PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

As much as i want to keep this game, i just don't see me having much time with it as with Batman: AC getting my full attention then battlefield then saints row and cod, i just don't see me really playing it too much as the other fact i play pre patch and with xbox comes stutter bug and it really is off putting and effects games for me so i think this year i'm gonna trade pes in for battlefield

As much as i want to keep this game, i just don't see me having much time with it as with Batman: AC getting my full attention then battlefield then saints row and cod, i just don't see me really playing it too much as the other fact i play pre patch and with xbox comes stutter bug and it really is off putting and effects games for me so i think this year i'm gonna trade pes in for battlefield

Yes, but if you use controller #2 and log in to xbox live using that controller to play the game, the bug is gone and the game can be enjoyed stop run bug free.

I was messing about with the L1 lobs and notice you can do some nice R2 type shots with it. As in hold L1 then press shoot. Boateng almost curled an Ashley Young style shot into the top corner for me. Delicious - simply delicious.

I was messing about with the L1 lobs and notice you can do some nice R2 type shots with it. As in hold L1 then press shoot. Boateng almost curled an Ashley Young style shot into the top corner for me. Delicious - simply delicious.

Yeah? I'm struggling with the shooting at the minute. It seems too floaty and i am finding that most shots have far too much elevation on them. I mean even from 5 yards from a standing start the ball seems to rise to the height of the crossbar far too often. I liked the shooting in Demo 2 - alright it was a bit too precise at times but at least the ball felt like it had a bit of weight to it. Of course...i could just be sh*t.

Yes, but if you use controller #2 and log in to xbox live using that controller to play the game, the bug is gone and the game can be enjoyed stop run bug free.

I didn't think v1.00 (pre-patch) had the stutter/run bug. At least i don't think i've noticed it. Signing in with controller 2 works well though, if you get the stutter.

Quick questions: Will removing the patch ruin my BAL game? Or can I still continue the career?

What about my installed option file? Will that still work?

(playing on Xbox 360)

Can still play in my masterleague after removing patch and imagine your option file will be fine

I didn't think v1.00 (pre-patch) had the stutter/run bug.
You can try it out. Just remove the patch on the 360 by clearing the cache and do the dribble challenge in the training menu. I am not at my Xbox at the moment but if the v1.00 is the same as the demo, you certainly will have the stutter/sprint bug.

How can I delete an OF?
Do I have to delete every bit manually??

I would also like to know the answer to this.

I have an option file for PES11 thats got 500 plus files in it do I have to delete them all individualy or is there a quicker way?

I notice that I can group all the files into one folder but I cannot then delete this folder.

this is on the PS3

any ideas? cheers

Curdstar those keeper improvements work a treat!

Just had 3 or 4 games and had zero instances of major fuck-uppery.

PES 2012 version 1.00 best football game ever made....

At first I thought it was placebo, but after countless 15 minute matches, -2 speed 0 pass assist against the AI on superstar the game is even better than I originally thought although like any pes it can be infuriating.

- Passing has more zip
- Same goes for shooting, more precise
- Matches have more variation, AI doesn't sit deep all the time
- Less god like passing from the AI, they misplace more passes thus making the game more realistic
- More midfield play and space in midfield, less pressure when jogging.
- Less super dribbling from players with low dribbling stats, standing tackle is more effective.

I have to say its pretty sly of konami to change so many subtleties in the game and not say anything, the game is definitely better without the patch especially against the AI, much more realistic and team individuality more noticeable. The differences are subtle but they are there.

I've also played with and without the patch and honestly, it seems that Konami just shuffled a few difficulty settings rather than making any fundamental game changes. To me, standard on 1.01 feels very similar to professional on 1.00. Perhaps they should introduce a slider system for various aspects of AI difficulty and be done with it.

Also, the keepers in 1.01 are still atrocious. They really need to be tweaked.

That said, I'm normally a totally online player, but since it's so awful this year that I've been playing the CPU more (1.01) and thoroughly enjoying it, having by now come to terms with most of the annoyances.

I really hope they pay more attention to the online and provide a meaningful fix for the keepers.

Edit: I must qualify that the above comparison relates to the PS3 version. The PC version 1.01 also has the online issues and crap goalies.

Last edited:
Curdstar those keeper improvements work a treat!

Just had 3 or 4 games and had zero instances of major fuck-uppery.

Ah! Good to hear!

How did you go about your edits if you don't mind me asking?

Also, did you increase defensive awareness to 3? I swear this has a positive impact with regards to commanding their area and all round positioning.

Ah! Good to hear!

How did you go about your edits if you don't mind me asking?

Also, did you increase defensive awareness to 3? I swear this has a positive impact with regards to commanding their area and all round positioning.

Just boosted near enough all of the ones you suggested to high 80s/90s. Balance, Response, Keeping Skills, Tenacity, Def Awareness, Explosive Power, Form.....

Got a sneaky suspicion responsiveness may be the key, as they seem to just react much faster to situations rather than fluff about as a striker nips in.

So yeah, cheers for that.

Of course this obviously sacrifices keeper individuality, but thats never something I've been fussed with anyway in all honesty. I remember I didn't even bother to upgrade my goalie in MLO, until Jimmy whispered the name Paston into my ear...

Ah, nice to see it's done good for you sir. I'm really enjoying the game now.

Yeah it's definitely a grower. I've got the hang of shooting now more or less, you can really hit some properly driven shots once it clicks. Head down, over the ball, hit with the laces type.

I've moved about 50+ unhappy/complaining posts to the other thread.

Please don't forget it exists people.

Forgive my ignorance, why are posts about unhappiness with the game moved? Shouldn't all opinions be encouraged in this thread as long as they are respectful.

As someone who feels Konami should have done much more (I loved PES 2011 it had faults of course, but so does PES 2012, new ones when the game was so close to being exactly what I wanted.) this year, I wish discontent for the game was not moved from the main discussion thread.

Youve moved alot of posts that arent complaining lami,and bloody good ones!!!!

Including mine and there positive posts....not good and lazy

Im so unhappy about it im not coming back,if it wasnt for me youd all be playing post patch pes2012 and the moaning would be worse.

Last edited:

Lami, you know I like and respect you massively but I really don't think most of these posts you've moved deserve to be in the 'unhappy' thread.

The PES 2012 discussion thread is very much the place to discuss the current state of PES, good or bad. There was an interesting and intelligent discussion going on here about PES sales, especially how the game is viewed in Japan which I was going to reply to, only to find it's been moved.

Even WENB allow this kind of chat in the general discussion thread, and we don't want to be accused of being like them.

Just my opinion of course.

Yeah, this happened last time. I'm fine with separate positive & negative topics if that's the overall plan, but on two occasions now I've seen positive & neutral posts moved to the unhappy spot.

Just boosted near enough all of the ones you suggested to high 80s/90s. Balance, Response, Keeping Skills, Tenacity, Def Awareness, Explosive Power, Form.....

Got a sneaky suspicion responsiveness may be the key, as they seem to just react much faster to situations rather than fluff about as a striker nips in.

So yeah, cheers for that.

Of course this obviously sacrifices keeper individuality, but thats never something I've been fussed with anyway in all honesty. I remember I didn't even bother to upgrade my goalie in MLO, until Jimmy whispered the name Paston into my ear...

Yeah it's definitely a grower. I've got the hang of shooting now more or less, you can really hit some properly driven shots once it clicks. Head down, over the ball, hit with the laces type.
Hi, this sounds very interesting ,if possible could you
let me know , the 7 stats for the keeper you have mentioned are they the only one's you have changed please ?.

If so , would you say it's probably worth doing the majority of teams goalies. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom