PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

You guys are now seriously confusing me over this patch/pre-patch dilemma. :CONFUSE:

Thankfully, I now have quite a few games offline under my belt, all on pre-patch. I have noticed some silly goalkeeping errors, but I've also seen some amazing saves.

Tonight I'm going to start a CL offline with Bolton again, but this time with the patch installed. At least now I will be able to give this whole issue an informed testing, as I'm fully aware of how pre-patch plays offline.

I'll report back tomorrow with what I find.....

just got the game today for PC in post woohoo.

Now great I dunno wtf to do, patch, no pathc, -2,-1, 0? Pass assistance what level?

geezz....what about pick up and play?

then I need patch, pesedit? which one best. I want stadiums also but on Pes 2011 everytime I download patches or stadiums my master league gets crahses...so I have to play with no pathces, stadiums?

Just wanted to share this, sorry if off-topic.
ok, so i played 4 games on Superstar level, with Lecce, playing against barcas and madrids (top level teams), and bizarrely i conceded all goals to them in the 75-90 min mark, through set-pieces. the deflected goals, free-kick (ronaldo's knuckle shot:CONFUSE:) Keeper parrying it away etc. though all could have been stopped, had i prevented those fouls. Is this what we call AI cheating or is it normal?

It is what it is. Some folk may claim cheating, the way I see it is that your playing the worlds elite, so dont ever be suprised to concede. At any given time. Others would slate the 'dodgy' keepers. Take your pick of the three.

Last edited:
Been playing 0 assistance passing, with good teams i like it ALOT, but then i change to poor-average teams and it's totally different and half my passes seem to be going astray.

Any advice guys?

Urgh, gonna post in the unhappy thread because, after yesterday's awesome experience with the game, tonight has been simply awful. No real inclination to bother with this now. One minute the game feels brilliant, the next, it's absolutely horrible. Really bizarre.

Urgh, gonna post in the unhappy thread because, after yesterday's awesome experience with the game, tonight has been simply awful. No real inclination to bother with this now. One minute the game feels brilliant, the next, it's absolutely horrible. Really bizarre.

Yep. Exactly my dilemma with the game at the moment.

I picked up Fifa 12 today and it's put a lot of things into perspective for me.....and not in a good way for PES.

Delete the patch, every game is good :P

I tried deleting the patch, every game felt more open but not in a good way. No game of football plays out with both teams leaving half your side 'up front' then sprinting 60 yards with the ball, get tackled, the other team sprint 60 yards, and back again etc. Far too open and far too arcade like in the way the game pans out tactically.

I picked up Fifa 12 today and it's put a lot of things into perspective for me.....and not in a good way for PES.

Yep, definitely agree. There's so much right in PES, player individuality for one is stunning as Jimmy states, but I hate the differing levels of difficulty.

All I'll say in this thread (I've written in the complaints thread) is that the game is brilliant in friendly matches, version 1.01, Pro level. Awesome. Play an actual game mode however, all those little touches your skilled players can do to unlock a defence, those little drag backs, sidesteps etc around the penalty area that opens up space for a goal, seem to disappear thanks to 100% accurate, brutal AI tackling. It's been ramped up in competitive game modes by what feels like 200%.

I've been playing FIFA (singleplayer only) for the last 4 days nonstop and right now i think PES is so much more fun and more important so much more football. FIFA AI is far away from playing or simulating a good game of football.

The first 2 days FIFA feels terrible, right now (find some nice sliders) is is really ok but not more. Your opinion is as good as mine but for me PES beats FIFA easily gameplaywise just because of the AI (again singleplayer only, online and multiplayer is probably a different story).

At the end of the day it is a matter of taste to. Both games have their faults and sometimes i think people should play more and compare less. Different games and it doesn't really matters what PES do better if you are playing FIFA right now and vice versa. They will always stay different so just play the games and find a way to enjoy. And there are a lot of things to enjoy.

Last edited:

I had FIFA for two weeks when it first came out and it does indeed do a lot of things right, especially after you tweak the sliders, but the fact that there are so few CPU fouls and consequently very rare to take a free kick was a gamebreaker.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmnnn ......

Ok, so I have just played 3 games on my CL, Professional level, Zero Assistance and with the patch. Bearing in mind I've had 4-5 CL campaigns, same settings, pre-patch, I've got a very good understanding with the regards the differences for me personally. I played the very same CL campaign as I had pre-patch. With myself as Bolton, with Lyon, Bayer Leverkusen and Ajax in my group.

Firstly, the game felt alot easier post-patch, and certainly in a good way. There was no God-like moments in any of the 3 games. Everything felt alot more considered. It felt much more realistic. The passing error from the CPU was far higher, that was instantly noticable. Also, the CPU A.i. didnt try any tricks in the 3 games, totally different to pre-patch. The game itself felt much more composed, and better for it. Passing felt alot better, crisper, everything was tighter, and I was pulling off the clever stuff with Petrov in a way that I simply couldnt pre-patch. And trust me, I have tried. The possession from the CPU was alot higher, and our shot count was very similiar in all games. In the pre-patch matches, the CPU would have on average 17(8). In these games the highest was 10(6).

I felt the movement of the players, once given time was superior post-patch. The shooting didnt feel any different, I can smash them on either code. Dribbling felt tighter with the better players as well. The post-patch CL, I must admit I felt played out alot more realistic, with me having alot more chances created than pre-patch. As open as the pre-patch is, it has a nasty God-mode feel it in comparison. I found tackling alot easier on post-patch as well, which certainly links in what how the rest of the game panned and played out.

Bottom-line, I find pre-patch alot more hectic, very gung-ho in comparison. And although I loved the challenge of the marauding A.i, I dont appreciate the God-like play that comes with it. Post-patch the CPU made far more errors in every area, it felt more realistic because of it. I appreciate all games play out differently, you have Form, formations, and CPU tactical changes, but without a shadow of a doubt, playing those 3 games back-to-back, pre-patch and post-patch were two completely seperate philosophies. I can appreciate pre-patch playing more like the Demo's, but I feel that's because post-patch is an improved and tweaked variation.

I'm 100% sticking with the post-patch, for me it's alot more complete, and the keepers feel so much better to boot.

Last edited:

Ok, so I have just played 3 games on my CL, Professional level, Zero Assistance and with the patch. Bearing in mind I've had 4-5 CL campaigns, same settings, pre-patch, I've got a very good understanding with the regards the differences for me personally. I played the very same CL campaign as I had pre-patch. With myself as Bolton, with Lyon, Bayer Leverkusen and Ajax in my group.

Firstly, the game felt alot easier post-patch, and certainly in a good way. There was no God-like moments in any of the 3 games. Everything felt alot more considered. It felt much more realistic. The passing error from the CPU was far higher, that was instantly noticable. Also, the CPU A.i. didnt try any tricks in the 3 games, totally different to pre-patch. The game itself felt much more composed, and better for it. Passing felt alot better, crisper, everything was tighter, and I was pulling off the clever stuff with Petrov in a way that I simply couldnt pre-patch. And trust me, I have tried. The possession from the CPU was alot higher, and our shot count was very similiar in all games. In the pre-patch matches, the CPU would have on average 17(8). In these games the highest was 10(6).

I felt the movement of the players, once given time was superior post-patch. The shooting didnt feel any different, I can smash them on either code. Dribbling felt tighter with the better players as well. The post-patch CL, I must admit I felt played out alot more realistic, with me having alot more chances created than pre-patch. As open as the pre-patch is, it has a nasty God-mode feel it in comparison. I found tackling alot easier on post-patch as well, which certainly links in what how the rest of the game panned and played out.

Bottom-line, I find pre-patch alot more hectic, very gung-ho in comparison. And although I loved the challenge of the marauding A.i, I dont appreciate the God-like play that comes with it. Post-patch the CPU made for more errors in every area, it felt more realistic because of it. I appreciate all games play out differently, you have Form, formations, and CPU tactical changes, but without a shadow of a doubt, playing those 3games back-to-back, pre-patch and post-patch were two completely seperate philosophies. I can appreciate pre-patch playing more like the Demo's, but I feel that's because post-patch is an improved and tweaked variation.

I'm 100% sticking with the post-patch, for me it's alot more complete, and the keepers feel so much better to boot.

Those are all the exact things I felt about going back to the patched game (1.01) last night. Was really excited to give the game a better go tonight in a proper game mode, but have been horrified by how ramped up the AI tackling is. It's near 100% laser precision. Ozil, in my Germany team last night was the only player I had who was able to tear up the opposition in those tight situations. He won several games for me.

Tonight, he could barely get a kick. No sooner than he controlled the ball and went to turn, in came a perfect tackle, and so this went for the entire tournament. The only time I managed to do anything flair wise at all was to turn between two players in the box and score from close range, in the last minute of my last tournament game.

Haven't you noticed a big difference between friendlies and competitive game mode matches? I just can't beat any players in competitive games.

maybe your fingers (and thumbs) are having a bad day?

Bottom-line, I find pre-patch alot more hectic, very gung-ho in comparison. And although I loved the challenge of the marauding A.i, I dont appreciate the God-like play that comes with it. Post-patch the CPU made far more errors in every area, it felt more realistic because of it. I appreciate all games play out differently, you have Form, formations, and CPU tactical changes, but without a shadow of a doubt, playing those 3 games back-to-back, pre-patch and post-patch were two completely seperate philosophies. I can appreciate pre-patch playing more like the Demo's, but I feel that's because post-patch is an improved and tweaked variation.

I get what your saying mate 'gung-ho' A.I off the cpu and all that.

but the A.I from your team mates is majestic pre-patch.

the diagonal runs the dropping off deep, the overlapping and late runs into the box from midfielders is, for me, fantastic and a great base to create (to use an american term) Great plays.

I would love the freewheelin' attacking A.I in pre-patch with the defensive A.I of the post patched version but with them holding a higher line.

they drop way to deep post patch and it is un-realistic in my opinion.

Last edited:
I had FIFA for two weeks when it first came out and it does indeed do a lot of things right, especially after you tweak the sliders, but the fact that there are so few CPU fouls and consequently very rare to take a free kick was a gamebreaker.

I've been fouled countless times and subsequently been awarded free kicks so I've definitely not experienced what you are saying.

I only play CL and ML, LT. I had no problem taking players on though, with the right players of course. Also I genuinely never felt the A.i. camping with all men behind the ball as previously suggested. If anything, I got behind the back-line alot more often on post-patch.

Last edited:

This is baffling me now sir, as I've put in bold the parts that I felt turned me right of 1.01 and turned me on with 1.00. I know I'm on PC, but the game should be the same. But it's obviously not. The god-like moments and gung-ho AI opposition especially, that created a new grey hair every match with 1.01. When I moved back to 1.00, I instantly found tackling easier, saw nicer CPU attacking moves more often but also more errors in passing, shooting from them. Definitely a more level amount of shots and fouls. Passing for me felt more reasonable, AI team-mates more vibrant, shooting the same but most of all the god moments vastly reduced.

If I wasn't happy with how things are in my ML (it's all I'm playing), I'd reinstall my game due to sheer bewilderment. But I've no problems, I've got super-edited keepers and that's all I needed really. I'm sixth in the league after 26 Prem games, Pro level and knocked out of all cups and every game is a challenge that requires much concentration. It's just bizarre that I want the same things as you from the game but I'm in Slytherin, yourself Gryffindor. :P

I get what your saying mate 'gung-ho' A.I off the cpu and all that.

but the A.I from your team mates is majestic pre-patch.

the diagonal runs the dropping off deep, the overlapping and late runs into the box from midfielders is, for me, fantastic and a great base to create (to use an american term) Great plays.

I would love the freewheelin' attacking A.I in pre-patch with the defensive A.I of the post patched version but with them holding a higher line.

they drop way to deep post patch and it is un-realistic in my opinion.

Spot on.

I think I do yes. But ask again in a week or two for a fairer opinion from me.

YOU PLAYED WITH SLIDers yet? You can make FIFA even more fun with correct sliders.

I will install PEs 2012 tommorow.

I am opposite to you lol.

2 weeks loving fifa 12 now I try PEs 2012.

post or pre patch i dunno what to do?

YOU PLAYED WITH SLIDers yet? You can make FIFA even more fun with correct sliders.

I will install PEs 2012 tommorow.

I am opposite to you lol.

2 weeks loving fifa 12 now I try PEs 2012.

post or pre patch i dunno what to do?

Obviously not for this thread but yes I have used the sliders and it helps sort out a few issues I normally have with the game.

Have to agree with proxi, I find the opposing AI so unrealistic with the patched version when playing offline master league on superstar difficulty, since removing the patch the game feels more balanced yet just as challenging so I find jimmy's post strange. Definitely sticking with 1.00 I find 1.01 ridiculous at times offline.

Getting decent results against superstar AI but the games feel a bit tedious to be honest, with pes 2011 the more I played the more I loved it but the opposite seems to be happening with 2012. Although I regard the game highly konami's decision making frustrates me. To be honest they can be a pretty insulting company nowadays despite the fact they know their football.

On another note I just scored a header with my Goalkeeper sirigu in the last minute to earn a point against Bordeaux.

Last edited:
I had the exact same thing. Didn't like PES2011 at first then grew to absolutely love the game. I still think it's my favourite ever football game.

PES2012 seems like the opposite. I absolutely loved the demos, loved them, then wasn't sure about the full release at first, and now the more I play it the more tedious it's become. I seem to occasionally have a small run of games that are fantastic, I have a tight match where I can do really creative stuff on the ball, then that enthusiasm is immediately offset with having a couple of sessions with the game that are of no enjoyment whatsoever.

As for the dribbling, well, I tried again and same result. In friendly matches, the AI seems balanced, but go into a competitive game mode and the AI turns on it's laser guided tackling and hammers you off the ball the moment you control the thing.

No fun at all.

What baffles me is some of Konami's every-year-the-same-bullshit-we-all-hate kind of stuff. Like the CPU AI turning god-like just after conceding and all of your defenders going into freeze mode so the CPU can score.

For god's sake, this is the most ridiculous thing in gaming history. How the fuck can a game undermine you like that just in order to beat you? I would love to be beaten fair and square but this is too much.

I've been fouled countless times and subsequently been awarded free kicks so I've definitely not experienced what you are saying.

What do you mean when you say 'countless' mate? Maybe we have a differing view of what a desirable foul count for our gaming experience is. I want as close to a sim as possible - 15-20 fouls total for both teams.
I've played FIFA for years and never have come close to that and as stated, played FIFA 12 for two weeks straight at 15-20 minute halves and averaged about 2-3 CPU fouls against me with the high being 5. In addition, there was only a couple games where the CPU received more than one yellow card - most matches they didn't receive any.
Conversely, I've been playing PES 2012 for over 3 weeks now at 15-20 minutes and average 6-7 CPU fouls against with a high of 10. That came in the game pictured here where there were 26 total fouls - that could NEVER happen in a single-player FIFA match of that time length.
As always, to each their own - I know most players don't even want to be bothered with foul stoppages but it's a major component of the real-life game and I prefer it to play a big part in the video game as well.

2011-10-01-14-06-39-787.jpg

Last edited:
Have to agree with proxi, I find the opposing AI so unrealistic with the patched version when playing offline master league on superstar difficulty, since removing the patch the game feels more balanced yet just as challenging so I find jimmy's post strange. Definitely sticking with 1.00 I find 1.01 ridiculous at times offline.

Getting decent results against superstar AI but the games feel a bit tedious to be honest, with pes 2011 the more I played the more I loved it but the opposite seems to be happening with 2012. Although I regard the game highly konami's decision making frustrates me. To be honest they can be a pretty insulting company nowadays despite the fact they know their football.

On another note I just scored a header with my Goalkeeper sirigu in the last minute to earn a point against Bordeaux.

It must have something to do with Top Player or Superstar level then. I'm on Professional.

I did play another two games in my CL and my findings remained true. The only difference was that I saw certain Lyon players pulling off tricks. For me the most noticable differences were certainly the CPU A.i. errors, and this was everywhere. From mis-placed passes, silly offsides, and horrific misses in front of goal. It was anything but the God-like play I'd come to expect. I've only ever played pre-patch, so these were glaring. Also, the tackling, it was so much more realistic with both standing challenges and sliding tackles. I couldnt believe how many times I was regaining possession through this. Completely different to the God-mode of pre-patch were as they would dance around you no matter what.

During the last two games I played, I scored two late goals to beat Bayer Leverkusen, but then got tonked 5-2 by Lyon. One of the Lyon goals was an own goal, but the other four I had no problem with. Not a hint of God-ness.

Back
Top Bottom