PES 2012 Discussion Thread .......

So I'd this 360 run bug thing something that just happens when you're running along, and your player randomly stops?

I played the 360 version last might and never noticed anything to be honest. It's on 1080p if that makes any difference, but it runs slower and at a more realistic pace than the PS3 one. Really odd.

So I'd this 360 run bug thing something that just happens when you're running along, and your player randomly stops?

I played the 360 version last might and never noticed anything to be honest. It's on 1080p if that makes any difference, but it runs slower and at a more realistic pace than the PS3 one. Really odd.

Yeah that's right mate. Run, stop, run, stop etc... You think you're away from a defender only for your player to stop randomly. It happens when you are defending too so it's difficult to catch up to a player

I just found this on PES Gaming website:

http://www.pesgaming.com/showthread.php?t=86485

The temporary fix is to use pad 2 when playing offline.

I've only played a couple of games online but didn't notice it.

Either way I'm hoping a patch is not too far away!

I may be joining the PC section with you too, just need to sort out my PC. Got the PS3 version, played some very exhilarating matches online, but the speed is a little annoying.

May I ask what your laptop specs are? I've always thought laptops can't run games smoothly and get too hot.

Hi mate. my laptop does get hot and sounds like a jumbo jet taking off at times. bought it for working away so i could game on the go. it does the job tho.

Processor: Intel(R)Core (TM)2 Extreme CPU X7900 @ 2.8GHZ
Memory: 4GB
32 bit operating system
Windows Vista Ultimate
Think my graphics card is a NVIDIA GeForce 8800M GTX

I get good on all the PC compatability settings for pes and i play on high quality setting. super smooth until it decides to defrag the hard drive haha

Now im not very tech minded so if want any other specs let me know. at the time of purchase i had money to burn so just tried to get the best of everything (but not pay stupid money)

Last edited:
Konami just have to transfer some part of their development process to Europe to be near their fans.
Konami as a company is closed to feedback, they just put in the game some little things we ask for like square nets, but the most important things are completely overlooked.

Anyway i can tell you why someone thinks pes 2012 is a step backwards compared to Pes 2011.Pes 2012 is based on high speed match pace, high speed running players, automatic default passing, and all its flaws are magnified by the unrealistic speed we play the game. On the contrary, Pes 2011 was a lot slower, and its flaws were less evident when playing the game.
All considered the game has the same amount of problems as pes 2011
i guess many of us just wanted a fixed and improved Pes 2011 in responsiveness, but they didn't listen, and as always they developed the game their own way. I must say i have not much hope now they will manage to make a revolutionary Pes on next gen since they screwed the good things that Pes 2011 had and made the game more arcadish.

I wish they decide to go the full simulation route, because right now being a mix between arcade and sim isn't successfull anymore

Yes, this is the one:
YouTube - 2nd PES example

It is something typical for the Xbox version.
Only if you have a TV with 1080p AND 60 Hz you do not have this problem.
I am not sure if this Sprint-bug is the same as the stumble-bug. They look different to me.

I repeatedly sended Jon Murphy a tweet and I also PM-ed Adam about it and both see what the problem is but on the question if ( and when ) a patch will come, they don't have an answer.
Jon Murphy came closest to an answer:
JonMurphy_PES Jon Murphy
@
@Hillman8 team is looking into a fix. That would come in an update to code not DLC

Last edited:
Ah thanks that explains it then. I'm running my game on both 60hz and 1080p which is why that bug doesn't happen in my game. Might explain the more realistic pace of my game too.

fifa 80% pes 20%, global sales. I think it is time for konami to move on and fire seabass (and john murphy with him). they have run out of good ideas. New team, fresh ideas. Worst selling fifa pes ratio ever. and it is going to get worse. my shop already have tons of second hand copies of pes 2012, none of fifa yet.

konami must do something.

As long as us PES fans comfort ourselves with the myth that FIFA owes its success to licenses, graphics, tricks, kids, casuals, backhanders to media, etc. (did I miss anything there?), PES will be in as much danger as at any time in its history.

I'm loving PES2012. I think most people currently complaining about it will also love it in a few days or weeks.

Relatively few people outside the PES fan bubble are bothered about PES any more. Konami need to look hard at why. Marketing is a big part of the answer, but only a part.

Yeah, that's the one Han. It's really annoying and pretty much destroys the game during what's supposed to be a thrilling moment. I will try the 'frankly ridiculous that i even have to do this' interim workaround of using a second controller and see if it works.

FD, i've earnt my right to moan :P

Konami just have to transfer some part of their development process to Europe to be near their fans.
Konami as a company is closed to feedback, they just put in the game some little things we ask for like square nets, but the most important things are completely overlooked.

Completely agree.
The suggestion to fire both Seabass and John Murphy is a bit premature. Something is wrong, but as complete outsiders, we don't have a clue what is wrong (well: they don't listen enough to their hardcore fans) exactly and who is to blame.

I fear that PES has reached a point of no return. It once was a game for a select minority who loved football. And then because it was that good, it suddenly became this huge thing that sold very well (that must have been PES5 and 6, even PES4). Nextgen was bad and then the development team began to struggle: arcade game or simulation...IMO there is a solution: sliders. NBA2K is a simulation, but you can add arcade elements with the sliders and this year FIFA did the same thing. But i fear for the future because Konami never had the intention to make the game customizable. One has only to think about the time it took them before you could decide yourself how long ML matches are. For years the only possibility was 10 minutes. There are plenty of other examples.

This said, i think it's too soon to write the game off, it grows on me...but maybe i'm a hardcore fanatic and extremely loyal...(although i can't understand why things like the stutter are still in the game...it seems as if PES is not tested (enough)).

PES2011 gave us hope, i'm not sure if PES2012 is a step in the right direction, maybe i will think so in a couple of weeks. But basically this is irrelevant. Good games should be easy to learn and hard to master...this is not the case for PES. PES2012 is too different from PES2011 and even from the second demo...

Is there any chance of a patch to make the game like the demo?

I bought FIFA 12, started winning every match 1 or 2-0. A week later I sold it as it was by far inferior to the demo of pes.

If PES2012 was the same as the demo, I'm sure that many FIFA converts would have come back over the course of the year.

I really am baffled.

PES is my favourite series, oh well at least Skyrim is out soon!

To add more sad numbers about Pes

#PES2012 enters the UK charts in fifth place which is it's worst entry since PSOne days
I remember this never happened last years in UK.
Finally it is happening. Let's hope this means Konami will act fast and strong

I have a suggestion for Konami: make Pes 2013 as a true simulation. Not just in press releases, also in gameplay.No more arcade settings, no more +1, +2 speed, no more 3,4,5 bars assistance.Slow down the pace of the game.
They don't have to worry losing sales by making the game too difficult for casual player since they are already losing sales even with an arcade game.
I'll tell you again,Konami. Stand out as a true football simulation and people will reward you.

Last edited:
Yeah Han saved me from uploading a clip. Happened to me about 8-10 times in the first half of my first game tonight. Wouldn't let me de-select pad 1 as I signed in with it so had to fix the cursor on Glen Johnson and play the rest of the game (on pad 2) effectively with 10 men.

It really is unacceptable.

Signed back in using pad 2 and hey presto it works perfectly! My headache has disappeared! LOL!

To add more sad numbers about Pes

I remember this never happened last years in UK.
Finally it is happening. Let's hope this means Konami will act fast and strong

That doesn't mean much to be honest.

You need to compare actual sales against last years actuals to see how well/bad PES is performing. What games are around at the time of release can impact on where it enters the charts.

That 80% FIFA 20% PES stat is irrelevent too. FIFA was released a few weeks before PES so it's not a true reflection of the market share.

Does anyone know how many actual copies of PES 2012 were sold in its first week compared to last year?

I think a lot of PES fans will get the game anyway to see for themselves, so Konami's sales have been secure in that area for a few years. Loyalty should probably be wearing thin by now - I know mine is.

I just can't understand why Konami don't continue to improve on the games strengths. It's supposed to be Pro EVOLUTION soccer, but each year we get a mutation that is chock-full of new annoyances. This year it's the dreadful goalkeepers and the collective detriments (ref, stumbles) to flowing gameplay. Online is pinball.

I don't know why I care so much but I do. Maybe it's because I've spent so much time playing and enjoying the previous iterations. Ah well, time I went for a walk in the sunshine.

pes was sold in continental europe 2 days before fifa actually.

even with the uk share, the difference stays the same. And with uncharted, batman, battlefield, call of duty etc things will get worse for konami.

it sold much less than usual in france, spain and italy.

google and u find all the information. greetings.

Still means nothing mate.

I've just googled it and I've found the sales figures for PS3 only.

PES 2011

Week 1 - 439,104
Week 2 - 474,542
Total - 913,646

PES 2012

Week 1 - 662,230
Week 2 - 147,328
Total - 809,558

Sales are up in Asia and Americas but down in Europe. As the game has not been released for even 1 week in some European countries these figures tell us very little.

You'd need to incorporate other platform sales and give it at least 4 weeks before comparing the figures.

Is tackling in real football not a skill?
Seabass doesnt seem think so, why is it soo damn easy?
Last year we had the ridiculous hold down X and O to win the ball. This year all we have to do is position a player close to the ball and he will take it. Also you can still run into someone and win the ball, I dont remember that being in the demo.
Does anyone use the contain mechanic? I find it, yet again, completely redundant.

The LT + A thing? Oh god no. It's awfully pointless. It only helps the attacker get closer to goal knowing the defender is basically doing nothing but letting him towards it without any fear of a tackle/block coming in.

I actually find Fifa 12 to be much worse at that this year though because it's much easier in Fifa for an attacker to ghost past a defender in small spaces but PES isn't much better because of the whole burst thing you get when double tapping the run trigger. It is easy to beat a player anywhere on the pitch. There's too little trepidation as an attacker IMO. You don't feel scared to just get the ball and run forward with it. In fact getting the ball and running forward is PES 2012 in a nutshell. The only time you have to stop attacking is if they double team you. At which point you long ball it to the wings. Happens every time. In my opinion midfield is starting to feel devoid of any point. PES 2012 feels firmly like a game that is played in the final third of both halves of the pitch.

It's completely a balance issue. Personally i don't find that it ruins PES but it's a far cry from the PES 5 days where the advantage lay firmly with the defender and attacking felt incredibly rewarding when you managed to carve open the defence. Fifa 2008 had this balance too. No coincidence that those two games are generally highly revered on this forum. It's not really a nostalgia thing here, i hate that, but those two games had great balance between attack and defence. Obviously in real football it's hard to attack/score. That's why football is generally quite a low scoring game. I wish Konami would take that on board. After all there's already a football game out there that lets you attack with instant gratification. I play 20 minute games and if there's less than 6 goals in the game then i'm surprised. I think it's the way the game works because both me and the CPU seem to find it incredibly easy to score. If the computer struggles to defend then i'd say the balance is with in favour of the attack. 4-3's, 3-2's. 5-4's are generally the order of the day.

PES 2012 does reflect attacking against a team who defend in numbers brilliantly though. Attacking against a defending team is so hard, as it should be. This relates back to my point about the trepidation only coming when in the face of numerous defenders. I'm not sure how i feel about counter attacking. It feels too easy and counter attack chances happen too often. If you take a corner and the computer clears it then it's generally always a counter attack chance unless they mess up in the oddest of ways (like just don't bother to challenge for the ball). The computer basically only scores from counter attacks and set pieces too which i have found currently. Another inherent issue with counter attacks is the way the ball can literally get blocked (from a shot for instance) and go 25 yards in the opposite direction. I was watching football at the weekend and noticed if that does happen then the ball generally loops in the air or deflects out wide (Fifa reflects that pretty well). In PES it literally stays about 5-10 yards off the ground and flies 180 degrees in the opposite direction every time.

Actually whilst on the subject of corners. PES 2011, and PES 2010, had much more dynamic corners. If you take a normal corner (i.e not a right stick one) in PES 2012 then you can't really get your player to attack the ball well unless the ball happens to come within 3 yards of his position. I remember in 2011 you could switch to a player off the ball and make a run towards where you thought the ball was going. Off the ball play from corners in PES 2012 seems very static in comparison.

Last edited:
Right guys i have figured out the difference between Demo 2 and Final game after extensive play of both last night.

If you play Demo 2 look how free the ball is, that invisible bit of string has turned into a long piece of string and the ball is VERY FREE almost Fifa like.

Play the full game and the ball is glued to the players foot and that invisible piece of string is back and is tiny which not only looks awful it's obviously having a MASSIVE impact on the game.

Try it for yourselfs guys, Play as Spurs v Munich and recreate both games, When you run in the Demo the ball physics are on another level, run with Lennon and see how the ball is free, then run with him in the full game.

Also the floating shooting from Demo 1 is alot more prevalent in the final game, Shooting is great in Demo 2 with very little floaty shots.

It's obvious to me that Demo 2 is a far more advanced than the full game for whatever reason.

Last edited:
Right guys i have figured out the difference between Demo 2 and Final game after extensive play of both last night.

If you play Demo 2 look how free the ball is, that invisible bit of string has turned into a long piece of string and the ball is VERY FREE almost Fifa like.

Play the full game and the ball is glued to the players foot and that invisible piece of string is back and is tiny which not only looks awful it's obviously having a MASSIVE impact on the game.

Try it for yourselfs guys, Play as Spurs v Munich and recreate both games, When you run in the Demo the ball physics are on another level, run with Lennon and see how the ball is free, then run with him in the full game.

Also the floating shooting from Demo 1 is alot more prevalent in the final game, Shooting is great in Demo 2 with very little floaty shots.

It's obvious to me that Demo 2 is a far more advanced than the full game for whatever reason.

yep i went back to demo 2 and felt the same. why fix something that did not need fixing? it's like last years demo and final game all over again.

yep i went back to demo 2 and felt the same. why fix something that did not need fixing? it's like last years demo and final game all over again.

I think Demo 2 is a far more advanced code to sell the game, obviously the final game had to goto print long before Demo 2 came out due to it coming out early all over Europe.

Last edited:
Is there any chance of a patch to make the game like the demo?

I bought FIFA 12, started winning every match 1 or 2-0. A week later I sold it as it was by far inferior to the demo of pes.

If PES2012 was the same as the demo, I'm sure that many FIFA converts would have come back over the course of the year.

I really am baffled.

PES is my favourite series, oh well at least Skyrim is out soon!

nope i thought the demo was awful and the final version is worse. it will take a lot of work from Konami to get me back to PES but cant see it happening any time soon...On top of that FIFA will probably release a Euro game and then further development for FIFA 13 so I expect next year will be the same..shame really but there you go

I think Demo 2 is a far more advanced code to sell the game, obviously the final game had to goto print long before Demo 2 came out due to it coming out early all over Europe.

ahh so thats why so many people on MLO have wonder teams, an earlier start. jon murphy has been quiet on twitter aswell, not like him, alright he's not perfect but at least he always tried to answer many tweets as possible.

Omg.. the final game is really what i've been reading here ?

Refs are broken again (they were GREAT on the demo like last year's demo) ? Stumble animation is back (huge advantages for pressure whores, omg) ? Pinball passing online ? Secound pressure closing space in so short time again ? 0 speed too fast ?

What the hell they've done ?:CONFUSE::CONFUSE:

I can't fucking believe it!!:RANT::RANT:

ps: i don't have the game yet, but it's depressing to read these stuff AGAIN this year...

I keep getting matched up with Div 1 teams on MLO when im in Div 5, its doing my nut in, and they are all fully assisted, ive got no chance :(

Omg.. the final game is really what i've been reading here ?

Refs are broken again (they were GREAT on the demo like last year's demo) ? Stumble animation is back (huge advantages for pressure whores, omg) ? Pinball passing online ? Secound pressure closing space in so short time again ? 0 speed too fast ?

What the hell they've done ?:CONFUSE::CONFUSE:

I can't fucking believe it!!:RANT::RANT:

ps: i don't have the game yet, but it's depressing to read these stuff AGAIN this year...

LOL relax its not that bad. I am having an absolute blast with this game and I have just about come to terms with its gross imperfections.

Here are my pros and cons and you will notice the cons,based on over two weeks of playing pes2012 and i loved the first WE demo.

Pros:
- The offense behaviour of CPU teammates is improved compared to PES 2011. That means many more intelligent runs, and less such things as sudden stops during counterattacks.
- At the same time, the opponent defensive AI is improved, too. My 2011 standard goal, the low cross (3x tap long pass button) from near the corner flag is getting caught by defenders or the goalie much more often. Generally, your attacking player with the ball is covered better, and less space is given for you to exploit.
- I personally have not used it, but if the new feature of sending your teammates to a certain direction via the “R”-stick really works, this should give even more flexibility and freedom on the attack. And a big challenge in learning it, I suppose.
Trouble is, I will hardly bother with this new feature, because of the massive

Cons:
- Defense: On a regular basis, my CPU teammates are being run through by attackers, and I mean that literally. Same issue as with PES 2011 really.
- The ball can be as close as one or two inches to a defender’s foot and a foot or two away from the opponent’s: Guess who will get the ball? Unfortunately again, this is hardly an exaggeration. My CPU teammates can just not be bothered with the ball. They sometimes have even problems to pick it up when no opponent is around.
- Ball Physics: I have two issues with that: First, often the ball bounces off my players in a weird angle, and way too far and fast. Also, when I build the game slowly up from behind and pass the ball around between my defense players, the ball seems to be slowed down a lot. When I tap the short pass button only quickly, the ball will slowly, slooooowly, move and just about reach the 5 yard distance before it stops. It is then getting picked up by an opponent attacker, or, if I am lucky, one of my teammates just about gets there first, under extreme pressure from a CPU opponent’s striker, of course. The simplest of passes thus often become a real challenge. Main issue here is that it is not consistent: In other situations (mainly in the opponent’s half, I have the feeling), a quick tap can mean a quite fast pass to a player up to 30 yards away!
- Change of defender: A great new feature that you can choose the defender you get via the “R”-stick. In theory. In practice, most of the time you get the defender closest to the ball only with a lag of a second or two. But hey: Once the attacker in possesion passed your defence line, you can get the chosen one, and witness the goal from up close!

Well, CPU Opponents going THROUGH players and keeping posession, passes bouncing off players in awkward angles and ridiculously fast, slowed down passes (especially in your own half!?!), CPU teammates who cannot be bothered with the ball and well-positioned defenders I cannot choose:
The game has HUGE potential, the attacking play I find really good and much improved, but with these most basic screw-ups in the defense it is just another big letdown by Konami. What a pity!

The first and second demos of WE were sublime!!!!sadly not the final game.

Back
Top Bottom