PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Played them for a third time guys, I don't know what to say. Won 2-0, comfortable, smashed them in possession again. I re-installed post patch to see any differences and just played them on Superstar, much better difference in terms of them having more shots, but the possession is still way too high for me, 60% it was.

I'm a big possession freak and an aim in computer football games for me is to have realistic possession, I want the CPU to work me about the pitch and maintain possession. All teams I play, whether it be on Top Player or Superstar I'm having a minimum of around 58/59% possession. This is still way too high for my liking.

The game does play absolutely superbly, the responsiveness of the players is brilliant, and the game feels much more freer. The game also seems fair for the first time I've played this game in that everything seems 50-50, whether it be deflections, headers, just general bounces of the ball. Keepers improved yes, I can see that now.

BUT,

And this is massive for me,

It's this question of the CPU not keeping hold of the ball. When I watch a CPU v CPU they can do it. That Liverpool v Juventus game you showed they both played brilliantly with plenty of lateral and backward passes, when they play against me

though they still look to charge forward and would rather lose the ball than pass it backwards.

Any thoughts peeps? I've tried Superstar, gamespeed 0, zero passing assistance.

I only had the time to right that as I was late for 5 a side at 9. What I did notice though is Liverpool quicker than teams I edited later on. Their keeper was also worse than team I edited later.

You should try other teams instead of just playing the same game. Try playing against Valencia or Barcelona with a medium Spanish or Italian team. If Liverpool or better than the Chelsea konami starting lineup when you play try some one else.

There is people on the pes gaming forum saying they are getting humped of teams like Sunderland 4 -0 with totenham and having to drop the difficulty.

Played them for a third time guys, I don't know what to say. Won 2-0, comfortable, smashed them in possession again. I re-installed post patch to see any differences and just played them on Superstar, much better difference in terms of them having more shots, but the possession is still way too high for me, 60% it was.

I'm a big possession freak and an aim in computer football games for me is to have realistic possession, I want the CPU to work me about the pitch and maintain possession. All teams I play, whether it be on Top Player or Superstar I'm having a minimum of around 58/59% possession. This is still way too high for my liking.

The game does play absolutely superbly, the responsiveness of the players is brilliant, and the game feels much more freer. The game also seems fair for the first time I've played this game in that everything seems 50-50, whether it be deflections, headers, just general bounces of the ball. Keepers improved yes, I can see that now.

BUT,

And this is massive for me,

It's this question of the CPU not keeping hold of the ball. When I watch a CPU v CPU they can do it. That Liverpool v Juventus game you showed they both played brilliantly with plenty of lateral and backward passes, when they play against me though they still look to charge forward and would rather lose the ball than pass it backwards.

Any thoughts peeps? I've tried Superstar, gamespeed 0, zero passing assistance.

Right, try this -

Put Mata and Anelka in the starting lineup with Torres
Look at the Chelsea team in edit mode and increase the ball control by 2 for each player and make sure the teamwork and tenactity stat is at least 85 for every player, you should not have to change a few
In the Liverpool team, change Reina's ball control to 80

Now play them again. I have just been beaten 3-1 as Liverpool and they had most possession in the second half

Right, try this -

Put Mata and Anelka in the starting lineup with Torres
Look at the Chelsea team in edit mode and increase the ball control by 2 for each player and make sure the teamwork and tenactity stat is at least 85 for every player, you should not have to change a few
In the Liverpool team, change Reina's ball control to 80

Now play them again. I have just been beaten 3-1 as Liverpool and they had most possession in the second half

Okay dude will try tomorrow, Ta.

I'm having the ultimate football experience at the moment, in ALL my years of PES-ing. I think I have finally found my PES utopia settings.

This is what I have tried so far, you may think I am insane lol

1) Bought US version of PES, played it on PS3, 50" plasma. Experimented with patches, settings, player cameras, gamespeeds etc etc. Looked beautiful, but something missing.
2) PC version bought, tried everything, settings, patches, Jenkey's, PESEDIT, all the same thing again. Again looked absolutely stunning on the PC but lots of issues. Never felt in control and always felt like battling the controller, game engine, players constantly locked into things on the lower gamespeeds.
3) Tried PS3 on 37" LCD, pre-patch mainly, component cable, as this tv didn't have HDMI. Game ran wonderfully arcadey, really having a blast but on gamespeed 0 was too fast and gamespeed -1 things just broke.
4) FINALLY - after a month with literally changing every fkin setting, across a plethora of platforms, patches, edits, etc etc I have this

32" Samsung, PS3, HDMI. Pre-patch, Top Player, Wide Cam, 20 mins, gamespeed +1....

YES THAT'S RIGHT, sounds insane doesn't it gamespeed +1, but trust me on this weh I say it is incredible. On this setup this gamespeed probably sits between a normal 0 and -1, without having the juddery stupid breakage in animations of -1 and yet toning down the speed on 0. IT IS PERFECT for me. Games are playing at a stunning pace, some lovely build up play with just about the right amount of CPU pressure so as to not take the piss in possession, and some lovely countering at pace because defensive lines are realistic.

I can really understand all those people though who are finding the game frustrating, and I really cannot understand how the game plays so radically differently across the board. I was almost going to give up on PES as either games seemed too broken, too fast, too slow, shots felt weird, passing weird, not enough opposition possession, unrealistic cpu play etc etc.

Sigh, finally I think I've found the way forward for me anyway.

I bet you haven't tried changing seating positions, Northzz can tell you all about it, might even reduce your possession problem from 60% to 51%

I have been playing on Long Cam for a while but tried out Live Broadcast cam last night. Not sure if it's placebo but the passing and play in general on zero speed felt slower than some of the other camera angles.

Anyone else care to try?

What I do is simply press the cross button "B" and push or sway the LS towards the direction I want the ball to take while in midair. You should see the trajectory of the ball change. I then immediately, select my player, and press and Hold LT as I'm moving my player forward to the heading spot with the Left Stick or (LS).

Keep in mind, your are pressing and holding LT the entire time you are moving your player to the heading spot without letting go. Press and hold it all the way through the header.

And yes, All this has to be done within seconds of each other to work.

And if you want to add more dynamic to it, while holding LT and moving your player forward, immediately release LT and start tapping the Sprint Button (RB)for a powerful header.

Always works when mastered. It just takes lots of practice.

Good luck!

By LT, do you you mean the "special controls button" as in R2 on PS3

Last edited:
why would changing camera angles cahnge the gameplay?

I just changes what you see?

I play normal as wide is to far out for me but I hate how new PES camera changes angles as you approach goals. I prefer like old PES it was a fixed camera. Is there PC mod to have this?

Anyone else prefer old pes camereas and dislike this angled swinging camera?

I have been playing on Long Cam for a while but tried out Live Broadcast cam last night. Not sure if it's placebo but the passing and play in general on zero speed felt slower than some of the other camera angles.

Anyone else care to try?

I've been playing on Live Broadcast all along and indeed I believe play seems a bit slower because of the lower angle and closer zoom. The ball is traveling a shorter distance across the width of the TV screen than it does at a higher angle and more zoomed out view, thus the impression that it's not moving quite as fast.
It's physics (I think) :CONFUSE:

@ Chimps Okay mate will be posting my findings on this forum and PESGaming in case I miss you.

Started Master League, Superstar level, Liverpool, gameplay 0, no assists, 15 mins.

GAME ONE -
Bit disappointing (BUT this could be due to the fact that I changed to zero assistance on around the tenth minute and I never felt it was on zero assistance if you know what I mean). Played Everton away. Won one-nil. Easy game to be honest these were the key stats.

Everton 0-1 Liverpool
Shots - (3)8-4(2)
Possession - 39-61

Everton struggled to maintain possession and often opted for a hoof ball into the box from central positions if they were stagnated by my defence.

GAME TWO -
Now we're talking! Lost 2-1, the game should have been 1-1 that would have been the fair result but they scored a lucky goal on the 86th minute. Understand though it wasn't scripted lucky goal, just one of those things, that rebounded their way, totally organic. I've played enough games to know the feel of the situation and ball bounce etc to understand the difference between bad luck and CPU cheating/scripting.

Blackburn 2-1 Liverpool
Shots - (5)10-11(6)
Possession - 47-53

Blackburn kept the ball well when cordoned off, passing it sideways and backwards if needed. They opened the scoring and I found them much more difficult to break down. I equalised with a well crafted goal, long shot from Henderson, but they passed when needed and dribbled with their flair players when needed. Much more of a midfield battle and the controls seemed to feel like zero assistance. Best game (realistically) I've played in ages. Key points were, everything felt balanced and 50-50, rebounds etc were believable, some defensive headers won, some flicked on by striker. Lovely game.

Will continue to report.

Last edited:
@ Chimps Okay mate will be posting my findings on this forum and PESGaming in case I miss you.

Started Master League, Superstar level, Liverpool, gameplay 0, no assists, 15 mins.

GAME ONE -
Bit disappointing (BUT this could be due to the fact that I changed to zero assistance on around the tenth minute and I never felt it was on zero assistance if you know what I mean). Played Everton away. Won one-nil. Easy game to be honest these were the key stats.

Everton 0-1 Liverpool
Shots - (3)8-4(2)
Possession - 39-61

Everton struggled to maintain possession and often opted for a hoof ball into the box from central positions if they were stagnated by my defence.

GAME TWO -
Now we're talking! Lost 2-1, the game should have been 1-1 that would have been the fair result but they scored a lucky goal on the 86th minute. Understand though it wasn't scripted lucky goal, just one of those things, that rebounded their way, totally organic. I've played enough games to know the feel of the situation and ball bounce etc to understand the difference between bad luck and CPU cheating/scripting.

Blackburn 2-1 Liverpool
Shots - (5)10-11(6)
Possession - 47-53

Blackburn kept the ball well when cordoned off, passing it sideways and backwards if needed. They opened the scoring and I found them much more difficult to break down. I equalised with a well crafted goal, long shot from Henderson, but they passed when needed and dribbled with their flair players when needed. Much more of a midfield battle and the controls seemed to feel like zero assistance. Best game (realistically) I've played in ages. Key points were, everything felt balanced and 50-50, rebounds etc were believable, some defensive headers won, some flicked on by striker. Lovely game.

Will continue to report.

Like I say, some teams may need more work and some will have been right. Keep me updated and the teams that you have possession against I will look at improving. It may also be down to their formation and tactics too.

Just a question about the XP-points you earn every match:
I know you get 10 points for an exhibition match and 50 pts for online.
Are there more then 10 pts to earn in any of the modes?
Maybe there is somewhere on the internet a table where you can see how many points you can earn?

Please let me know.

Like I say, some teams may need more work and some will have been right. Keep me updated and the teams that you have possession against I will look at improving. It may also be down to their formation and tactics too.

GAME THREE -

Liverpool 3-1 Man City

Very good game, but I came out easy victors in the end, Man City had a lot of long range efforts, but the quality chances were created by Liverpool. Man City took the lead with a headed Dzeko goal early in the game, but eventually I came back into it. A headed Carroll corner levelled the game, before Gerrard rounded off a nice possessive move. The icing on the cake was a wonderful Suarez strike, shown here.

YouTube - VIDEO0044

Here are the match facts.

Score 3-1
Shots (6)12-18(10)
Possession 59-41

Man City were threatening and kept possession in periods, but still not enough to fully trouble me.

I'm also trying to tailor my tactics to make them play more possession.

So far, the Blackburn game has been the toughest.

I've definitely found Chelsea and specifically Man Utd too easy - I beat them last night 5-3.

That said, I haven't applied GoalGerd's latest file yet..

Generally though, I'm up to the last game of my first ML season and the number of high scoring games has been silly. There are 4 or 5 teams in the league who've all scored more than 100 goals and most teams, including those at the top, have conceded over 50!

(NB - I played 28 games on -2 speed, Professional, pre-patch with GoalGerd's initial file, the last 9 games post-patch with Chimps's patch on 0 speed).

Disclaimer, I'm in no way critising Chimps/GoalGerd's efforts, just an overall observation of the Football Life mode.

Last edited:
I've definitely found Chelsea and specifically Man Utd too easy - I beat them last night 5-3.

That said, I haven't applied GoalGerd's latest file yet..

Generally though, I'm up to the last game of my first ML season and the number of high scoring games has been silly. There are 4 or 5 teams in the league who've all scored more than 100 goals and most teams, including those at the top, have conceded over 50!

(NB - I played 28 games on -2 speed, Professional, pre-patch with GoalGerd's initial file, the last 9 games post-patch with Chimps's patch on 0 speed).

Disclaimer, I'm in no way critising Chimps/GoalGerd's efforts, just an overall observation of the Football Life mode.

Yeah, I had said on here yesterday I felt chelsea and man utd need toughened up.

Without the konami patch the game plays easier with my game play edits and there is more goals. With 1.01, which I wrote it on, there is much less goals and you have to think more about unlocking defences as the game is lot tighter. This is the feedback I am getting on the PESGaming forum.

It is what I expected and why I suggesting people try my file with 1.01 on first. I changed the movement stats of players to compensate for the more restricted movement in 1.01 to 1.00 and so when you combine these changes with 1.0 players will move too freely which always creates more goals.

Last edited:
GAME THREE -

Liverpool 3-1 Man City

Very good game, but I came out easy victors in the end, Man City had a lot of long range efforts, but the quality chances were created by Liverpool. Man City took the lead with a headed Dzeko goal early in the game, but eventually I came back into it. A headed Carroll corner levelled the game, before Gerrard rounded off a nice possessive move. The icing on the cake was a wonderful Suarez strike, shown here.

YouTube - VIDEO0044

Here are the match facts.

Score 3-1
Shots (6)12-18(10)
Possession 59-41

Man City were threatening and kept possession in periods, but still not enough to fully trouble me.

I'm also trying to tailor my tactics to make them play more possession.

So far, the Blackburn game has been the toughest.

Cracking goal!

I have quite a bit of idea on how to make things harder and create more passing, when I start working on the file again I will put these out for feedback

Chimps - my observations on the last 9 games, since I installed your patch have been with Konami's update turned on, sorry I wasn't clear.

GAME FOUR -

Newcastle 0-2 Liverpool

Generally a good battle, with once again Newcastle not making me pay for sloppy give aways of possession. Obertan was very dangerous for them. I opened the scoring with a brilliant Suarez goal, Carroll hit it into him in the box and I kind of turned on the spin with delicious touch to make some space, Suarez then rifled in a half volley for one nil. Here it is

YouTube - VIDEO0049

The second goal was bread and butter Carroll, but I feel this needs to be addressed. Whilst Carroll is good in the air I feel defenders have to be made much stronger aerially and win say 7/10 balls. This may be game code and nothing you guys can do about it, but defenders need to toughen up aerially, or strikers toned down with heading ability. So two nil, I ran out the game. Newcastle has some periods of good play, passing it sideways and back to make chances, but came up short on the day.

Match facts
Score 0-2
Shots (4)11-10(7)
Possession 41-59

Got work now peeps, so will move onto game 5 later this evening!

Chimps - my observations on the last 9 games, since I installed your patch have been with Konami's update turned on, sorry I wasn't clear.

Ah! bugger!

Not sure if it's in the game then or because of my patch. I am going to try and make things a bit tougher and also look at if forwards stats need reduced, but getting the balance is difficult as if I don't get it right the opposition won't threaten as much

Ah! bugger!

Not sure if it's in the game then or because of my patch. I am going to try and make things a bit tougher and also look at if forwards stats need reduced, but getting the balance is difficult as if I don't get it right the opposition won't threaten as much

Ah, don't worry. I'm just one random bloke with his opinion, others may see it differently.

Maybe it's best to wait for the new update from Konami first?

Ah, don't worry. I'm just one random bloke with his opinion, others may see it differently.

Maybe it's best to wait for the new update from Konami first?

I would rather know any thing like this. Hopefully after Konami's patch they will leave the game play alone, that way with everyone on-board giving feedback on the game and tactics, we can keep making it better.

You never know, they may even improve on things with their next one.

Okay...

GAME FIVE

Norwich 1-2 Liverpool

Umm, good game in the end, I went two nil up and was coasting, took it easy and Holt rasped in a brilliant drive shot after a sloppily gave the ball away in defence when trying to counter. At 2-1 the game changed and Norwich pushed for an equaliser, in the end I just had too much for them and ran out winners.

Stats

Score 1-2
Shots - (5)9-7(4)
Possession - 41-59

It's that old chest nut again, too much possession. This seems to be the general rule that I get around 60% possession each game.

CAN I JUST EMPHASISE THOUGH - the gameplay is stunning. It feels like a finished product now and if this OF was released in the game on release, I reckon MANY MANY more people would have loved PES. It's kind of weird to explain - it's like PES but without the CPU cheat scripts lol

So Chimps - I think I've given it a genuine run over five Master League games, won 4 and lost 1.

Just some general points -

1) I played five games, Everton (easy), Blackburn (tough challenge), Man City (they had lots of shots but 41% possession), Newcastle (quite easy) and Norwich (was easy until they scored and then it was game on).

2) The gameplay is stunning. Fluidity is there in abundance, players response is excellent. Player individuality is excellent. I've scored some truly brilliant goals.

3) I do have to concentrate with the game but either I'm in the PES zone at the moment and my defending skills from front to back are now excellent, or the gameplay is too easy.

4) Everything is believable though with the patch, the ball feels free in that things are now balanced 50-50, there doesn't feel like ANY CPU scripting nonsense.

5) So to recap - this OF is excellent...if it was a professional mode for example. For me it was too easy on Top Player and on Superstar the game feels awesome and balanced, but I'm still getting too much possession. Also I don't feel like I'm sufficiently pressured on the ball.

FOR ME THESE NEED TO BE THE IMPROVEMENTS -
1) Slightly more CPU pressure when I'm on the ball (the Blackburn game was the toughest game for me in five)
2) The CPU need to hold possession much more
3) Attackers still too overpowered aerially v defenders, still too many headed goals

That's about it. If you could adjust these three things I reckon the game would probably be about the best football game I've ever played in terms of balance, realism, no cheat scripts, good CPU football, and fluidity and response.

NOW - I understand that people on here are saying they find it hard etc and it's each to their own, I also understand if you just told me to fk off you cheeky twat do it yourself lol, again I would understand, your work here is amazing. So perhaps leave the OF as this version for a section, and make a more hardcore version that people could step up to...without having the feeling of CPU cheating, I guess that is the key.

I also understand that your pretty much limited to what you can achieve with an engine that just begs every fker to run forward at 100mph, so you're up against it there...but the challenge is there for you. I'm going to continue to play this terrific OF, but if it becomes too easy then I'm going to have a quandry of sacrificing brilliant gameplay for KONAMI's out of the box but with cheat scripts and the constant 'every striker can dribble like Messi' feel.

Here's hoping you can pull something out of the fire matey lol, good luck.

Surely though bud, you own possession game has to count for something ? You've already stated that is your preferred system, with methodical build-up. In that case, surely there is only so much possession that can be had from either team ? And if that's your style of play, then 59% as opposed to the CPU's 49% seems more than fair. If you were to adopt more of a counter-attacking style, or long-ball even, or even just took more risks and played a lesser percentage game, then it would be balanced out even more ?

I just think if possession football is what you adopt and excel at, then dont be suprised to have the upper-hand in this statistical stakes. Or do I have that wrong ?

Okay...

GAME FIVE

Norwich 1-2 Liverpool

Umm, good game in the end, I went two nil up and was coasting, took it easy and Holt rasped in a brilliant drive shot after a sloppily gave the ball away in defence when trying to counter. At 2-1 the game changed and Norwich pushed for an equaliser, in the end I just had too much for them and ran out winners.

Stats

Score 1-2
Shots - (5)9-7(4)
Possession - 41-59

It's that old chest nut again, too much possession. This seems to be the general rule that I get around 60% possession each game.

CAN I JUST EMPHASISE THOUGH - the gameplay is stunning. It feels like a finished product now and if this OF was released in the game on release, I reckon MANY MANY more people would have loved PES. It's kind of weird to explain - it's like PES but without the CPU cheat scripts lol

So Chimps - I think I've given it a genuine run over five Master League games, won 4 and lost 1.

Just some general points -

1) I played five games, Everton (easy), Blackburn (tough challenge), Man City (they had lots of shots but 41% possession), Newcastle (quite easy) and Norwich (was easy until they scored and then it was game on).

2) The gameplay is stunning. Fluidity is there in abundance, players response is excellent. Player individuality is excellent. I've scored some truly brilliant goals.

3) I do have to concentrate with the game but either I'm in the PES zone at the moment and my defending skills from front to back are now excellent, or the gameplay is too easy.

4) Everything is believable though with the patch, the ball feels free in that things are now balanced 50-50, there doesn't feel like ANY CPU scripting nonsense.

5) So to recap - this OF is excellent...if it was a professional mode for example. For me it was too easy on Top Player and on Superstar the game feels awesome and balanced, but I'm still getting too much possession. Also I don't feel like I'm sufficiently pressured on the ball.

FOR ME THESE NEED TO BE THE IMPROVEMENTS -
1) Slightly more CPU pressure when I'm on the ball (the Blackburn game was the toughest game for me in five)
2) The CPU need to hold possession much more
3) Attackers still too overpowered aerially v defenders, still too many headed goals

That's about it. If you could adjust these three things I reckon the game would probably be about the best football game I've ever played in terms of balance, realism, no cheat scripts, good CPU football, and fluidity and response.

NOW - I understand that people on here are saying they find it hard etc and it's each to their own, I also understand if you just told me to fk off you cheeky twat do it yourself lol, again I would understand, your work here is amazing. So perhaps leave the OF as this version for a section, and make a more hardcore version that people could step up to...without having the feeling of CPU cheating, I guess that is the key.

I also understand that your pretty much limited to what you can achieve with an engine that just begs every fker to run forward at 100mph, so you're up against it there...but the challenge is there for you. I'm going to continue to play this terrific OF, but if it becomes too easy then I'm going to have a quandry of sacrificing brilliant gameplay for KONAMI's out of the box but with cheat scripts and the constant 'every striker can dribble like Messi' feel.

Here's hoping you can pull something out of the fire matey lol, good luck.

Thanks for the continued detailed feedback and in-particular for the very positive comments and constructive criticism.

This is why I originally reacted as I did to your first posts as I thought they were negative without any real time spent getting to know the game play changes, which I am very confident are a step up from the default out of the box game and the more people we can convince of this the more chance we have of the game being made like this in the future.

Regards to possession, it's very hard to get right, especially when you are using one of the best teams in a division and playing against the rest of the teams in that division. It also seems that each game is started with having the opposition pinned in their half for the first 10-20 minutes (which I don't think I can change by stats alone), which doesn't help and if you score in that period, it can be difficult for the opposition to come back.

If the opposition score first, they seem to grow in confidence and ability and will get more possession.

I did the premier league first and know that there is probably harder teams to be played outside of the premier league as I was getting better at editing more I went on. I did the Spanish league last and think there is some teams in there that would hopefully address the possesion issue if you played them.

I need to look at Blackburn and work out why this team give you a hard time and replicate it with others. I can remember spending quite a bit of time on them, Wigan and Stoke and teams like them, so maybe you will find them the same.

Getting the opposition to close you down and pressure is down to mainly the movement stats and passing speed and aggression. Unfortunately, the aggression stat has been removed from this years game. It was very easy to up the pressure in previous years using this. I know from playing a couple of games last night, that the team you are using pass a little too fast and that I need to spend time slowing passing from the back for english teams. We I get that done, you will have more pressure on you.

About the winning of headers, you have probably one of the best at this in the game in Carrol. I don't know if you played without him you would be saying the same thing, is this just something with him or do you get other players doing it?

If you want a challange you could try and use a smaller club? When I setup a master league I also pick a medium sized team and then fill my league with teams I like playing from around the world, so each game is difficult and a big game. I add teams like - Barca, Man Utd, AC, Inter, Juve, Munich, Dortmund, Sporting, Porto, Lyon, PSG, Ajax etc to one league and keep a selection of other good teams in the other leagues for the cup compititions.

Keep reporting back on each game as I am genuinely interested and it will save me time when I update the game

Can anyone recommend me a pathc that adds bundesliga, real sstrips and team names for all teams and WORKS IN MASTER LEAGUE!!

and is for version 1.00?

Also, any stadiums that I can add that wont crash master league?

what option file? what are you using? patches, version?

where can I downlaoad it all?

It's my game play patch that goes with goalgerd's option file for the ps3 1.01 version

The game play file is here -

https://rapidshare.com/files/4070733860/PS3.rar

If you like it, have a look in the option files section on here or pes gaming forums for the rest of the file

Back
Top Bottom