comfortable, smashed them in possession again. I re-installed post patch to see any differences and just played them on Superstar, much better difference in terms of them having more shots, but the possession is still way too high for me, 60% it was.

I'm a big possession freak and an aim in computer football games for me is to have realistic possession, I want the CPU to work me about the pitch and maintain possession. All teams I play, whether it be on Top Player or Superstar I'm having a minimum of around 58/59% possession. This is still way too high for my liking.

The game does play absolutely superbly, the responsiveness of the players is brilliant, and the game feels much more freer. The game also seems fair for the first time I've played this game in that everything seems 50-50, whether it be deflections, headers, just general bounces of the ball. Keepers improved yes, I can see that now.

BUT,

And this is massive for me,

It's this question of the CPU not keeping hold of the ball. When I watch a CPU v CPU they can do it. That Liverpool v Juventus game you showed they both played brilliantly with plenty of lateral and backward passes, when they play against me though they still look to charge forward and would rather lose the ball than pass it backwards.

Any thoughts peeps? I've tried Superstar, gamespeed 0, zero passing assistance.

Back
Top Bottom