PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Exactly, so a manual control system in PES (L2 modifier or not) is dependent on player attributes, timing, body position, preffered foot plus your input whereas in FIFA none of these factors are noticable but the last one.

I hope that's the case.

I want that the full manual passing control is easy to put the ball on teamate's feet even in 5 (no assitance).

Don't want a control squeme that there's unecessarily too much effort to put the direction of the pass, but the higher is the passing atribute from a player, the easier it is.

Last edited:
Off the ball control for set pieces? Interesting. FIFA has it for throws but I'm surprised it's being done for free kicks and corners too. Even goal kicks - so I guess try won't just go to the same CB if trying a short pass.

Like the sound of speed bursts, sounds a bit like the right stick knock-on in FIFA which is currently a big plus in that series.

Intriguing stuff...

Animations have also received some attention, quite a few new ones have been added and the majority of the older ones have been tweaked for added fluidity and realism. These improvements in the animation department shine ever so brightly during gameplay as you glide across the pitch with Messi like a graceful ballerina. Not that Messi is a ballerina, of course!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

:P

Like the sound of speed bursts, sounds a bit like the right stick knock-on in FIFA which is currently a big plus in that series.

Can only hope it carries the inaccurate touches all of us crave when discussing the implementation of pacey, unskillful players.

Don't think any football game has ever successfully replicated the representation of fast but ultimately ineffective players. FIFA overpowers them until pace is the only important factor, and PES decides to get round it by making pace totally ineffective.

Being able to punt and chase down the flank with a speed demon, skinning players before accidentally running it out of play would be majestic.

OMG, OMG how did no one comment on this screen shot? Keeper punch from a corner or set piece woooooooooooooooooo

keeperpunch.png

who cares bout the keeper.

The NETS :APPLAUD::WORSHIP:

;)

*scratches head* Where did talk of 45 degree speed bursts come from??

And where is Wenb. It's past 3pm already. Embargo off!

Regarding the previews (post #1191), Lampard shooting, and the scary French players - is that a new stadium with executive boxes?

Last edited:
No longer getting longer preview from Ada/WENB, Konami don't want them too as they played an older build, they get their hands on the new build on June 16th.

Adam's answering a bunch of questions on twitter atm, I'll post everything he's said once he's done.

:SHAKE: again... no fake shot.. only bug-looking shot cancel...

Adam wrote:No questions guys, most of them will be answered in the write-up.

I know you're eager, but it's worth waiting for.

Someone say shot fake? It's awesome in PES 2012 again. I even dropped the keeper once. Animation is there, and if you press it without direction, player just stops the ball after a shotfake animation.

So sexy.

Yeah...

PES 2012 producer Shinji Enomoto has detailed some of the new features headed to Pro Evolution Soccer

PES 2012 will attempt to incorporate different playing styles from around the world according to Enomoto. "Since we are Japanese, we've decided to look further afield and pay attention to the Latino and European game, to introduce play styles and techniques native to those regions," the producer told NowGamer.

"We've improved the quality of the game in general, but we've tried to include every facet of play possible in this iteration. We also paid attention to our very valuable fans, and included many of the elements suggested by players," added Enomoto.

PES 2012 will most dramatically improve off-the-ball player movement, and offensive/defensive AI said Enomoto. "We've included new elments like diagonal runs and dummy runs. [We've] also greatly enhanced the visuals including the facial expressions of players themselves."

Konami also hinted at the chance of new licenses in PES 2012.

http://www.nowgamer.com/news/6169/pes-2012-konami-aiming-for-regional-play-styles

Just reading Asim's impressions

'One area where the virtual shop stoppers could use a little work is one-on-ones, but that is just me nitpicking.' - I obviously don't know how keepers work in 1 v 1 situations in PES 2012 but this has always seemed to me the kind of scenario where people playing a football game expect them to do better than they actually do in real life. Honestly go play in a full size goal somewhere, stand in goal and ask your friend to come at you 1 v 1. If the other person can put the ball in the corner then good luck ever saving it. I know that's not professional football but it's usually a similar scenario, most 1 v 1's that keepers save IRL is when the player hits it straight at them, not Fifa-esque diving into the corner. The best way to combat this is to not allow players to get in 1v1.

YouTube - Javier Hernandez 36 Seconds Goal Against Chelsea 2011

'Unfortunately, the fully manual settings have only found their way to the passing system at the moment and do not apply to the shooting system is PES 2012. With a while to go until the game is released, there is a possibility that Konami could announce fully manual shooting at a later date, but it is more than likely that particular feature will not make the cut in PES 2012.' - Personally i like that

'Just received a free kick in a dangerous area on the wing and want to knock the ball into your star striker so he can try and score?! Flick the right stick in the direction of your star striker’s position and he will be highlighted. You can then move him around to a position you like, press the cross button and whip the ball in. He might not score, but you have certainly given him a better opportunity to do so. It’s incredible, it really is. It’s also very intuitive and easy to understand, meaning players of all skill levels can give it a go.' - As long as the defenders track the players then that's wonderful. PES 2010 and 11 had a good system whereby when you take a corner you can manually control a player to attack the ball, so much better than Fifa's static method. This seems like a step up from it.

'Even the most ardent PES fan would admit that player AI in PES 2011 wasn’t perfect. ' - Would you Jimmy?

Last edited:
I'm skeptical of the impressions to be serious. I'm not worried the game will be shit, i just feel if thy push enough we could have a game which is almost flawless in that it's shortcomings will piss nobody off or won't really affect your enjoyment of the game.

As for the 1 on 1 with keepers, i dunno, they are good in PES but the issue is that they get made to look very stupid if you use the L2 + right stick forward, because of their animations. so i hope that's improved :)

I'm skeptical of the impressions to be serious. I'm not worried the game will be shit, i just feel if thy push enough we could have a game which is almost flawless in that it's shortcomings will piss nobody off or won't really affect your enjoyment of the game.

As for the 1 on 1 with keepers, i dunno, they are good in PES but the issue is that they get made to look very stupid if you use the L2 + right stick forward, because of their animations. so i hope that's improved :)

Well I'm seeing them doing that push.

The proof will be in the playing. I mean i don't the game is going to fail i just feel it needs to be tired up and 'complete' :)

Hope the marketing is better this year. Last years was atrocious!

The Prorevo impressions say that you can no longer control a player with the d-pad, instead that's used for tactics now.

About time if you ask me.

Yep. Makes total sense now. Since more directions have been added it can no longer be played on a d-pad. It feels awkward now. Might as well take advantage of it and make something useful.

Could be a setting, to choose one or the other, because the control scheme that was "leaked" shows you can still use the D-pad.

Edit: Or maybe they just forgot to edit the pictures.

Last edited:
Could be a setting, to choose one or the other, because the control scheme that was "leaked" shows you can still use the D-pad.

Edit: Or maybe they just forgot to edit the pictures.

I don't mind either or. As long as choosing one method frees up some extra inputs that's fine by me.

Back
Top Bottom