PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Lol I refuse to go online because of the patch and the horror stories.

I thought training challenges would be an obvious method but apparently not, got nothing for completing the penalties one.

Just do a quick Copa Libertadores I suppose.

Yeah good call, ill just leave it running in the background.

Is there some way to include Copa Libertadores players in the ML? Transfering them to a european team or something?

Is there some way to include Copa Libertadores players in the ML? Transfering them to a european team or something?

I think they are available by default, but just belong to "OTHER".

Lol I refuse to go online because of the patch and the horror stories.

I thought training challenges would be an obvious method but apparently not, got nothing for completing the penalties one.

Just do a quick Copa Libertadores I suppose.

The Copa America is only a knockout (feeding back that it should have group stages in future) with home and away ties until the final so that is quite a quick competition to earn points.

Base Copy appears the only way. Hopefully the licensing loosens off a bit in future.

Two questions for you guys...

1. What is that AC (game?) I was reading on some of the last posts?
2. Is true that on pre-patch version you have control over the shots direction whereas in post patch shots direction output is often out of control?

I'm in post patch and i go mad with the shooting issue... I cant remembrr if it was the same prepatch

What do you guys think about the passing speed in the game? Maxing out the meter still results in slow passes. It feels even worse after reverting back to 1.0.

GP Parade I managed to record with 1.0 which proves my opinion that there is no problem with great saves in PES since next gen but with the ordinary ones.

YouTube - PES2012 1.0 GK Parade
Except for:
  • GK
  • Semi-Assisted switching/passes are sometimes for the wrong players as it was in both demos
1.0 is just perfect, pace, -2 speed (as somebody stated already it's not a walk on a moon like in 1.1.0). Realism is just unbelievable. Of course game still have some flaws that used to have in previous years but overall feeling is so great. Frist nextgen game that deserves PES in title.

In the end, one question left: WHY 1.1.0 KONAMI?.

Last edited:
Two questions for you guys...

1. What is that AC (game?) I was reading on some of the last posts?
2. Is true that on pre-patch version you have control over the shots direction whereas in post patch shots direction output is often out of control?

I'm in post patch and i go mad with the shooting issue... I cant remembrr if it was the same prepatch

Nevermind the AC bit. It's Batman: Arkham City.

Nevermind the AC bit. It's Batman: Arkham City.

ahh :)
Tks Lami! I was wondering which game could have been AC... I was going to scan the web to solve the enigma but I finally found better to ask the guys here... :))
tks

What about the shooting?

My concern is still that X360 owners are doomed. Pre-patch has run stutter bug and we are still waiting to see what the next patch will be like. I really can't believe that Konami have messed up PES as much as this.

hello you all..

I'm trying to open a new thread about the Offside bug I found out in PES2012 for PS3.. but I can't, it seems I don't have the previligies.. so here is the video:

YouTube - FORA DE JOGO BUG PES2012

in every freekick taken immediatly the are no off-sides!!

has someone in konami said anything about this?

thank you

I know you guys are going to hate me for this. I might even get kicked off.
Had a few drinks whilst watching City destroy Utd. Came back home and thought i would play a few matches online. Had to re-install patch 1.01.
Went on edit and created the ultimate team, then took it online.
I tell you these people don't even know the basics. No one is using pass assistance zero, as expected.
With my knowledge of Teammate Control it was so easy to win games in the bear pit that is EN 01. If you can't beat them join them that's what i always say.

hello you all..

I'm trying to open a new thread about the Offside bug I found out in PES2012 for PS3.. but I can't, it seems I don't have the previligies.. so here is the video:

YouTube - FORA DE JOGO BUG PES2012

in every freekick taken immediatly the are no off-sides!!

has someone in konami said anything about this?

thank you

i havent actually havent got a quick free kick yet

theres a bug in master league that doesnt allow arsenal in the CL.Maybe it just goalgerd option file has messed up the league structure i dont know.

I was one of the biggest critics of the game here but Ill admit that after playing with the original exe (1.0), the game is fantastic. There are still some minor niggles here and there but the game is much more balanced and enjoyable pre-patch.

I agree with many here that it is quite shocking how nokami butchered the game with the patch. It seems like everything is better (playing on -1 and pass ass. at 2):

- shooting: has more zip; more variety in direction unlike 1.01 where most shots were directly at the goalie.

- passing: more crisp; still issues with under hit one-touch passes and picking the wrong receiving player.

- standing tackle: MUCH better, players can actually stick out a foot for balls that are right in front of them. It also seems like there is less clipping...dont notice the ball going 'through' players often like in post patch. Defenders can also use their strength to get inbetween ball and player while in the post patched game the CPU often dribbled right through you all the time like you were made of paper. Nicely balanced as well; if you try to jump in to early...skilled players will get by you, but if you sit back and let them come at you....you have much better chance of winning the ball.

Defensive AI: Again better. They dont drop back as much, keep a better line (actually see some offsides which IMO is great bc they were pretty much nonexistant in 1.01). On the other hand, think positioning on crosses is a little better in 1.01. SBs tend to still drift too far back occasionally.

Offensive AI: Better. Quality strikers make nice runs, allowing for some more creative build up play. Like other have said, it just flows better. Less end to end games. Feels great IMO.

Responsiveness: Game is more responsive even if a tad unrealistic. But IMO its pretty good on -1 speed...find -2 has moments where things feel slightly slow mo. Still feel payers with speed merchant cards overpowered. Might be a good idea to remove them altogether in a custom patch or have them toned down a bit.

Referees: Very good, think the refs are as good as they have ever been. But think they are a little better in 1.01...seem to let some fouls go in 1.0

GKs: Not terrible by any stretch. They seem fine in general but they sometimes have trouble with slow shots along the ground. They simply need to be reworked from the ground up for pes2013.

CPU AI: Like has already been mentioned, much more realistic. Less direct...dont see everyone taking on players at every chance, which leads to more build up play. More variety in their attacks, dont always hoof it down the wing like post patch. Find there is less scripting too: midfield headers are more even, deflections dont hone in on the CPU as much, no ridiculous ping pong passing. Post patch, goals scored against were extremely frustrating (around 3/4 could be considered total BS). Prepatch, close to all CPU goals are fair and reasonable.

Had a brilliant moment when Ronaldo and Ozil played several one-touch one-two's on the edge of the box...looked very realistic (could have sworn saw them do somethings eerily similar in real life a couple of weeks ago)...it broke down beautifully too as the last pass was slightly under hit by Ozil. Didnt feel ping pong at all. Never seen the CPU do something so organic in a footy game before.

So, aside from AI on crosses and to a less extent keepers and refs, 1.0 is without doubt waayyy better. This is a strong contender for best pes ever. And I dont say this lightly...been playing since iss says on the original playstation.

Last edited:
i havent actually havent got a quick free kick yet

Me neither. And I reckon the quick throw ins are actually slower than normal ones, there's a pause followed by a cut scene followed by a protracted animation of the guy slowly picking the ball up.

After a good deal of time with the game today I'm on the verge of giving up with it to be honest. I HATE the game after the patch, so I remove it, and play on Top Player, the gameplay is perfect but is totally ruined by, yes you guessed, the keepers. They're like a piss take or something.

Check out these two little gems. How the f*** did Konami allow it to be released like this? Both instances were vital goals that decided what otherwise were two cracking games of football :(

First, Mandanda, who's already one of the best keepers in the game, gets confused then ignores it, then lets out a tiny half hearted kick at it while the guy taps it into an empty net.

YouTube - 231011 0438

Now check out this keeper handling. Pretty sweet.

YouTube - 231011 0436

The Copa America is only a knockout (feeding back that it should have group stages in future) with home and away ties until the final so that is quite a quick competition to earn points.

You mean the Copa Libertadores?

I played it last year and it had the group stages then the knockouts. Has it changed this year???

Me neither. And I reckon the quick throw ins are actually slower than normal ones, there's a pause followed by a cut scene followed by a protracted animation of the guy slowly picking the ball up.

After a good deal of time with the game today I'm on the verge of giving up with it to be honest. I HATE the game after the patch, so I remove it, and play on Top Player, the gameplay is perfect but is totally ruined by, yes you guessed, the keepers. They're like a piss take or something.

Check out these two little gems. How the f*** did Konami allow it to be released like this? Both instances were vital goals that decided what otherwise were two cracking games of football :(

First, Mandanda, who's already one of the best keepers in the game, gets confused then ignores it, then lets out a tiny half hearted kick at it while the guy taps it into an empty net.

vid removed

Now check out this keeper handling. Pretty sweet.

vid removed
Crikey, they are bad. However, there's always (if you can be arsed) the option of painstakingly editing the keeper stats. I sat down with a couple of cans of Monster and a large latte for starters. All the first & second choice keepers got a chunky stat boost in specific departments (see curdstar's post a few pages back). I'm seeing no positional errors since, only the odd fumble but nothing compared to make me say the keepers are worse than, for example, last year. It took me a good couple of hours but I'm glad I did it.

The saddening thing of course means starting your FL careers again.

You owe it to yourself then to try it without the patch and on Pro or Top Player then. The keepers on Top Player are no problem at all and the game AI plays far more intelligently than after the patch. It plays more realistic, patient football because it doesnt cram every player deep in their own half, and doesn't limit itself with the lack of passing options that it does on the patched version.

You really should try it bud, you get the same feeling as on regular 1.01 but with a more realistic footballing challenge. Plus, in my opinion, the pre patch version has greater player individuality in dribbling, passing, and most noticeably in close control. Somehow, by making things more manic and pressured, the patch lost some of these things in translation.

This is what I'm getting at though. POST PATCH, all these things you say are gone, are actually there on regular. I haven't tried professional or top player anymore as I found regular to be well balanced on demo 2. And if you try to break it, it's probably easy to get around, but I'm trying to create goals properly and it's a good battle.

Why do people assume Top Player is the most balanced? It is the hardest difficulty (aside from the new superstar) so not necessarily every player would be using it, true? If regular is the middle setting, is there not a possibility that the game would be well balanced on that difficulty?

I'm not saying it will be super challenging to play on, but I'm saying try it with the patch and if you see all the things you think have broken the game post patch, I'll refund your money within 14 days :P

I've seen individuality in players, diversity in team tactics, good goalkeeping, diverse shooting etc post patch. Not sure why people say shooting goes straight at the keeper now? It's a lot more realistic now than on demo 2, where every shot was on target.

People going off their nut here banging on for massive changes. I must have a different game to most people here?

Also - I played around 20 games on the weekend and saw a handful of jostling animations where 2 players were locked in battle for about 5 metres, with my player winning more than half the time. It's about who's bigger and stronger - it's not a cheat function from the AI. No stuttering either.

So either these things creep in at higher difficulties or I'm doing something wrong...or right.

I'd record some gameplay but I don't think anyone would bother to watch or to care lol

I can see why the keepers are having huge issues on this game.

Fundamentally there's too many variables and unpredictable things happening, i mean the amount of unique goals which have been scored in this game is off the fucking scale! So the Keepers really seem to be struggling judging and reacting to the ball.

Many times as people have pointed out Keepers seemed as if they cannot 'compute' the situation and behave bizarrely. The only consistent area in which they 'suck' is deflections which roll to the corner of the goal.

This make sense in that how on earth can PES 2011 keepers be so much better than PES 2012, when you look at both games and 2012 has improved in every aspect also compared to it's predecessor? I mean on the whole PES 2011 keepers where good. Animations at times disgusting but they where solid. did their job and behaved 85% of the time.

Computers are simply programs which respond to commands and it's clear these keepers are simply having all sorts of issues responding to the commands presented to them. Why. Because the game has far too many variables! It's too unpredictable.

It's the usual double sided argument.

- We NEED better keepers!
- But Keepers clearly and especially in this game are HARD to program! Remember not to harass them too harshly.

Konami really seem reluctant to take the easy way out like EA do and simply make their reactions super human.

Whats the chances of them being fixed to an solid level by the time the 1:02 patch is released?

Unbelievable. I decided to play the game with out the patch and it's mileeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeees better than the final version. WOW! I played 8hrs because I just could not put the controller down. Gameplay is fantastic as it was on Demo 2.

My love for this game has returned and I cannot stop playing it. The GK make some great saves. I have seen very few goalie mistakes. Very few.

This was proof to me that Konami did something to the game with the patch that caused the gameplay to be boring and just not as realistic as the prepatch version.

The difference between the prepatch and final version is like night and day. I'm glad there is a way around it and am again enjoying it to death.

Back
Top Bottom