PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

This is alarming stuff... about the patch having negatively affected the a.i. There were rumours last year that option files people used to get all the kits messed up the gameplay. So we either have people imagining things, or Konami's game code is as fragile as a feather

I'm really liking your style of play! :COOL:

I'm gonna take a few pointers from your videoes and apply them to my own game. Thank you very much :WORSHIP:

Can you please share all your formation settings and your tactical slider settings? If it's not too much of a hassle :P

It's not a hassle at all.

I played the games with gamespeed -1.
Player assistance, everything was off. I first thought "clear" was activated but it was not.
Passing was set to 2 bars.

Here are two screenshots about the formation settings and tactical settings i used in my first game against Real Madrid.

Against Twente i changed player support to 6 as far as i remember.

I'm really glad you watched my videos. Thank you.

Last edited:
This is not an imagination. Having played 5 games in a row I still can't believe how big difference there is, between 1.1.0 and 1.0.0. Actually, 1.0.0 is something what PES2012 was supposed to be, except for goal keepers. After 5 games I'm so addicted to play next games, just unbelievable. With 1.1.0 I was fed up after 2-3 games. Try to play 1.1.0 then 1.0.0 and then try to get back to 1.1.0, you'll spot it immediately (how your teammates and CPU are moving), there's no way that this is an imagination.

Last edited:
says JM

1.jpg

I saw that, but what makes you say that ONLY the 360 bug will be patched?

The thing that saddens me the most about all of this is the 'keepers have been dog shit in PES for how long? You could say this whole generation of consoles, that's how long, although I don't remember them being too bad in PES6 on the 360. The point is, Konami have had years to sort the keepers out and every year they are lacking. Surely the people at the very first play-tests of PES2012 would have pointed this out to Konami, especially as it's a long-running issue? Yet, come release they are still poor. To make matters worse, Konami don't even fix them properly, but instead take a 'throw the baby out with the bath water' approach as a makeshift attempt to mask the problem.

Seriously, I wonder what those guys actually do out in Japan. Do they need to be told how bad the keepers are? If Seabass is the genius he's often made out to be, why are these elementary, basic problems still arising each year?

Given all the talk of extra staff and investment over the past couple of years, it frustrates me how Konami clearly still hasn't got its act together after all this time.

Murphy is in Japan right now so if you want to get word to him through twitter, now would be a good time. I would myself, but I still don't have the game... There was a colossal screw up with the order and it probably won't even make it before the weekend. Gutted.

Murphy is in Japan right now so if you want to get word to him through twitter, now would be a good time. I would myself, but I still don't have the game... There was a colossal screw up with the order and it probably won't even make it before the weekend. Gutted.

Yes indeed. We have to ask Jon Murphy about this.

They need to fix it so we can play the game as it supposed to be, without deleting patches.

This is not an imagination. Having played 5 games in a row I still can't believe how big difference there is, between 1.1.0 and 1.0.0. Actually, 1.0.0 is something what PES2012 was supposed to be, except for goal keepers. After 5 games I'm so addicted to play next games, just unbelievable. With 1.1.0 I was fed up after 2-3 games. Try to play 1.1.0 then 1.0.0 and then try to get back to 1.1.0, you'll spot it immediately (how your teammates and CPU are moving), there's no way that this is an imagination.

spot on mate. its night and day. so many options now, so many ways to be creative
and the CPU defenders are now making mistakes when under pressure. this was not happening for me yesterday

Someone needs to make Jimmy play this sans patch ;) I'd love to read his impressions on that.

I will be no use, opinion wise, unfortunately, as I've not played offline really at all. One game is no time to judge. I will wait till I can sort the issue I have with Gerd's file, as it hangs at 99% at the moment when I copy it over. Once I've sorted that, I will play 3 games with the patch and 3 without. Same teams. Then I can offer my opinion.

It sounds like the evidence is pretty clear-cut though, which is a very disappointing in a way due to the fact I play mostly online, and switching everytime I want to go between ML and online will be a pain in the ass.

Last edited:
I will be no use, opinion wise, unfortunately, as I've not played offline really at all. One game is no time to judge. I will wait till I can sort the issue I have with Gerd's file, as it hangs at 99% at the moment when I copy it over. Once I've sorted that, I will play 3 games with the patch and 3 without. Same teams. Then I can offer my opinion.

It sounds like the evidence is pretty clear-cut though, which is a very disappointing in a way due to the fact I play mostly online, and switching everytime I want to go between ML and online will be a pain in the ass.

On a night when your not due to play any online games just delete the update and play a few games... infact dont because it might spoil your enjoyment of your online matches afterward!

tonight i was gonna play a few games 3 or 4... im about to play my 11th game.

I just played Barça (me) vs ManUnited, 20 minutes, -2speed and 0 bar assistance and in Professional level.

Man, this game is just unblievable. I never ever had so many different attacking plays in any football game (not even on the demos), so many possibilities, and yet the final result was 0-0, very challenging to score. I take Xavi's abilities to make the "final" pass (i made a beatiful air ball to ABdal when he as running down the left side), i used Messi for some solo plays cutting to his side with his left foot, i hit the bar with Iniesta, but Man United defence was really hard to break, and they almost scored in the final on a counter attack with a beatiful long air ball.

I so wish online gameplay had this gameplay quality. This is by far the best football game i ever played. No perfect at all, but no other game can offer merely 30% of possibilities (attacking build up wise) this game do.:WORSHIP::WORSHIP:

I wonder if PES 2012 had NBA2k12 technologically...:SHOCK:

Last edited:
how do you remove patch from the xbox 360?

From your xbox menu, go all the way right to system settings. Click on that. Then go to 'Memory'. Press Y and you should see an option to delete system cache. Choose yes. Voila, patch deleted.

I think it'll remove all patches from all games on your HDD, but you can just re-download the patches for other games once you play them again.

I find it hilarious that Konami butchered the gameplay in order to protect goalkeepers more during gameplay, all the while claiming it was a patch to improve them. That's comedy gold. Konami's PES team continues to be the most insane games division I've ever seen.

That said, props to those who discovered this. It's been the difference between me considering trading the game in, to suddenly loving the game again. Cheers! :WORSHIP:

Those keepers really are hideous tho pre-patch. I just rage-quit after my keeper could only palm a trickling, sliding miss-hit into his net.

Figured I'd take the advice and remove the patch (PS3).

Played a few games, and yes the goalkeepers are really bad now.
But, I find defending better, I don't see the stumble animation as often, and teammates do make great attacking runs without me having to tell them to do so. I'll evaluate more over the weekend, but it was definitely a positive change.

From your xbox menu, go all the way right to system settings. Click on that. Then go to 'Memory'. Press Y and you should see an option to delete system cache. Choose yes. Voila, patch deleted.

I think it'll remove all patches from all games on your HDD, but you can just re-download the patches for other games once you play them again.

I find it hilarious that Konami butchered the gameplay in order to protect goalkeepers more during gameplay, all the while claiming it was a patch to improve them. That's comedy gold. Konami's PES team continues to be the most insane games division I've ever seen.

That said, props to those who discovered this. It's been the difference between me considering trading the game in, to suddenly loving the game again. Cheers! :WORSHIP:

It's baffling, they had the best AI in any football game and with one quick patch they totally butcher to be pretty dam poor.

It's worrying for the future of PES imo as they dont seem know when they have a good game on their hands.

I have to try removing this patch on my xbox360. I'm wondering if removing this patch will get rid of the run/stop bug.

No it doesnt, looks like 360 owners will need to put up with the run bug all year with the good gameplay. A fix is coming but my money will be on it makes the game play poorer than currently with no patch.

Back
Top Bottom