PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Far too many peple claiming the game feels far better after removing the patch for it to just be a placebo, im soooo trying this when i get home.

I assume the WENB base OF and any subsequent team packs will still work ok as thats all in Edit Data and separate? same for the transfers, they remain right?

Yep just delete the patch file and everything else is untouched.

Sorted. Just copied the Edit Data File back over to my ps3 from the option file uploaded by Goalgerd, i'm now one happy camper, pre patch base version, dlc and all kits etc loaded up.

Shaping up to be a good weekend. Master League here i come.

Keepers aren't great pre-patch but I can live with it, I didnt have a great deal of issue with them in the demo and the game now offers far more freedom.

Ditto mate!
Gonna give it a bash tonight, play 3 games as normal, then remove the patch and play same 3 games with same teams and gauge the difference.

If it works its a great work around short term but Konami really need to get their house in order and sort this out properly by properly fixing the keepers, not just f***ing up everything else so we dont notice them as much.
What happens when Konami release subsequent DLC?? probably wont work unless we have the latest patch installed,s o it'll be a choice between a game that plays great but no new content, and a shoddy game with shiny new balls etc

*NB: when i say shoddy i dont mean bit so literally - PES12 is still a v good game but is NOT the same as demo 2 code as we was told it was.

Well, i stopped the game right now as i play in 20 minutes (it would take too long to post my first impression), and i got to say that somehow the game flows better. Passing with barcelona feels asolutetly amazing. I used some L2 pass for short pass into space and it seems that the game "reads" a lot better, and it flows sooo good, so free.

The CPU AI seems to be a bit more creative, for example, when a cpu player when down the wing he didnt try to cross as always, instead he simply cut inside to midle and surprised my defenece trying to get a shot (but with human skills, that was great. I feel that defending system is more solid, i feel more in control using r2 + X and trying to release r2 in the right time.

My first impressions are really good, but its just the first half playing it, i'll play more (a lot more, it seems to be so adicting) for a better conclusion.

It does feel more free. I thought that was just my imagination. Also more fluid too. I'm on Professional, -2 and no assists whatsoever. Playing Chelsea v Barca. 1-2 atm.

I'll be trying this tonight, got me interested now. I'm fine with 1.01 but willing to experiment. Hopefully I won't end up crying at horrible goalkeeping.

Shooting definetly feels better and the CPU AI attack in professional level is better, way more intelligent, creative and yet "human" (not like top payer bullshit)

Last edited:
:) Same here, PES 3 on PS2 was just the best and everything which came afterwards was trash.

But PES 12 does seriously change everything. Remove the patch and you have finally after so many years the direct successor of PES 3 and hence an even more brillant game. I play on the PS3 - Same effect on xbox from what I have read in the forum

remove patch? but everyone was complaining about 1.0 version?

I thought game sucked I have not bought.

If this were true succesor to pes3/5 i will buy.

For me FIFA 12 is AMAZING...but only against freinds. playing cpu sucks, playing randoms online sucks.....I only really like to play fifa 12 against mates so I can beat them with skill moves and laugh at them lol

So how long until people concede that goalkeepers pre-patch are gamebreaking and that you're either stuck with better play and terrible keepers or horrible play and better keepers. Sounds so negative but it's really a case of one or the other at the moment.

People raise a good point about why the defense packs the box now. It's highly likely that it's a knee-jerk reaction by Konami to shield the goalkeeper so that there's less shots at him. That said i honestly believe that when shots do come in then the Goalkeeper does react much better to shots after the patch. Their anticipation is still borked though. Let's look on the bright side. Perhaps Konami did rush this release to fix the issues in the short term and are currently working on fixing the keepers, hopefully their anticipation and movement, and are going to release a new patch at a later date.

Last edited:
So how long until people concede that goalkeepers pre-patch are gamebreaking and that you're either stuck with better play and terrible keepers or horrible play and better keepers. Sounds so negative but it's really a case of one or the other at the moment.

Sadly that is the case, shot stopping is fine but it's the constant palming it into a striker's path that ruins it.

Still, as wank as it is it's something I can tolerate up to a point. I'm deriving much more enjoyment from the free flowing football and shoddy keepers of version 1.00, to the stifling anti-football and decent keepers of patch 1.01.

I couldn't believe but I tried pure 1.0.0... (without any gameplay mod) You're not alone. It's so much better than 1.1.0, just unbelievable how the f*** anybody could do that, especially KONAMI... It's a lot more closer to the demo (Active AI, Runs etc). Hopefully, they will bring back what they promised to implement in PES2012.

Ok, managed to get a game on PES (Porto vs Trabzonspor) using version 1.00.

One game was all I needed to notice the difference. The game now plays more like the demo, and is considerably more enjoyable. No more 8-0-2 formations with the 'Mourinho' patch .

The AI plays more realistically, making plenty of errant passes, and one thing that clearly stands out is how defenders are more inclined to stand off the attacker rather than rush in. The result is more time on the ball to be creative and an all-round less frantic feel. The keepers weren't even that bad in the game I played.

So I'm back on the PES 2012 bandwagon. I'll happily play with v1.00 until Konami sorts this out/October 2012, whichever comes first.

Says who?

says JM

1.jpg

I just had my first "great" game of 2012. Playing as CSKA Moscow vs Zenit St. P. I went into the break 2-0 down, feeling a bit meh. So i decide to make a sub Honda on for Tozic on the left. 10 mins into the second half and Doumbia grabs a goal. A few minutes later and Honda heads in from close range. Then, Vagner Love grabs the third goal to make it 3-2 to me. Zenit equalised on 78 mins and i had the chance to win it in the 89th minute but i hit the post. Brilliant come back on my part and a shame i couldn't hold out for the win.

As it was an exhibition, i had PKs set, so i continued with that. It was another nail-biter :SNACK: as i managed to save two penalties in the the first 5 shots, which then finished even.
Sudden death penalties ensued and the first four penalties were all saved!! :CONFUSE: Yes, i saved two and the com saved two. I scored my third sudden death penalty and the com then missed. Phew... :SMOKIN:

what the fuck were they thinking?

just de-patched the game and the A.I has come alive.

last night i had about 5 15min games with a few big teams barca, milan, Spain, England etc and although it was decent I found it quite boring at times.

but I just played a Spain v Holland game with my usual 15mins zero pass asst TopPlayer settings and it was amazing. it was only 1-1 but the running off the ball was fantastic. fowards spinning away from markers Midfielders running beyond fowards...I created some great chances and so did the CPU.

why create a thing of beauty, and active A.I is, and then dull it with a patch that is supposed to fix keepers?

sort the keepers leave the A.I alone.

back to play

Back
Top Bottom