PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Once you get it perfected for a couple of teams, it gets easier and faster for others.

Glad the instructions were of help

It really helps a lot and shows me the right direction. But i never thought changing the stats would make such a difference. Really. Now i understand why you put so much time and effort into your files.

But one the other hand it is a shame for Konami. How lazy they are. I really love this game but with more passion from Konami it could be so much better right now, just by smart stats editing.

Hi! quick question about become a legend mode. is there any way for we to choose our team?! it's because i am portuguese and i would like to start my carrer in a portuguese team, but after hours trying i can't end up on a portuguese team!!! italians, dutch, french and sometimes english teams but zero portuguese!!! it's freaking anoying!!!

I've finally found the correct combination of settings etc that is making the game a joy now. I will admit to trying everything, was going for the PS3 first but wanted the graphical element and customisation, now I'm with the PC which at first I didn't prefer. I've tried everything peeps so can understand everyone's frustration at seeing the glaring errors in the game, I've gone from changing platforms, changing settings, changing gamespeeds, changing cameras, OF's, DLCs, patch this patch that, gamemode this gamemode that, 3 different tele's lol, you could say my quest to GET THIS FKIN GAME TO WORK has been bordering on obsession.....the list has been endless.

BUT here is my setup and I'll explain why...

37" LCD tv, PC platform (to get full customisation including stunning graphics, stadia, textures, and logos like the Sky Sport one), DLC content and patch 1.01. PESEDIT added for kits and players etc, Jenkey's patch to disable replays, ball weight to the max, shot power harder one notch, more curve and net physic. Don't use his gameplay change or cheat fix thing (find they in fact make the CPU cheat more), gamespeed changed to 85. Also changed the default 16:9 to 4:3.

Now for the game; Superstar level, 15 minute games, no assistance.

FINALLY, I can safely say that this now resembles the game I want. Possession is fairly equal, mostly 55-45 in my favour but that's pretty damn close to what I want. The CPU in superstar like most people know is fairer. I get stunning graphics and everything screams proper tv game in relation to how it looks. Gamespeed is exactly how I want it, not too slow but just right. And the assistance off means you still have to focus on every pass.

Right now this game now plays awesome. The switch from default 16:9 to 4:3 has also been a revelation.

BUT - let me just say that this is not acceptable, I have been borderline obsessive with this quest, but why doesn't the game just fkin work out of the box like 99% of people want it to? Why does it take a month of potching round with virtually every setting combination to get the friggin thing to resemble simulation as opposed to ping pong arcade?

If it wasn't for my love of the PES games of old I would have given up on it ages ago. But I believe through my perseverance and no thanks to KONAMI I know have something that I want to play.

^^^^how long that gonna take me? baaaaaaaaaaa....ill just put on fifa tnx...!!

as for

game changing with respect to dif tvs, etc..etc..wtf. Is there a technological/scientific reason for this?

^^^^how long that gonna take me? baaaaaaaaaaa....ill just put on fifa tnx...!!

as for

game changing with respect to dif tvs, etc..etc..wtf. Is there a technological/scientific reason for this?

One theory is that PES is still using the old engine, and therefore when the game is trying to reach modern graphical standards it simply feels unstable. For example, why does that game change SO DRASTICALLY just by switching from 16:9 aspect ratio to 4:3 aspect ration on a 37" widescreen LCD tele. The game on 16:9 is an utter mess to be frank, with all sorts of weird shit going on, yet when I simply change the aspect ratio the game plays smoother.

Just on another separate point, I've never been a graphics whore, but there's lots of little things that are starting to bother me in this day and age. I'm starting to come to the conclusion that the animations are just so so bad. I switched the game to picthside cam last night too and the feeling of floaty players came raising to the top.

And I haven't slagged off the ball physics yet in any forum, but they are really starting to irritate me now, these things I thought I'd never complain about. They are just weird on occassions, even the dribbling with the ball seemingly going forward and then stopping is really bothering me. The passing, where the ball seems to go two or three different ways once leaving the players foot.

The main problem I'm come to the conclusion about is that in trying to get the game to play more sim like you're virtually breaking the game. When the game is out of the box, on the defaults it runs fine provided you play end to end crazy football. If you try and slow things down, and tweak this and that for customisation, all kinds of weird shit starts going down. I noticed players just kind of morph from one place to the next like superman yesterday, obviously some kind of animation glitch where the player just froze and then the game re-calculated where he should be and morphed him there.

It really helps a lot and shows me the right direction. But i never thought changing the stats would make such a difference. Really. Now i understand why you put so much time and effort into your files.

But one the other hand it is a shame for Konami. How lazy they are. I really love this game but with more passion from Konami it could be so much better right now, just by smart stats editing.

I said it for years. All they used to do was slightly tweak the game play using something like a behind the scences global editor, that effects how much each stat is used. No one really spends time looking at the player data base of stats like they should.

All the future patch from them will be is someone being told it needs to be smoother and more " dribbly" and they will hit a few buttons that makes it dribbling faster and that will be it.

There will be people in the community that spend more time improving the game than anyone at konami. Instead they will have a few developers putting in a few new features when it's the game play and realism that will be responsible for keeping the game going

I said it for years. All they used to do was slightly tweak the game play using something like a behind the scences global editor, that effects how much each stat is used. No one really spends time looking at the player data base of stats like they should.

All the future patch from them will be is someone being told it needs to be smoother and more " dribbly" and they will hit a few buttons that makes it dribbling faster and that will be it.

There will be people in the community that spend more time improving the game than anyone at konami. Instead they will have a few developers putting in a few new features when it's the game play and realism that will be responsible for keeping the game going

https://rapidshare.com/files/3987004117/PS3.rar

theres your file man

Cheers. Hopefully my head with be less battered after installing it. Since changing to my new PS3 the game play is all over the place using the same file I was using before. Sometimes it feels too slow, then I restart the pc and it's too quick.

I have just played at game at wembley during the day in summer and it was ridiculously fast, then changed to Juventus new stadium and it was much slower

Cheers. Hopefully my head with be less battered after installing it. Since changing to my new PS3 the game play is all over the place using the same file I was using before. Sometimes it feels too slow, then I restart the pc and it's too quick.

I have just played at game at wembley during the day in summer and it was ridiculously fast, then changed to Juventus new stadium and it was much slower

i have a ps3 slim and the settings i use are 15mins professional on -1 speed,seems a perfect balance to me

ive had a go at fixing some stats too using your guidelines and ive added the new shooting card to some players who i think should have it,it gives them a new animations when shooting from distance. also added the scissor card to tricky players(ronaldinho etc) so they have the same new dribble animation as neymar,robinho etc

oh and another thing,you need to unlock kit template 6 from the shop for the african teams kits,ive added them too

heres a vid from -1 speed ,it looks fast but thats just youtube

YouTube - ars vs spur ai CHIMPS GAMEPLAY PES12.mp4

Last edited:
^ No offence but that game looked like the most horribly arcade style match i've seen posted so far on these forums. If thats what you were going for then kudos. There's simply no midfield play at all. Both teams pick the ball up and immediately run forward. I dont think that is youtubes fault.

The passing assistance looks off the chart too. Was that cpu v cpu?

Last edited:
^ No offence but that game looked like the most horribly arcade style match i've seen posted so far on these forums. If thats what you were going for then kudos. There's simply no midfield play at all. Both teams pick the ball up and immediately run forward. I dont think that is youtubes fault.

The passing assistance looks off the chart too. Was that cpu v cpu?

yeah cpu vs cpu top player,i think its down to the gamespeed,heres the same gameplay tweak with same settings on -2 speed

YouTube - liverpool vs juve top player ai chimps gameplay file

Last edited:
Twitter Post:
JonMurphy_PES
Good news. Latest update available today for 360, PS3 and PC. Fixes stutter runs, improves goalkeepers, penalties, free kicks and more.

Twitter Post:
JonMurphy_PES
Good news. Latest update available today for 360, PS3 and PC. Fixes stutter runs, improves goalkeepers, penalties, free kicks and more.

Glad it's available now. I had started going through teams last night editing the game again after feedback and had only done a few, I would have hated to have got through a few leagues and the game play to change again

(I'm ezioisawesome)

onlyproevo Only Pro Evolutions
Just finished my first online match with the latest patch installed. Online play is significantly slower now.

ezioisawesome Lee
@ @onlyproevo Are you 100% sure about that? as If it's true I will be so so happy, lol

onlyproevo Only Pro Evolutions
@ @ezioisawesome Yes. Just played @Frank_the_Tank. I'm sure he will back me up, and say the game was played at a slower pace.

If this is true, I will be incredibly happy... main issue for me was the speed online, if it's a lot slower I'll be over the moon.

New patch 1.02 is available to download. Game is much better!!! Slow pace and passing on 0 assits feel like manual. Check it because feeling of the game is relly good right now!!

Sounds good. Hopefully this will compliment the game play changes I have done previously. Two of the things I had started doing last night was slowing it down further and looking at making passing harder

Glad it's available now. I had started going through teams last night editing the game again after feedback and had only done a few, I would have hated to have got through a few leagues and the game play to change again

I started putting in klashs tactics into all my prem teams, will this data be lost when I download the new patch

no, the data won't be lost, as it's a gameplay patch and not a dlc with roster changes etc... !! :)

Great news, can't wait to try it with new patch, the game was playing well with you're files so hopefully this won't make it worse

Hopefully that this will make the game perfect

Cheers for all you're hard work

Does somebody want to write up about the new differences after the patch? Please say the AI has more variety.

Last edited:
Early feedback is very encouraging but can't help feeling it's going to take more than a couple of games to establish if this patch is the true fix it seems to be.

after downloading patch 1.02 i can safely say this is the pest pro evo ever made :-)

just one word...OMG..bye bye to the onlinecheesefestronaldomessishow.....gamepace has been toned down..you need to build up your play patiently...just took half working day off due to my terrible throatache..aahahah...pes powers....ahahah...

Back
Top Bottom