PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

In both the demos I never felt the need to use trigger runs and off-the-ball control. The AI was always offering me options and I didn't have two banks of four in their own area to deal with.

The same here too. I know I sound like a broken record but delete the patch if you haven't already, the AI is not as deep but more importantly doesn't muscle into you like a laser guided missile.

The game felt stilted and a chore, then after taking the patch I off managed to work an uber realistic goal. Loved it. Wilshere jinked past a player, played it in to Rooney's feet on the edge of the box. He held it up, shielding from the defender, and saw the AI make Lampard burst past Rooney with a late run. Rooney slipped the ball through and Lampard rolled a finish under the keeper for a goal. Before removing the patch I would never have scored, Rooney would have been muscled off the ball and swamped by several defenders at once. You do still get muscled off the ball on occasions, but it feels more stat relevant and fair. Rooney is quite strong and this made all the difference. I doubt that patch 1.1 would have allowed this though.

Do you think Konami rush their patches? Sounds to me like they either rush them or they simply don't get that they're changing the core gameplay for the better. No doubt in my mind the runs players made in the pre-patch were better. I refuse to delete the patch though because i had a hideous time with the goalkeepers. I can't deal with that again.

After PES2011 and 2012 I think they have an obsession with making the game feel 'harder'. Both patches for both games increased AI pressure and reduced a lot of the aspects everyone got excited about in the first place. No idea why.

Maybe the 'I already beat ManU with Saudi Arabia 5-0 on highest difficulty'-moaners on just about every release day had something to do with it.

how do you remove the patch from the pc version?

By replacing current 1.01 pes2012.exe with older 1.00 pes2012.exe. I'm using digital download euro PC version and the game was already pre-patched, so I don't have legitimate 1.00 .exe to begin with. But I believe that the illegal one should do the trick.

In both the demos I never felt the need to use trigger runs and off-the-ball control. The AI was always offering me options and I didn't have two banks of four in their own area to deal with.

I feel the same. Also, the trigger run option is of little use on the edge of the area because there is almost no room for the attacker to make a run, or they just end up running into the crowd of defenders, the only time ive found it useful in that situation is to get my full backs to overlap and try and get to the byline.

I can't see how people can live with this, yes the game has amazing AI, but the AI simply isnt allowed to shine with these crazy tactics the AI uses.

The only thing I've found that has helped in the slightest is moving my forwards to deeper lying positions and changing any CF roles to SS, this seems to pull the AI defence out just a little bit

Keep switching between this pre-patch version and Arkham City, it's turning into a pretty decent day.

Just need some proper kits and team names now though.

By replacing current 1.01 pes2012.exe with older 1.00 pes2012.exe. I'm using digital download euro PC version and the game was already pre-patched, so I don't have legitimate 1.00 .exe to begin with. But I believe that the illegal one should do the trick.

Will this work with pesedit and jenkey patch

I'll try this patch business now. I've actually tried it before because I had the same feeling something did change. Let's see.

Just tried reverting to 1.0 on PC, it's definitely much better, even when the AI is playing defensively their back line is positioned more realistically (on the edge of the 18 yard box or just inside). Also my team mates are giving me more options like in demo 1/2.

The problem is Jenkey's tool isn't compatible with 1.0 as far as I know :(

So have we a consensus yet peeps that the patch changes the gameplay mechanics somewhat and forces the CPU to park the bus? On what formats guys, across all of them or what? Thanks

So have we a consensus yet peeps that the patch changes the gameplay mechanics somewhat and forces the CPU to park the bus? On what formats guys, across all of them or what? Thanks

yes definitely mate.just playing with the previous version, never had so much fun....we absolutely need to forward some complaints to the jappos.You will notice immediately, the pace of the game is slower compared to the fucked up patch.

Last edited:
Can I be smug and proclaim to be the first to suggest rolling back to the pre-patch version, before even doing so myself? Fuck it, I'm gonna have to use the smug face.

:SMUG::SMUG::SMUG:

Do you think Konami rush their patches? Sounds to me like they either rush them or they simply don't get that they're changing the core gameplay for the better. No doubt in my mind the runs players made in the pre-patch were better. I refuse to delete the patch though because i had a hideous time with the goalkeepers. I can't deal with that again.

I think it was a direct, panicked reaction to the reception of the goalkeeping. Everything that changed did so to shield the keepers from glaring errors, packing the box, immense pressure, ramped up the level of blocks shots. It shifted the focus away from keepers but absolutely crippled the game.

Top Player on Patch 1.00 is a challenge I'm content with and I can happily continue my FL again.

i have played

pes6
pes 2010
pes 2011
pes 2012 demos
fifa 10
fifa 11
fifa 12

yet I find myself enjoying pes3 on my ps2 the most.

In fact im fed up playing with assistance bars and sliders and this and that with these new games to try and make a decent game.

I can just put on pes3 or pes5 out the box have fun. Play a master league and have fun.

this is shocking tbh but its the truth

I think currently most are on 360. A little on PC. I'll try PS3 now, but need others with a PS3 to confirm.

I think it was panic reaction to the reception of the goalkeeping. Everything that changed did so to shield the keepers from glaring errors, packing the box, immense pressure, ramped up the level of blocks shots. It shifted the focus away from keepers but absolutely crippled the game

I believe you are right. There was no time to completely rework the keepers so they took these shortcut methods, fixed a few of the worst bugs and shipped it.

The problem now is that I had the movement and ball speeds all tuned to perfection with Jenkey's tool but it doesnt work with 1.00, so I'm left with a choice between the lesser of two evils.

Shit, i'm very curious now..:SHOCK:

So what's the process to remove the patch on ps3 ? When i remove it i guess i'll have to play with the console in offline, otherwise it will automatically require to install it again, right ?

And with the patch removed, it's better to play in top player again ?

i have played

pes6
pes 2010
pes 2011
pes 2012 demos
fifa 10
fifa 11
fifa 12

yet I find myself enjoying pes3 on my ps2 the most.

In fact im fed up playing with assistance bars and sliders and this and that with these new games to try and make a decent game.

I can just put on pes3 or pes5 out the box have fun. Play a master league and have fun.

this is shocking tbh but its the truth

:) Same here, PES 3 on PS2 was just the best and everything which came afterwards was trash.

But PES 12 does seriously change everything. Remove the patch and you have finally after so many years the direct successor of PES 3 and hence an even more brillant game. I play on the PS3 - Same effect on xbox from what I have read in the forum

Shit, i'm very curious now..:SHOCK:

So what's the process to remove the patch on ps3 ? When i remove it i guess i'll have to play with the console in offline, otherwise it will automatically require to install it again, right ?

And with the patch removed, it's better to play in top player again ?

Go to Game data utility and uninstall the one with the 1.01 under information (when pressing :triangle:). I think it's 15mb in size. When you load the game again, it will prompt to download patch 1.01 but just press cancel :circle:.

I think it was a direct, panicked reaction to the reception of the goalkeeping. Everything that changed did so to shield the keepers from glaring errors, packing the box, immense pressure, ramped up the level of blocks shots. It shifted the focus away from keepers but absolutely crippled the game.

I think that's not far from the truth. Rather than fix the problem, Konami have just borked other areas to make it look as if they've been fixed. I'd rather they had just came out and admitted that the keepers will take time to fix and we'll patch them in a few weeks.

Far too many peple claiming the game feels far better after removing the patch for it to just be a placebo, im soooo trying this when i get home.

I assume the WENB base OF and any subsequent team packs will still work ok as thats all in Edit Data and separate? same for the transfers, they remain right?

Can I be smug and proclaim to be the first to suggest rolling back to the pre-patch version, before even doing so myself? Fuck it, I'm gonna have to use the smug face.

:SMUG::SMUG::SMUG:

Top Player on Patch 1.00 is a challenge I'm content with and I can happily continue my FL again.

Totally agree, and likewise FL is back on the agenda big time :)

Keepers aren't great pre-patch but I can live with it, I didnt have a great deal of issue with them in the demo and the game now offers far more freedom. Like the demo, there's more scope to be creative and on Pro or Top Player it'll still kick my ass, especially on zero assistance. This time though the AI plays good football rather than brutal pressuring.

Go to Game data utility and uninstall the one with the 1.01 under information (when pressing :triangle:). I think it's 15mb in size. When you load the game again, it will prompt to download patch 1.01 but just press cancel :circle:.

Thanks!:))

Back
Top Bottom