PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

So what's the concensus with this whole patch stuff?

I've removed the patch and it played great. Then I realised on Professional it was a bit easy. Which leads me to think that mabye;

unpatched game on Professional = patched game on Regular

That said, I did play on Top Player of the unpatched one, and could perform some cool dribbles etc that never happened when I tried on Professional, pre-patch.

Don't know whether to just put the patch back on and play on Regular, maybe with slightly better keepers, or play without the patch on Top Player.

Spot on. In addition, some friends in the game industry have told me some pretty horrible stories about tons of work gone to waste, bugs being deliberately ignored for some well known AAA titles purely because their publisher told them to do it, all in the name of releasing the game on time. Publishers don't give a shit about pretty much anything other than building up hype then getting that hyped product out on time, which is where the unfinished nature of games, and subsequently patches, comes from.

Games publishers are the main reason why games come out unfinished - as the industry gets more expensive, and profits of even more importance, so the publishers expect development teams to release something on time.

Theres also been alot of great games canned over the years because publishers think it wont sell because they just want another indentikit FPS,a handful of companys do have the financial freedom to ship games when there ready with VALVE and NINTENDO being my case in point.And as you quite rightly say,no publisher wants to take a multi million pound risk.Marketing men(or the shits in suits as i call them)also think they understand gamers and what they want better then we do.

Crysis2 is a great example of this,and shipped full of bugs because EA wanted to release before the end of the financial year to balance the books and have a return for there shareholders.

Football games have just become a yearly revenue stream for konami and ea,there not worried if theres problems because eveyones still going to buy it the next whether they moan for a year or not.This is what happens with a lack of real competion or when two publishers have complete market share of a particular sector of the games market.It stifles progression and evolution becomes a slow process.

Last edited:
I'm opting for pre patch on Top Player on both PS3 and PC. I have all the kits and leagues I need so it's basically all good. Scored a lovely Suarez goal yesterday after feeding a perfect short through ball which I just couldn't do post patch. Post patch the option seemed to be cross or shoot from twenty five yards. Now I feel there's more creativity to attacking.

Even in Superstar, pre-patch CPU is a much more balanced entity. They are better attacking and defending,but also are your cpu controlled teamates who take much better defensive and offensive positions. Tactically, i´d say they are perfect recreating your settings, its strenghts and weaknesses, giving matches that ebb and flow we all fell in love with in the demos. Superstar pre-patch seems to me Professional( cpu actions)in 1.01.Above that, the game is not a fair deal.

Theres also been alot of great games canned over the years because publishers think it wont sell because they just want another indentikit FPS,a handful of companys have the financial freedom to ship games when there ready with VALVE and NINTENDO being my case in point.And as you quite rightly say,no publisher wants to take multi million pound risks.Marketing men(or the shits in suits as i call them)also think they understand gamers and what they want better then we do.

Crysis2 is a great example of this,and shipped full of bugs because EA wanted to release before the end of the financial year to balance the books and have a return for there shareholders.

Football games have just become a yearly revenue stream for konami and ea,there not worried if theres problems because eveyones still going to buy it the next whether they moan for a year or not.This is what happens with a lack of real competion or when two publishers have complete market share of a particular sector of the games market.

Yep, agree. I know of a well known game that never made it to current gen consoles because it was canned despite being almost finished. I knew people who worked on it for a year and a half, and the publisher just shelved the whole lot in favour of another company who scaled it down, stripped it out and released it on PS2 instead. They claimed the costs were too high, when in fact they were just being cheap.

But back to PES, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Seabass' dev team were under massive pressure from Konami, given little resources and too strict a deadline.

Yesterday with friends we go back to our weekly classical mini 4 team league on PS2, Pes 2011. One cannot arrived so the 4th team was the cpu and we chosed for it Real Madrid (humans was Roma, Chelsea and Man City). Only just say that appart of the amazing gameplay from PS2 version, CPU difficulty and attitude is sublime. First round, one friend (Chelsea) made 9 point (won everyone) and cpu won one and draw another. On second round CPU takes vendetta to everyone of us and played like crushing Real Madrid. 3-0 to me, 6-0 to Chelsea and 4-0 to Roma. CPU champion. The 3 of us was pure shame.
I telling you this because i can't wait for PS2 version of Pes2012.

Yesterday with friends we go back to our weekly classical mini 4 team league on PS3, Pes 2011. One cannot arrived so the 4th team was the cpu and we chosed for it Real Madrid (humans was Roma, Chelsea and Man City). Only just say that appart of the amazin gameplay from PS2 vetsion, CPU difficulty and attitute is sublime. First round, one friend (Chelsea) made 9 point (won everyone) and cpu won one and draw another. On second round CPU takes vendetta to everyone of us and played like crushing Real Madrid. 3-0 to me, 6-0 to Chelsea and 4-0 to Roma. CPU champion. The 3 of us was pure shame.
I telling you this because i can't wait for PS2 version of Pes2012.

PES PS2 hasnt been great since 2008.

PES 2008 was the last PS2 version I played. I loved it, playing the qualifying games for the WC was fantastic. Also, Iceland was in it, only PES ever to feature it... even if it was only available to play against.

Yep, agree. I know of a well known game that never made it to current gen consoles because it was canned despite being almost finished. I knew people who worked on it for a year and a half, and the publisher just shelved the whole lot in favour of another company who scaled it down, stripped it out and released it on PS2 instead. They claimed the costs were too high, when in fact they were just being cheap.

But back to PES, it wouldn't surprise me at all if Seabass' dev team were under massive pressure from Konami, given little resources and too strict a deadline.

Your spot on with your closing statement,from what i know seabass hasnt been given the resources OR been shown the love from the top brass at konami.The amount of money they pumped into metal gear solid compared to pes is nothing short of WRONG!.

I know we all give them a rough time,but considering the size of there team they do perform miracles.Things have changed and i do think even konami themselves realise there a massive pot of gold that ea are feeding on if they massively invest in new tech.

That said i still think WEPs capture the essence of real football and despite fifas animation,pes2012s animation does have more natural motions with fifa still feeling a little lightweight and floaty.It looks great fifa,but it just doesnt seem right and i just dont like the players models and zombie eyes of the players.Pes2012 just has more natural expression.

Last edited:
I know we all give them a rough time,but considering the size of there team they do perform miracles.Things have changed and i do think even konami themselves realise there a massive pot of gold that ea are feeding on if they massively invest in new tech.

Dont they have a bigger team than the Fifa guys? They took on hundreds of staff a few years ago and now have well over 200 working on PES, I really dont think that excuse can still be made now.

Your spot on with your closing statement,from what i know seabass hasnt been given the resources OR been shown the love from the top brass at konami.The amount of money they pumped into metal gear solid compared to pes is nothing short of WRONG!.

That said i still think WEPs capture the essence of real football and despite fifas animation,pes2012s animation does have more natural motions with fifa still feeling a little lightweight and floaty.It looks great fifa,but it just doesnt seem right and i just dont like the players models and zombie eyes of the players.Pes2012 just has more natural expression.

i think the earthquake also had a big impact with this years game,how could it not?

this game is beautiful with full LOD and blur removed

weJ2t.jpg

I've had nothing but praise for this game since it came out, but I have to nitpick a little with this picture. While it does look beautiful, the position of the AR is abysmal. He's supposed to be even with the last defender or the ball, whichever is closer to the goal. He is a good 15 yards off the mark and in no way is ready to call an off-sides. As a ref evaluator myself, I would recommend this guy is not picked for another match after seeing this.

Sorry, but had to get that off my chest!

Dont they have a bigger team than the Fifa guys? They took on hundreds of staff a few years ago and now have well over 200 working on PES, I really dont think that excuse can still be made now.

200 people is small fry in todays terms.Dont quote me on this but i think EAs number runs into the thousand mark,plus they
have about about 20 times the budget konami have.Obviously EA spend more on the licenses.

In the ps2 era konami had 35 people working on pes and the same number in the early next gen years.

200 people is small fry in todays terms.Dont quote me on this but i think EAs number runs into the thousand mark,plus they
have about about 20 times the budget konami have.Obviously EA spend more on the licenses.

In the ps2 era konami had 35 people working on pes and the same number in the early next gen years.

there is no way in hell there are 1000 people working on fifa...

The PS2 version is surely the best. No logical creature can doubt that!

I beg to differ,in some ways yes,but in others no.Defending was very basic in the ps2 days and the AI in pes2012 is light years ahead of any other pes.

My favourite konami games were the ISS games on the n64 because believe it or not the AI was very similiar to pes2012,and the animation for its time was breathtaking.Loved the way they made the ball a free entity in pes on the ps2 but ISS on the n64 gave you total control and you had 360 degree movement,passing and shooting 15 years before EA copied it,and konami re-introduced it in pes2011.Plus ISS on the n64 was the first analog football game taking advantage of the n64 controller.Add to that manual shooting in ISS on the n64 and keepers that were out of this world,although they did like to parry.The asian versions were better but so was everything back then compared to the inferior PAL we had in europe and the uk.

Last edited:
I beg to differ,in some ways yes,but in others no.Defending was very basic in the ps2 days and the AI in pes2012 is light years ahead of any other pes.

My favourite konami games were the ISS games on the n64 because believe it or not the AI was very similiar to pes2012,and the animation for its time was breathtaking.Loved the way they made the ball a free entity in pes on the ps2 but ISS on the n64 gave you total control and you had 360 degree movement,passing and shooting 15 years before EA copied it,and konami re-introduced it in pes2011.Plus ISS on the n64 was the first analog football game taking advantage of the n64 controller.Add to that manual shooting in ISS on the n64 and keepers that were out of this world,although they did like to parry.The asian versions were better but so was everything back then compared to the inferior PAL we had in europe and the uk.

Really ? I never knew that. :CONFUSE:

I loved ISS 64 :)

Really ? I never knew that. :CONFUSE:

I loved ISS 64 :)

Thats what i like about you jimmy,impeccable taste.For me pes2011 and pes12 have a nice blend of pes on the ps2 and ISS on the n64,with pes2012 having ISS on the n64s stat system,ai,and some of that lovely control.Different divisions i know at the time,but those old boys moved over to WEPs or work on other konami games.Except the old MAJOR A producer who sadly passed a few years back.

Needing some advice!

I am just wondering if anyone is experiencing a bit of lag and jumping when playing offline ie. just against the AI.

It is a bit of a problem on my game and seems to be worse when a player is in possession of the ball, clearing a cross etc, it is really annoying and is ruining what is otherwise an amazing game.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can fix this? I play the game on mid range cam.

Cheers :))

I'm done with this game. I can't afford a high end PC to make my game look like the pic above. I can't deal with this run-bug anymore. It's even apparent when using controller 2.

I'm dissappointed with the bad GK, and graphics among other things.

Scanning the multiple pes forums today I really don't get the negativity towards shooting, I feel it replicates the fundamentals of striking a ball brilliantly as did pes 2011 . The variation you can achieve just by combining multiple factors is great.

Anyone else using the RT standing tackle?, really effective at winning the ball when timed correctly.

Last edited:
Well people should be hammering Jon Murphy about it on twitter to make sure they do patch it ...just in case.

I see a lot of talk about problems here, but I don't see any related Tweets to Jon Murphy. He's in Japan now with his 'feedback'. Feed him then?
Just sayin'

not sure if its the patch after all, try going down to regular.. seems to be similiar to professional with no patch...

+1

I must admit I'm very sceptical about those who say removing the patch makes gameplay more like the demo. However, I decided to give it a crack and all I can say is...this really is the game I fell in love with not even a month ago:APPLAUD:

I had started a Master League on my promo PC copy and was thoroughly enjoying it, I was baffled as to how poor the PS3 version seemed in comparison, but now it's obvious the patch completely butchered up gameplay. A terrible shame you can't play online without the patch, maybe I'll have to set up seperate accounts or something. Still, as of now I'm just terribly relieved I can play what must be close to the best football sim we've ever had.

A MASSIVE thank you to those who found out about the patch-issues:WORSHIP:

Scanning the multiple pes forums today I really don't get the negativity towards shooting, I feel it replicates the fundamentals of striking a ball brilliantly as did pes 2011 . The variation you can achieve just by combining multiple factors is great.

Yup, I've just now hit an absolute rocket with Tiote that hit the post. It was a poor, low clearance from the defence into midfield and Tiote's momentum gave the ball an insane amount of power. Loved the little shape-up animation too.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom