PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I find it a bit weird how you can handle the stumble thing in PES 2011 but hate it in PES 12 when it happens a lot less and it's nowhere near as effective (in my experience) on -2 and 15 minutes... I play on professional though, as I know if I up the difficulty my enjoyment will go down.

Do you play PES 2011 on top player? as from what I remember after the patch top player was a complete pressure fest from the CPU, just way way too much pressure coupled with the stumbling animation made it a chore to play, hence I went down to professional on that game too... fair enough I won nearly every game but I enjoyed myself. I can't remember a good goal the CPU scored against me on that game either, as much as I loved it (played 2 full seasons in ML, more in BAL) the AI cheated quite a bit too... the ball would bobble the right way, take crazy deflections and just somehow find it's way in. The CPU against me on PES 12 play much much better football, and score a nice variety of goals.

My only issue is the high scoring games, but for every one of those theres a nice 1-0 win or a 0-0 draw somewhere in between, I'm enjoying the game immensely offline.

I ain't started a ML yet though, only played CL/BAL so maybe things will change when I start playing that, but atm I'm loving it.

That's funny because I find the opposite. The stumble thing happened now and again in 2011 but in PES 2012 it happens EVERY single time I speed burst or knock the ball past and sprint into space down the wings. Even Theo Walcott gets caught within seconds then leaned into, then he stumbles. Every time. Last time I counted I saw the animation happen seven times in one game.

On Top Player in 2011 was nowhere near the tightness of marking and closing down I see on 2012, and though it had it's fair share of dodgy AI moments I never saw the kind of glitchy things I've been seeing in 2012, and with such alarming regularity either. As I posted in the complaints thread, even on post patch, I lost a late lead due to my keeper bizarrely diving out of the way of a ball that took no deflection, and it summed up my experience with the game.

It just feels more unfinished and buggy than 2011. Standard stuff like R2 dribbling keeps 'locking' animations I can't get out of, and the AI deliberately moves your players out of position on purpose when it decides to score. I just find so much wrong with it.

I agree with others that individuality when you have the ball is great. For sure. But the AI ruins the game, which is what Konami tried selling the game on as it's main improvement. The AI feels robotic, single minded and for me ruin the pace of the game. It's all about sitting deep, spoiling the game, then counter attack with sprinting, through balls and gliding over challenges like every player at any level is Lionel Messi. It's just so unrealistic and no one plays any different.

I don't doubt that against other human opponents the game is fair, maybe players like Walcott can get ahead of a marker and use their pace, but the AI in single player doesn't allow it. It chokes the fun out of the game.

Totally fair play if people enjoy it, that's great, but I spent a large chunk of this weekend trying to give the game a chance and came away from it last night not feeling like I'd actually enjoyed any of it. And it's not exactly like I can ignore gameplay problems by enjoying the graphics or sound, because they're awful.

The game just isn't for me. Feels like you're playing football against a cheating robot.

ARe these problems only in Top player.

So far in regualr not noticed much major AI cheating.

But I will try Proff now as I improve.

What i'm finding a tad annoying at the moment, is every now and then, the com, in possession and under no pressure at all, will suddenly just loft ball up in the air, in a very unrealistic looking way. Sometimes it will just clear it out for no reason. It's weird.

What i'm finding a tad annoying at the moment, is every now and then, the com, in possession and under no pressure at all, will suddenly just loft ball up in the air, in a very unrealistic looking way. Sometimes it will just clear it out for no reason. It's weird.

Yeah the A.I seems to panic and run out of ideas sometimes, mostly though when you block out their passing channels.

Last edited:
Same here, '0' speed. Zero Passing Assistance ensures a very considered pace as well, as you really need each player to get his foot on the ball.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear about that Gerd, never nice. I hate playing on water-logged pitches, so a flood sounds like a ball-ache.

I will check the forum. ;)

Here it is my first game play file for 2012 to go with mine and Goalgerds option file

http://www.filesonic.com/file/2832683775

I managed to get A LOT more teams edited than I expected to today, this is largely due to some teams having most of their stats upgraded and then just needing their new players done and a very patient girlfriend

All of players at the top clubs in England have been done
All of the players at most big european teams in france, germany, italy, portugal and spain have been done
At least the starting lineups from clubs from turkey, greece, russia, nortern europe have been done as well as some subs
The two south american teams have been done

All of the top european teams have been tested and where as some where ridiculous like Barcelona and Real and others were rubbish like Valencia (in fact most of the rest of the spanish league) all have been made more realistic and balanced.

I have also checked the big national sides to make sure there lineups have all been edited

All teams should give you a challanging game on top player
You should find the game play smoother, much better paced and competitive

Attackers from most clubs should be able to do the job a decent footballer should instead of being shocking at smaller clubs.

Defences should seem tighter and keepers should be much better.

THIS WAS WRITTEN ON KONAMI PATCH 1.01, I have no idea how it will play on 1.0, but it should definitely be tried on 1.01 before making a decision on what you want to use, as I think 1.0 may play too fast and floaty with my stat changed to make it smoother for 1.01

No championship teams have been edited yet, this will happen at a later date as well as a comprehensive update of any teams and subs I have not yet done as well as any changes after feedback.

Top work again chimps! couple of games in on 1.01 and it has played superbly well.

Ha thanks for the offer but there are too many other games I wanna try first!

You play at zero speed? Surely that's like lightning fast?

LTFC, I've tried every combination you can think of on different platforms different screens etc etc, I've come to the conclusion personally that gamespeed 0 is the way the game was intended to play, anything else and the game just crumples.

It is quite fast, but you can dictate the speed of the play with slower build up and less use of sprint.

LTFC, I've tried every combination you can think of on different platforms different screens etc etc, I've come to the conclusion personally that gamespeed 0 is the way the game was intended to play, anything else and the game just crumples.

It is quite fast, but you can dictate the speed of the play with slower build up and less use of sprint.

+1

YouTube - Suarez CPU AI Chimps Gameplay Edit PES 2012.wmv

from chimps latest gameplay edit file,playing on top player -1 speed,has anyone seen the ai do that before,i think his gameplay patch is gold

Been doing this years and never felt as happy with a file. Just frustrating trying to get people who are complaining about the game to try it.

It doesn't just make a poor game decent, it turns it into the best pes I have played. The game engine is sound in 2012' they just messed up with their tweaking between the demos and release

Been doing this years and never felt as happy with a file. Just frustrating trying to get people who are complaining about the game to try it.

It doesn't just make a poor game decent, it turns it into the best pes I have played. The game engine is sound in 2012' they just messed up with their tweaking between the demos and release

any way you can help the pc community and xbox community out? posting your changes, etc..

any way you can help the pc community and xbox community out? posting your changes, etc..

A few people have asked for something like this, but I spend months doing it and there is no rule for the changes like making all of one stat increased by a certain amount. I make changes to teams and keep trying them and changing them. If I get some time at work , I will try to write something that covers most of it

A few people have asked for something like this, but I spend months doing it and there is no rule for the changes like making all of one stat increased by a certain amount. I make changes to teams and keep trying them and changing them. If I get some time at work , I will try to write something that covers most of it

That would be awesome I have the US version and so I'm stuck....if you had one or two tips what would you recommend to universally change? I'm thinking in terms of things like changing responsiveness, attack/defence levels, dribbling accuracy etc?

I'll get something up on WENB front page tomorrow to try and help spread the word. Will get it linked up to a few I speak to on PESFan also and will tweet the link too.

This is proving to be sublime thus far. Not one single keeper comedy moment and in fact the keepers have been impressing me as opposed to just being functional.

I'll get something up on WENB front page tomorrow to try and help spread the word. Will get it linked up to a few I speak to on PESFan also and will tweet the link too.

This is proving to be sublime thus far. Not one single keeper comedy moment and in fact the keepers have been impressing me as opposed to just being functional.

Cheers! Hopefully you will be impressed with the rest of it the more you play.

What teams you using?

Cheers! Hopefully you will be impressed with the rest of it the more you play.

What teams you using?

Started off with Villareal against City, then played River Plate against Aston Villa. Had a quick go with Barca, Milan and then used Valencia against Fulham. had a few other games with other teams and have yet to see one single blooper from the keepers. Love the way the play builds and can be built with these tweaks of yours. Lovely flow to matches.

If Chimps doesn't have time, maybe someone with the file could do some screenshots or make note of major changes so that xbox/PC users can incorporate it into an option file. In due course that is.

In that case it's ridiculous. Gamespeed 'zero' looks ridiculous. I tried it tonight. The ball zips around at about twice the speed it does in real life. Looks really, really unrealistic.

I had a couple of fairwell games (hopefully) before someone buys it off me. First game was quite enjoyable, half made me reconsider selling it. Was a 1-1 draw on Superstar level.

Second game, I dominated, then saw the most hilarious piece of scripting I've ever seen. Firstly, I somehow hit the crossbar FOUR times in one game. Four. One, the ball rebounded in the six yard box to the one defender while surrounded by four of my attackers who were up for a corner. What a perfect rebound. Second, I started noticing how the ball will always ricochet straight to the AI almost all the time when the ball flies loose from a rebound or a tackle. Then, surprise surprise, in the 88th minute, the AI gets a corner. It's half cleared by me, then the AI randomly smashes the ball at 100mph low into the box. It wallops off the backside of an AI attacker, which rebounds off my defender, then rebounds off ANOTHER of my defenders who I'm not even controlling, and the ball trickles towards goal and in, despite the fact that my keeper could have strolled over and picked the ball up it was travelling so slowly. Instead, he fell flat on the ground where he stood, which was nowhere near the ball, and let it trickle in.

So the AI again wins in the last few minutes, this time thanks to a 'fortunate' triple rebound, a deflection off a player I'm not even controlling, and a horrific goalkeeper mistake. All this after me hitting the crossbar four times in a row, and each rebound falling kindly straight to an AI defender.

I'd put that down to one of those things were it not for the fact that in just two weeks of playing this I've seen shit like this happen to screw me over so many times I've lost count.

Third game was a boring stalemate. The AI was so deep, but on one occasion I was up out of my seat because I rounded the keeper, went to slot the ball into an empty net, only to see the ball blocked on the line by SIX AI players. Six. On their goal line.

I then put in PES2011 and that even played the same way. AI was sitting so deep in that, I couldn't muster a shot at goal on Top Player in five matches. AI was muscling me off the ball, for some reason I just can't use R2 at the moment either. It's like I've lost all ability to play PES, even on PES2011 where I'd previously won everything there was to win in Master League. Really odd. But even in that game, the flaws of this series were glaring now. The sheer control method and responsiveness are 'off', even in PES2012. Responsiveness is now really high, but so is the AI's defensive responsiveness to the point of being superhuman.

I can't put my finger on it but the whole PES series now feels dated, clunky, and like you're pulling against all these tiny little flaws to try and make it fit into a good game. But I have no idea where my sudden inability to play even PES2011 has come from. Must be lack of practice having hammered ML back in the summer then not really touching it since.

In that case it's ridiculous. Gamespeed 'zero' looks ridiculous. I tried it tonight. The ball zips around at about twice the speed it does in real life. Looks really, really unrealistic.

The ball doesn't zip around fast by itself. The player controlling the passing makes it zip around at certain speeds :P

Second game, I dominated, then saw the most hilarious piece of scripting I've ever seen. Firstly, I somehow hit the crossbar FOUR times in one game.

Do you watch much real life football? My team played Sydney FC last week, who hit the crossbar and post and then scored 2 goals against the run of play, late in the game to snatch a 2-1 victory. That's after my team had scored in the first half from a goalmouth scramble where the defender tried knocking a header back to his goalkeeper while both were on the goal line lol. My team's forward scored a tap in. Sound like PES? No - it was a real game.

Also - it was either one the Arsenal goals or maybe it was a different game but the keeper parried TWICE in one match to the forward for an easy goal. Scripting? lol

Back
Top Bottom