PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

I'll tell you what's stupid - the fact that for penalties online, you can see your opponent's power bar. Which of course is actually a height bar for penalties. So every time, you know whether he's going to hit it high or low before he's even started his run-up. Ridiculous.

i've been playing some games on 1.0 PC and the pressure actually seems higher to me compared to 1.1, which is contrary to the reports i've seen. it is relentless at times and definitely more than demo 2. (edit: although that is comparing to 1.1 jenkey so he may have made some changes in the pressure department)

Last edited:
Am I alone in thinking there should be a pass technique stat? I dont think the game represents a wide enough range of passing ability with just the accuracy stats. The shooting technique stat was brilliant at seperating strikers, lots of variation there not so much in passing. Also it would put an end to some of the arcade like passing that appears online.

i'm really enjoying this game, i love fifa 12 aswell but haven't touched it now since last sunday..i'm using chimps/goalgerds option file and it's great, almost like playing a patched version of pro

You got the Hammers in an ML Dan ?

I love playing at Upton Park, love the chants."I'm forever blowing bubbles..." always puts a smile on the old boat-race. :)

i'm really enjoying this game, i love fifa 12 aswell but haven't touched it now since last sunday..i'm using chimps/goalgerds option file and it's great, almost like playing a patched version of pro

so is the game worht getting or what. Im really enjoying fifa 12 now I have edited the sliders. I didnt like PEs 2010. I thought PEs 2011 was ok but preferred fifa 11.

And I keep hearing how crap PEs is. THen I hear how good it is?

Wtf.

Is it similar in style to old PS2 pes but advanced or like a new game altogether?

Off course, I have PC so can mod also.

Also, what online modes are playable and fun? FIFA 12 has ultiamte team and Head 2 head plus play freinds.

so is the game worht getting or what. Im really enjoying fifa 12 now I have edited the sliders. I didnt like PEs 2010. I thought PEs 2011 was ok but preferred fifa 11.

And I keep hearing how crap PEs is. THen I hear how good it is?

Wtf.

Is it similar in style to old PS2 pes but advanced or like a new game altogether?

Off course, I have PC so can mod also.

Also, what online modes are playable and fun? FIFA 12 has ultiamte team and Head 2 head plus play freinds.

PES 2012 is amazing without the patch offline and with friends, Install the patch and the game becomes a bit of a mess and online aint great.

I'd say it's more similar to the PS2 games than any on nxt-gen to date.

PES 2012 is amazing without the patch offline and with friends, Install the patch and the game becomes a bit of a mess and online aint great.

so when people were complaing thats cause they played after installing patch?

after they uninstalled patch they liked game?

Konami will release a new and better patch?

PS3 version same as PC gameplay wise?

These created stadiums from Goalgerd are a work of fine art. That and *whispers* the game arguably is even smoother and colourful;fully loaded option file and all.

I am talking near (but not quite obviously) PC levels. The simpler lighting model and deeper greens help obviously. Also, good to see it isn't afraid to use the tattie field turf variant if the style of the stadium suits it. Adds character.

in all honesty his option file overall is tremendous. Cracking effort in such a short time frame. Kudos mate.

Really without patch is much better! (i'm playing on PC). For me the most noticeables difference are:

-Teammate Control really exist, the cpu players of your team search empty spaces to move and run for it (on 1.01 they don't do that anymore, they are very silly) On 1.00, the match feeling is more alive.

-And i don´t know if just is me, but -2 speed on 1.00 is a little more fast than 1.01. I think is perfect, is not "man on the moon" feeling

The only thing i miss from 1.01 are the keepers.

+1 With the PS2 feel. So nice.

Last edited:
Yea. I'm using -2 on pre-patch as well. Tried -1 but felt it was a bit quick and animations weren't smooth. On -2 they look perfect.

Ok well I've kinda skimmed over over the last few pages as all I hear is the same complaining I heard the other day. All those comments plus the fact I had only played a few games of MLO and a couple offline had me bitter towards the game.

I tried some offline games (champion's league & exhibition games with various clubs and international teams). I did not remove the patch. I use 2 bar passing assistance and zero game speed on the regular difficulty setting.

The game is fantastic. Individuality of teams and players is there. In a couple of games the AI attacked me from kick off and I was under the pump! Have seen nothing but proper build ups from the AI and I'm not finding they camp out near the penalty box anymore than looks normal. Player runs and movement in the forward third is lovely.

I have been trying to play the game like football. Passing it around and playing the natural option, rather than forcing the issue. And the keepers have been great. So if you guys really want a balanced game, with good keepers, good AI, try the patched version with regular game setting. It's been friggin fantasic.

I've also been getting used to the changes of speed and direction you can use to beat players and it's awesome. R2 tap for the dribbling still works beautifully to beat a player or draw a foul. Knock ons and speed bursts need to be used at the right spot or else you lose the ball. And I'm finding players are still riding challenges sometimes without going to ground :)

Basically, with these settings I'm finding this game amazing. Sad to hear so many people need to remove the patch to get enjoyment. But then again, if people are too proud to try "regular" that's up to them :P

Ok well I've kinda skimmed over over the last few pages as all I hear is the same complaining I heard the other day. All those comments plus the fact I had only played a few games of MLO and a couple offline had me bitter towards the game.

I tried some offline games (champion's league & exhibition games with various clubs and international teams). I did not remove the patch. I use 2 bar passing assistance and zero game speed on the regular difficulty setting.

The game is fantastic. Individuality of teams and players is there. In a couple of games the AI attacked me from kick off and I was under the pump! Have seen nothing but proper build ups from the AI and I'm not finding they camp out near the penalty box anymore than looks normal. Player runs and movement in the forward third is lovely.

I have been trying to play the game like football. Passing it around and playing the natural option, rather than forcing the issue. And the keepers have been great. So if you guys really want a balanced game, with good keepers, good AI, try the patched version with regular game setting. It's been friggin fantasic.

I've also been getting used to the changes of speed and direction you can use to beat players and it's awesome. R2 tap for the dribbling still works beautifully to beat a player or draw a foul. Knock ons and speed bursts need to be used at the right spot or else you lose the ball. And I'm finding players are still riding challenges sometimes without going to ground :)

Basically, with these settings I'm finding this game amazing. Sad to hear so many people need to remove the patch to get enjoyment. But then again, if people are too proud to try "regular" that's up to them :P

It' horses for courses mate. On anything other than Top Player or Superstar on post patch I can win easily. I have a particular gift for beating Man Utd 3-0, 4-0 on a level like professional. This is all post patch.

Pre patch, again I think for Top Player because it's more balanced. The game for me is just much better.

So, why would anybody want to opt for regular game mode post match when they can already win at professional, and easily.

The argument really isn't about game toughness either, just game experience. I've written lots on this so won't bore myself or others with all I've written again, if you're happy with post patch stick to that, a lot of people weren't as it took out the best aspects of what PES incorporated and made the games monotonous. So each to their own.

Regular was stupid IMO you could just dribble past the entire team. Was finding the masterleague really frustrating with defaults, removed the patch and it's much better in alot of areas. Post patch I was screaming at my players to make space but they were just standing around like lemons. Really don't know what konami were thinking hope they can sort it out with next patch

Really without patch is much better! (i'm playing on PC). For me the most noticeables difference are:

-Teammate Control really exist, the cpu players of your team search empty spaces to move and run for it (on 1.01 they don't do that anymore, they are very silly) On 1.00, the match feeling is more alive.

-And i don´t know if just is me, but -2 speed on 1.00 is a little more fast than 1.01. I think is perfect, is not "man on the moon" feeling

The only thing i miss from 1.01 are the keepers.

+1 With the PS2 feel. So nice.

Yeah 100% agree with these coments

That's right, it's all about opinions and what people find the best gameplay experience for themselves. But as I said - the problems that people found weren't there when I played on regular - and this was the same for me on demo 2.

And you're right, it's not about game toughness. But I still think it depends on how people want to play the game. If you try and dribble around everyone or try to "win", I'm sure a lot of people can do that on even some of the tougher difficulties. But if you play football as it's played in real life, I don't think you can deny it's a rewarding game.

The lag / stutter / judder whatever you prefer to call it is a disgrace in this game when playing offline! I play the game on mid range camera and it is shocking. Does anyone else experience this or does anyone hav any idea how to fix this??

Cheers

I have downloaded goalgerds option file for the PS3, but at the moment windows cannot open the file. Do i need to open it before i transfer it to a USB stick and then on to the playstation? Sorry for all the questions. I am not very computer literate.

That's right, it's all about opinions and what people find the best gameplay experience for themselves. But as I said - the problems that people found weren't there when I played on regular - and this was the same for me on demo 2.

And you're right, it's not about game toughness. But I still think it depends on how people want to play the game. If you try and dribble around everyone or try to "win", I'm sure a lot of people can do that on even some of the tougher difficulties. But if you play football as it's played in real life, I don't think you can deny it's a rewarding game.

You owe it to yourself then to try it without the patch and on Pro or Top Player then. The keepers on Top Player are no problem at all and the game AI plays far more intelligently than after the patch. It plays more realistic, patient football because it doesnt cram every player deep in their own half, and doesn't limit itself with the lack of passing options that it does on the patched version.

You really should try it bud, you get the same feeling as on regular 1.01 but with a more realistic footballing challenge. Plus, in my opinion, the pre patch version has greater player individuality in dribbling, passing, and most noticeably in close control. Somehow, by making things more manic and pressured, the patch lost some of these things in translation.

I have downloaded goalgerds option file for the PS3, but at the moment windows cannot open the file. Do i need to open it before i transfer it to a USB stick and then on to the playstation? Sorry for all the questions. I am not very computer literate.

You need to open the file with a program called Winrar, then copy the PS3 folder to your USB stick.

Every online match gives you 50GP, every offline match 10GP. And there are much bigger bonuses for winning leagues, cups etc. in offline

Back
Top Bottom