PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

Hi mate. my laptop does get hot and sounds like a jumbo jet taking off at times. bought it for working away so i could game on the go. it does the job tho.

Processor: Intel(R)Core (TM)2 Extreme CPU X7900 @ 2.8GHZ
Memory: 4GB
32 bit operating system
Windows Vista Ultimate
Think my graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX

I get good on all the PC compatability settings for pes and i play on high quality setting. super smooth until it decides to defrag the hard drive haha

Now im not very tech minded so if want any other specs let me know. at the time of purchase i had money to burn so just tried to get the best of everything (but not pay stupid money)

THanks man!

YouTube - FC Twente vs SL Benfica - Halbzeit 1 - PES 2012

look at 5:54, no option in the central midfield to pass the ball aroung, positioning and movement are far from bing ralistic, no options, no logic.

Teams don't play as a team like before. I loved the collective game in defending i needed to have in demo 1 and 2.

EDIT: look at 5:59 when the midfielder recieves the pass, turn to his right side and the only option is a teamate who's far awa on the right side of the pitch, look at that amount of space not occupied with a midfielder, wtf is that...

EDIT 2: 6:17. LOOK at the amount of space at the left of the ball carrier and no other midfielder coming close to make possible to pass the ball around. THATS WHAT I'M TALKIN ABOUT PEOLE, having options to pass the ball around is the nature of football when planning your attackying plays, and it's simplly LACKING in this game now.

I have NO IDEA what logic your stating in delivering your tought... simply adjust your team tactic and positioning...and youll get a better result of how you want to play football...

The guy doesnt want to push the ball forward when their player are making run and going foward...he want to play that quick passing but their player are looking for long balls... he simply doesnt play the right kind of football for the team current tactics...

Do people even know that you make your defense hold a line by using the auto-offside setting in the tactical assistance menu in the game plan?

You can make your defenders refuse to track runs...

@DuduBR9

You have to keep in mind that i played a very defensive typ of game with Benfica. Very controlled, lots of ball rotation, only few players in front. It was my goal to win a point and maybe get away with a win but without taking any risk.

My Slider Setting was "Pressing 2", Defensive Line 1", "Player Support 4". The positioning of my CM, LM and RM was near / in my own half. It was a defense first tactic, yo have to keep that in mind.

Maybe i will play a more attacking style, after i've been qualified for the quarterfinals. But right now i feel comfortable with this defensive kind of play and i think it will work perfect in this group.

With Bayern, my first team, i play a lot more offensive game. You can do both in this Game.

Do people even know that you make your defense hold a line by using the auto-offside setting in the tactical assistance menu in the game plan?

You can make your defenders refuse to track runs...

Ah! Might give this a go. Maybe this will squeeze the game more and actually help attacking options and counter attacks against the AI. That said, I do love catching the COM out with manual offside trap.

Yes, and try turning your pressing down to 8 with compactness at 10 or below. Your team will actually "go Italian" and you'll see 6 or more defenders camped outside your box at all times. Very tough to play through the middle this way; I call it the cheeser shield.

Go to system settings and find the setting that allows you to select manual or automatic player runs with the right stick. The first option allows you to choose left stick or d-pad. When you're using the left stick and d-pad control, the tactics change command is select+(B/circle).

I don't know about attack or defense settings that were in 2011 and earlier, those seem to have been removed from 2012.

It does work, use L2 + up/down

I have NO IDEA what logic your stating in delivering your tought... simply adjust your team tactic and positioning...and youll get a better result of how you want to play football...

The guy doesnt want to push the ball forward when their player are making run and going foward...he want to play that quick passing but their player are looking for long balls... he simply doesnt play the right kind of football for the team current tactics...
In the demo the players 'Active AI' would make players respond to the momentary situation. Now that the Active AI has been removed you have to set up ridiculous tactics to make the game work (to a lower standard).

A truly ridiculous situation.

It's hard for many to accept but the demo was better! Admit it! I'm off for another session! :)

It is not my goal to play long balls with this team (support range is 4) . I play exactly the way i want to. Passing it around, waiting for the one opportunity without giving the ball away to much. It is a tactical decision to play without a lot of player support. I want my teammates to stay behind the ball most of the time.

Look, normally i play with Bayern. I don't now much about Benfica Players. I have to learn about the players game by game. Playing the same attacking style i normally play with Bayern would be crazy. I would eat counter by counter. This Game give me the opportunity to choose the way i want to play and with Benfica, right now, i'm going to play defense first. Controlling the ball, don't get countered, be patient - it works for me. I win both games, so why should i change? ;)

Last edited:
I'm really hoping keepers get another look with later patches. As this game gets more awesome I feel there's more pressure on the keepers to look as realistic as possible. Yair's GK patch for 2011 was the best I've seen yet, but it's not like they were perfect either.

What i am talking about is basic things, in any team, when a lb (for example) is with the ball in possession and he can't move forward (no option to pass forward), he can turn back, hold the ball a bit and at least 70% of time there will be someone in the midfield as an option for a lateral pass, possibly a midfield defender.

Some teams have a more compact midfield with a more dynamic off te ball movement, some others play more wide, but this is not an excuse for having that amount of empty space, no one moving as an option to make a lateral (long or short) pass possible. This is ridiculous.

I remember that in the first demo this was really a matter of choice tatically and was very realistic. With Napoli i always wanted to play wide, and there were options passing from lc or rb to a midfield defener on a relativel long distance, it was beatiful. This one now is different, the final game is a messy IMO in terms of movement and having pass options.

Last edited:
In the demo the players 'Active AI' would make players respond to the momentary situation. Now that the Active AI has been removed you have to set up ridiculous tactics to make the game work (to a lower standard).

A truly ridiculous situation.

It's hard for many to accept but the demo was better! Admit it! I'm off for another session! :)

In demos, it was like yor teammates really reacted circunstancially as an option to pass and plan your attacking play the way you want. The difference between playin wide or more compact was clearly there, and that's a matter of coice tatically.

Having no midfielder moving to a huge empty space in central midfield as an option for a pass is not a matter of tatics, it's not a mere choice from the human player, it's clearly a huge restriction from the AI that we have now on the full version, and to make it worse, the AI can close you down with their attackers much more quckly.

I must admit, the game has grown on me a little. My complaints still stand but I'm finding playing as the bigger sides much more enjoyable. They seem more willing to attack and not just camp in their own half.

A game between two middle/lower ranking teams can be such a chore, but I've had some good games as Real Madrid, Velez Sarsfield and Ajax.

The shooting needs looking at though. Kind of feels really inconsistent.

Having no midfielder moving to a huge empty space in central midfield as an option for a pass is not a matter of tatics, it's not a mere choice from the human player, it's clearly a huge restriction from the AI that we have now on the full version.

I don't think you are right here. With my Team Bayern you can play a really fantastic attacking style of play.

With Gomez in front, Ribery left, Robben right, Müller (AMF) right behind Gomez and Schweinsteiger as CMF (and a a good technical player like Gustavo playing DMF) you can burst trough your opponent defensive line. With offensive sliders the movement is brilliant.

PES always takes long to adjust to, for me I've had to test various settings before settling on something. For PES 2010, I couldn't get into it, mostly felt too fast. Got into the ML and there was no going back. Similar with PES 2011. I tried for the longest time to use manual crosses to make them harder. After a while I just stopped trying. I still wish they had a setting for manual crosses without extra button input. Seems like such an easy thing to include, would make crossing harder for those who want.

Last edited:
Jim would say you're doing it wrong. I'm not even sure myself but I think I just suck at it. Pressing the shoot button down longer has been working a little bit.

Yeah, although I still think it needs looking at. Sometimes it feels perfect, other times you get your player positioned for a lovely strike and the result is a rather vague, arcing, floaty shot.

Yeah, although I still think it needs looking at. Sometimes it feels perfect, other times you get your player positioned for a lovely strike and the result is a rather vague, arcing, floaty shot.

There is always a random element to the shots. You can get everything right and still blow the shot. Goes for the passes as well.

PES always takes long to adjust to, for me I've had to test various settings before settling on something. For PES 2010, I couldn't get into it, mostly felt too fast. Got into the ML and there was no going back. Similar with PES 2011. I tried for the longest time to use manual crosses to make them harder. After a while I just stopped trying. I still wish they had a setting for manual crosses without extra button input. Seems like such an easy thing to include, would make crossing harder for those who want.

It's so weird, I was much better at crossing in 2011 after reading Rob's guide to crossing placement. It doesn't seem to work as well in 2012 though, I get the same crossing animation every time...

There is always a random element to the shots. You can get everything right and still blow the shot. Goes for the passes as well.

True, that's always been the case. Thing is now we have the manual passing options, the lack of feel and control over shooting, and fact that it can feel so random, kind of goes against the grain.

Jim would say you're doing it wrong. I'm not even sure myself but I think I just suck at it. Pressing the shoot button down longer has been working a little bit.

LOL we played a few awesome games yesterday and at half time we chuckled at the shooting is floaty comments. The way we were fizzing them about was anything but floaty. What I can say though if you push a ball into space and press shoot before you are positioned I.e. Not over the ball the shots are usually soft. I love when you slam them from distance and the hit the side boards with that awesome thud.

Watching the Arsenal game v Marseilles and Chelsea v Genk you guys cannot be serious that -2 is the most realistic pace?

i'm deadly seruois about it being the best pace! Easily better than 0 in which the individuallity isn't as prominent, first touches, ball control seem much easier globallly for my playeers and especially the CPU.

-2 is the best speed for realsim. i was skeptical about it at first but in time you will see it's beauty.

i'm deadly seruois about it being the best pace! Easily better than 0 in which the individuallity isn't as prominent, first touches, ball control seem much easier globallly for my playeers and especially the CPU.

-2 is the best speed for realsim. i was skeptical about it at first but in time you will see it's beauty.

I tried -2 for a few games, it felt as if my players were running in 3ft of mud. Real football is no where near as slow as -2.

I tried -2 for a few games, it felt as if my players were running in 3ft of mud. Real football is no where near as slow as -2.

takes time to get used to, i think your trying to go from 0-50 in a flash mate. on -2 i build u speed with close passing, i get the ball moving, let the ball do all the work!

I'll give you the benefit of the doubt and suggest you do understand people who use -2 don't think it's a realistic pace but instead that it just happens to balance out things better and that the end result is often a more realistic reflection of things.

If i played 0 speed for 15 minutes i dread to think how many more goals there would be.

Last edited:
Something I've noticed that's really been bugging me... Has anyone else noticed that the 'Pressure' tactical slider only seems to do anything in the hands of AI. For instance, play as Barca for a little while and take note of the amount your teammates pressure the opponents. THEN, switch sides so you're playing against Barca, and all of a sudden they're actually pressuring you like they're supposed to. When you're in control however, your teammates just don't seem to press the opponents anywhere near as much as when the AI controls them.

Is there any solution to this? It's driving me mad when I want my team to pressure, but they simply don't, no matter how high the pressure slider is set.

Back
Top Bottom