PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

All you do is you assume people are playing it wrong, so this discussion isn't going to go anywhere.

Well what do you want me to say. Tell me what do you want me to do?

I gave you advice, I mean the advice I gave was simply common sense but but you needed to broadcast on a forum you under hitting passes. Something you really should be able to solve yourself.

Whatever. Only the ones who enjoy the game are masters and
everyone else are trying to play fantasy style football.

My point I was making was simply the better you get at the game more clearly you can see it's faults. A general term which applies to every game. I'm not saying that you can see any flaws if your not a master at all. I was shit at To Spin 3 but online. I could clearly see how the power stat was balanced poorly so it was too much of an advantage, but most importantly if you struggle with the game you could misinterpret faults which just require you to gget better at the game in certain areas.

If your angry with the game because you under hitting passes it just says to me your angry for the sake of being angry, i don't understand why you can't simply take more care over your passes?

Just because you didn't read the praise I had for parts of demo2 means all I've said is complaints.

Well what have you said that was positive? All I can go on is what you said and everything you have said has been moaning? Your saying I'm wrong to assume everything you say is negative because i didn't see your comments on demo 2 yet your hypocrisy however shows in that you assume I have read every single post of comment from you on every forum across the internet.

I don't expect positivity all the time, i expect a balanced argument, not a whine.

No one else is a fan of the game except you. I give up.

Sorry to disappoint you but there are some who surprise, surprise like the game and have less issues with it than you.

Some like it because they like arcadey settings and gameplay, some like me love the simulation settings, some love the balance in-between. It is alarming how much FIFA is outselling PES all over the world and in Japan, but no matter how much Konami improve the game people will still buy fifa! You think the masses buy it for the simulation? really, or for the licences, fancy visuals and fluidness? No matter how shit the realistic player movement and inertia is.

FIFA will always sell, now PES has lost it s reputation because of PES 2008 and 2009 especially, it's never getting it back no matter what it does. Maybe if it buys a ton of licences it may get some decent reviews but lets face it. Reviews are not earned, they a brought these days.

Yes there are many who hate the game, of course, but does every single person on this planet who has played it hate it? No.

We all want a better game but lets at least first see what we have to offer rather than curse it for not being absolutely full on perfect because face it what game is perfect.

Why do you feel so insecure that other players like this game?

Sure thing mate. The interesting thing about PES games is that they are filled with so many little areas within it's core gameplay that when discovered, certainly need mastering with lots of practice. There's also the super-cancel(RB+RT)which some vids have shown and how successfully utilize to improve the game mechanics on the pitch. These and other little golden nuggets within the game's mechanics usually get overlooked and no real time is given to master them.

I've spent hours digging, discovering, and perfecting certain things like the ones mentioned above and it makes the game come alive before your eyes and much more enjoyable.

Another tip is that as soon as you pass the ball, press and release LT right before the player receives the ball. This will make your player receiving the ball much more responsive on turns, dribbles, sprinting, passing, Long balls, Lob balls, and even shooting. It's like a mini super-cancel if you will.

If I discover any more things. I'll be sure to keep you guys posted.

Following on from what LTFC said, that's good advice my friend, I don't hate the crossing at all, I love it, it's simply I'm not happy about how it's a little easy that's all :)

Should Konami be worried? Here are the top 7 (out of 20) in the Japanese sales chart:

# Macross F Sayonara no Tsubasa (Namco Bandai, PS3): 142,607 - NEW
# Naruto Narutimate Impact (Namco Bandai, PSP): 53,148 - NEW
# Go Vacation (Namco Bandai, Wii): 47,209 - NEW
# Just Dance (Nintendo, Wii): 45,580 (Life to date: 135,619)
# Dead Island (Spike, PS3): 39,945 - NEW
# FIFA 12 (Electronic Arts, PS3): 25,640 - NEW
# PES 2012 (Konami, PS3): 22,902 (356,724)

from: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-26-japan-chart-dead-island-fifa-score-top-10-debuts

Yes, but I don't think they can do much about that. Unless FIFA is totally unplayable on any setting it will sell a shit load in any nation.

also it seems as if PES was released 2-3 weeks ago in Japan which is why FIFA headed it that week.

The PlayStation 3 version of zombie FPS Dead Island debuts at number five on this week's Japanese sales chart.
As reported by Andriasang, it shifted 39,945 copies on PS3, while the Xbox 360 version shuffled in at 10, with 13,147 sales.
Mech anime crossover Macross F Sayonara no Tsubasa topped the chart, with FIFA also seeing a top 10 debut down at seven. It seems PES, which entered at number one a few weeks back, retains its vice-like grip on Japanese footie fans, despite FIFA's recent domination of the Western market.

Have to say the Football Life mode is a vast improvement, seems really good. And playing with default ML players like Palmieri etc again makes the game feel a lot better, more individual and better paced.

Actually I re-applied the patch and can see what the complaints are properly about now. One occasion I had the ball nearly halfway in their half, that's only about 30-35 yards out, and realised they had every last man behind the ball, even so far back. Not a single player within about 80 yards of my goal (the AI is the team in blue);

YouTube - 1

So I think I'll remove the patch as that's crazy. However, I did finally have a little revelation as to how to play this game, even with the patch. The AI, as everyone knows, post-patch, hounds you down and bumps into you etc to win the tackle. However, I'm now learning that in this year's edition, sometimes the best thing you can do is absolutely nothing. What I mean is, if you're confronted with an AI player, you can release the direction stick entirely and let a tiny bit of momentum carry you forward. The AI holds off a lot more. You can use this to dribble around and in-between them, not by using a continuous motion of the direction stick, but by short, sharp, 'jabs' of the stick in whatever direction you want. It really seems to work. Likewise, I never realised you could shield the ball fantastically well by just getting your body between the AI and the ball, and then doing nothing. No directional movement at all buys you more time on the ball.

Sounds a bit odd but that seems to be the way the game is done this year. After cottoning on to this idea, I was suddenly able to work neat moves and use my skillful players to dribble. If you hold off using the direction stick all the time, and use it to change direction momentarily before laying off the stick again, the game uses the player's momentum to it's maximum advantage. Likewise, using this to perform tiny little knock ons with your first touch makes you feel like you're actually using a foot to take individual touches of the ball when moving around. While you can of course just push in a direction and hold it to 'go', the AI seems to see this as a green light to wade into you - something it seems to hold off from doing if it can't perhaps read the stick movement and predict what you might be doing next.

I'd advise anyone to try it, I think it gives you a better control of the ball and allows you to use player inertia to great affect. Perhaps this is a dribbling mechanic that Konami introduced and never bothered speaking about.

When player movement is concerned with this game, less is definitely more.

Oh and my complaints about how poor the game looks in the other thread are thankfully over, this won't mean much to anyone without a 3D TV but I tried increasing the sharpness on my tele by a large amount, then added a 2D-3D conversion (which for some unexplained reason seems to make games look better) and the difference is amazing. Textures look sharp, lighting more dynamic, the 3D effect is very subtle on the eyes and gives things a tiny bit of depth, it looks fantastic, actually up there with current gen stuff. Really, really bizarre.

If I use this TV mode when playing in the 'player cam', the 3D and graphics look absolutely stunning. It's making me want to play BAL for the first time ever now. Add to this my post above, and how good the Football Life mode looks, and possibly PES will be a great gaming experience now. Hopefully :BOP:

I urge anyone to find a team better than Marseilles to play with in this game, they are perfect and i reckon Cheyrou is the best player in the game!

Magical!

Oh and my complaints about how poor the game looks in the other thread are thankfully over, this won't mean much to anyone without a 3D TV but I tried increasing the sharpness on my tele by a large amount, then added a 2D-3D conversion (which for some unexplained reason seems to make games look better) and the difference is amazing. Textures look sharp, lighting more dynamic, the 3D effect is very subtle on the eyes and gives things a tiny bit of depth, it looks fantastic, actually up there with current gen stuff. Really, really bizarre.

If I use this TV mode when playing in the 'player cam', the 3D and graphics look absolutely stunning. It's making me want to play BAL for the first time ever now. Add to this my post above, and how good the Football Life mode looks, and possibly PES will be a great gaming experience now. Hopefully :BOP:

Can you provide me with a link on what this 2D-3D conversion looks like? Is it a separate box?

Also, can you Post a vid showing off your newly improved graphics with this 3D settings?

One of my main gripes with the game has been the graphics. They don't look like ones I've seen on PC vids. If this 3D tv along with the conversion can get the game to look as sharp and high res as the PC version, then it will be time to upgrade my television.

Last edited:
When do you time the header?

I don't know if I'm doing it too early or late, but I'm finding my strikers are refusing to jump and contest the header, and instead just waiting on the off chance the defender misjudges it.

Sounds like your doing it too late. Remember, press the LT down as soon as you cross and continue holding it while you move the player with the LS towards goal in the path of the ball. As the ball gets within inches of his head, continue holding down LT, press the shoot button and point to either side of the goal for a header. It takes a lot of practice mate. Keep trying, don't give up. Patience does pay off. Just keep working on the timing. As I've said, I spent almost an entire day practicing this until I finally nailed it.

However, I did finally have a little revelation as to how to play this game, even with the patch. The AI, as everyone knows, post-patch, hounds you down and bumps into you etc to win the tackle. However, I'm now learning that in this year's edition, sometimes the best thing you can do is absolutely nothing. What I mean is, if you're confronted with an AI player, you can release the direction stick entirely and let a tiny bit of momentum carry you forward. The AI holds off a lot more. You can use this to dribble around and in-between them, not by using a continuous motion of the direction stick, but by short, sharp, 'jabs' of the stick in whatever direction you want. It really seems to work. Likewise, I never realised you could shield the ball fantastically well by just getting your body between the AI and the ball, and then doing nothing. No directional movement at all buys you more time on the ball.

^This - as in RL football, patience sometimes goes a long way.
I think it's likely difficult for many who play the game at a frenetic pace or with halves of less than 15 minutes to get in the habit of NOT racing down the wing or thru the midfield, and instead altering pace with being very deliberate.

Can you provide me with a link on what this 2D-3D conversion looks like? Is it a separate box?

Also, can you Post a vid showing off your newly improved graphics with this 3D settings?

One of my main gripes with the game has been the graphics. They don't look like ones I've seen on PC vids. If this 3D tv along with the conversion can get the game to look as sharp and high res as the PC version, then it will be time to upgrade my television.

It's a TV mode where the television creates a kind of 'fake' 3D effect on-screen, then you use active 3D glasses in conjunction with it. Personally I hate games in proper 3D because they lose all their resolution and look terrible even if the 3D looks amazing. But playing a 2D game in this conversion creates a more subtle effect.

Unfortunately there's no way of posting a video because you can only see it through the glasses so can't record it. But I wouldn't go as far to say the resolution is up there with PC - the game technically is still the same resolution, but increasing the sharpness in your TV settings will help no end with that. The 3D conversion on my TV basically seems to 'smooth' everything out, creating a subtle 3D effect while retaining the game's native resolution and, to me, makes everything look a lot nicer in terms of lighting. It's just an effect, rather than actually changing the graphics, but is naturally a bit 'dimmer' in brightness than the game on it's own.

To be honest you'd probably be better off buying a PC that can handle a better resolution, I'm sure the game still looks miles better than mine, but it's a decent improvement for sure, enough to make me very happy with the way the game looks. But getting a gaming PC would cost virtually the same amount anyways, and you'd be able to use it for other things. Unless you really want a 3D TV for blurays too then I wouldn't recommend buying one for the 3D conversion - unless you can find one cheap and were buying another TV anyways.

Anyways, back to PES, had a far more enjoyable time with it tonight. Far more. Loved playing as Ajax in FL, I love the pre-season friendlies in a virtually empty Amsterdam Arena. Really cool.

Unfortunately though I think I may need to get rid of the Daymos option file. The kits etc look great but it's doing strange things to my xbox. Going between menus in FL seem fine, but navigating anything else in the game takes about ten times as long as without the OF installed. I'm not intending playing as a Premier League team anyways, so it won't make any difference to me really. When I played ML in PES2011 as Marseille I encountered one English team in the whole game so it didn't matter that there was no OF.

This is off-topic, but it seems silly to begin a thread about PES2013.
There is a rumour that PES2013 will have the Brazilian and Argentinian competitions licensed. As a big fan of Argentinian football, i hope this is true...

In my opinion they should work on animations, graphic LOD, keepers, audio/commentary as a primary focus.

If they can make keepers really good, then they can take off the restrictions on ball physics and gameplay and we can have a cracking game of football. If they can also fix those presentational issues to a higher standard then there should be more positive feedback.

For anyone who wants to try improving the visuals, on the screen where you can change brightness, R, G and B, I adjusted G (green) to -3 and thought it looked noticeably better on night games. More natural looking. Any lower and the reds become too prominent. You might find it a tad dull on day games but if so, try -2 for Green and tell me what you think.

Another great thing about this game is the defending. There are several ways to do this. You can press (LT + A), (RT + A), (LT) by itself, or (A) by itself.

You can also just run directly into the oncoming ball carrier and if timed properly, will steal the ball off his feet.

I personally have found that (RT + A) works best. When approaching the ball carrier, get in front of him and while holding (RT + A), as you see your player back-pedaling, immediately release "A" while still holding RT. You will see your player sort of being "sling-shotted" towards the ball carrier to steal the ball cleanly with no foul. It works great when timed properly and it depends on your player's attributes and the distance you have to the ball carrier to be successful.

Last edited:
That's also a good way to foul the AI. Just dive in and try to win the ball or stab at him lol.

Actually I found last night something I never would have with PES 2011. When playing through balls, the last defender always stayed with my striker as if he was man marking him perfectly. Made it more rewarding when I could get a through ball working properly.

PES series have been lagging behind FIFA series in the past few years and the gap seemed to be getting further and further until last year when I had a feeling Konami had begun to finally close the gap with PES 2011 for the first time. This year has been a massive disappointment for me as a football fan because all hope I had for PES 2012, which was simply improving on the good base 2011 had put for the series, were shattered.
Animations are absolutely abysmal. I have no idea what happened to Konami when the next generation consoles came out, or even after PES 2010 where a large set of newly motion captured animations were scrapped but I can point out that PES 2012’s animations, dare I say, are worse than old generation PES games. I was watching a few PES 5 matches on YouTube and I was amazed by the quality of animations back in the day and wonder why the current animations are worse than the ones released 5 years ago! There is almost no variety in animations. Part of football is all about watching your opponents’ movements and reacting according to them, however animations in PES 2012 don’t make any sense at all. Passing, shooting, crossing, goalkeeper and movement animations are not only limited, dated and unnatural at times, they just look wrong in a sense that, for example, ball trajectory does not follow the shooting or passing animation at all. I don’t expect anything like FIFA’s new fancy collision system (which is shit by the way), but something worthy of a current gen console. Is that too much to ask after so many years?!
What Konami have done this year is removing almost every good aspect of PES 2011. While FIFA has always been the pretty game, PES is now, the senses of weight, momentum and player individuality are gone.
Player individuality has come to its worst state in the series. One of the reasons I generally have preferred PES series to FIFA has been the uniqueness of players, capturing the sense of every stat in a more simulation-based experience. Ladies and gentlemen, that is history in PES 2012. Let me start by stating that shooting was one of PES 2011’s low points for me, the whole ‘body shape’ thing was lacklustre and wasn’t believable at times. Instead of toning this down to a system that made sense, Konami decided to make sure you can shoot a rocket to the top corner with Mertesacker’s weaker foot from behind the box while he is being jostled/pressured by a couple of opponents (yes, this happens on a regular basis). Also the German national can dribble past players at times, something he would never attempt in real life. And pretty much every body can play precise long balls with their weaker foot. Don’t get me wrong, I was never a big fan of elephant touches of players in PES, as some stats like ball control have been over-exaggerated in the past as well as response which has always been a bit of an issue in PES (PES 2010 anyone?), but this is rather ridiculous. My dad was watching me play Spurs the other day and he hit bull’s eye when he asked me whether that was Messi playing for Spurs with all the mazy runs and precise dribbling skills and a classic well-placed shot far away from goalkeeper’s reach. Unfortunately it was a player not known for any of those qualities: Benoît Assou-Ekotto!
Ball physics are bizarre. Time was you could rely on PES to have a whacking, hefty physics model where the ball would be loaded with lead and tackles were accompanied by a gorgeous 'wumph'. Bizarrely, distressingly, that sense of weight has gone. The ball floats listlessly through the air with unnatural trajectory, and the physics are strangely inconsistent. The ball just behaves weirdly at times, wobbling off at an unlikely trajectory or magically picking up speed and whooshing across the turf like a greased pinball. All down to the scripted nature of current-gen PES series in my opinion.
Momentum (and hence inertia) were another of PES series’ qualities which made it closer to the real thing. Being able to run like on skates like you do in FIFA was prevented due to applying these basics of physics mechanics. To add insult to injury, that sense of inertia is gone too. Players feel weightless, can turn easy. I play AI and it’s all run, stop, run stop. It looks wrong; it plays bad and all in all not only captures the essence of football, it leaves you confused and frustrated at times.
Collision Detection and Player Awareness are still poor despite being improved since last year. There are still plenty of perfect challenges that can get booked. Referees are still unsatisfactory.
Switching system and goalkeepers are still in dire need. Passing goes to wrong players when you have two players on the same path.
Ping-pong passing, shooting, crossing is still there. These were one of my main gripes about PES’s recent releases which strangely have not been identified, or ignored by the community. While EA have been slowly toning down the whole ping-pong thing year after year, Konami seem to be happy to keep it. This too removes a chunk of realism from this lifeless title.
Despite various efforts by Konami since the first beta, goalkeepers are still in a terribly unsatisfactory state. Awful response to shots, the animations, the awareness. It just adds to the terrible experience PES 2012 is.
Add all this to the fact that the game’s speed which is too fast. It feels arcady, like an ugly, half-arsed and bug-plagued version of an old FIFA title.
All in all, PES 2012 is an arcade videogame, and a very bad one. For me, this has got to be one of the worst PES titles to date in terms of both playability and realism and I would have been ashamed to have it released had I been the executive producer. And anyone calling PES a simulation should seek help from a psychiatrist urgently.

Bravo

PES series have been lagging behind FIFA series in the past few years and the gap seemed to be getting further and further until last year when I had a feeling Konami had begun to finally close the gap with PES 2011 for the first time. This year has been a massive disappointment for me as a football fan because all hope I had for PES 2012, which was simply improving on the good base 2011 had put for the series, were shattered.
Animations are absolutely abysmal. I have no idea what happened to Konami when the next generation consoles came out, or even after PES 2010 where a large set of newly motion captured animations were scrapped but I can point out that PES 2012’s animations, dare I say, are worse than old generation PES games. I was watching a few PES 5 matches on YouTube and I was amazed by the quality of animations back in the day and wonder why the current animations are worse than the ones released 5 years ago! There is almost no variety in animations. Part of football is all about watching your opponents’ movements and reacting according to them, however animations in PES 2012 don’t make any sense at all. Passing, shooting, crossing, goalkeeper and movement animations are not only limited, dated and unnatural at times, they just look wrong in a sense that, for example, ball trajectory does not follow the shooting or passing animation at all. I don’t expect anything like FIFA’s new fancy collision system (which is shit by the way), but something worthy of a current gen console. Is that too much to ask after so many years?!
What Konami have done this year is removing almost every good aspect of PES 2011. While FIFA has always been the pretty game, PES is now, the senses of weight, momentum and player individuality are gone.
Player individuality has come to its worst state in the series. One of the reasons I generally have preferred PES series to FIFA has been the uniqueness of players, capturing the sense of every stat in a more simulation-based experience. Ladies and gentlemen, that is history in PES 2012. Let me start by stating that shooting was one of PES 2011’s low points for me, the whole ‘body shape’ thing was lacklustre and wasn’t believable at times. Instead of toning this down to a system that made sense, Konami decided to make sure you can shoot a rocket to the top corner with Mertesacker’s weaker foot from behind the box while he is being jostled/pressured by a couple of opponents (yes, this happens on a regular basis). Also the German national can dribble past players at times, something he would never attempt in real life. And pretty much every body can play precise long balls with their weaker foot. Don’t get me wrong, I was never a big fan of elephant touches of players in PES, as some stats like ball control have been over-exaggerated in the past as well as response which has always been a bit of an issue in PES (PES 2010 anyone?), but this is rather ridiculous. My dad was watching me play Spurs the other day and he hit bull’s eye when he asked me whether that was Messi playing for Spurs with all the mazy runs and precise dribbling skills and a classic well-placed shot far away from goalkeeper’s reach. Unfortunately it was a player not known for any of those qualities: Benoît Assou-Ekotto!
Ball physics are bizarre. Time was you could rely on PES to have a whacking, hefty physics model where the ball would be loaded with lead and tackles were accompanied by a gorgeous 'wumph'. Bizarrely, distressingly, that sense of weight has gone. The ball floats listlessly through the air with unnatural trajectory, and the physics are strangely inconsistent. The ball just behaves weirdly at times, wobbling off at an unlikely trajectory or magically picking up speed and whooshing across the turf like a greased pinball. All down to the scripted nature of current-gen PES series in my opinion.
Momentum (and hence inertia) were another of PES series’ qualities which made it closer to the real thing. Being able to run like on skates like you do in FIFA was prevented due to applying these basics of physics mechanics. To add insult to injury, that sense of inertia is gone too. Players feel weightless, can turn easy. I play AI and it’s all run, stop, run stop. It looks wrong; it plays bad and all in all not only captures the essence of football, it leaves you confused and frustrated at times.
Collision Detection and Player Awareness are still poor despite being improved since last year. There are still plenty of perfect challenges that can get booked. Referees are still unsatisfactory.
Switching system and goalkeepers are still in dire need. Passing goes to wrong players when you have two players on the same path.
Ping-pong passing, shooting, crossing is still there. These were one of my main gripes about PES’s recent releases which strangely have not been identified, or ignored by the community. While EA have been slowly toning down the whole ping-pong thing year after year, Konami seem to be happy to keep it. This too removes a chunk of realism from this lifeless title.
Despite various efforts by Konami since the first beta, goalkeepers are still in a terribly unsatisfactory state. Awful response to shots, the animations, the awareness. It just adds to the terrible experience PES 2012 is.
Add all this to the fact that the game’s speed which is too fast. It feels arcady, like an ugly, half-arsed and bug-plagued version of an old FIFA title.
All in all, PES 2012 is an arcade videogame, and a very bad one. For me, this has got to be one of the worst PES titles to date in terms of both playability and realism and I would have been ashamed to have it released had I been the executive producer. And anyone calling PES a simulation should seek help from a psychiatrist urgently.

+ The truth unveiled. :APPLAUD: Please send this to Murphy and Seabass. Is all between these words.

It's a shame to see what happens with Konami on this generation. :SHAKE:

I just don't see how anyone can switch TO fifa.

How many touches on the ball do you see players get in real life? 1-3 at the most right? Why, because it's congested. How many touches do you see in FIFA, 5-6 on every single transition of the ball ( each pass ). At least in PES, you do lose time on the ball, and the max it will reach is 4 touches, more if needed to spin or evade a tackler. In FIFA however, it's that clunky dribbling animation - it's not realistic to see 5-6 touches for every single player on the pitch.

My personal problem with PES, and I believe it would solve a lot of issues, is that the pitch size is too big. I believe the length needs to be smaller. Sure, we might lose the realistic measurements - but the PES engine would benefit. Problem is there is just too much space -why not eliminate some of that space? Problem solved.

How many touches on the ball do you see players get in real life? 1-3 at the most right? Why, because it's congested. How many touches do you see in FIFA, 5-6 on every single transition of the ball ( each pass ). At least in PES, you do lose time on the ball, and the max it will reach is 4 touches, more if needed to spin or evade a tackler. In FIFA however, it's that clunky dribbling animation - it's not realistic to see 5-6 touches for every single player on the pitch.

My personal problem with PES, and I believe it would solve a lot of issues, is that the pitch size is too big. I believe the length needs to be smaller. Sure, we might lose the realistic measurements - but the PES engine would benefit. Problem is there is just too much space -why not eliminate some of that space? Problem solved.

Not sure on your logic there sorry. At first you said PES doesn't have many touches per player, implying there's not much time on the ball, but then you say there is too much space, which would mean PES should have more touches per player since they have more space to move into?

I vented this last night on Twitter in a round about way:
I don't think it's the game speed itself that's the problem online, but the speed with which players can close you down. Not sure if you would tie that to sprint speed, fatigue or both. If you had a second more on the ball, it wouldn't resort to ping pong because you could actually think about the next pass.

Thing is, a couple of mates I play don't hold down buttons chasing me around all game and we have some of the most incredible games of football possible with a game. Which is why I don't play much MLO. It's good when it's good and when it's bad it can be ulcer inducing :RANT:

Anyways, back to PES, had a far more enjoyable time with it tonight. Far more. Loved playing as Ajax in FL, I love the pre-season friendlies in a virtually empty Amsterdam Arena. Really cool.

Unfortunately though I think I may need to get rid of the Daymos option file. The kits etc look great but it's doing strange things to my xbox. Going between menus in FL seem fine, but navigating anything else in the game takes about ten times as long as without the OF installed. I'm not intending playing as a Premier League team anyways, so it won't make any difference to me really. When I played ML in PES2011 as Marseille I encountered one English team in the whole game so it didn't matter that there was no OF.

I'm using Daymos' file and I don't find the loading times bad at all. Only when saving or loading a game. But if you wait until next week, Daymos is putting out an updated version (with updated international kits) in which he's removed a lot of unnecessary kit files and the like, effectively making the file smaller which in turn should reduce loading times. I'm gonna give it a try anyway...

Can I ask which TV you have? I have a Panasonic VT30 with a pair of active 3D glasses and I haven't yet found a 3D medium to play on it, so I haven't even tried the glasses yet. I've always seen 3D as a gimmick (that wasn't the feature that sold me on the TV) hence I haven't even tried the 2D->3D conversion. But if it does make a positive difference like you say I'll probably try it out with PES.

Playing pes5 alst night the picth seems so much smaller. I notice in pes 2010 2011 and 2012 demo picth seems absolutely huge...why?

+ The truth unveiled. :APPLAUD: Please send this to Murphy and Seabass. Is all between these words.

It's a shame to see what happens with Konami on this generation. :SHAKE:

i have a feeling Murphy agrees with everything written in that post, the problem is, he does nothing except giving our "feedback" to the Team, he is not part of developers

Seabass is the man.

I'm using Daymos' file and I don't find the loading times bad at all. Only when saving or loading a game. But if you wait until next week, Daymos is putting out an updated version (with updated international kits) in which he's removed a lot of unnecessary kit files and the like, effectively making the file smaller which in turn should reduce loading times. I'm gonna give it a try anyway...

Can I ask which TV you have? I have a Panasonic VT30 with a pair of active 3D glasses and I haven't yet found a 3D medium to play on it, so I haven't even tried the glasses yet. I've always seen 3D as a gimmick (that wasn't the feature that sold me on the TV) hence I haven't even tried the 2D->3D conversion. But if it does make a positive difference like you say I'll probably try it out with PES.

Argh now you're asking, can't remember the model but it's a Samsung with active glasses. I thought 2D-3D was a Samsung specific thing but I might be totally wrong on that. It's an odd one really. I love the conversion but others who have tried it don't like it at all. A little off topic here, but seriously try some 3D bluray movies - amazing, if you're into gimmicky tech type stuff like me :P

Back to PES again, thanks I'll give Daymos' file a try next week. Hopefully because I tried an earlier version, then it might have screwed with the load times. :)

So I'm gonna start a proper FL campagn but still don't know about the patch or not. With it removed, I've seen some truly horrible keeper errors, in fact I've seen the game fail to register with the keeper that play is going on around them, or if I go with the patch then you get instances like the one above in that video, with 11 men within 25 yards of their own goal.

Not sure either whether to go with Ajax to take them back to former glory, Marseille, or Malaga as the new upstarts. I tried the beginning of FL just to see what it was like, and noticed Ajax only have £3M in the bank. Are they broke or something?!

Last edited:
Can someone please tell me how to switch between the 4 pre-set tactics in the middle of a match on PS3? Thanks

select+o

so u can switch between the tactics

Cheers Mate, I take it goes through them in order?

One other question...I've read somewhere that when defending free-kicks, you can move your GK move along the goal line. How do I do this?....fed up with every free kick flying in the opposite top corner - maybe this well help.

One other question...I've read somewhere that when defending free-kicks, you can move your GK move along the goal line. How do I do this?....fed up with every free kick flying in the opposite top corner - maybe this well help.

Press L1 and R3 together - gives you control of the keeper. Move him to the centre of the goals. I find that if I don;t transfer control back to the CPU just before the free is taken, the goal will often be conceded.

Doesn't work online, where the improbable goals are ten-a-penny. :RANT:

Back
Top Bottom