PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Just say L1+O is cross wherever you are on the pitch, but make the bar manual as well. Like shooting, it should be affected by the pressure on the crosser (?!),the body position, direction held as well as stats.

Double tap is near post, single tap far, and triple tap drilled cross.

And have the L2+O manual longball/cross as an option as well.

If the 'first man' is close enough it should usually hit him, as it does in real life.

Yeah it's a difficult issue. I'd like to see individual attributes come into play when crosses but in all honesty any player can whip in a good ball or completely mess it up. If players are given acres of space in which to deliver a good cross then perhaps we should see attribute specifics come into play. I'm still of the opinion that crossing success should take into factors like speed, how tighly you're being pressured and positioning much much more. Outright sprinting when crossing should lead to more mistakes (i.e scuffing it or not being able to get height on it). Positioning of both the ball and player in relation to one another should have an effect i.e if you're not facing the box then your cross should be affected more. It might be a bit debatable to say it but crossing in real life ends up being pretty random if you're being pressured tightly by the opposition. Unless you make space for yourself then crosses shouldn't be as accurate as they are currently. It'd create a new essence to wing play i guess. I for one really would like to see more battling on the wing. A team like Man United focus a lot of play down the wings and it's never as easy to get a ball in as it seems to be in PES.

Evra's crosses should never beat the first man. That'd be realistic.

Have you seen Sagna's crossing or the world famous Gael Clichy and his special 'Cross to the invisible man'.

I 100 agree with everything you say there. I still like the corssing since there's still individuallity with it. i mean Christian Pander is definatley my best crosser in my hannover team (thats all he can fucking do and shot) but at times, you can out in good crosses when quite badly off balance. Must be toned down in a patch.

i'm contgent but it can be tweaked.

Yeah it's a difficult issue. I'd like to see individual attributes come into play when crosses but in all honesty any player can whip in a good ball or completely mess it up. If players are given acres of space in which to deliver a good cross then perhaps we should see attribute specifics come into play. I'm still of the opinion that crossing success should take into factors like speed, how tighly you're being pressured and positioning much much more. Outright sprinting when crossing should lead to more mistakes (i.e scuffing it or not being able to get height on it). Positioning of both the ball and player in relation to one another should have an effect i.e if you're not facing the box then your cross should be affected more. It might be a bit debatable to say it but crossing in real life ends up being pretty random if you're being pressured tightly by the opposition. Unless you make space for yourself then crosses shouldn't be as accurate as they are currently. It'd create a new essence to wing play i guess. I for one really would like to see more battling on the wing. A team like Man United focus a lot of play down the wings and it's never as easy to get a ball in as it seems to be in PES.

Evra's crosses should never beat the first man. That'd be realistic.

Have you seen Sagna's crossing or the world famous Gael Clichy and his special 'Cross to the invisible man'.

I 100 agree with everything you say there. I still like the corssing since there's still individuallity with it. i mean Christian Pander is definatley my best crosser in my hannover team (thats all he can fucking do and shot) but at times, you can out in good crosses when quite badly off balance. Must be toned down in a patch.

i'm content but it can be tweaked.

You sir are the most brainwashed person I have ever met. And your placebo prescriptions don't work anymore. Keep your ridiculous comments for yourself.

Don't let comments like this disturb you jimmy. Judged by this post he could be your son and my grandsun (thank god he isn't).

I think it's quite charming you can enjoy PES that much.
He talks about brainwashing and he behaves like Kim Ill Sung...

That's not all he can do

YouTube - Christian Pander - "Meine Story"

PES series have been lagging behind FIFA series in the past few years and the gap seemed to be getting further and further until last year when I had a feeling Konami had begun to finally close the gap with PES 2011 for the first time. This year has been a massive disappointment for me as a football fan because all hope I had for PES 2012, which was simply improving on the good base 2011 had put for the series, were shattered.
Animations are absolutely abysmal. I have no idea what happened to Konami when the next generation consoles came out, or even after PES 2010 where a large set of newly motion captured animations were scrapped but I can point out that PES 2012’s animations, dare I say, are worse than old generation PES games. I was watching a few PES 5 matches on YouTube and I was amazed by the quality of animations back in the day and wonder why the current animations are worse than the ones released 5 years ago! There is almost no variety in animations. Part of football is all about watching your opponents’ movements and reacting according to them, however animations in PES 2012 don’t make any sense at all. Passing, shooting, crossing, goalkeeper and movement animations are not only limited, dated and unnatural at times, they just look wrong in a sense that, for example, ball trajectory does not follow the shooting or passing animation at all. I don’t expect anything like FIFA’s new fancy collision system (which is shit by the way), but something worthy of a current gen console. Is that too much to ask after so many years?!
What Konami have done this year is removing almost every good aspect of PES 2011. While FIFA has always been the pretty game, PES is now, the senses of weight, momentum and player individuality are gone.
Player individuality has come to its worst state in the series. One of the reasons I generally have preferred PES series to FIFA has been the uniqueness of players, capturing the sense of every stat in a more simulation-based experience. Ladies and gentlemen, that is history in PES 2012. Let me start by stating that shooting was one of PES 2011’s low points for me, the whole ‘body shape’ thing was lacklustre and wasn’t believable at times. Instead of toning this down to a system that made sense, Konami decided to make sure you can shoot a rocket to the top corner with Mertesacker’s weaker foot from behind the box while he is being jostled/pressured by a couple of opponents (yes, this happens on a regular basis). Also the German national can dribble past players at times, something he would never attempt in real life. And pretty much every body can play precise long balls with their weaker foot. Don’t get me wrong, I was never a big fan of elephant touches of players in PES, as some stats like ball control have been over-exaggerated in the past as well as response which has always been a bit of an issue in PES (PES 2010 anyone?), but this is rather ridiculous. My dad was watching me play Spurs the other day and he hit bull’s eye when he asked me whether that was Messi playing for Spurs with all the mazy runs and precise dribbling skills and a classic well-placed shot far away from goalkeeper’s reach. Unfortunately it was a player not known for any of those qualities: Benoît Assou-Ekotto!
Ball physics are bizarre. Time was you could rely on PES to have a whacking, hefty physics model where the ball would be loaded with lead and tackles were accompanied by a gorgeous 'wumph'. Bizarrely, distressingly, that sense of weight has gone. The ball floats listlessly through the air with unnatural trajectory, and the physics are strangely inconsistent. The ball just behaves weirdly at times, wobbling off at an unlikely trajectory or magically picking up speed and whooshing across the turf like a greased pinball. All down to the scripted nature of current-gen PES series in my opinion.
Momentum (and hence inertia) were another of PES series’ qualities which made it closer to the real thing. Being able to run like on skates like you do in FIFA was prevented due to applying these basics of physics mechanics. To add insult to injury, that sense of inertia is gone too. Players feel weightless, can turn easy. I play AI and it’s all run, stop, run stop. It looks wrong; it plays bad and all in all not only captures the essence of football, it leaves you confused and frustrated at times.
Collision Detection and Player Awareness are still poor despite being improved since last year. There are still plenty of perfect challenges that can get booked. Referees are still unsatisfactory.
Switching system and goalkeepers are still in dire need. Passing goes to wrong players when you have two players on the same path.
Ping-pong passing, shooting, crossing is still there. These were one of my main gripes about PES’s recent releases which strangely have not been identified, or ignored by the community.
While EA have been slowly toning down the whole ping-pong thing year after year, Konami seem to be happy to keep it. This too removes a chunk of realism from this lifeless title.
Despite various efforts by Konami since the first beta, goalkeepers are still in a terribly unsatisfactory state. Awful response to shots, the animations, the awareness. It just adds to the terrible experience PES 2012 is.
Add all this to the fact that the game’s speed which is too fast. It feels arcady, like an ugly, half-arsed and bug-plagued version of an old FIFA title.
All in all, PES 2012 is an arcade videogame, and a very bad one. For me, this has got to be one of the worst PES titles to date in terms of both playability and realism and I would have been ashamed to have it released had I been the executive producer. And anyone calling PES a simulation should seek help from a psychiatrist urgently.

i agree with every part i bolded but your last sentence is completely wrong. It's rude to call someone mad because he believes Pes is a simulation. It's a game after all.

Anyway, those problems could be easily fixed if Konami changes his mentality to appeal everyone. I agree with you that Pes 2011 showed more promise that Konami choose the simulation route, but with Pes 2012 we are back to arcade as in pes 2008, 2009, 2010
If they want their fans to stay with them they MUST create a true hardcore simulation Pes.

No arcade passing assistance
realistic stamina system (a player cannot run an entire match without this having clear effect.)
no assisted shooting, more towards manual shooting influenced by stats
pes 2011 game pace at default, just one speed, 0 speed as it was in pes 2011
no assisted crossing, same as shooting
completely reworked animations

edit: i suggest you to put this whole post on wenb forum, of course without the last sentence. They need a reality check.

Last edited:
No arcade passing assistance
realistic stamina system (a player cannot run an entire match without this having clear effect.)

I cannot believe someone has just criticised the stamina in PES 2012. I'm sorry have you ever played this game, because if you have you would see it's great, truly great in this game. Fuck if they had added a few knackered animations and some more injuries layers pick up when tired it would be near the realms of perfection.

Also shut up with the no assisted passing. Some people DO NOT WANT a simulation, in fact most people love arcadey football, let them have their game. How selfish of you!

pes 2011 game pace at default, just one speed, 0 speed as it was in pes 2011

Your not thinking at all are you? if -2 say is a game pace suited for the most realism as the slowest pace, why make a slow setting? Who the hell wants to play a slow game for the sake of it being slow, not even for realism purposes, just slow for the sake of being slow. The slowest setting should be the most realistic one because nobody in their right mind would play a game slow for the sake of it being slow.

let 0 and online ranked be casual orientated. The sad fact is these days video games are big business and casual purchase the game much more than we do. The game online is designed from feedback by those sad over competitive gamers who have nothing better to do but boost their egos winning competitiveness on a video game. there's a lot of these people. More than us the hardcore. You have to keep perspective on who buys the game.

I cannot believe someone has just criticised the stamina in PES 2012. I'm sorry have you ever played this game, because if you have you would see it's great, truly great in this game. Fuck if they had added a few knackered animations and some more injuries layers pick up when tired it would be near the realms of perfection.

Also shut up with the no assisted passing. Some people DO NOT WANT a simulation, in fact most people love arcadey football, let them have their game. How selfish of you!

Your not thinking at all are you? if -2 say is a game pace suited for the most realism as the slowest pace, why make a slow setting? Who the hell wants to play a slow game for the sake of it being slow, not even for realism purposes, just slow for the sake of being slow. The slowest setting should be the most realistic one because nobody in their right mind would play a game slow for the sake of it being slow.

let 0 and online ranked be casual orientated. The sad fact is these days video games are big business and casual purchase the game much more than we do. The game online is designed from feedback by those sad over competitive gamers who have nothing better to do but boost their egos winning competitiveness on a video game. there's a lot of these people. More than us the hardcore. You have to keep perspective on who buys the game.

about the stamina system:i played the game a lot and i noticed there is a difference, but it's still not enough

if someone wants to play arcadey football let them play Fifa
Pes tried to be Fifa with these several passing and game speed settings but they simply failed. So, it's better to focus on simulation

about game speed i'm just asking to have one only speed, the 0 speed as in Pes 2011.As i already said the game speed setting is just Pes trying to appeal to Fifa players

i think simulation is Pes last hope, otherwise it will quickly forgotten. People now want games that feel rewarding like Demon Souls, Dark Souls
this is why more and more people like to play Fifa full manual.

You say i am selfish, ok
let's make a poll, question: "Do you prefer Pes to go arcade or simulation?"
What do you think people will choose?

Last edited:
I also have difficulties with the through balls. Maybe they were a litle bit too easy in PES2011, but now i have difficulties adapting.
In PES2011 i played a lot with Villareal and i found out that i could play beautifull football with that team. My son and i played 1v1, he with Barcelonana and i with Villareal. The lofted through balls were a fantastic weapon in PES2011...
I clearly haven't mastered the game yet...sometimes i have a good game (beat Everton yesterday with Liverpool for example, Caroll is too good in this game), but then there are games where i can't seem to find a way to even create chances (me playing with Maritimo against Nacional, they thrashed me...and this in a derby).
You can always make your players go on assisted runs, then make lofted through balls or ones on the ground.
I know it's cheating a little bit, but you will only have very few opportunities per game to do this and it's not that easy.
As always, power and timing are key, but when they come off they look every bit as good as in 2011 and can be absolutely devastating to the opposition.
If anything, there is more satisfaction because you know it is mostly all your own work.

Last edited:
Thanks guys. I currently have it on default i bellieve, which means movement is controlled by both the analog and the dpad (on Xbox).

Where do i set my controller so that the dpad becomes my tactics setting?
You change it in the Personal Data Settings menu.
Go to Button Configuration, select Player Movement then choose L, for left analog stick. Your D pad will now control the in game tactical settings.

I'm not happy with the crossing on this game myself, overall it's too accurate for me and the CPU, what do you suggest Konami do to improve this?

They just need to roll it back to the way it was in PES2011. It was perfect. Lots of options for 'types' of cross, difficult to master but rewarding as anything. You could combine height, strength, aim for near or far posts, pull the cross back etc.

In fact I had a joyous time in PES2011 ML with crossing. I invested in good crossers to play wide, and their supply to Schwarz in the middle was a joy. He scored a ton from crosses and they were all varied and well worked goals. So far in PES2012 I'm struggling to find any variety of cross, every one feels whipped in at pace. When I score from them I'm not feeling much satisfaction because it feels too automated.

So to avoid being moved to the complaints thread with this, does anyone have any tips to make this more of a positive experience?

I highly disagree there. PES 2011 crossing is pretty much the same as 2012. It's too much the same. Crosses are just a bit too accurate! You see them rarely underhit and overhit.

Northzzz noted this too back in 2011. When i use shitty teams i look to cross a a lot, i love crossing on this game and like to mix up my deliveries, but despite it improving in ball physics, in general I didn't see enough over hit and just plain crap deliveries from the CPu and from me.

about the stamina system:i played the game a lot and i noticed there is a difference, but it's still not enough

if someone wants to play arcadey football let them play Fifa
Pes tried to be Fifa with these several passing and game speed settings but they simply failed. So, it's better to focus on simulation

about game speed i'm just asking to have one only speed, the 0 speed as in Pes 2011.As i already said the game speed setting is just Pes trying to appeal to Fifa players

i think simulation is Pes last hope, otherwise it will quickly forgotten. People now want games that feel rewarding like Demon Souls, Dark Souls
this is why more and more people like to play Fifa full manual.

You say i am selfish, ok
let's make a poll, question: "Do you prefer Pes to go arcade or simulation?"

What do you think people will choose?

You should know all simulation gamers automatically visit forums because of their keen nature to get the bets out of the game. So the majority on 'forums' like this look for realism, I don't mean everyone as well just you visit a forum if your keen. So forums not tell the whole story don't they?

Outside in the place called the real world however. how many people do you know in real life who play video games want extreme simulation like we do. All my mates I know play on fun arcadey settings, they will give realism a try but only if you show them and sit down with them, after however they will go right back to the arcadey settings, because it's just a video game. Many people want to simply boot up and play, with minimum fuss and win and care not if you can score from 50 yards, it's a video game not real life they come to escape and look for fun only.

If PES sells a million copies of PES 2011 on PS3 across the globe, the arcade casual who purchase the product, even with pes, they will outnumber us the sim heads the 100,000 or so to the other 900,000.

Not everyone games enthusiast visits forums.

You should know all simulation gamers automatically visit forums because of their keen nature to get the bets out of the game. So the majority on 'forums' like this look for realism, I don't mean everyone as well just you visit a forum if your keen. So forums not tell the whole story don't they?

Outside in the place called the real world however. how many people do you know in real life who play video games want extreme simulation like we do. All my mates I know play on fun arcadey settings, they will give realism a try but only if you show them and sit down with them, after however they will go right back to the arcadey settings, because it's just a video game. Many people want to simply boot up and play, with minimum fuss and win and care not if you can score from 50 yards, it's a video game not real life they come to escape and look for fun only.

If PES sells a million copies of PES 2011 on PS3 across the globe, the arcade casual who purchase the product, even with pes, they will outnumber us the sim heads the 100,000 or so to the other 900,000.

Not everyone games enthusiast visits forums.

so what is your idea about improving pes series in a noticeable way?

I highly disagree there. PES 2011 crossing is pretty much the same as 2012. It's too much the same. Crosses are just a bit too accurate! You see them rarely underhit and overhit.

Northzzz noted this too back in 2011. When i use shitty teams i look to cross a a lot, i love crossing on this game and like to mix up my deliveries, but despite it improving in ball physics, in general I didn't see enough over hit and just plain crap deliveries from the CPu and from me.

I highly and respectfullly disagree. PES12 crossing is much better than PES11. You just haven't mastered it yet. I can send some deadly crosses into any part of the box and usually, usually, score on manually controlled headers of all types. It's beautiful, this game I tell ya!

Keep practicing.
;-)

I highly and respectfullly disagree. PES12 crossing is much better than PES11. You just haven't mastered it yet. I can send some deadly crosses into any part of the box and usually, usually, score on manually controlled headers of all types. It's beautiful, this game I tell ya!

Keep practicing.
;-)

Manually controlled headers? Is that using the pass button?

Same as every football game, just make sure next time you use the correct power or make a better choice of pass.

Also helps if you critisise the game once youvmaster it so you get the best picture what is wrong.

So using max power for a pass still resulting in an under hit pass is your idea of using correct power? How are all you masters of the game passing more than max power so its not under-hit?

I am trying to get the best out of the game, but this is the sort of response that people give.

so what is your idea about improving pes series in a noticeable way?

This core gameplay stuff:
http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showpost.php?p=2367027&postcount=235

Plus an overhaul in the interface and presentation. better move vibrant stadium atmosphere.

More side issues with fights between players and coaches, drama on the bench. Questionable gestures, strange instances (streakers, pitch invaders). More animations with injuries. Changeable net styles.

If I didn't say it before overhaul of keeper animations!

It's the best football game but it has plenty of room for improvement.

the animations are not a problem. They aren't perfect but more than acceptable and good. Wake up and understand FIFA's are so sexy and top quality in their tech it makes ANY other game look dry and clunky. Even NBA 2k the best sports game ever looks clunky compared to FIFA aesthetically.

Keep practicing.
;-)

You got any tips mate? I mastered them in PES 2011 thanks to Rob but I can't seem to deliver any dangerous ones at the moment. So far my best bet is to hit it early and chest it down rather than go for a direct header.

So using max power for a pass still resulting in an under hit pass is your idea of using correct power? How are all you masters of the game passing more than max power so its not under-hit?

If you fully power your pass it should go a good 60, 70 yards.

If your under hitting passes many try to pass on full power where you have space and with time to do so rather than spamming with all the time when under pressure..

Maybe try to use your passing options better rather going for the Hollywood ball all the time.

There is not design flaw will passing, your your struggling you need to change the way your hitting passes, if your under hitting them your simply not judging them correctly. Put it on a lower difficulty and practice a bit more.

I am trying to get the best out of the game, but this is the sort of response that people give.

Yes, because your previous posts where you simple looking for flaws and errors in the game and moaning about it. Your playing with the attitude I had FIFA 11. You come here and all you have done is moaned that the game is flawed, you haven't made even a balanced post saying you play PES because you like this or that. It seems you play simply to expect the game to play out like the PS2 pes games with but with HD graphics and judge the game purely on that rather than embrace the new changes.

You can't play PES now like you did on the PS2, new game, new rules now, new philosophy! it's no longer, sprint and 1-2 pass until you get 45 degrees and shoot any more.

Keep practicing.
;-)

:LOL: WTF, i said i don't like the crossing because it's too easy and accurate for me and the CPU, not that I'm struggling :)

I still love it however.

Last edited:
You got any tips mate? I mastered them in PES 2011 thanks to Rob but I can't seem to deliver any dangerous ones at the moment. So far my best bet is to hit it early and chest it down rather than go for a direct header.

What I do is simply press the cross button "B" and push or sway the LS towards the direction I want the ball to take while in midair. You should see the trajectory of the ball change. I then immediately, select my player, and press and Hold LT as I'm moving my player forward to the heading spot with the Left Stick or (LS).

Keep in mind, your are pressing and holding LT the entire time you are moving your player to the heading spot without letting go. Press and hold it all the way through the header.

And yes, All this has to be done within seconds of each other to work.

And if you want to add more dynamic to it, while holding LT and moving your player forward, immediately release LT and start tapping the Sprint Button (RB)for a powerful header.

Always works when mastered. It just takes lots of practice.

Good luck!

Should Konami be worried? Here are the top 7 (out of 20) in the Japanese sales chart:

# Macross F Sayonara no Tsubasa (Namco Bandai, PS3): 142,607 - NEW
# Naruto Narutimate Impact (Namco Bandai, PSP): 53,148 - NEW
# Go Vacation (Namco Bandai, Wii): 47,209 - NEW
# Just Dance (Nintendo, Wii): 45,580 (Life to date: 135,619)
# Dead Island (Spike, PS3): 39,945 - NEW
# FIFA 12 (Electronic Arts, PS3): 25,640 - NEW
# PES 2012 (Konami, PS3): 22,902 (356,724)

from: http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-10-26-japan-chart-dead-island-fifa-score-top-10-debuts

Last edited:
You sir are the most brainwashed person I have ever met. And your placebo prescriptions don't work anymore. Keep your ridiculous comments for yourself.

bell-inn-bell-end-sign.jpg

If you fully power your pass it should go a good 60, 70 yards.

If your under hitting passes many try to pass on full power where you have space and with time to do so rather than spamming with all the time when under pressure..

Maybe try to use your passing options better rather going for the Hollywood ball all the time.

There is not design flaw will passing, your your struggling you need to change the way your hitting passes, if your under hitting them your simply not judging them correctly. Put it on a lower difficulty and practice a bit more.

Yes, because your previous posts where you simple looking for flaws and errors in the game and moaning about it. Your playing with the attitude I had FIFA 11. You come here and all you have done is moaned that the game is flawed, you haven't made even a balanced post saying you play PES because you like this or that. It seems you play simply to expect the game to play out like the PS2 pes games with but with HD graphics and judge the game purely on that rather than embrace the new changes.

You can't play PES now like you did on the PS2, new game, new rules now, new philosophy! it's no longer, sprint and 1-2 pass until you get 45 degrees and shoot any more.

:LOL: WTF, i said i don't like the crossing because it's too easy and accurate for me and the CPU, not that I'm struggling :)

I still love it however.

All you do is you assume people are playing it wrong, so this discussion isn't going to go anywhere. Whatever. Only the ones who enjoy the game are masters and everyone else are trying to play fantasy style football. Just because you didn't read the praise I had for parts of demo2 means all I've said is complaints. No one else is a fan of the game except you. I give up.

Last edited:
What I do is simply press the cross button "B" and push or sway the LS towards the direction I want the ball to take while in midair. You should see the trajectory of the ball change. I then immediately, select my player, and press and Hold LT as I'm moving my player forward to the heading spot with the Left Stick or (LS).

Keep in mind, your are pressing and holding LT the entire time you are moving your player to the heading spot without letting go. Press and hold it all the way through the header.

And if you want to add more dynamic to it, while holding LT and moving your player forward, immediately release LT and start tapping the Sprint Button (RB)for a powerful header.

Good luck!

Those are some good tips there, thanks mate :) I'll give those a try too because my crossing is abysmal so far.

Those are some good tips there, thanks mate :) I'll give those a try too because my crossing is abysmal so far.

Sure thing mate. The interesting thing about PES games is that they are filled with so many little areas within it's core gameplay that when discovered, certainly need mastering with lots of practice. There's also the super-cancel(RB+RT)which some vids have shown and how successfully utilize to improve the game mechanics on the pitch. These and other little golden nuggets within the game's mechanics usually get overlooked and no real time is given to master them.

I've spent hours digging, discovering, and perfecting certain things like the ones mentioned above and it makes the game come alive before your eyes and much more enjoyable.

Another tip is that as soon as you pass the ball, press and release LT right before the player receives the ball. This will make your player receiving the ball much more responsive on turns, dribbles, sprinting, passing, Long balls, Lob balls, and even shooting. It's like a mini super-cancel if you will.

If I discover any more things. I'll be sure to keep you guys posted.

Good luck!

When do you time the header?

I don't know if I'm doing it too early or late, but I'm finding my strikers are refusing to jump and contest the header, and instead just waiting on the off chance the defender misjudges it.

Back
Top Bottom