PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

The best PES ever was demo 1, followed by demo 2 and in third place is the demo for 2011.

PES 2012 is way back in fourth place.

Having said that, playing become a legend in regular mode on +2 speed is decent at the mo.

But the demos gave you so many attacking options, shots from range, slipped through balls in the box, attacking players intelligently using space - and the computer mixed it up as well. Had so many great matches on the demo, not had one nearly as good as this.

It's back to working crosses in and cutbacks, wish there were the attacking options and fluidity of the demo.

The demo was sooo much better that negativity is inevitable when the final product is so cack (in comparison).

Why raise our expectations like that and then release what is essentially pes 2011.5?

Terrible, hopefully Murphy brings out some sort of patch.

I'm never paying for pes again, I'll just nick the demos!

Unbelievable Jeff!

Arrogant and completely speculative into the bargain.

**********************************************************************************************************************

It's just a game, man but folk don't say that they feel it captures elements of the sport really well just through blind ignorance. Something makes us players believe that this is the case.

I actually wish I really cared enough about animations, physics, western game development superiority and *....zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz* that much as it would make life a whole lot easier and I would just play FIFA. Unfortunately I demand more from my footy games than tech, physics and licenses and can live with some rough edges technically (though happy to embrace improvements) so long as the key aspect, the game play, delivers. Oh, how shallow of us all to simply want to enjoy our games and look beyond pretty exteriors.

Western game development regards sports titles is arguably guilty of taking itself too seriously and looking to over-sim via muddled mechanics that we are meant to believe equates to simulation. Having a ball at your feet is actual a very simple thing and 5 different running speeds and multiple dribble functions (FIFA) isn't really simulating that raw simplicity. The complexity in football lies elsewhere but not in control, so for me FIFA misses the point completely.[/QUOTE]

Have to laugh at the irony of the last paragraph pes has 4 according to u 1. Normal dribble 2. R2 dribble 3. R1 dribble and 4. The mysterious L2 dribble so ur point here about FIFA over-siming things and missing the point completely equates to them having 1 more dribbling speed than PES!!!???

I don't mind eirhers dribbling mechanic but this paragraph/argument is bizarre!

I guess i need to do some more testing then, to get the same feeling you have. Right now it feels strange on Zero and i don't see a lot of variation in passing. Maybe i should play with some weaker teams with only one or two good players with great passing skills to feel the difference more.

Maybe i just misunderstand the system at all by thinking that 4 bars is most affected by the player stats. And i don't see a lot of differences between 1 and 3, 2 and 3. So i need to make a decision between 0 or 4 to get the most fun out of this game.

Anyway, thank you for your opinion.

No problem bud, but trust me, that's exactly how it is.

If you consider the fact that 'Assistance', no matter what level, is being afforded to all players, regardless of stats, then it will become alot clearer.

I've played alot of MLO, with the majority of opponents using Pass Assistance. To see the likes of Stremer hitting perfectly weighted and accurate lobbed through-balls to the feet of his team-mates is beyond a joke. And it's the same for all ML default players. There is very little over-hit or under-hit passes, also, on Zero, it has a much more organic feel as the ball finds it's destination not always via the straight-line approach. The ball is played into space behind space, short, long, etc etc etc. You also have the ability to play very weak, short lay-off passes, or medium hit paced passes, or hard, drilled balls. So much more control that is completely contextual to the players statistics.

It's not an easy system to get to grips with, it takes alot of practice, but the rewards are so much more satisfying than anything I have ever played in my life. But, it's whatever floats your boat, some folks dont want that level of simulation, some want it to be an easier pick-up-and-play experience. And that's the reason we have both options.

Zero Assistance is hardcore simulation in my book. End of story.

The defenders are too quick and they are allowed to foul - especially in the pen area where the rules seem to change!

Playing as a striker on bal I've been fouled in the penalty area about 3 times - ref doesnt give a shit.

Watch real football, play real football, defending is about positioning. You cant fly in all the time or you'll give away free kicks all the time.

Why have they bottled it? Tackling is sooooo easy! And it was so fun mastering it on the demo - the skill isnt needed in the full game.

Pathetic

The best PES ever was demo 1, followed by demo 2 and in third place is the demo for 2011.

PES 2012 is way back in fourth place.

Having said that, playing become a legend in regular mode on +2 speed is decent at the mo.

But the demos gave you so many attacking options, shots from range, slipped through balls in the box, attacking players intelligently using space - and the computer mixed it up as well. Had so many great matches on the demo, not had one nearly as good as this.

It's back to working crosses in and cutbacks, wish there were the attacking options and fluidity of the demo.

The demo was sooo much better that negativity is inevitable when the final product is so cack (in comparison).

Why raise our expectations like that and then release what is essentially pes 2011.5?

Terrible, hopefully Murphy brings out some sort of patch.

I'm never paying for pes again, I'll just nick the demos!

Unbelievable Jeff!

They never said Pes 2012 was going to be a complete new game like they already said for Pes 2013 instead, so it should be logic it was a pes 2011.5

Anyway i don't agree with you. It's not a pes 2011.5. If it really was to me this could become the best Pes yet, not just a good game.

Also, one's player is constantly after the ball in full game, on his scripted path. You could just sit and hold your possession on the demo...

Jesus I honestly can't accept this crap!

They never said Pes 2012 was going to be a complete new game like they already said for Pes 2013 instead, so it should be logic it was a pes 2011.5

Anyway i don't agree with you. It's not a pes 2011.5. If it really was to me this could become the best Pes yet, not just a good game.

But demo 2 felt like PES 2012 it felt like a big step forward, Final game feels like PES 2011.5

I can't say I noticed much passing individuality on 0 (contrary to my initial impression). Maybe once you're more used it perhaps, but I was missplacing the same really easy passes with the likes of Stein as I was with Xavi. I've gone up to 2 and it's definitely more prominent, even on this setting passing is a lot more free than PES 2011.

I'm growing more to it now. WENB have produced a useful 'starter' guide about settings and basic maneuvers. For instance the default screen setting on the consoles blows up the resolution beyond the monitor size, so if you scale it back you get sharper graphics.

Still can't get over the AI's immediate strategy of packing the box game after game. Just had enough of dominating possession for it to break down time after time, then getting hit straight on the counter. If that can be modded I might get the game on PC instead.... Chimps?

I will say that I'm actually loving the defensive side of the game. It's the first PES where I've really had to think about what I'm doing. I turned off all the CPU assists and it's really heart in mouth stuff getting ahead the crosses. You get some really nice last ditch moments, and more often than not lumping the ball away as a standard response. Makes players like Leibermann useful just because of his stature, beast in the air.

Jon Murphy have just tweeted this moments ago:
@JonMurphy_PES
Flying back to Japan today armed with loads of feedback
I did read that and I think it's a weird one.
He twittered about the most important bugs that the team in Japan was aware of them and working at a fix.
Then what kind of feedback he is taken to Japan??

But demo 2 felt like PES 2012 it felt like a big step forward, Final game feels like PES 2011.5

tell me where Pes 2012 is like Pes 2011 according to you

to me there are many differencies
shooting is a lot different
crossing is different (worse in pes 2012)
pace of the game is much more fast in pes 2012
the game is too unbalanced towards attack
defence system is different
ball physics is different

the only similar things are graphics, animations, audio, and menus

this is all IMO

Although I'm not worried about most of the complaints I have read here, I think that the stumble thing is a real shame. They seemed to have it perfect in the demos (although thinking about it I hardly remember that animation in demo 2) and if it's back to what it was in PES 2011, ugh.

Noticed now how everyone who's not playing on -2 is having issues :)

Noticed how PESgbg has stopped complaining totally since he went to -2

Noticed how the people complaing about cheating, defensive weirdness and fast speed are playing on the badly balanced -1.

Noticed everyone calling it an simple arcade game will not budge from playing on 0

Priskinsprick is play on +2 and is trying to find that very responsive fun game which was the PES 2012 Demo which i think he probably played on 0.

Difference between demo 1 and the full game is Demo 1 was really about experimenting and delivering a fun fluid very challenging video game. The full game tries to cram in all the elemtns of arcade and simulation between +2 and -2 some of the fun factor seems to have been taken out :)

This is highly interesting. I think half is down t Konami badly setting up some of the gamespeeds especially -1 whih is just bad. This needs sorting, maybe +1 and +2 may need tweaks also to get back to the demo 1 style play.

Half is peoples inflated ego's because they have played pes for x number of years preventing them form making little tweaks to find the realsim they need.

I only feel for the people who want that fun fluid arcadey style game of Demo 1 who have lost this in the full game.

I'm a bit lost looking at the edit section, is there an option file available for UK which has transfers and kits done but no stats changed? except for any additional teams/players created, of course.

On the demo I was thinking like a footballer and it was satisfying to spot gaps and pick them out, knowing your attackers body is a decent enough obstacle to hold off the defender and that you have the pace to stay in front of a defender when youve worked hard for the opening.

On the full game I'm back to the megadrive mindset... not thinking about football but about finding a way to exploit a machine...

I honestly cant believe that people who played the demo to any extent have slapped this game in their ps3 £35 poorer and their faces have lit up. Just absolute pes 2011 lovers (weird bunch) who haven't had their applecart rocked...

Freedom?

No

so how the hell can a demo be better than the full game. I am lost?

THey amde scorign chacnes easy to make un to sell game? then make it tighter for full game?

anyway is this worht buying I have fifa 12 for pc which is ok. defiantley playable and fun modes. so no need for pes 2012 unless its back to glory days in gameplay

I can't say I noticed much passing individuality on 0 (contrary to my initial impression). Maybe once you're more used it perhaps, but I was missplacing the same really easy passes with the likes of Stein as I was with Xavi. I've gone up to 2 and it's definitely more prominent, even on this setting passing is a lot more free than PES 2011.

I'm growing more to it now. WENB have produced a useful 'starter' guide about settings and basic maneuvers. For instance the default screen setting on the consoles blows up the resolution beyond the monitor size, so if you scale it back you get sharper graphics.

Still can't get over the AI's immediate strategy of packing the box game after game. Just had enough of dominating possession for it to break down time after time, then getting hit straight on the counter. If that can be modded I might get the game on PC instead.... Chimps?

I will say that I'm actually loving the defensive side of the game. It's the first PES where I've really had to think about what I'm doing. I turned off all the CPU assists and it's really heart in mouth stuff getting ahead the crosses. You get some really nice last ditch moments, and more often than not lumping the ball away as a standard response. Makes players like Leibermann useful just because of his stature, beast in the air.

I'm genuinely flabbergasted at that Dan, honest I am. I've never felt it as prominent, ever. It's the clever stuff where it shines through the most, the killer passes, the lobbed through-ball that carves open opposition. It's just not possible with the lesser players, or very, very few and far between. Then again, even the short simple stuff requires concentration when using defenders with a lesser skill level in that department.

so how the hell can a demo be better than the full game. I am lost?

THey amde scorign chacnes easy to make un to sell game? then make it tighter for full game?

anyway is this worht buying I have fifa 12 for pc which is ok. defiantley playable and fun modes. so no need for pes 2012 unless its back to glory days in gameplay

Well do you like realism? Fun or a mixture of both?

Seems alot of people think the full game has changed drastically from the demo. I dunno, I must be crazy because I feel the only difference between the demo and the full game are the goalkeepers.

Can we maybe get a new thread created for all this moaning?

I've nothing against people venting their legitemate frustrations but it's just getting ridiculously out of hand. I come into this thread for news on Option files, general fun chat and things like that. Not to see the same small handful of people act as if they represent all of us and sit here going on and on and on about how shit PES is.

I've read the exact same complaint repeated by the exact same posters too many times now. I'm not sure who they're trying desperately to convince but If they wish to continue, please can we have it all contained to a separate thread?

I'm not talking about well thought out posts. Just the 'RIP PES you piece of shit' style posters.

Agree with this. This thread has got so depressing. It's just people moaning, arguing with each other, saying the same thing over and over.
I come here in the hope of reading tips, interesting stories, news, fun PES related stuff, but always leave thinking that this is the worst game in the world. Yet, every time I play it, I have a great time and I've played countless early hour sessions, making me realise opinions really count for shit.

We really need either a complaints/negativity thread or a positive experiences thread. I hope its ok if I start a positive thread, just so like minded people have a fun, enjoyable thread to go to instead of wading through so much shit stuff they may not enjoy reading.

I'm not saying it's wrong to be negative or that everybody should be positive, I just need a little corner devoid of negativity for the sake of my sanity and I think some others would like this too.

Link: http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=65678

Last edited:
Noticed now how everyone who's not playing on -2 is having issues :)

Slower speed does make the game better offline for sure. I find that whereas the player control is more considered, the ball pace still feels slightly overcooked.

I wish we could change speed for online....or can we?

What if the two players are -2, does the server lock the speed at 0?

Anyone know where I can find definitive info on this?

Cheers

Some of you like to watch full games? I'm going to record all of my CL games with Benfica and load it up to youtube.

After winning the CL with Bayern (played on professional setting)really easy, i will try to do it again (again on professional settings) this time not with a first class team.

I've already played the first game against Real Madrid (other opponents will be Twente and Kiew) at Home. If you like to watch full games you may enjoy.

First Half

YouTube - SL Benfica vs Real Madrid - Halbzeit 1 - PES 2012

Second Half

YouTube - SL Benfica vs Real Madrid Halbzeit 2 - PES 2012

More games to come.

Personally i like to watch other players playing against the AI, just to see how they handle things.

Last edited:
Slower speed does make the game better offline for sure. I find that whereas the player control is more considered, the ball pace still feels slightly overcooked.

I wish we could change speed for online....or can we?

What if the two players are -2, does the server lock the speed at 0?

Anyone know where I can find definitive info on this?

Cheers

No definitive info on this, but you can't change the speed online for sure. There's no setting for you to choose.

Hope it’s ok to have this thread. Main discussion thread has become depressing, full of moaning, arguments and negativity. I’m not saying that’s wrong but it would be nice to have a little corner of positivity, and where good posts don’t get ignored or lost under a pile of all of the above.

So please use this thread for positive, fun and interesting talk about PES 2012. If you can’t stand people being positive about the game or want to be negative, please just ignore this thread and use the main discussion thread instead.

So anyway, for me this is the first PES game that has got me addicted again since PES5. I’ve been playing all night sessions many times over the last couple of weeks.

I play on PC -2 speed and 0 pass assistance.

Lots of things I love, but to keep this post from taking up the whole page I’ll talk about ML first.

Playing with Catania, Professional 15 mins. Real struggle in 1st season. Every goal counted and was therefore a real joy. Found a better way to train, improved my coaches and tactics and getting more reward in the 2nd season.

I know about the strengths and weaknesses of all my players and using them correctly really makes a difference.

Getting such a wide variety of matches, from tight no or low scoring games to 3-3 draws to 6-3 defeats. As I said, I loved PES 5 but the AI wouldn’t be that dangerous and there wasn’t much variety in scores.

Top players stand out and cause me problems. So much so that I often result to fouling them hoping to cause injuries. Players that have scored hat-tricks vs me: Lavezzi, Pato, Pastore, Neymar. Brilliant.

Re: top players, my chairman asking me to do all I can to stop Lavezzi from scoring was a nice challenge. He’d scored a hat-trick in the 1st meeting, so managing to then actually stop him felt great.

Form arrows work better, fatigue works better, morale works better. Trying to play a player out of position so he learns the position. He’s played quite well but now morale and form have gone down. Do I keep trying to play him there or revert him back to try and improve his form and morale? Love it.

Scoring a wide variety of goals. Demo made me think long shots were too easy, but my players are simply not good enough to consistently score like that so I’m having to try different things. Even long ball football, which I don’t like, can be effective and I’m forced to use it for the good of the team.

Have seen no stupid transfers with transfers set to low. Only Neymar to Udinese, but he is a free agent and I can convince myself that an up and coming Champions League team would be a good stepping stone into European Football for him. In fact there have been so few big transfers that medium setting may be better but I don’t know.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm surprised people are criticizing the offline experience so much. It's online that's the issue for me, after you've lost the ability to adjust passing assistance and game speed. Sure you can join a community, but most of the time I just wanna pick up and play.

I just skimmed the last two pages. I didn't enjoy it much but i do agree with most of the comments about defending. I actually praised the concept of attacking against teams defending in numbers but it's fairly obvious it's not really used tactically to defend a lead, it's just generally the norm from the off. It's a little bit silly when it's like 15 minutes in and the CPU are defending with 7 players in the box.

Some of you like to watch full games? I'm going to record all of my CL games with Benfica and load it up to youtube.

After winning the CL with Bayern (played on professional setting)really easy, i will try to do it again (again on professional settings) this time not with a first class team.

I've already played the first game against Real Madrid (other opponents will be Twente and Kiew) at Home. If you like to watch full games you may enjoy.

First Half

YouTube - SL Benfica vs Real Madrid - Halbzeit 1 - PES 2012

Second Half

YouTube - SL Benfica vs Real Madrid Halbzeit 2 - PES 2012

More games to come.

Personally i like to watch other players playing against the AI, just to see how they handle things.

Very nice sir. I like your style. What are you game speed, passing setting, player assistance settings?

Also Re: the last couple pages; I think the common criticisms are clear. These arguments really shouldn't drag on any longer.

Last edited:
The main things that are really annoying me are:

-Defenders following the striker far too deep into the box, playing everyone onside every time.

-90%+ of rebounds/clearances fall to the cpu. Doesn't matter if you have a corner with 4 people staying back, the ball will always go to the 1 cpu attacker waiting up there.

-Goalkeepers throw the ball out too often, in fact they very rarely kick it long. Even with passbacks they always do a short simple pass and the defenders play around as if they are Barca. This happens even with the worst teams in the league.

Overall it is a pretty good game but I am finding myself playing a lot less than what I have with previous games.

All on -2 speed and 0 Assistance too.

Just been reminded of a little annoyance of mine... CPU Sliding Toe Poke Shots from range!

You know something subtle that i'm sure is in the game is that unsighted goalkeepers react slower to shots. I'm talking about times where they can't see the ball at all because of players being in front on them. Anyone else believe this?

Back
Top Bottom