PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Regarding the speed issue - the high speed is all down to assisted passing and overpowered superteams. If you play as, say, a Ligue 1 side, with passing assistance set to zero, the pace is not too fast, even on 0... until the opposition get the ball. The computer's super-assisted passing is what speeds everything up. If you play as, say, Barca v Real Madrid, with passing set to 2 bars, the game will most certainly be out on control on 0 speed - just absurdly fast - whichever side has the ball.

If (as I said yesterday) you play 1v1, with zero passing assistance, as medium-sized teams, there's no way you can say the pace is too fast. It rises and falls with the flow of the game; it's pretty much perfect. If anything, playing this way online is a fraction too slow (though not so much that it's a problem).

Playing online ranked match showcases at how unrealistic this game can be and defending doesn't even exist, every football, my best game is defending and on this, you can't defend, you just hope for the best that the other person screws up.

EDIT: online, this has to be the worst pes to date, connections are good but proper ping pong passes, never felt like snapping a disc in all my life.

Last edited:
If your going to snap it, let me know and I'll happily take it from you. :D I'll stay localish too. :) ;)

Can anyone tell me how much of an improvement the Superstar rating is that can be unlocked.

I always player on the top level, but not sure if it maybe make the matches a bit unrealistic.

Cheers in advance.

FD

I don't mind offline so much but online is just horrendous to be put frankly, and to your question, i only watched the level to see how cpu played but it does look solid from what i was watching

Something I've noticed that's really been bugging me... Has anyone else noticed that the 'Pressure' tactical slider only seems to do anything in the hands of AI. For instance, play as Barca for a little while and take note of the amount your teammates pressure the opponents. THEN, switch sides so you're playing against Barca, and all of a sudden they're actually pressuring you like they're supposed to. When you're in control however, your teammates just don't seem to press the opponents anywhere near as much as when the AI controls them.

Is there any solution to this? It's driving me mad when I want my team to pressure, but they simply don't, no matter how high the pressure slider is set.

Been this way for a long time mate. I assume that the CPU can control several individual players at once whereas human players can only fully control 1. Sometimes 3 or 4 CPU players will come to close you down.

This is probably the reason why CPU players win most loose balls; there is a slight delay when the human player takes control of a teammate; the CPU of course doesn't have this problem.

The Pressure slider mainly controls the defender's aggressiveness when containing, i.e. defenders tend to tackle earlier and more frequently.

Ive been playing the wrong version of pes2012 for the last three weeks or my prequal data has had a adverse effect on the quality of the pes ive been playing.

Let me elaborate,loved the second demo of we2012 so much,i couldnt wait for the uk release so purchased the american version 3 weeks ago which just felt like a totally different game,which,has had me spitting nothing but venom on these boards for days.

Today and after re-downloading the we2012 second demo i thought ive simply got to have this game.My first thought,import we2012 but as so many on these boards have been so quick to jump to pes2012s defence,i thought i would hire the uk version of pes2012,not update it,or use any prequel data or option files designed specifically for this years game.

Well,let me say im home again and in total NIRVANA.

Apologies for my rants and anyone ive upset,especially curdstar,but im willing to man up and eat a bit of humble pie.

Playing in top player with zero pass assistance and no teamate assists and i couldnt be happier,this is the promised land and total football!!!!!,just like the second we2012 demo was.

Last edited:
I don't mind offline so much but online is just horrendous to be put frankly, and to your question, i only watched the level to see how cpu played but it does look solid from what i was watching

For online, 2 vs 2 is fantastic, i love it. Online ranked i've only played two game sbut i can pretty much tell it's more or less the same old shit. I expect that! For online ranked they take feedback from obsessed overcometitive gamers with no life whatsoever who just want to win and simly want responsivness!

I just wouldn't bother with online ranked man on any football game!

Ive been playing the wrong version of pes2012 for the last three weeks or my prequal data has had a adverse effect on the quality of the pes ive been playing.

Let me elaborate,loved the second demo of we2012 so much,i couldnt wait for the uk release so purchased the american version 3 weeks ago which just felt like a totally different game,which,has had me spitting nothing but venom on these boards for days.

Today and after re-downloading the we2012 second demo i thought ive simply got to have this game.My first thought,import we2012 but as so many on these boards have been so quick to jump to pes2012s defence,i thought i would hire the uk version of pes2012,not update it,or use any prequel data or option files designed specifically for this years game.

Apologies for my rants and anyone ive upset,especially curdstar,but im willing to man up and eat a bit of humble pie.

Playing in top player with zero pass assistance and no teamate assists and i couldnt be happier,this is the promised land and total football!!!!!,just like the second we2012 demo was.

Same as last year.

OH MY GOD, THE ALCHEMY!!!

So the WE 2012 second demo plays like PES 2012 final game?

So is there a game out there that plays like the PES 2012 demo's?

For online, 2 vs 2 is fantastic, i love it. Online ranked i've only played two game sbut i can pretty much tell it's more or less the same old shit. I expect that! For online ranked they take feedback from obsessed overcometitive gamers with no life whatsoever who just want to win and simly want responsivness!

Same as last year.

I now have a debt to konami for my conduct,and will be spreading the word.Theres a beauty to this game thats never been matched prior to this year.Technical footballing excellence springs to mind,however if you had been playing the american version as i have klash you would of felt the same.Like two different games.

Last edited:

The second we demo is the same as the final uk version of pes2012 out of the box,albeit the difficulty which has gone up one notch ie professional is the same as the top player difficulty of the demo.

Only played the first uk demo which the first we demo imo was better then,cant comment on the second uk demo.

Last edited:
I now have a debt to konami for my conduct,and will be spreading the word.Theres a beauty to this game thats never been matched prior to this year.Technical footballing excellence springs to mind,however if you had been playing the american version as i have klash you would of felt the same.Like two different games.

Good. Now it's your turn to play troll police.

The second we demo is the same as the final uk version of pes2012 out of the box,albeit the difficulty which has gone up one notch ie professional is the same as the top player difficulty of the demo.

Only played the first uk demo which the first we demo imo was better then,cant comment on the second uk demo.

You should download the 2nd demo, it is incredible! :WORSHIP:

Fully agree. Played the 2nd demo as well and got the European full version some days ago. Did not install the 1.01 patch and the game plays pretty much like the demo. Great off the ball movement, frequent position switches, difficult CPU Ai - just by fare the best PES in the whole series. The game has some flaws (goalkeeper, graphics) but gameplay overall is just perfect.
I was stuck since 2004 with PES 3 as I hated all successors amd FIFA due to lack of movement and damned boring gameplay (even PES 5/6).

When I install the patch however, I have the maybe subjective view that off the ball movement is worse?

I've just been the beneficiary of an own goal which was the result of the single worst piece of goalkeeping I've ever seen in a football game. I'll have to upload it at some point.

Fully agree. Played the 2nd demo as well and got the European full version some days ago. Did not install the 1.01 patch and the game plays pretty much like the demo. Great off the ball movement, frequent position switches, difficult CPU Ai - just by fare the best PES in the whole series. The game has some flaws (goalkeeper, graphics) but gameplay overall is just perfect.
I was stuck since 2004 with PES 3 as I hated all successors amd FIFA due to lack of movement and damned boring gameplay (even PES 5/6).

When I install the patch however, I have the maybe subjective view that off the ball movement is worse?

Any idea how to uninstall the patch on 360? I deleted everything PES 2012 from harddrive but still dont get prompted to download the patch.

Thankyou,glad someone else has had the same experience.

Same as last year.

true but the problem is there mate, there is no 2v2 option for the xbox 360 :RANT:

so i deleted the konami update and rebooted........it is actually quite scary how different the game plays, demo 2 has returned, i've had to play 7 games to make sure it wasn't imagining it, cpu is building up attacks again passing the ball around, not camping, my teams off the ball movement has returned, i can dribble again etc...dunno who's idea the patch was but they should be fired. I think i can live without kits and transfers if the trade off is the gameplay i'm experiencing now.
Funny thing is that i never had a chance to play the game without the update, if so, it would have been easy to identify what had made the gameplay change so much.
If anyone else has the chance, i recommend them giving it a go.

Right got the patch deleted, will report back my findings after 1hr of play :)

please please please be amazing!

edit: after just 25 mins of 1st half............

:WORSHIP:OMG:WORSHIP:

Last edited:
Hmm. Interesting. It's not the first time Konami have increased the AI pressure in updates. I'm gonna give this a go. Maybe a final throw of the dice for me and PES this year.

Right got the patch deleted, will report back my findings after 1hr of play :)

please please please be amazing!

edit: after just 25 mins of 1st half............

:WORSHIP:OMG:WORSHIP:

lol....told you mate. the difference really is amazing, it's not just the cpu either, my team feels fluid again, even my defenders are keeping better shape and as a team were more organised.

Well it's safe to say that deleting the patch has made this game oh so enjoyable again.....

Back is the amazing AI (oh how i missed it)

Back is the fluidness

Back is more control over shooting

Back is the FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What patch are you guys talking about? I thought there was only a DLC update on 360 but no patch yet?

Regards the game speed of zero - a mate and I were at a game the other night and said the same thing - there is no way a slower game speed on PES or FIFA is "realistic". It may be better for gameplay or other aspects but it's not realistic.

Glad some of you have realised the shooting is not as bad as you think. When you may think you have the ball lined up perfectly, there's something you don't have quite right. And it might not make sense to you but to make shooting work on this game, remember if the ball is slightly ahead of you, the power will be more than if you're digging it from under your feet.

And I'm sure people try to shoot from area's of the field or body positions that players in real games wouldn't attempt because they know their ability to hit the target or beat the keeper is low.

I'm much happier now than in the demo where every shot was a goal or on target. THAT is arcade.

Back
Top Bottom