PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

It's true what Zeemeister said: Without patch you can't play online ( Xbox version, don't know about PS3 ) so this is no solution for me.

I have always played Top Player as well Frank, every year without fail. Unfortunately, this year Top Player is just too unbalanced. It's too hectic and very unforgiving. It just feels very unrealistic. On Professional the game is still very challenging, especially on Zero Assistance, but much better balanced because of it.

My own personal thoughts are that Top Player has been massively ramped up this year to compensate for the huge Assistance levels that are now default. The problem is though, if you dont play with all this Assistance, Top Player becomes stupidly hard and very unrealistic in my opinion. Professional level is more than hard enough, but the A.I plays a totally different, composed level of football.

Cheers Jimmy.

Yeah I'll take a look at it, just don't want it turning out to be too easy.

FD

Cheers Jimmy.

Yeah I'll take a look at it, just don't want it turning out to be too easy.

FD

No worries Frank, and trust me, I actually find it harder on Professional at times. If Professional didn't give me a huge challenge, I wouldn't play it, I'd switch it up to Top Player. Also, like I mentioned, I do play with Zero Passing Assistance which makes it alot harder anyway. It's a great balance for me personally, and very hard.

I disagree. As a former FIFA 09 manual player (even played in an all manual league) once the novelty of the freedom wore off I realized that stats weren't being taken into account, except for shooting. Zero assistance is PES 2012 is a balance of being free manual but also stat relevant. The better passes like D'Alessandro feel amazing with it.

That is why I also said less assisted, because I feel PES 0 assistance is similar to FIFA semi, I don't think PES needs full manual but it needs 0 assistance applied to every area of the game (i.e shooting, crossing etc.)

Theres diffinetly a difference between pes2012 out of the box and when the patch 1.01 is applied.

Was up so late last night and into the early hours of this morning only the sound of the milkmen got me out of the pes2012 trance i fell into.

Rolled into work this morning,looking half dead and got a group of us together in the games room to get various peoples opinions.Every one was in agreement with many like myself who had been turned off by the difference between the demos and full game stating that the game just felt so much better to play and so much more solid and robust.

Naturally,there are going to be some who prefer the patched version of pes2012 who either didnt like the fluidity of the demos or the keepers and prefer a more contained game with cpu defensive camping and imo more cheating from the cpu.

For me keepers arent a issue,as the game would feel to unbalanced if the were superhuman,but this is a matter of taste not fact and im a great believer in if you defend as a team and play the high percentages the keepers perform pretty realistically most of the time.

Everyones different and this is a fairly subjective matter,however,atleast theres a solution now for people like myself who felt like the bottom of there world fell out and the pes they fell in love with when experiencing the demos remains intact.

As for shooting its lovely in pes2012,soft hands and timing are key,think football.

I'm enjoying the difficulty on Professional. The AI-controlled defenders do camp. Compared to 2011 I notice a lot fewer offsides, even when playing the offside trap. It was annoying at first but it forces me be be more creative in both attack and defense. This has been an eye-opener.

Stroking the ball around outside the box, building-up the tension, then making a strike - it's lovely. Defense I'm still working at, but I love the way you can hold-up play with one player whilst moving another into position to cover.

I feel more in control, and I'm even holding the controller differently. It's exciting stuff for sure. Easily the best PES.

But even with the Damascene conversions of other posters, I still think it's worth to highlight the niggles in the hope that Konami will listen and improve/patch.

I think especially the goalkeepers. I think it's an issue with their consistency, and is unrelated to their current form/stats. In one game a goalie like Abbiati will perform normally, but in the rematch, the same keeper will behave ridiculously and dive about a second after the ball goes under his body.

1-on-1 with attackers is about 90% in favour of the striker in my experience. Also, even with assists turned-off, keepers often make unscheduled runs out of the box.

Also, has anyone noticed that the CPU has a habit of booting the ball really high in the air - be it a clearance or through-pass?

The best 1v1 games I have had online were the first few MLO where both teams were weak. The rest is pinball. However I did sneak a game of 2v2 last night and that was insane fun.

I'm mostly playing the PC version over the PS3 version. It feels a little different and smoother - can't put my finger on it.

What's all this about Patches? Have Konami already released one?

I've got a problem here with PES 2012. While I’m absolutely sure my hardware and software match the system requirements the game keeps freezing whenever it has to load something. Sometimes in the menu when I want to open the game plan for example; and every time when the match starts. What happens is that the loading camera with the blue loading icon just keeps running and I can see the stadium and all the staff people and the green guys on the pitch moving normally but the match never begins, it just keeps on loading.

It was like this with all the modes except for ML but now when I have to play the first cup match it won't work either.

I searched many forums and I couldn't find anything like it.

PS: when it freezes it doesn't actually freeze but just keeps on loading with the music/sound still playing.
I played several matches in ML and exhibition without any problem

I have Windows XP professional SP3
AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core
2.21GHz, 3.25GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT
Net. Framework 4

And latest drivers for all I believe.

Please could someone help me I am really stuck here and it sucks because it's an expansive game and most of all I love it. So really sad I can't play it normally

For me keepers arent a issue,as the game would feel to unbalanced if the were superhuman,but this is a matter of taste not fact and im a great believer in if you defend as a team and play the high percentages the keepers perform pretty realistically most of the time.

YouTube - Keeper.avi

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That's pre-patch by the way. Since i put the patch on i haven't seen anything like that but i think you're being quite idealistic in what you say about the keepers pre-patch. I've got like 5 or 6 videos from the pre-patch game of keepers just derping completely. Since i put the patch on i haven't felt compelled to record anything to go along with any complaints.

Last edited:
YouTube - Keeper.avi

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

That's pre-patch by the way. Since i put the patch on i haven't seen anything like that but i think you're being quite idealistic in what you say about the keepers pre-patch. I've got like 5 or 6 videos from the pre-patch game of keepers just derping completely. Since i put the patch on i haven't felt compelled to record anything to go along with any complaints.

Like i said its opinion not fact,theres a difference between the two.

Cant comment on the xbox360 version or pc if thats the case in your video,as i find the xbox360 pad is like a brick and far more restrictive then the ps3 pad(for pes,not other games),again,opinion and everyones different.

Played alot of copa america games last night with the weaker keepers on top player and never had one keeper error once,i few parrys maybe,but they never felt unrealistic and trying to pass the ball out of a packed box only brought this on myself.

If these issues do rear there ugly head,its a sacrifice im willing to make,as my defence is now as solid as a rock pre-patch and the offensive off the ball movement is such a joy again as well as the ebb and flow of the game.

Horses for courses i guess.

Last edited:
Well this is interesting. Hopefully Konami takes note of this patch business and reverts the game back to being good again.

I'll try deleting later today and see what happens.

Let me know what you think bud - we have really similar opinions on version 1.1 of the offline game. I couldn't get any enthusiasm going for offline, but after getting rid of that update it instantly felt two hundred times more entertaining, better paced, more realistic. It's not identical to the demo but not far off. The joy of getting the ball to my skilful players and letting them do their stuff is back. Like I said last night, Bale was once more powering down the touchline and skipping over tackles, slipping the ball between players and running around them etc. As in the demo, stuff like this is suddenly able to be done with the right player against the CPU but without making the game overly easy. I still didn't win a game, but they were more balanced, more attacking, and I could feel the ebb and flow of a game much more. The scope for creative play is balanced just that little bit more in favour of the attacker, much more than patch 1.1.

I'd say removing the patch is only really for people who want to play offline though. Anyone playing online against likeminded mates with zero assistance etc probably don't find any of the crazy AI defending issues as the rest of the offline players, so either way it seems to be all good :)

I've got a problem here with PES 2012. While I’m absolutely sure my hardware and software match the system requirements the game keeps freezing whenever it has to load something. Sometimes in the menu when I want to open the game plan for example; and every time when the match starts. What happens is that the loading camera with the blue loading icon just keeps running and I can see the stadium and all the staff people and the green guys on the pitch moving normally but the match never begins, it just keeps on loading.

It was like this with all the modes except for ML but now when I have to play the first cup match it won't work either.

I searched many forums and I couldn't find anything like it.

PS: when it freezes it doesn't actually freeze but just keeps on loading with the music/sound still playing.
I played several matches in ML and exhibition without any problem

I have Windows XP professional SP3
AMD Phenom 9500 Quad-Core
2.21GHz, 3.25GB RAM
Nvidia Geforce 8600 GT
Net. Framework 4

And latest drivers for all I believe.

Please could someone help me I am really stuck here and it sucks because it's an expansive game and most of all I love it. So really sad I can't play it normally

Youve certainly got enough juice there from your processer,although you could probably do with a bit more ddr ram,around 4 gig.

Your graphics card is a bit weak,but try going into task manager and turn the system memory usage for the pes application to high rather then normal to get your system to dedicate more memory.It could possibly be a issue with your directX settings,although i would recommend upgrading your graphics card to something with atleast 1 gig of dedicated ram.Your processor warrants it.

Other then that get a overclocking program to squeeze more juice from your system,but you do run the risk of straining your system.Pcs can be such a pain in the arse but when games do run well they massively out perform consoles.

Also run a virus check with AVAST which is free and one of the better ones on the market.Malicious urls and malware posing as system files can seriously hamper pc performance.

Last edited:
Let me know what you think bud - we have really similar opinions on version 1.1 of the offline game. I couldn't get any enthusiasm going for offline, but after getting rid of that update it instantly felt two hundred times more entertaining, better paced, more realistic. It's not identical to the demo but not far off. The joy of getting the ball to my skilful players and letting them do their stuff is back. Like I said last night, Bale was once more powering down the touchline and skipping over tackles, slipping the ball between players and running around them etc. As in the demo, stuff like this is suddenly able to be done with the right player against the CPU but without making the game overly easy. I still didn't win a game, but they were more balanced, more attacking, and I could feel the ebb and flow of a game much more.

I'd say removing the patch is only really for people who want to play offline though. Anyone playing online against likeminded mates with zero assistance etc probably don't find any of the crazy AI defending issues as the rest of the offline players, so either way it seems to be all good :)

Yep 2 biggest things for me that deleting the patch did are....

The feeling you get scoring is back which for me is the most important aspect.

The AI is incredible, really the best of any football game to date (bar the keepers)

This whole patch thing is very interesting. I don't have the game yet but fully expect to give it a good try with the patch (Zero assist, -2 speed) before I go for any patch removal. I hope some of the more positive posters here give it a try soon though, to see what they think. If they will be in agreement, surely we can get the message out to Konami that the gameplay has gone through too many changes with the patch. Konami said after all, that demo 2 was final gameplay.

I stress that I'm probably way ahead of myself here, since I haven't even played the game. I have, in the past stated that people here were getting to serious about a video game, but I have no reason to doubt them when they say the full game without patch is better. At the very least, it's worth further investigation.

Last edited:
Yep 2 biggest things for me that deleting the patch did are....

The feeling you get scoring is back which for me is the most important aspect.

The AI is incredible, really the best of any football game to date (bar the keepers)

I'm finding the keepers to be fine to me. Three matches last night without the patch and they all ended 1-1, with my keeper Gomes making a couple of great reaction saves. Keepers are about on a par with demo 2 I'd say which is fine, I never had much of an issue with them.

Actually, one of my 1-1 draws happened because Gomes came up for a corner in the 90th minute and planted a header into the top corner. Hilarious!

Something i noticed is that in all the matches that i have played, i haven't got a single free kick near goal...it seems the CPU is never fouling me. I haven't got a single penalty either...

Superstar is much better than top player, which seems to be "broken", but on 15 minutes halves(-1 or -2 speeds, vs cpu) there are too many goals, even if i play slow possession football. So, i´d say Professional is the best option on the 360.

3 matches in FL and i am so sick and tired of the CPU defending with 6/7 defenders just inside the 18 yard box. My team is just shocking at making runs, as could be expected, so unlike when i play with better teams and see the defence doing the same thing i literally just get to the 18 yard box and have absolutely no options every single time. I can just get the ball and dribble backwards and forwards keeping the ball for 5 minutes whilst the 6/7 defenders stand inside the 18 yard box and there are still absolutely no options looking for a pass. It's very annoying and happens so often because unlike the CPU, who just counter attack, i have more possession and attack in a normal manner. I'm just so sick and tired of having to dribble the ball on the edge of the 18 yard box with no problem whatsoever whilst being chased by 3 or 4 CPU players just hoping that some space opens up or that one of my players actually makes a run. That never happens and it renders any smart playmaking not possible. Running through them isn't possible either and it shouldn't really be an option i'm looking to take because beating 6/7 players is not something you generally see. Seriously fuck that. It's not enjoyable. It's stupidly frustrating decision making by the AI to make some kind of arbitrary difficulty increase when attacking. You can see the defenders run into the 18 yard box specifically to stand there when you're about 30 yards out from goal. The game knows what it is doing.

Also i did not see why people were complaining about that stumble animation when i was playing exhibition matches. In FL i see it at least 8-10 times a game though. Attempting to tackle somebody behind enough to make them stumble off the ball and put their whole control off would result in a foul 90% of the time in real life because they would just go down instead of stumbling knowing they aren't going to be able to keep control of the ball.

Last edited:
Thanks for the reply man but how is it possible that I can play exhibition without a problem? Yeah sorry I didn't mention that did I...

Anyways now I removed the PESedit 1.3 patch and it seems to work...

Something i noticed is that in all the matches that i have played, i haven't got a single free kick near goal...it seems the CPU is never fouling me. I haven't got a single penalty either...

It does happen gerd. I've had it happen. I've also had a penalty and i haven't had the game a week yet. Like in 'real' football, you have to kind of look for a FK or penalty. If you're player is weaving and turning or doing tricks, you're more likely to get the com to foul you. Or you could always dive :LOL:

3 matches in FL and i am so sick and tired of the CPU defending with 6/7 defenders just inside the 18 yard box. My team is just shocking at making runs, as could be expected, so unlike when i play with better teams i literally just get to the 18 yard box and have absolutely no options every single time. I can just get the ball and dribble backwards and forwards keeping the ball for 5 minutes whilst the 6/7 defenders stand inside the 18 yard box and there are still absolutely no options looking for a pass. It's very annoying and happens so often because unlike the CPU, who just counter attack, i have more possession and attack in a normal manner. I'm just so sick and tired of having to dribble the ball on the edge of the 18 yard box with no problem whatsoever whilst being chased by 3 or 4 CPU players just hoping that some space opens up or that one of my players actually makes a run. That never happens and it renders any smart playmaking not possible.

Also you can see the defenders run into the 18 yard box specifically to stand there when you're about 30 yards out from goal. The game knows what it is doing.

Seriously fuck that. It's not enjoyable. It's stupidly frustrating decision making by AI. There is absolutely no need for every team to play in the same way.

Thing is - you DO have control over your attackers' runs. I haven't mastered it yet, but you can click down on the right-stick (R3) to select a player - he will be highlighted. Then you flick the stick towards that player and he'll make a run. I'm trying to control the direction etc. It's hard and not always possible.

3 matches in FL and i am so sick and tired of the CPU defending with 6/7 defenders just inside the 18 yard box. My team is just shocking at making runs, as could be expected, so unlike when i play with better teams i literally just get to the 18 yard box and have absolutely no options every single time. I can just get the ball and dribble backwards and forwards keeping the ball for 5 minutes whilst the 6/7 defenders stand inside the 18 yard box and there are still absolutely no options looking for a pass. It's very annoying and happens so often because unlike the CPU, who just counter attack, i have more possession and attack in a normal manner. I'm just so sick and tired of having to dribble the ball on the edge of the 18 yard box with no problem whatsoever whilst being chased by 3 or 4 CPU players just hoping that some space opens up or that one of my players actually makes a run. That never happens and it renders any smart playmaking not possible.

Also you can see the defenders run into the 18 yard box specifically to stand there when you're about 30 yards out from goal. The game knows what it is doing.

Seriously fuck that. It's not enjoyable. It's stupidly frustrating decision making by AI. There is absolutely no need for every team to play in the same way.

this is the single biggest problem with the game for me. my only hope is that global editor will allow us to increase defensive line of AI and maybe force them to play offside trap so they dont camp so much

Thing is - you DO have control over your attackers' runs. I haven't mastered it yet, but you can click down on the right-stick (R3) to select a player - he will be highlighted. Then you flick the stick towards that player and he'll make a run. I'm trying to control the direction etc. It's hard and not always possible.

I know but in reality it is just hard to do that when you're in the position i described and being hounded by 3/4 CPU players. I can't get assisted runs to work for some reason either. In contrast i have no trouble with controlling manual runs but obviously unless you're in acres of space it's hard to control two players intricately with both sticks.

Last edited:
3 matches in FL and i am so sick and tired of the CPU defending with 6/7 defenders just inside the 18 yard box. My team is just shocking at making runs, as could be expected, so unlike when i play with better teams and see the defence doing the same thing i literally just get to the 18 yard box and have absolutely no options every single time. I can just get the ball and dribble backwards and forwards keeping the ball for 5 minutes whilst the 6/7 defenders stand inside the 18 yard box and there are still absolutely no options looking for a pass. It's very annoying and happens so often because unlike the CPU, who just counter attack, i have more possession and attack in a normal manner. I'm just so sick and tired of having to dribble the ball on the edge of the 18 yard box with no problem whatsoever whilst being chased by 3 or 4 CPU players just hoping that some space opens up or that one of my players actually makes a run. That never happens and it renders any smart playmaking not possible. Running through them isn't possible either and it shouldn't really be an option i'm looking to take because beating 6/7 players is not something you generally see. Seriously fuck that. It's not enjoyable. It's stupidly frustrating decision making by the AI to make some kind of arbitrary difficulty increase when attacking.

You can see the defenders run into the 18 yard box specifically to stand there when you're about 30 yards out from goal. The game knows what it is doing.

Exactly my experience and frustrations. Every team essentially 'parks the bus' apart from the odd few top teams with different tactics.

Whether I play this game much, or even trade it, is dependant on Konami fixing this issue. It's treading a tight-rope between good and bad for me. I'm an offline player so it's really important that Konami takes note of the complaints about the damage the patch has done.

this is the single biggest problem with the game for me.
Fully agree with that. Off the ball control is a nice gimmick but I don't see me using actually using it on a regular basis. Here's hoping that moving away from Top Player difficulty changes anything as some players suggested, I'll try that for my next games.

I know but in reality it is just hard to do that when you're in the position i described and being hounded by 3/4 CPU players. I can't get assisted runs to work for some reason either. In contrast i have no trouble with controlling manual runs but obviously unless you're in acres of space it's hard to control two players intricately with both sticks.

Practice makes perfect :)

Fully agree with that. Off the ball control is a nice gimmick but I don't see me using actually using it on a regular basis. Here's hoping that moving away from Top Player difficulty changes anything as some players suggested, I'll try that for my next games.

In both the demos I never felt the need to use trigger runs and off-the-ball control. The AI was always offering me options and I didn't have two banks of four in their own area to deal with.

Hmmm so this patch thing, not going to try it myself haven't really played offline. But someone needs take this information to jon murphy and see what he says. If it ends up that konami has cocked up with the patch then they need to rectify it. You know what I could take 2013 coming out in december/january if it mean't the game wasn't broken on release but of course such a thing couldn't really happen for commercial reasons.

Back
Top Bottom