PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Palm -> face. No matter how many times it is pointed out that FIFA's manual controls do not ignore attributes, it just won't sink in.

But when player attributes are pish and almost not noticable, your argument falls on it's face, no palm to break it's fall.

OMG, OMG how did no one comment on this screen shot? Keeper punch from a corner or set piece woooooooooooooooooo

keeperpunch.png

No - that's precisely the point. It's not the control system.

Exactly, so a manual control system in PES (L2 modifier or not) is dependent on player attributes, timing, body position, preffered foot plus your input whereas in FIFA none of these factors are noticable but the last one.

I'd be happy if there was an option to switch manual crosses on, without the extra button input. I could never master it in 2011, if it was simply a matter of directing the stick and pressing O it would be a lot better. Just give us lots of options to switch on and off to our taste, I don't see a problem with that.

Probably best not to hold your breath. Like most other games, someone opened Photoshop and found the effects tools. Bloom, blur, sharpen, zombiefy, contrast, and so on.

Nope, not a chance. Didn't happened in the last couple of years, why should it happen now?

@Lami: One thing is to have it on two instances in two different forums, other thing is to have it spread around everyone. Although I reckon that could happen now it's here. But if it does it's our loss...

@Lami: One thing is to have it on two instances in two different forums, other thing is to have it spread around everyone. Although I reckon that could happen now it's here. But if it does it's our loss...

Point is, if it was to be kept private, it shouldn't have been posted in public for the world to see. Anyway, everyone knows now. Good job.

No big deal is it? If it was a guarded secret Adam shouldn't have posted it on his forum. Anyone can view wenb as a guest so I don't see what the problem is.

If it's a secret don't blurt it out.

Point is, if it was to be kept private, it shouldn't have been posted in public for the world to see. Anyway, everyone knows now. Good job.

Sarcasm not needed. It was public at WENB and "all world could see it" but no one from here knew about it until I hinted on it. Why did I bothered to do it? Dunno, I'm an impulsive idiot. :COAT:

Sarcasm not needed. It was public at WENB and "all world could see it" but no one from here knew about it until I hinted on it. Why did I bothered to do it? Dunno, I'm an impulsive idiot. :COAT:

Don't do yourself down. I read the wenb forums so I would have picked up on it anyway. You just did the detective work for me. :))

What's the big deal about the comment from that guy? That there will be new animations? Saying that there are new animations and that he likes the keeper isn't really something Konami will get mad about. It's not like he has revealed any new features. Adam already "leaked" that he thought the keepers were bad in his play-through, how would saying they're good any worse?

What's the big deal about the comment from that guy? That there will be new animations? Saying that there are new animations and that he likes the keeper isn't really something Konami will get mad about. It's not like he has revealed any new features. Adam already "leaked" that he thought the keepers were bad in his play-through, how would saying they're good any worse?

In theory he isn't supposed to say anything about what he has seen until the embargo drops (which is happening soon btw.)

Sarcasm isn't aimed at you mate.

And believe me, there are quite a few here who are on there. And not the whole world is on this forum either. There are lots and lots of people who can't be bothered registering and posting in forums. All they do is search the net and read. And being a popular public PES forum means you can't keep a secret when you're posting publicly. That is all.

Thanks for bringing news to people who don't read other forums, like me.

I wonder if the 45 degree burst means it's actually always 45 degrees. Couldn't they do it similar to the right stick flick in FIFA where you burst in the direction you point so you get more control of where you're going. Because I assume it's a similar burst they mean.

OMG, OMG how did no one comment on this screen shot? Keeper punch from a corner or set piece woooooooooooooooooo

keeperpunch.png

Back in the day it was done by pressing :triangle:, the keeper would storm off his line and try and catch the ball. I hope there are different buttons for catching and punching.

The intelligent running doesn’t just apply to the full-backs either; it applies to pretty much every single attack minded player on your team. Midfielders will make dummy runs to create space and they won’t just run in straight lines either. They will make intelligent diagonal runs as well...

Lovely, I look forward to defensive midfielders actually sitting and no longer ignoring their defensive duties. Good read overall.

I can see from the new control layout that Diving is now executed with L3+R3+R2+L2 now. Hoping this time Dives are effective this year

These are pretty much the buttons I press anyway, since I never remember which 3 I'm supposed to press. Although I mostly use diving against other players, for a laugh since I always get caught. I love it when the CPU does it though, It can get super sneaky about it.

Back
Top Bottom