PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

We need more info about that.

I hope it's not like Fifa in wich stats has minor impact.

How will this affect the online play ?

The idea of having a manual modifier sounds better to me. What Konami should do in this regard is just making normal pass harder and make defence more responsiveness to intercept passes, there should be some changes on bal physiscs to make passing feel more organic.

This new passport support worries me.

PesFan has this press release in proper English, plus all the screens released to day in Full HD. Go check it out :)

I have such a warm fuzzy feeling about this game! Look how everything is shaping up, even on the level of artwork and stuff, what first appeared to be a PES2011 spinoff in that aspect became a great, sharp looking game with so many little details for our viewing pleasure. I think Konami are on a "developing spree" right now. I wouldn't be surprised if we saw stuff in the final game that weren't planned in the first place by Konami.

Dam, full no-stats manual :(

face.gif

i think Jimmy has just committed suicide!

We've created a monster us manual players :RANT:
Well, my view of it is just that Konami try to make both casuals and us happy...

I remember the gamescom version, the passes were a lot more manual (but still based on stats!!) than the final game had, so I guess they are just letting us choose now ;)

The whole point of PES is stats. It's the very essence of the game. I just hope and prey stats are included in all parts in 1-5 sections of the passing.

OFF THE BALL MOVEMENT! Thank fucking fuck for that. :D That's made the game infinitely better from the off, it's so lackluster in PES 2011 as it stands.

Not pleased about the manual settings though. I can see no discernible difference between players with the L2 trigger. The long pumps into the corners from lumpy CB's rarely ever seem to go off target.

Looking very much forward to this tho. Much more so than I have the last 3 years, this time last year I had absolutely no intention of getting the game. It was only FIFA's shoddy regression that tempted me into giving it ago.

Heitinga holding klose is looking good, but i am worried that heitinga isn't able to do anything and i am worried people will abuse this feature. in the trailer where france scored a goal it was really easy performed, not being unrealistic, iam just saying I hope KONAMI made it in such a way that people can't abuse it or make an exploit out of it.

PesFan has this press release in proper English, plus all the screens released to day in Full HD. Go check it out :)

I'll check this out.

We need all te details about this new pass support.

Full assitance needs to keep the contextual erros, and i personaly think that contextual erros should have even more impact than in pes 2011. Some weird passes have way too much accracy and the speed isn't affected enough.

AsimTanvir Asim Tanvir
For now...I think I am ok to say this...keepers... :o) #PES2012

AsimTanvir Asim Tanvir
I have a couple of specific examples during my two games played so far in regards to keepers. Just wouldn't have happened in 2011 #PES2012

His impressions will be up tomorrow when the embargo officially drops. But so happy right now :D

AsimTanvir Asim Tanvir
For now...I think I am ok to say this...keepers... :o) #PES2012

AsimTanvir Asim Tanvir
I have a couple of specific examples during my two games played so far in regards to keepers. Just wouldn't have happened in 2011 #PES2012

His impressions will be up tomorrow when the embargo officially drops. But so happy right now :D

That's very positive. Great news.

They need to get rid of the fucking full-powered manual hoof that goes 80-100 yards up the pitch, never goes out of play, never mishit... Even on the wrong foot and facing the wrong way.

Played PES tonight and was reminded just how much that pisses me off.

The whole point of PES is stats. It's the very essence of the game. I just hope and prey stats are included in all parts in 1-5 sections of the passing.
I don't think there is anything to worry about regarding PES in the individuality department, even on manual - all I'm worried about is the control methods, the current PES control scheme (with the manual modifier) is perfect for me, so as long as that setup can remain, I'll be happy!

it would've been waste of time...

:WHISTLE:
All of your posts are a waste of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Did not stopped there. But I'm not allowed to bring it over here as of yet :P But it's on the usual place!

Do you mean:

OK, his quick email was rather epic. He said TONNES of new animations. No awkward moments, and even the way they make a save and react looks so realistic. He was impressed, but more in love with the entire game.

To be honest, the quality overall has blown him away.

Of course they will be. You have nothing to fear. What game has manual controls that remove stats? I can't think of any.

I assume the no assistance manual (setting 5) setting will be just like the manual modifier at the moment but if you want to use some assistance, for example, with direction, then you can use a combined setting (setting 2, 3 or 4) - with setting 1 being full assistance.

That's my take on it from reading the english version on pesfan. It should be in reality, no different to shooting or passing with assists on at the moment in the sense that you can press the button for the same time with two different players but their stats determine the outcome.

Just because full manual will allow you (in theory) to choose exactly the direction, strength and power, it does not mean that the ball will go there every time with the same player, let alone two different players of differing abilities. I think that's evident with the current modifier button and I assume/hope this will translate to the game.

No details yet on whether you still need to press a modifier for manual crosses/through balls.

Anyway - I'm excited by the prospects of the referees understanding advantage for free kicks and offside. That would be a massive improvement if implemented properly! Now all those people who slide in when you're through on goal might not be able to get away with conceding a free kick outside the box...but perhaps a continuation of play where you can score the goal you deserve.

The lighting effects look really good too from the screenshots. Let's hope in-game camera's do it justice.

Will those pitchside cameras be used for replays, do you reckon? That would be pretty damn awesome.

I thought Rom was asking about having replays filmed by camera's at pitch level, rather than noticing that stadium camera's are lining the side of the pitch when you watch a replay.

the list of thing they should do with PES 2012

1. Players should get tired and sweaty and when its cold you should see cold breath coming from their mouth

2. Change the 2D dark eyes to more realistic eyes with reflections

3. The kits of the players should get wet and dirty depending on the weather

4. Bring back snow weather and stadium preview like pes 6

5. Fix the referees decisions no more stupid fouls for little pushing

6. better commentary

7. more fluid movement and dribbling and we don't want players pause or move like robot.

The lighting effects look really good too from the screenshots. Let's hope in-game camera's do it justice.
Probably best not to hold your breath. Like most other games, someone opened Photoshop and found the effects tools. Bloom, blur, sharpen, zombiefy, contrast, and so on.

Back
Top Bottom