PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Right, I want to give this a try but on xbox I can't find anywhere to delete the patch. I've got rid of everything PES 2012 off my hdd but when I boot the game up it still says version 1.1 and the update I downloaded on release day is still there.

Any suggestions? Pretty please?!

Right, I want to give this a try but on xbox I can't find anywhere to delete the patch. I've got rid of everything PES 2012 off my hdd but when I boot the game up it still says version 1.1 and the update I downloaded on release day is still there.

Any suggestions? Pretty please?!

You need to goto your hard drive and press Y then clear cache :BOP:

Gees - they seem to be moving into space really fast. Did you have the support cranked right up?

Default tactics. Youtube does tend to speed video's up slightly and i was zoomed in on the camera also.

I now have a debt to konami for my conduct,and will be spreading the word.Theres a beauty to this game thats never been matched prior to this year.Technical footballing excellence springs to mind,however if you had been playing the american version as i have klash you would of felt the same.Like two different games.

that makes zero sense mate.. it must be the update. The american version and the uk version have no differences...

Those who have a good PC, stop saying placebo sensations like without the update the game is better and do you guys a favor, please try jenkey gameplay patch (v1.41 by now). All i have to say that this guy is a freaking pes magician! :WORSHIP:
And he's just started.

You need to goto your hard drive and press Y then clear cache :BOP:

Well I remember Jon Murphy tweeted back saying that speed issues with the game (I know that sounds vague) might be fixed by clearing the cache. This was a couple of weeks ago between the the 1st and 14th of October. Not sure if he meant clear the update or clear it and re-install it.

So this update you cleared, did that remove your team roster fixes also?

Ive been playing the wrong version of pes2012 for the last three weeks or my prequal data has had a adverse effect on the quality of the pes ive been playing.

Let me elaborate,loved the second demo of we2012 so much,i couldnt wait for the uk release so purchased the american version 3 weeks ago which just felt like a totally different game,which,has had me spitting nothing but venom on these boards for days.

Today and after re-downloading the we2012 second demo i thought ive simply got to have this game.My first thought,import we2012 but as so many on these boards have been so quick to jump to pes2012s defence,i thought i would hire the uk version of pes2012,not update it,or use any prequel data or option files designed specifically for this years game.

Well,let me say im home again and in total NIRVANA.

Apologies for my rants and anyone ive upset,especially curdstar,but im willing to man up and eat a bit of humble pie.

Playing in top player with zero pass assistance and no teamate assists and i couldnt be happier,this is the promised land and total football!!!!!,just like the second we2012 demo was.

Just tried this expander...

Now let me say a great thank you...for just making this game super-duper slick!

Just played a match as Brazil against Chile prior to reading these patch deletion posts and thought I would do the same and play the same fixture in the same stadium and weather conditions. Huge difference. Absolutely HUGE.

Just tried this expander...

Now let me say a great thank you...for just making this game super-duper slick!

Just played a match as Brazil against Chile prior to reading these patch deletion posts and thought I would do the same and play the same fixture in the same stadium and weather conditions. Huge difference. Absolutely HUGE.

So you guys are saying that American version of PES2012 is just like WE2012 2nd demo (that is amazing after Expander comments) and UK version is the crap one?

Is that so? Cause I didn't get it. :))

In a worst case scenario that Konami somehow cannot recitify what went wrong in the update (not had chance to test "unpatched myself), do option files work as normal or do they have to be made for v 1.00?

I cleared the update and expected to not see any difference. I've played one game, that's all I have time for tonight but initial impressions are that the game is hugely better without the update. Feels like demo 2 a hell of a lot more.

For instance, for the first time since demo 2, Bale managed to slalom his way past two defenders with that awesome gliding animation that I've gone on about before. Prior to this I'd almost never seen this happen, now I saw Bale, Lennon and Modric all doing it. The annoying stumble animation is still there but the AI feels slightly less aggressive so a couple of times I recovered enough to make a pass before losing my hold of the ball.

The balance of the game felt better. Losing 1-0 to Roma, my players started playing more urgently near the end. The AI attacked still in a pretty direct passing style, but the game felt more open than after the demo. The AI certainly wasn't charging in all guns blazing with multiple defenders here.

And I'll be called bullshit on this, but the graphics on the 360 to me look sharper. That must surely be a placebo effect, but somehow it looks nicer. Game speed on -2 is fantastic. Keepers are probably the same as demo 2, which I rarely had a problem with anyways.

WTF. Bizarre. First game with the update removed and I enjoyed this about 200% more than before. Skilful players can beat men again (near the end Van Der Vaart did a little shimmy between two defenders down the wing and knocked the ball on. In the latest version he'd never have made it through the defenders, now in this because of his skill on the ball and the urgency of needing a late goal, he burst past both players. Brilliant).

Just been slagging this game off rightly earlier, had no inclination to play it, now I'm excited again. Really felt similar to demo 2.

Gonna have to wait until tomorrow to see if it was an unfortunate one off or whether removing he update has actually improved things.

Does anyone know what the update on release day was supposed to contain?

Oh and if anyone wants to play without the update, after deleting system cache (360), I'd advise first going into the game, downloading data pack 1 for the latest transfers etc, then exiting, deleting the patch via system cache, then going in again before being asked if you want to download the update. Bear in mind that if you say no, as you would if you don't want the update, then you won't be able to download the data pack without doing the patch first. So, if you already have data pack 1 on your hdd from before, you can implement it without needing to update the game.

Last edited:
So you guys are saying that American version of PES2012 is just like WE2012 2nd demo (that is amazing after Expander comments) and UK version is the crap one?

Is that so? Cause I didn't get it. :))

No they are all the same but you need to delete the patch that fixed the keepers but totally ruined the game. :BOP:

I cleared the update and expected to not see any difference. I've played one game, that's all I have time for tonight but initial impressions are that the game is hugely better without the update. Feels like demo 2 a hell of a lot more.

For instance, for the first time since demo 2, Bale managed to slalom his way past two defenders with that awesome gliding animation that I've gone on about before. Prior to this I'd almost never seen this happen, now I saw Bale, Lennon and Modric all doing it. The annoying stumble animation is still there but the AI feels slightly less aggressive so a couple of times I recovered enough to make a pass before losing my hold of the ball.

Yep i have seen the stumble 3 times and those 3 times i have held onto possession and continued my attack. :BOP:

And I'll be called bullshit on this, but the graphics on the 360 to me look sharper. That must surely be a placebo effect, but somehow it looks nicer. Game speed on -2 is fantastic. Keepers are probably the same as demo 2, which I rarely had a problem with anyways.

I thought the graphics looked better also!!!!! :CONFUSE: Defo sharper!

WTF. Bizarre. First game with the update removed and I enjoyed this about 200% more than before. Skilful players can beat men again (near the end Van Der Vaart did a little shimmy between two defenders down the wing and knocked the ball on. In the latest version he'd never have made it through the defenders, now in this because of his skill on the ball and the urgency of needing a late goal, he burst past both players. Brilliant).

Just been slagging this game off rightly earlier, had no inclination to play it, now I'm excited again. Really felt similar to demo 2.

Played about 6 games now and each 6 were a joy :BOP:

Also the keepers really aint that bad! :SMUG:

Option files work fine.

This info is being sent first thing tomorrow. They need to maintain this unpatched version gameplay but do whatever they can to improve keepers and I think most would be happy.

Yep i have seen the stumble 3 times and those 3 times i have held onto possession and continued my attack. :BOP:

I thought the graphics looked better also!!!!! :CONFUSE: Defo sharper!

Played about 6 games now and each 6 were a joy :BOP:

Also the keepers really aint that bad! :SMUG:

Mmmm this is april fool's day or your just talking ironically?

I still don´t get it why you guys now love the game without any patch, so back then, before the patch 1.01 release, all you guys on this thread were pissed of about the final code full game release, and waited anxiously the 1.01 patch improvements.

The world upside down :CONFUSE:

Mmmm this is april fool's day or your just talking ironically?

I still don´t get it why you guys now love the game without any patch, so back then, before the patch 1.01 release, all you guys on this thread were pissed of about the final code full game release, and waited anxiously the 1.01 patch improvements.

The world upside down :CONFUSE:

No, here in the UK the patch came out before the game, So most of us had only played it with the patch installed. No one knew Konami totally butchered the game with the patch.

No, here in the UK the patch came out before the game, So most of us had only played it with the patch installed. No one knew Konami totally butchered the game with the patch.

I see, are you talking always on consoles version? Because i hope there´s a UK PC version too of the game so i can give it a try.

And what it will be the biggest differences between the patched and not patched versions, in your oppinion? Is that SO different?

Couldn't resist another few matches, each one felt like a joy to play. This is really weird. The game is a bit easier than after the patch on Professional. Perhaps the game after the patch has upped the difficulty and Regular now plays like Professional on the demo?

Anyways, the stumble happened a few times but like you say I too was able to keep the ball. Wilshere did a brilliant bit of skill, beating 5 men as he stumbled, then skipped through them, slipping the ball through a player's legs. Tried it with Lampard and it didn't work. Just like the demo :)

The downside is that I did score a last minute screamer with Lampard, a volley/bycicle kick from miles out a bit like PES2011, but it's still more fun. The easing of AI pressure seems to allow the individuality of your players to come flooding back.

I tried re-downloading the patch so I could get the data pack, and tried the same game, same teams everything. It was vastly more difficult, I could barely beat players with Wilshere or Rooney, they were just hounded out and knocked off the ball. I noticed the AI able to kind of run through several challenges on occasion too, which didn't look right. All in all the game pre-patch isn't the exact game as the demo of course, but it's a lot more like it. If you have a world class dribbler in your team, you can use them as you did in the demo. The AI seems to close you down and aggressively challenge for the ball after the patch, and without the update you get a lot more time on the ball, especially at the back. I was able to get Terry on the ball in his own half, knock it across the back line, wait for a player to move into space before playing it. I've also noticed that the AI plays a bit further up the pitch pre-update too. After re-installing the patch it felt as though the AI was cramming 9 or so players almost level with their own defensive line, making it really hard (and unrealistically hard IMO) to break through a clogged, deep, back line. This wasn't there in pre-update games I played tonight, the AI was more evenly spaced. Makes the game slightly easier, but at least the AI still attacks now and it's vastly more enjoyable.

Like I said, might just be a coincidental few matches I really enjoyed, but the difference was remarkable. Pre-update, it's a joy, I enjoyed every game I played. I then put the update back on and the game was instantly a chore, with the usual stumbling, overpowered challenges, pressure, deep defences.

Excited to see if the game continues in this vein. Seriously give it a go without the patch. Means you wouldn't be able to take the game online but I'm in this for the offline anyways :)

Does anyone here can play in top player (0 bar passing, -2 speed) ?

Omg... i must "apologyze" everyone for having such a radical opinion. The game is that "bad" in top player, but i almost "fixed" all gameplay issues by just changing to Professional dificulty.

Honestly, Top Player is a joke of a game, but in Professional the game turned to be AZMAZING!! It's not perfect of course, it still has some few moments where the game doesn't reconize the right player i intentded to pass (this only happens when i use manual pass and make a very short pass into space).

But just changing the gameplay dificulty made almost everything great, and i got to say now that FULL VERSION IS REALLY BETTER THAN ANY DEMO.

I honestly don't know what Konami had in mind when making Top Player that crap, completely bullshit, ball carrier being overpressured in anytime CPU wants (specially on a counter), CPU defence being so tight and almost flawless, defenders closing gspaces in light speed and blocking almost every single shot, and what about those cpu counter attacks, so artificial, insane dribbling speed, insane passing skills, so fast and accurate. It's an artificial challenge that completly compromise realism. On Professional level, even my defence seems to be much more organized.

Now in Professional dificulty space feels great, i can plan my attack the way i expect, it is so much more enjoyable! CPU playrs don't go to 1 on 1 mode all thr fucking time and don't have insane dribbling skills, it is much more based on stats. Althout, i really think some teams need some adjstements.

I decided not to sell it anymore, i still have some few things to complain about as everyone here, but overall the game is

Can people deleting the patch state the following:

Console:
Version: (UK or US or Euro etc, or better state the BLES code)

Just so we'd all have a better picture. Thanks.

I personally think that chaging from Top player to Professional level has a bigger and more positive impact in terms of realism than chaging gamespeed, at least playing Champions League (and i'm playing with Barcelona).

Now i'm playing in professional level, -2 speed and 0 bar passin assistance. Top player is just crazy shit!

I personally think that chaging from Top player to Professional level has a bigger and more positive impact in terms of realism than chaging gamespeed, at least playing Champions League (and i'm playing with Barcelona).

Now i'm playing in professional level, -2 speed and 0 bar passin assistance. Top player is just crazy shit!

We've been saying that all along :P

So you said changing difficulty has more effect than changing gamespeed but then you changed gamespeed as well?

I said that the other week and no one responded lol. I could pull out a few posts of mine that people ignore but then harp on about later after having made miraculous discoveries :P

Back
Top Bottom