PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Chimps, I'm an admirer of your work as I think konami's stats are crap.Unfortunately I'm a Winning Eleven user and I don't think there's any way to use your option file. I guess I'll have to do adjustments on my own, but need some pointers from you. I PM'd you, I would really appreciate if you could help me out.

Just played my 1st full games of PES 2012 on PC. And what I am playing is a reskinned HD version off PES2/PES3.

Cool. So all you're bitching and moaning before was entirely speculation and guesswork? OR did you happen to be playing a console version, which is confusing considering your 'sudden' revelation of it being a re-hash of PES 3 after playing the PC one....

Cool. So all you're bitching and moaning before was entirely speculation and guesswork? OR did you happen to be playing a console version, which is confusing considering your 'sudden' revelation of it being a re-hash of PES 3 after playing the PC one....

Idiot!! I have made no bithcing and moaning about pes 2012. Why you say that. I have said demo 1 was quite fun but I couldnt get into demo 2. That is all, no bitching or moaning at all mate. I have slated pes 2008-2009 in previous times and stated 2011 was ok and 2010 was not bad.

ALl I have ever said ''negative'' in this thread was that FIFA 12 with sliders was better and more oldPES like than recent PES. Having now compared to full games PES 2012 I cant say its totally better its different. Id say FIFA 12 is perhaps more fun and enjoyable and technically more polished and superior but I have only played a few games of pes 2012 so far.

I have now stated PES 2012 seems like a remastered PES2/3 which although not a bad thing is hardly revolutionary now is it.

FOr me FIFA 12 is addicitve, fast action, energy filled games cant stop playing, wanna play 1 more game.

PES 2012 is kinda like relaxing football.

Last edited:
Chimps, I'm an admirer of your work as I think konami's stats are crap.Unfortunately I'm a Winning Eleven user and I don't think there's any way to use your option file. I guess I'll have to do adjustments on my own, but need some pointers from you. I PM'd you, I would really appreciate if you could help me out.

Yeah, I made a note to get back to you, but been very busy.

To do it all takes months. Luckily I could upgrade from last years file and then it only took a couple of week. When I get some time to think, I will let you know as there is a lot involved. The main thing is that you should make all teams playable and challenging to play against and also make sure no team or player is too good to make it unrealistic.

I will go into how to do it, when get the time, possibly when I am at work tomorrow

Here it is my first game play file for 2012 to go with mine and Goalgerds option file

http://www.filesonic.com/file/2832683775

I managed to get A LOT more teams edited than I expected to today, this is largely due to some teams having most of their stats upgraded and then just needing their new players done and a very patient girlfriend

All of players at the top clubs in England have been done
All of the players at most big european teams in france, germany, italy, portugal and spain have been done
At least the starting lineups from clubs from turkey, greece, russia, nortern europe have been done as well as some subs
The two south american teams have been done

All of the top european teams have been tested and where as some where ridiculous like Barcelona and Real and others were rubbish like Valencia (in fact most of the rest of the spanish league) all have been made more realistic and balanced.

I have also checked the big national sides to make sure there lineups have all been edited

All teams should give you a challanging game on top player
You should find the game play smoother, much better paced and competitive

Attackers from most clubs should be able to do the job a decent footballer should instead of being shocking at smaller clubs.

Defences should seem tighter and keepers should be much better.

THIS WAS WRITTEN ON KONAMI PATCH 1.01, I have no idea how it will play on 1.0, but it should definitely be tried on 1.01 before making a decision on what you want to use, as I think 1.0 may play too fast and floaty with my stat changed to make it smoother for 1.01

No championship teams have been edited yet, this will happen at a later date as well as a comprehensive update of any teams and subs I have not yet done as well as any changes after feedback.

ok man,dont do any more for a few days,il fix all the errors on my side then send it back to you:))

Here it is my first game play file for 2012 to go with mine and Goalgerds option file

I managed to get A LOT more teams edited than I expected to today, this is largely due to some teams having most of their stats upgraded and then just needing their new players done and a very patient girlfriend

All of players at the top clubs in England have been done
All of the players at most big european teams in france, germany, italy, portugal and spain have been done
At least the starting lineups from clubs from turkey, greece, russia, nortern europe have been done as well as some subs
The two south american teams have been done

All of the top european teams have been tested and where as some where ridiculous like Barcelona and Real and others were rubbish like Valencia (in fact most of the rest of the spanish league) all have been made more realistic and balanced.

I have also checked the big national sides to make sure there lineups have all been edited

All teams should give you a challanging game on top player
You should find the game play smoother, much better paced and competitive

Attackers from most clubs should be able to do the job a decent footballer should instead of being shocking at smaller clubs.

Defences should seem tighter and keepers should be much better.

THIS WAS WRITTEN ON KONAMI PATCH 1.01, I have no idea how it will play on 1.0, but it should definitely be tried on 1.01 before making a decision on what you want to use, as I think 1.0 may play too fast and floaty with my stat changed to make it smoother for 1.01

No championship teams have been edited yet, this will happen at a later date as well as a comprehensive update of any teams and subs I have not yet done as well as any changes after feedback.

Is there a rapidshare link for this please mate?

Yeah, I made a note to get back to you, but been very busy.

To do it all takes months. Luckily I could upgrade from last years file and then it only took a couple of week. When I get some time to think, I will let you know as there is a lot involved. The main thing is that you should make all teams playable and challenging to play against and also make sure no team or player is too good to make it unrealistic.

I will go into how to do it, when get the time, possibly when I am at work tomorrow

Would be fantastic if you could write a line or two about the basic things you changed. Just to understand your philosophy.

These comments come on the back of a few offline 1 v 1 matches (2 bar assistance, 10 min games) and a few online 1 v 1 matches (0 bar assistance, 15 min games) WITH the patch. Now I know what Jimmy was talking about. Human on human on PES 2012 is unbelievable! All the good parts of PES 2011 are there with some polish.

The shooting has plenty of oomph, the tactics/formations are very noticeable and the keepers are very good.

Against the CPU I am now playing on Superstar and find it well balanced and am so glad it's not just end to end like the demo. I think some people here should spend more time working on their game and less time complaining. Seriously, if you read the last 20 pages of posts its the same freakin conversation going around in circles. Sure hope Konami don't accomodate these complaints because this game is fantastic.

Shot direction - to the people complaining that shots don't go where they aim? You should charge the power bar and THEN hold direction until contact is made. Sometimes the ball will go off to a different direction but this is like real life when the ball skews off the foot because of bad body shape or because someone likes to use the outside of the foot. However, most of the time the ball will go to the side you aim if you do it properly.

Shot power - In 1 v 1 games it's a lot easier to hit powerful shots I find because there is more space and you can run onto the ball easier. have seen some absolute cracking shots and good ball physics ;) Now I noticed in games vs the CPU you can hit a lot of weak shots but this is because there's less space to run into and most of your shots, if rushed are under pressure or off 1 step. Like real life, this will not be a cracking shot.

Absolutely love the dribbling, little touches, and changes in speed. There's so many subtleties and nuances that a real footballer notices that it makes me smile from ear to ear.

Yeah I have seen some of your complaints too but the more I play and learn, the more I realise you need to understand the game and then the beauty really shines and you will be praising the game too. If not, I feel for you, because it's pure awesomeness as a representation of real football.

This is the biggest issue for me atm. Against a human opponent this game is the pinnacle of football games. However, against the CPU it is truly a slog.

While I often beat the CPU on Pro and Top Player, the matches often play out like a war of attrition. Player individuality is as good as it's ever been...for human players. I am convinced that certain stats mean absolutely nothing to the CPU.

I have played against team with 'E' for technique who complete passes at the same rate as 'A' teams. I have seen CPU midfielders with low heading stats place perfect headers with 100% consistency. The only stats that seem to really cause any real difference are Speed and Expl. Power.

It's reached the point where I don't bother playing against the CPU anymore. ML didn't even last me a month. If my mates don't come over, I don't play the game. Simple as that.

Just about reached that point too. I unlocked Superstar level and had a go, and initially it was fantastic. Played as Spurs and they were dynamic, lots of forward runs, the AI on Superstar didn't run me off the ball, I was skipping challenges with the right people, and the games were fluid, even and fun. The AI didn't pack everyone in their area, it was a lot more open.

Then as usual I persisted and played a few more games, at the end of the night it felt back to the same as it was before. Water tight man-marking from the AI, overpowered challenges etc. Back to being a slog.

By the way, is it remotely possible to actually beat a man on the wing with a fast winger, say using the speed burst move, then once you get in front to actually STAY in front? I use double and triple tap, the other move to knock the ball further, but using even Lennon and Walcott, the AI just sprints from behind, catches you up, and near on 100% of every time I tried to get down the wing with pace, it activated the stumble animation after about 2 seconds of the AI 'tussling' into the back of me.

Then as usual I persisted and played a few more games, at the end of the night it felt back to the same as it was before. Water tight man-marking from the AI, overpowered challenges etc. Back to being a slog.

I think that comment summarises what your problem could be. Some games just aren't as enjoyable against the CPU over a long period. Even against a human opponent it can feel bad after too long. Once you find it becoming a slog, turn it off and give it a rest. Keep it fresh and then you won't have to come back here complaining :P

Or I could list it on Play.com, which is what I've just done :(

After spending the summer looking forward to this game, checking the net for new gameplay videos, bits of information on what to expect for the game, I never thought I'd be listing it for sale just a few weeks after buying the thing. It's a shame because Football Life looks freakin' amazing, but the game, on the pitch itself, is a chore. It looks shit, sounds shit, all sorts of bugs and little problems keep rearing their head, and the AI is completely unrealistic to the point of robotic.

It's just no fun whatsoever. Back to FIFA12 and PES2011 for me.

Last edited:
Shot direction - to the people complaining that shots don't go where they aim? You should charge the power bar and THEN hold direction until contact is made. Sometimes the ball will go off to a different direction but this is like real life when the ball skews off the foot because of bad body shape or because someone likes to use the outside of the foot. However, most of the time the ball will go to the side you aim if you do it properly.

Shot power - In 1 v 1 games it's a lot easier to hit powerful shots I find because there is more space and you can run onto the ball easier. have seen some absolute cracking shots and good ball physics ;) Now I noticed in games vs the CPU you can hit a lot of weak shots but this is because there's less space to run into and most of your shots, if rushed are under pressure or off 1 step. Like real life, this will not be a cracking shot.

Yeah i clicked with this last night. Played 3 games in my Master League and realised that holding down the direction stick that moment longer has a drastic effect on both power and direction (and even noticed a bit of swerve and dip). I was able to get off some really decent efforts at goal - low drives, shots with dip and curl, etc.
Not getting to grips with shooting was driving me insane then using the above method scored 2 nice low swerving efforts and had a "Oh, so thats how you do it!" moment.
Unfortunately, i could only squeeze 2 more games in before i had to hit the sack.

I think that comment summarises what your problem could be. Some games just aren't as enjoyable against the CPU over a long period. Even against a human opponent it can feel bad after too long. Once you find it becoming a slog, turn it off and give it a rest. Keep it fresh and then you won't have to come back here complaining :P

Or if you have fifa and PEs you never get bored beacuse.

YOu start to get bored of PEs play fifa for a few days, start to get bored of fifa, go back to PEs and so on lol

Good idea? I prob end up doing this

pes4lyfe - I was doing this a couple of weeks ago but now that PES has clicked, I haven't touched FIFA in days lol. I should get back on to finish my 2nd season of career mode though.

pes 2011 is more fun/better than pes 2012 too many?

I thought PES 2011 was a pretty decent game tbh but I mainly played fifa 11 as thats what my mates played online. Still got PEs 2011 in box by my desk right now.

WIth PEs 2012 so far its like when I play it it seems ok and a decent gmae but I want to go back to FIFA. Back in the days off PEs1-6 there was IMO no FIFA. so, I just stuck with it. Maybe PES 2012 aint bad but FIFA 12 is more addictive?

Im keen to hear thoughts on PES 2011 vs 2012 differneces though cause I never gave 2011 a proper chacne.

Yeah i clicked with this last night. Played 3 games in my Master League and realised that holding down the direction stick that moment longer has a drastic effect on both power and direction (and even noticed a bit of swerve and dip). I was able to get off some really decent efforts at goal - low drives, shots with dip and curl, etc.
Not getting to grips with shooting was driving me insane then using the above method scored 2 nice low swerving efforts and had a "Oh, so thats how you do it!" moment.
Unfortunately, i could only squeeze 2 more games in before i had to hit the sack.

Awesome to hear that mate. It really IS a good game when it clicks. You go from cursing Konami to worshipping them lol. Much improved ball physics on shooting now when you get it right. Last year it would just fly high or low whereas now the ball has more weight so it drops in a more natural arc.

Also seen a couple of nice one handed saves from shots going into the corners. Really enjoying it.

pes4lyfe - I was doing this a couple of weeks ago but now that PES has clicked, I haven't touched FIFA in days lol. I should get back on to finish my 2nd season of career mode though.

Prob with FIFA is I find career mode boring after a few seasons. Whereas I can play master league for years game time and months real time.

I think once I have won the main league and Champions league in Career mode I just stop playing it. THen Ill play FIFA 12 only online and some ultiamte team and PES for the master league.

In saying that though Im pretty addicted to my career modes atm and am playing 3 careers at once in different leagues lol

could all of you that are not happy with the game try chimps gameplay edit file posted above,its just one file to copy over and might make the difference for you before you go and trade in the game

By the way, is it remotely possible to actually beat a man on the wing with a fast winger, say using the speed burst move, then once you get in front to actually STAY in front? I use double and triple tap, the other move to knock the ball further, but using even Lennon and Walcott, the AI just sprints from behind, catches you up, and near on 100% of every time I tried to get down the wing with pace, it activated the stumble animation after about 2 seconds of the AI 'tussling' into the back of me.

The other night I was playing as Swansea City against Wolves - Leroy Lita picked up the ball in his own half, burst into a gap between two defenders in a high line and wrongfooted them, and proceeded to stay ahead all the way into the box, before sliding a shot under the goalie and into the bottom corner. Thing is, a.) this was in extra time, and I'd brought him on as a sub in the 75th minute of normal time, and b.) I was playing against a human.

I know what you mean about the catch-up thing, gone are the days of Gareth Bale on Demo 2 actually putting distance between himself and a chasing defender - at least post-patch. Catch-up isn't as obvious as on PES2011, but it is there. I don't mind that so much (apart from the odd occasion where a certain player should clearly be skinning his man, and isn't) because it was a little too easy on Demo 2 to make the game all about pace.

Still, pace does matter in this PES - in a way it didn't in the last one - even if it is toned down. Another of my Swansea games (also against a human, part of a PEEL Premier League tournament) was against Aston Villa, who are much stronger physically than Swansea but also much slower, especially at the back. I couldn't get away with the usual close-passing Swansea style, because my tiny players were being muscled out, so I sat back and drew Villa forward, then played on the counter trying to isolate Richard Dunne wherever possible. That battle of strength vs speed was very very obvious, and it simply wouldn't have happened in PES2011. Small differences in pace between players don't really come across, and as you say the AI often seems to be able to catch Aaron Lennon suspiciously easily, but a notably fast player will still beat a notably slow one for pace. You just have to time the run correctly, and wrongfoot the defender. The only thing that's missing is the foot race - like you say, Walcott knocking the ball 15 yards ahead of him into space and beating the other guy in a straight sprint. I do miss it.

could all of you that are not happy with the game try chimps gameplay edit file posted above,its just one file to copy over and might make the difference for you before you go and trade in the game

Seriously, if you're on a UK version of the PS3 game and don't like it, download this one file -

It will take a minute to install and addresses a lot of what people don't like in the game.

Or I could list it on Play.com, which is what I've just done :(

After spending the summer looking forward to this game, checking the net for new gameplay videos, bits of information on what to expect for the game, I never thought I'd be listing it for sale just a few weeks after buying the thing. It's a shame because Football Life looks freakin' amazing, but the game, on the pitch itself, is a chore. It looks shit, sounds shit, all sorts of bugs and little problems keep rearing their head, and the AI is completely unrealistic to the point of robotic.

I find it a bit weird how you can handle the stumble thing in PES 2011 but hate it in PES 12 when it happens a lot less and it's nowhere near as effective (in my experience) on -2 and 15 minutes... I play on professional though, as I know if I up the difficulty my enjoyment will go down.

Do you play PES 2011 on top player? as from what I remember after the patch top player was a complete pressure fest from the CPU, just way way too much pressure coupled with the stumbling animation made it a chore to play, hence I went down to professional on that game too... fair enough I won nearly every game but I enjoyed myself. I can't remember a good goal the CPU scored against me on that game either, as much as I loved it (played 2 full seasons in ML, more in BAL) the AI cheated quite a bit too... the ball would bobble the right way, take crazy deflections and just somehow find it's way in. The CPU against me on PES 12 play much much better football, and score a nice variety of goals.

My only issue is the high scoring games, but for every one of those theres a nice 1-0 win or a 0-0 draw somewhere in between, I'm enjoying the game immensely offline.

I ain't started a ML yet though, only played CL/BAL so maybe things will change when I start playing that, but atm I'm loving it.

This gameplay file sounds great.Thankyou.
Can i ask before i use it, have the teams formations been changed as well as the teams stats, or just the teams stats ?.

The reason i'm asking is because ive edited quite a few teams formations and stats to make them play like they do in real life, well similar.

Thanks

This gameplay file sounds great.Thankyou.
Can i ask before i use it, have the teams formations been changed as well as the teams stats, or just the teams stats ?.

The reason i'm asking is because ive edited quite a few teams formations and stats to make them play like they do in real life, well similar.

Thanks

No changes to formations yet, but most teams have been tested and play vastly more realistic than just changing the formations.

Every players at most teams have been edited to improve the game and how each team plays when you're using them or playing against them as well as the the game playing smoother and far better paced

I think Klash is going to have a look at the formations for this file at some point

These comments come on the back of a few offline 1 v 1 matches (2 bar assistance, 10 min games) and a few online 1 v 1 matches (0 bar assistance, 15 min games) WITH the patch. Now I know what Jimmy was talking about. Human on human on PES 2012 is unbelievable! All the good parts of PES 2011 are there with some polish.

The shooting has plenty of oomph, the tactics/formations are very noticeable and the keepers are very good.

Against the CPU I am now playing on Superstar and find it well balanced and am so glad it's not just end to end like the demo. I think some people here should spend more time working on their game and less time complaining. Seriously, if you read the last 20 pages of posts its the same freakin conversation going around in circles. Sure hope Konami don't accomodate these complaints because this game is fantastic.

Absolutely love the dribbling, little touches, and changes in speed. There's so many subtleties and nuances that a real footballer notices that it makes me smile from ear to ear.

Yeah I have seen some of your complaints too but the more I play and learn, the more I realise you need to understand the game and then the beauty really shines and you will be praising the game too. If not, I feel for you, because it's pure awesomeness as a representation of real football.

This.

I had to drag myself off my latest CL campaign at 1.15 am this morning. I'm absolutely loving this game, but then again, it did click a long time ago for me. I really enjoy trying to unlock the CPU defence, and the game truly rewards 'thinking outside of the box'. Making sure you completely utilise every players strengths is at the highest it's ever been for me. Every player has his role and a job, every player is completely individual to the next in so many different ways. I adore Lee Chung-Yong, jeez, this kid just turns up, literally, everywhere. I have him playing inside-right, but the kid just reads the game and offers himself up as an option no matter where it's playing out. His long passing is brilliant, and like Petrov he is also capable, although not as consistent, of that killer pass. What a player.

I had both Petrov and Chung-Yong on Purples for my away game at Lille. I brought in Reo-Coker and Holden and played them both as outside CM's. Jeez, what a difference without my two creative players. It was a real slog, a totally different style of play for Bolton, and all because my two main men were out. I had to completely change my style of Bolton's play to accomodate the loss of these two massively influentional players. I managed a 1-1 draw, but had to work so hard for it. Holden and Coker busted their balls for the full 90, and did a proper job. Superb.

Edit - I'm loving how the Right Stick cursor select works on set-pieces. If you replicate the timing of runs as you would in real-life it becomes an amazing system. Also, picking out the likes of Zat Knight for flick-ons from FK's around the middle of the park, works a treat. Especially with big Kev lurking.

Last edited:
No changes to formations yet, but most teams have been tested and play vastly more realistic than just changing the formations.

Every players at most teams have been edited to improve the game and how each team plays when you're using them or playing against them as well as the the game playing smoother and far better paced

I think Klash is going to have a look at the formations for this file at some point
Thankyou for this, it's greatly appreciated.:))

Back
Top Bottom